PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Arkguard: Official SEGA translation

GutsGO
Nov 3, 2007, 10:54 AM
Looks like SEGA is translating and giving us the 'Phantom of Arkguard' Moving Comic that Japan got before AoI.

I searched through the forums and that massive PoA thread by Espio but didn't see mention of this. If it's been talked about then sorry.

Preview can be found here: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/15975

EspioKaos
Nov 3, 2007, 11:04 AM
D:

I'm glad to see there's going to be an official localization of this.

Rizen
Nov 3, 2007, 11:26 AM
Nice! Can't wait to see how bad SEGA translate compared to fans this turns out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

beatrixkiddo
Nov 3, 2007, 11:32 AM
I bet they'll use the fan translation, just like they did with Ultimate PA!

EspioKaos
Nov 3, 2007, 11:40 AM
On 2007-11-03 09:32, beatrixkiddo wrote:
I bet they'll use the fan translation, just like they did with Ultimate PA!

If they end up doing that, I don't know if I'd be flattered or pissed! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kinako78
Nov 3, 2007, 11:49 AM
I'd go with flattered that they think your translation's that good. I sure think it is.

susaru7
Nov 3, 2007, 11:52 AM
Is this comic bassically a 2nd expansion in the making.

Rizen
Nov 3, 2007, 11:55 AM
Nope. Its an explaination of what happened behind and between Ep1 and 2 and leads to 3.

Kairi_Li
Nov 3, 2007, 11:55 AM
No, it depicts events between episode 1 and 2, along with events we didn't see in episode 2 since we were with Laia.

Zorafim
Nov 3, 2007, 01:23 PM
Heh, too late now. Most of us have already seen it all the way through.

ChaosAngel92
Nov 3, 2007, 03:15 PM
On 2007-11-03 11:23, Zorafim wrote:
Heh, too late now. Most of us have already seen it all the way through.

I agree, i think SEGA dont understand that the uniique people that continue playing are the real fans, witch know almost everything on the future.

mizukage
Nov 3, 2007, 09:24 PM
Nice!! I wonder why the name always get changed after the localization. Just attacks and just counters became timed attacks and counterattacks. Now, the Phantom of Arkguard ends up as the Shadow of Arkguard. Eh well, it doesn't matter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ShadowDragon28
Nov 3, 2007, 09:29 PM
I would of thought it would be "Phantasy Star Universe: The Phantom Arkguard" to resemble "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" , to fit in with PSU's Star Wars-ish aspects... >_> ....<_<

Sega of America is a little slow to keep up with new PSU stuff sometimes...

Sinue_v2
Nov 3, 2007, 11:51 PM
It never did explain just what the Arkguard was.

Turambar
Nov 3, 2007, 11:57 PM
Didn't it say that the arkguard was a rank for elite assassins in Illuminous? I remember reading that somewhere in the convo between Ethan and Howzer's boss (I forget his name)

ShadowDragon28
Nov 3, 2007, 11:58 PM
Yes it did..sort of.

Howzer told Ethen that his dad (Olson Waber) worked for Illuminas and was it's Arkguard which means "angel of death";
so possibly it's some kind of assasin or special secret ops agent?

Sinue_v2
Nov 4, 2007, 12:21 AM
Yeah, that's right. My bad.

zandra117
Nov 4, 2007, 12:49 AM
PSU Episode 3 spoiler: Ethan walks through the mines area on Dark Planet Ryucross when a voice from behind says "You have defied Howzer's will and the will of the Illuminus!" "I have been chosen to carry on the title of Arkguard and you are my first target Ethan Waber!" *The "Black Hound" steps out of a nearby corridor and readies his scythe* "Let me eat your soul!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-11-03 22:50 ]</font>

ChaosAngel92
Nov 4, 2007, 12:53 AM
On 2007-11-03 22:49, zandra117 wrote:
PSU Episode 3 spoiler: Ethan walks through the mines area on Dark Planet Ryucross when a voice from behind says "You have defied Howzer's will and the will of the Illuminus!" "I have been chosen to carry on the title of Arkguard and you are my first target Ethan Waber!" *The "Black Hound" steps out of a nearby corridor and readies his scythe* "Let me eat your soul!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-11-03 22:50 ]</font>

you got to be kidding me

mizukage
Nov 4, 2007, 01:14 AM
On 2007-11-03 21:51, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Arkguard.. I believe Arkguard is an Illuminus ranking. It was originally the traitor Olson Waber's Illuminus rank, but because Olson defected to the Guardians, he was stripped of his rank and detained. However, Howzer was willing to let Ethan obtain the mighty "Arkguard" rank in Illuminus by taking the life of President Dallgun, but Ethan chose not to do so. Thus, there were no new Arkguards...

For serious? Or is this just another one of those Episode 3 spoiler jokes???

zandra117
Nov 4, 2007, 03:58 AM
On 2007-11-03 23:14, mizukage wrote:

On 2007-11-03 21:51, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Arkguard.. I believe Arkguard is an Illuminus ranking. It was originally the traitor Olson Waber's Illuminus rank, but because Olson defected to the Guardians, he was stripped of his rank and detained. However, Howzer was willing to let Ethan obtain the mighty "Arkguard" rank in Illuminus by taking the life of President Dallgun, but Ethan chose not to do so. Thus, there were no new Arkguards...

For serious? Or is this just another one of those Episode 3 spoiler jokes???

Umm... its a joke, duh lol
I would have to clean my pants if that actually happens though.