PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Club quests, 360 keeps crashing

HedKandi
Nov 4, 2007, 07:06 AM
Hi, was wondering if you could give me advice on why my xbox keeps crashing during any of the events in the Club. It normally tends to happen when going from level to the other, the disk starts to load and then i can hear it "shut" down, the screen freezes and i have no other option but to reboot the xbox.

I know it isn't my 360 because it happens on both my normal and elite machine and it also only happens on PSU and no other game.

Has anybody seen this before? Any advice on why it's happening?

Thanks in advance
Danny....

Cerberus1981
Nov 4, 2007, 08:45 AM
Check your disc, it might need cleaning or you might have to buy a new one if its scratched.

I had the same problem a while back where any time I tried to go into my room I would get the exact same thing happen. My disc wasn't that bad (only a few tiny scrathes) but PSU struggles to load areas if the disc isn't perfect.

Eventually I had three discs and had to keep swapping back and forth to get to all the lobbies/areas in the game, I've since bought a new 360 and disc and my new Elite takes much better care of my discs.

I'm 90% certain that's your problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-11-04 05:46 ]</font>

BanF
Nov 4, 2007, 11:43 AM
It's the disc.

Go hunt around small movie rental services in your area, or places like Blockbuster or Gamestop. Someone will agree to resurface your disc for a small fee, and no need to buy it again. Mine got horribly mangled by the 360 the weekend before the Cup, and I got it resurfaced the next day. I also took the time to have my PSO disc fixed, and all for a paltry $2 for both discs.

Also, get one of those cleaning CDs that say work for the 360. Keeping the drive clean is as important as keeping the disc scratch-free.

HedKandi
Nov 4, 2007, 02:46 PM
Thank you guys, that was exactly the problem as i went out and bought a brand new copy (as it was cheap) and it works perfectly. My original disc has got a few hair scratches but nothing major, i will have this cleaned and keep it for spare http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks again
Danny

RevolutionXx
Nov 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
It may also have to do with your HDTV switch it to standard with 480p before you consider getting a new disc.