PDA

View Full Version : Japanese marketplace

susaru7
Nov 3, 2007, 12:02 PM
HI, can anyone tell me how i can download from the japanese marketplace, i want to get AOI from there.

Maelixius
Nov 3, 2007, 12:10 PM
It's not even out yet.

-Tidus_415-
Nov 3, 2007, 12:22 PM
I would guess try changing all of your system & GT settings to japanese?

DuRaL
Nov 3, 2007, 12:34 PM
make a new gamertag and select Japan as your homecountry

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DuRaL on 2007-11-03 10:35 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Nov 3, 2007, 12:39 PM
The japanese XBox version of AotI isn't coming out until the US version is.

susaru7
Nov 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
i know that much just was wondering and thank u guys very much.

Otis_Kat
Nov 3, 2007, 12:45 PM
On 2007-11-03 10:41, susaru7 wrote:

Well if you knew that why did you ask? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

susaru7
Nov 3, 2007, 03:41 PM
because i wanted to find out the setting i needed to put it on, to download from japanese marketplace. However i didnt know that i needed a separate gamertag ,by the way how many gamertags can 360 hold.

Otis_Kat
Nov 3, 2007, 04:02 PM
How much space do you have?

buzyb77
Nov 3, 2007, 04:07 PM

um they recenly ( a few months back) put the Banhammer down on the "downloading content from other areas" stuff due to the TV and Movie Marketplace...( too many people were getting movies/TV shows before they aired in their respective regions) so no they Ping/Poll you IP address to Se where in the world your located

Now from what I understand you would need a Dummy IP as well as JP MS points.

Otis_Kat
Nov 3, 2007, 04:08 PM
So why do you even want to download the Japanese version?

mizukage
Nov 3, 2007, 04:15 PM
On 2007-11-03 10:45, Otis_Kat wrote:

Well if you knew that why did you ask? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

McLaughlin
Nov 3, 2007, 04:27 PM
If they catch you using a Marketplace in a different region (UK players downloading from the NA Marketplace) they'll MAC Ban your Xbox 360. Also, it seems pointless to risk that to download the expansion in a different language when it launches the same day worldwide.

But to do it you'll need a Gamertag where the Region is set to Japanese.

EDIT: Because I know someone will be stupid enough: The UK/NA thing was an example. It applies to all regions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-11-03 14:30 ]</font>

-Tidus_415-
Nov 3, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-11-03 14:08, Otis_Kat wrote:
So why do you even want to download the Japanese version?

Some people want to be able to type in japanese. Good for character creation names and to be able to search japanase shops. The only way to get into one is to search by ad and hope that they have the english name of the item in it.

DuRaL
Nov 3, 2007, 04:49 PM
it may seem pointless for PSU AOI, but it isn't in general, since the japanese marketplace usually gets the better demos or gets them first, the US marketplace gets better TV shows (i think they even have Ghost in the Shell!?), while the EU marketplace gets.. well, nothing?
however, europeans actually have to pay more for XBox Live (microsoft doesn't understand that 20 euro is much more than 20 US$)

sorry, it's a bit off topic, but i'm a frustrated european 360-gamer ;P

EDIT: but to get back on topic: i'm uncertain if it really helps for typing japanese to get the game from the JP marketplace, because you still need your copy of the original PSU for playing..
but who knows..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DuRaL on 2007-11-03 14:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DuRaL on 2007-11-03 14:51 ]</font>

Midicronica
Nov 3, 2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah, the Japanese marketplace doesn't get half the demos the US Marketplace. I speak from experience. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif They're also not that good. The only demos that they've gotten before us that I can think of are: ChromeHounds, Armored Core, and Vampire Rain. Of course, there are Japanese game that we won't see for a long time. Like the Zegapain demos and Guilty Gear 2: Overture demo.

landman
Nov 3, 2007, 04:57 PM
They don't ban your xbox360 for accessing other marketplaces, I have accounts for every marketplace and I just can't access the American video marketplace because my console is European (I downloaded Tetris, Yaris and Aegis Wings and I'm not banned)

But about downloading AOI from the Japanese marketplace:

- What makes you think it will be compatible with your American/European game?
- What makes you think you will have it available in your account/gamertag if you downloaded it with a different gamertag?