PDA

View Full Version : PS2 - Saved Game Files Fine, Card Corrupted

mizukage
Nov 3, 2007, 02:35 AM
Edited.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-11-03 07:15 ]</font>

Skuda
Nov 3, 2007, 03:00 AM
If it was a generic PS2 memory card, then I'd say you brought it on yourself. NEVER trust 3rd party hardware for something as important as save data.

On the otherhand, if it was an official one, you have my condolences. Losing your files is like losing a puppy. Only less tangible...

mizukage
Nov 3, 2007, 03:35 AM
On 2007-11-03 01:00, Skuda wrote:
If it was a generic PS2 memory card, then I'd say you brought it on yourself. NEVER trust 3rd party hardware for something as important as save data.

On the otherhand, if it was an official one, you have my condolences. Losing your files is like losing a puppy. Only less tangible...

Edited: Memory card is non-generic. And yes, losing my saved game files is like people losing their puppies, but less tangible. After all, saved game files can be re-obtained through effort and hard work, unlike the latter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-11-03 07:18 ]</font>

UnderscoreX
Nov 3, 2007, 07:24 AM
Put it in the freezer.

mizukage
Nov 3, 2007, 09:06 AM
The strange thing is that it won't let me save game or access new saved game files anymore. Aside from the fact that AR MAX had froze during a glitch saved file transfer which I had forgotten about. I just transferred a different ps2 saved game from my alt. memory card to test its effects.

In the MAX memory manager, the memory card's 905kb size decreases to 789kb and the newly saved game file appears. After that, I restarted the ps2 to check the browser and to find no files at all, yet the free space dispaces 789kb. I loaded the game to find that I cannot continue. It seems that the memory card still contain non-accessable ps2 saved game files, yet saved games cannot be loaded.

This means that it is still possible for me to recover my saved game files, because the files aren't corrupted, but instead.. It is the memory card that is corrupted. If somehow I can attach the ps2 memory card to the USB and transfer, all those nice saved game files can still be recovered. However, I have no idea how to accomplish that...

On 2007-11-03 05:24, UnderscoreX wrote:
Put it in the freezer.

For serious? I don't see how that fixes it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-11-03 07:13 ]</font>