PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the threshold for melee attacks flinching you?

Remedy
Nov 3, 2007, 11:51 AM
Like, how much damage do you have to reduce a melee attack to in order to keep it from flinching you (and therefore interrupting spells like Megiverse)?

Libram
Nov 3, 2007, 12:02 PM
Not entirely too sure of this myself, but I'm willing to guess it ranges from 10% at the most to %5 at the least. It also depends on the attack itself. Normal shots from a Delsaban for example can be shrugged off if the damage can be reduced enough. The double-swipe that knocks you back, however, tends to cause at the very least flinching even if it only hits for 1.

Remedy
Nov 3, 2007, 12:09 PM
Well, I'll be specific then.

How much damage does it take for a Golmaro's jumping attack to flinch you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Orin654
Nov 3, 2007, 12:16 PM
Those Seed Vance tentancles make me flinch even if the damage is low. It may sometimes depend on the attack

Sychosis
Nov 3, 2007, 12:20 PM
I believe it was 5% of your max HP.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Remedy
Nov 3, 2007, 12:21 PM
5%, eh?

So 64.15.

Hrm, I wonder if another 8% light protection could shave the 100-damage hits they are now down to that level. =/

beatrixkiddo
Nov 3, 2007, 12:35 PM
Some attacks ALWAYS cause knockdown, such as SEED-Vance's spin, and Goshin's head-smack.

Remedy
Nov 3, 2007, 01:05 PM
I assume that Golmaros aren't part of that, right? And they don't even knockdown, they just stagger you, which cancels Megiverse. =/

Zorafim
Nov 3, 2007, 01:18 PM
Some moves are supposed to cause knockback, and will at least stun as long as you take 1 damage. Same with knockup and knockdown. I'm not sure about stun, though.

Remedy
Nov 3, 2007, 01:21 PM
We've addressed that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The issue at hand is: How high of a Light armor do I need to hunt for my Psycho Wand(s) without being constantly staggered by Golmaros out of my Megiverse? XD

Sychosis
Nov 3, 2007, 01:31 PM
I'd guess 38-50% depending on the armor. My Nafri is 30% and I still take 100+ damage from them. Not sure how adversely affected this will be after the expansion, but Psycho Wands shouldn't be very rare for too long anyway.

Remedy
Nov 3, 2007, 07:44 PM
Eh, I'd rather attempt to find it before the expansion while it's still an "OMG PSYCHO WAND" instead of "oh, another Psycho Wand". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The fact that I want 4 of them will make that drop rate boost NICE, but I'd like the first one before then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mystil
Nov 3, 2007, 07:53 PM
On 2007-11-03 11:05, Remedy wrote:
I assume that Golmaros aren't part of that, right? And they don't even knockdown, they just stagger you, which cancels Megiverse. =/

Don't need much for a fighter, but not sure for a force. 27% Te-senba nullifies flinching from them.

2802HP, 50% dark armor and the Deljabens can still flinch me with thier attacks. And doing only 27-55 damage. Same for the Bel Pannons Dammegid.

Libram
Nov 4, 2007, 12:01 AM
I'm going to say you may need to get down to maybe mid 20's in damage for that, but I haven't run through the S2 version. I'm also going to throw out the theory that the percentage an attack needs to make you flinch is decreased in higher mission difficulties. Of course it could also be that those attacks are given a higher knockback status. Those that had Knockback 0 (completely normal attack that causes flinch only through high enough damage) could have it upgraded to Knockback 1 (an attack that usually causes flinch no matter what amount of damage is done, similar to Rifle and Bow shots).

Of course, this is still speculation on my part, but it does explain some enemy behavior and the way my characters react at times.

Remedy
Nov 4, 2007, 07:22 AM
Possibly. It would be nice to get a hold of a 30+ Light Yamata to actually test it, though, but apparently no one has one for sale.

*points dejectedly at my B> topic over in Trading*

Edit: Well, there's Reggie's Cherry-esque trolling in there, but *shrug*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-11-04 04:25 ]</font>

Sychosis
Nov 4, 2007, 10:01 AM
A 30% Yamata isn't going to shave off 40 or so damage, so I wouldn't waste your time. If you still have a Me / Quick you should probably look for a 50% Hoza-senba instead. That with a Mega / Rainbow is known to reduce the damage enough to remove the flinch. If you feel like synthing, an ageha-senba should be cheap to mass produce.

Mystil
Nov 4, 2007, 10:11 AM
Three 50% Hoza-senbas are for sale too in the shops. 10mil each. Don't know if they been bought yet.

RemiusTA
Nov 4, 2007, 01:05 PM
Yeah, i believe some attacks always flinch you.

a bit more realistic, but a downer in some cases. Now you cant go to weaker missions and stand in front of the huge monsters laughing your maniacal ass off as you eat all their attacks standing still. Right before you shread them with your level 50 PA.