PDA

View Full Version : [B] blackbull question

jayster
Nov 4, 2007, 10:51 AM
I missed the first week of 1up so can anyone tell me where the blackbull will drop next week? Will it be moatoab or parum and is it from the boss boxes or ex boxes.

csmicbcklsh
Nov 4, 2007, 10:56 AM
The last set of EX boxes have chance to drop it. And that's on Parum...however the Moatoob boss boxes can drop the board for the Rattlesnake.

Urtri
Nov 4, 2007, 10:56 AM
its from Parum Extra (any version) end boxes on A

you can also find em however in Seed Awakened S, True Darkness S, Desert Goalith S and the oasis mission on S2 as box drops. Or (if you have a LOT of patiance) Grinna Betes S in Endrum Rements S2

Cerberus1981
Nov 4, 2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I've heard from 2 people that claim to have seen it drop from the Parum ex mission boxes but a quick search of player shops should tell you that it's not common.

I have the board just not the courage to try and synth it yet.

True Darkness S is probably your best bet to find it as you can run that mission in under ten minutes with a decent party and skipping some of the mobs. After the 1 up cup has finished I'll run that mission non stop with you if you like as I'm looking for a Dedda.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-11-04 09:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-11-04 09:39 ]</font>

Golto
Nov 4, 2007, 12:39 PM
I've also seen it in the drop list for the boss box of the current colony/hive mission.

Turambar
Nov 4, 2007, 12:44 PM
Its a drop for the Colony mission on B I think. Might be wrong though.

Hank
Nov 4, 2007, 02:51 PM
^no

RevolutionXx
Nov 4, 2007, 02:53 PM
I believe (if i a not mistaken) that the blackbull can also drop off the boss box on the HIVE mission?

RevolutionXx
Nov 4, 2007, 02:53 PM
I believe (if i am not mistaken) that the blackbull can also drop off the boss box on the HIVE mission?

Tetsaru
Nov 5, 2007, 03:40 AM
Man, i want one of these rifles SO BAD... I know they're rare and everything, but... why does no one want to trade one to me?? I put a link to my trading thread in my sig for a reason, and all I ever see are my own posts accumulating every time I update the thing. Does my loot just suck that bad!? I'm sick of people always turning me down... >X(

Hank
Nov 5, 2007, 03:44 AM
On 2007-11-05 00:40, Tetsaru wrote:
Man, i want one of these rifles SO BAD... I know they're rare and everything, but... why does no one want to trade one to me?? I put a link to my trading thread in my sig for a reason, and all I ever see are my own posts accumulating every time I update the thing. Does my loot just suck that bad!? I'm sick of people always turning me down... >X(

I just looked at your trade list and all of the stuff on that list isn't worth one blackbull.

Tetsaru
Nov 5, 2007, 03:58 AM
On 2007-11-05 00:44, Hank wrote:
I just looked at your trade list and all of the stuff on that list isn't worth one blackbull.

Well fuck you too then. That makes me feel a LOT better...

I mean, practically all the 10* weapons like the Ragnus, Mugunruk, etc., are so easy to find and trade for now, thanks to the Cup... why the fuck isn't THIS weapon the same!? Hell, a Phantom +10 should be more valuable since it's stronger...

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 04:03 AM
Because [B] Blackbull does not drop from a common enemy during the EX missions. Ragnus does.

Mugunruk isn't easy to find/trade for, either, you know, since very few people did/do the EX mission with the Nadds.

Tetsaru
Nov 5, 2007, 04:19 AM
*sigh*... I don't see why gun weapons have to be so much harder to find than all these stupid sabers and shit...

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 04:20 AM
Because Sega Team hates Rangers almost as much as they hate Forces?

Edit: And look on the bright side - at least you got a free S-rank weapon during 1UP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-11-05 01:21 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 5, 2007, 04:22 AM
BlackBull is dropped as a Boss Box as far as I know, which is why it isn't common. However, I CAN vouch that you'd have an easier and much faster time farming it in True Darkness S2 (considering my party found 3 BlackBull boards in 2 days of farming), than you would any of the other regular missions.

In the bonus missions, I never knew which one gave BlackBull, but now that I know, I might have to go to a planet (in term bonus missions, of course) I don't really like visiting if I want to try my luck with 1-Up's drop rates.

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 04:24 AM
As far as I know and can remember, [B] Blackbull is from either Fakis's boss boxes on Elements of Unrest A or from the end boxes of Parum EX A.

But I could be wrong on that. *shrug*

-Ryuki-
Nov 5, 2007, 04:27 AM
Aren't the boss boxes in the bonus missions the same in the other bonus missions?

As in, A's Boss boxes = B and C's Boss boxes?

If they're not, then this is all news to me.

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 04:32 AM
Negative, it's lower ranked stuff on B and C. I think that De Ragnus was bugged and all his boxes dropped C-rank stuff even on B and A, but all the other bosses work just fine.

Tetsaru
Nov 5, 2007, 04:33 AM
The only place I haven't looked for this weapon is the last story mode mission, where the Grinna Bete S's drop it, supposedly. No one ever wanted to go to Moatoob to help me (save a few friends, and we never found anything), and I have yet to get far enough into the Parum EX mission for the last set of boxes to drop. My closest friend on PSU actually got one from the Dulk Fakis co-op mission that was popular before the Cup started, but he won't trade it to me despite the fact that he hates rifles... As of right now, no one wants to trade with me, since apparently my loot is worthless... >_>

-Ryuki-
Nov 5, 2007, 04:34 AM
On 2007-11-05 01:32, Remedy wrote:
Negative, it's lower ranked stuff on B and C. I think that De Ragnus was bugged and all his boxes dropped C-rank stuff even on B and A, but all the other bosses work just fine.

No no, I don't mean ranks, I meant the varients. As in, 1, 2, or 3. My mistake on the misunderstanding.

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 04:35 AM
Oh, heavens, no, they all have the same stuff in the end boxes on 1, 2, and 3. That's why having three FTs go with you out to Parum EX 2 is probably the best way to hunt Blackbull.

Gidiga spam! <3

-Ryuki-
Nov 5, 2007, 04:41 AM
I always thought NosDiga rocked the boat, considering it homes in.

..And because Gravity influenced me to use it <.< >.>

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 04:45 AM
I don't even HAVE Nosdiga yet.

Like I said, Gidiga is awesome. Four FTs that have Gidiga 25+ and are 80+ can clear Parum EX with ease. Hell, I got to 79 mobs with a group of FTs during the first week, and that was when I was 72 and we had one FT whose Gidiga was only 13. I bet, if I could find three other FTs to go with me, we'd eat Parum EX 2 alive.

I'd honestly rather farm Moatoob EX 1, though, for Orpad/Legs. sweet heavenly nummy EVP *drools* Once they increase the level cap to 120 for us and I hit 111/15, I'll be able to use a Rabol Lefba, and holy god would I be untouchable with a Lefba and Orpad/Legs. Just Countered Gi- techs ftmfw.

-Ryuki-
Nov 5, 2007, 04:47 AM
Well, my Techer's GiDiga is lvl 16, which I'm pretty damn sure isn't enough to do damage in Parum EX. Her NosDiga's 28 though, so maybe a team of Techers, GiDiga and NosDiga-ers? =P

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 04:51 AM
Might work. *shrug* Nosudiga just seems too slow for my tastes. I'll be getting it to slowly replace Diga for single-target damage, but I really don't ever foresee using it heavily. I don't like it. (I don't like Diga, for that matter, either)

Hank
Nov 5, 2007, 04:52 AM
I know this is off topic but does anyone know how many Gol Dolvas spawn in Parum EX3? My brother really wants a sweet death for his Fig.

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 04:53 AM
Gol Dovas are the large, primary enemy of EX 3, right? I'd assume they spawn as often as Jarbas in EX 1 and Polavohras in EX 2.

Now, in that vein, what's the supplemental mob in EX 3? Badira?

-Ryuki-
Nov 5, 2007, 05:06 AM
It's probably Koltolva or Distova, in which wouldn't drop anything neat? But even then, that's probably off, and Badira may be the correct one. I don't know, yet.

AerisZeal
Nov 5, 2007, 05:38 AM
IIRC, the supplemental mob in EX 3 is Go Vahra.

Actually I just looked in the middle of posting this, so yea, it's Go Vahra.
http://psupedia.info/1Up_Platinum_Cup
(Yay... more Ragnus'...)

Gen2000
Nov 5, 2007, 08:31 AM
If you can't get a solid party to spam completed EX Parum missions a lot then TD S seems the best bet for BB if you have a high level fG or fF.

I tried the Desert Goliath S and the Endrum S2 Gold Grinna Beat method but got my Blackbull from a randoms game during TD S spam leveling my alt back when it was the hotspot. Most of the other people I know who got one got it from TD S as well.

In theory Endrum S2 is probably the better since there is 6 chances at one if yo do get the Gold Grinna Beat spawn but solo'ing for S2 rare maps is way too time consuming compared to a TD S run and chances of you getting 3+ people to help you sort through Endrum S2 maps quickly is slim.

You just better off getting high level Rising Shot/Duranga or light spear + Majarra and just doing 10-15min runs of TD S for one.

Cerberus1981
Nov 5, 2007, 08:36 AM
On 2007-11-05 00:40, Tetsaru wrote:
Man, i want one of these rifles SO BAD... I know they're rare and everything, but... why does no one want to trade one to me??

As a Cast gunner the only other items I would consider trading my [b]Blackbull for would be a [b]Gur Asted, [b]Needle Cannon or [b]Shigga Baret and I'd probably have to throw in at least 10 million too.

All the other S ranks I can actually use can either be found or bought fairly cheaply.