PDA

View Full Version : AOTI: NPC Value

Phetty
Nov 5, 2007, 01:59 AM
I remember reading that NPC's pay more for weapons now. Can anybody on the JP servers tell me how much they sell to an NPC for now?

mizukage
Nov 5, 2007, 02:48 AM
Sell what?

Zorafim
Nov 5, 2007, 02:51 AM
They, duh. No offense, but are you stupid or something?

I'm sorry, I've heard that idiotic statement so many times I had to make fun of it. Anyway, I think I heard something along the lines of, 75% of their worth instead of 5%? Was it 50%? 25%?

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 02:55 AM
Thought it was 25% instead of the current 5%. Don't quote me on that.

Zoamel_Gustav
Nov 5, 2007, 03:59 AM
On 2007-11-04 22:59, Phetty wrote:
I remember reading that NPC's pay more for weapons now. Can anybody on the JP servers tell me how much they sell to an NPC for now?

The current version has a weapon reselling rate of 15%.

http://psupedia.info/Meseta#Item_Meseta_values

AotI has a weapon reselling rate of 20%, I believe.

Reipard
Nov 5, 2007, 09:07 AM
You actually get a pretty decent amount for B-rank or over weapons at the moment. Sure, you could sell them for relatively close to their sale value in your shop, but nobody'd buy them (I'm talking 8* or lower).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-11-05 06:08 ]</font>

Kinako78
Nov 5, 2007, 09:48 AM
Why not? For lower level players, said B-rank weapons would sell for less then they do in NPC shops and, depending on the player that owns the shop, the weapon may even have an elemental %.

Reipard
Nov 5, 2007, 09:54 AM
Why not? For lower level players, said B-rank weapons would sell for less then they do in NPC shops and, depending on the player that owns the shop, the weapon may even have an elemental %.

From my experience, it just doesn't work out that way. You put up C and B rank weapons/armor and it is rare that they will sell unless they're something like a Florescent Bulb or Del Jagnus. I've had a large number of grinded C and B ranks going at a positive steal for a long time and nothing.

I think it's simply because nobody really pays that much attention to the effectiveness of their equipment until they can use A ranks and up. There really isn't that much of a reason to.

Also, I'm talking about weapon drops. Those are fairly unlikely to have a % worth talking about if they have one at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-11-05 06:55 ]</font>

Kinako78
Nov 5, 2007, 10:08 AM
That's a shame, cause I would sell mine. Maybe it'll change in AoI, where the search function will be improved.

amtalx
Nov 5, 2007, 10:16 AM
On 2007-11-05 06:54, Reipard wrote:

From my experience, it just doesn't work out that way. You put up C and B rank weapons/armor and it is rare that they will sell unless they're something like a Florescent Bulb or Del Jagnus. I've had a large number of grinded C and B ranks going at a positive steal for a long time and nothing.

I think it's simply because nobody really pays that much attention to the effectiveness of their equipment until they can use A ranks and up. There really isn't that much of a reason to.

Also, I'm talking about weapon drops. Those are fairly unlikely to have a % worth talking about if they have one at all.

Are you on 360 or PC/PS2? I'm on 360 and I can barely keep up with the demand for B and C ranks.

Kinako78
Nov 5, 2007, 11:48 AM
Probably PC/PS2. I know I have trouble selling B and C ranks.

Reipard
Nov 5, 2007, 02:38 PM
I am indeed on PC/PS2. I assume the heavier load of players on 360 would indeed affect your experience selling these things.

ThEoRy
Nov 5, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-11-04 23:48, mizukage wrote:
Sell what?

uhh he did say weapons, no?

Zoamel_Gustav
Nov 5, 2007, 03:47 PM
I kinda figured 15% (three twentieths) was an odd percentage.

This is mostly true, but is fixed by good advertising. There are a lot of good deals not happening because people don't look for them. There are people looking for C and B rank weapons/armor. They just need encouragement to enter certain shops. The new shop search can help here too.

I think I hear something about weapons dropping with random percents.

Zoamel_Gustav
Nov 5, 2007, 03:52 PM
I kinda figured 15% (three twentieths) was an odd percentage.

This is mostly true, but is fixed by good advertising. There are a lot of good deals not happening because people don't look for them. There are people looking for C and B rank weapons/armor. They just need encouragement to enter certain shops. The new shop search can help here too.

I think I hear something about weapons dropping with random percents.