PDA

View Full Version : Difference between PSU offline and online?

dragonus181
Nov 4, 2007, 09:49 PM
I just can't afford online now (WoW, FFXI, LOTRo) and I want to play this game really badly. Whats the difference between offline and online? Can you still customize your character fully like in online, chose your race and class, go to all 3 planets and the guardian station, are all the weapons from the online in the offline, do you still have the MY ROOM feature, all the same enemies and bosses? I have searched everywhere on google for this but I cant find anything, so can someone please answer my questions?

Chuck_Norris
Nov 4, 2007, 09:51 PM
Online=Good,
Offline=Bad.

Dragwind
Nov 4, 2007, 09:53 PM
Much, much different. Online is a world in itself. Stats are completely different. Character customization- yes. Chose race and class- yes. Go to all 3 planets, guardians colony- yes.

As far as weapons from offline, MOST of everything offline is unlocked, with TONS more stuff coming in AoI.

Myroom feature- yes.

Same enemies and bosses, yes with more I believe.

Hope that helped, somewhat at least.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 4, 2007, 09:55 PM
lol, it's not that simple, so I'll tell you what the differences are the way I see it:

offline - story mode (episode 1), extra mode, and more money in general, cheaper weps, and a generally easier time
online - story (episode 2), your own character, and it's harder to make it at first, but there's A LOT more to do, not to mention all the people you can interact with, good and bad

Zantra
Nov 5, 2007, 02:08 AM
On 2007-11-04 18:51, chuck_norris wrote:
Online=Good,
Offline=Bad.

mizukage
Nov 5, 2007, 02:48 AM
Offline has a lack of content, while online is everything!
Actually, I don't play online.. I love extra mode and story mode!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

LightBreaker
Nov 5, 2007, 03:08 AM
Cancel LOTRo and also FFXI. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif You will thank me later, trust me. PSU= a lot less of a grind fest than both those two games.

Raine_Loire
Nov 5, 2007, 04:49 AM
I would never choose WOW over PSU! Anyway, no one really explained it so that someone who hasn't played it could understand.

In online you make a character, and level, there are 4 planets you can fight in (well, 3 and GC) and all the stuff you mentioned.

However there are 2 offline modes, there's story mode, in which you play as one character in a linear story line. The planets are there, but you have to be "allowed" to go there. When you complete story mode up to a point (chapter 3?) they unlock extra mode, where you play a simulated online mode, with the same character customization, but you can only play planets you have unlocked in story mode. Neither story or extra mode come close to touching online mode, even with better exp and meseta and item drops. I'm not sure why, I rarely play with other people (I'm shy, lol) but I still can't play offline mode for more than a few hours without switching over to online. PSU is like crack for me. I hate it sometimes, I b**** about it all the time, I say I'm going to quit, but the minute I'm off it, I'm thinking about it again, thinking about getting back on. Sonic team, you're a bunch of dealers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-11-05 01:50 ]</font>

dragonus181
Nov 5, 2007, 07:25 AM
Ok..so, you are saying that extra mode is like a dumbed down sim of online? If is dumed down, thats ok. Ok, I think I might play this online, buy I have been playing FFXI since it came out...I don't want to leave my TaruTaru to be deleted...=(...FORGET YOU LOTRO I JUST FIGURED OUT YOU SUCK!!!

BaconZero
Nov 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
On 2007-11-05 04:25, dragonus181 wrote:
Ok..so, you are saying that extra mode is like a dumbed down sim of online?

Offline is like 1/6 of the actual online experience. o_O

mizukage
Nov 5, 2007, 01:25 PM
On 2007-11-05 01:49, Raine_Loire wrote:
I would never choose WOW over PSU! Anyway, no one really explained it so that someone who hasn't played it could understand.

In online you make a character, and level, there are 4 planets you can fight in (well, 3 and GC) and all the stuff you mentioned.

However there are 2 offline modes, there's story mode, in which you play as one character in a linear story line. The planets are there, but you have to be "allowed" to go there. When you complete story mode up to a point (chapter 3?) they unlock extra mode, where you play a simulated online mode, with the same character customization, but you can only play planets you have unlocked in story mode. Neither story or extra mode come close to touching online mode, even with better exp and meseta and item drops. I'm not sure why, I rarely play with other people (I'm shy, lol) but I still can't play offline mode for more than a few hours without switching over to online. PSU is like crack for me. I hate it sometimes, I b**** about it all the time, I say I'm going to quit, but the minute I'm off it, I'm thinking about it again, thinking about getting back on. Sonic team, you're a bunch of dealers.

In AOI, Episode 2 offline is actually the merging of PSU's story mode and extra mode. That's just like the merging of Universe 1 and Universe 2 in the online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

dragonus181
Nov 5, 2007, 07:45 PM
Offline sounds good enough for me. I need a little more info on the monthly fees, though. So, is it $9.99 USD plus XBL gold (Since I have an HDTV I'd rather sit on a soft couch with a wireless controller than have a tiny pc screen with a keyboard...), which is $4.50 USD and month? Or is it just $5 USD for the monthly fee plus about $5 for XBL gold? Either way, sega and sonic team shot themselve in their damn head by making you have to pay for XBL plus monthly fees....
Also, let me get this straight. Will AOI bring along all the features of the online mode into the offline mode for the whole game, and will it just do it for itself? And is it on Ragol again..damn, I hate that place...?

Syl
Nov 5, 2007, 07:58 PM
You don't need Live Gold, you can play PSU with a Silver Xbox Live account.

Here's the thing though, if you're going for offline mode for 360, you're going to need the first PSU game and then download AoI via Marketplace. Thing is though, it won't come with an offline mode.

dragonus181
Nov 5, 2007, 08:03 PM
Oh, and can you synth in offline mode? It sounds cool to me. Also, any crafting skills for this game?

dragonus181
Nov 5, 2007, 08:03 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragonus181 on 2007-11-06 03:19 ]</font>

Syl
Nov 5, 2007, 08:20 PM
No crafting jobs (like alchemist, jewel crafter, etc.). That's pretty much basically broken down by your pm (Range, Tech, Armor, and Strike). But yes, you can synth offline.