PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360: Ambition of the Illuminus - No Offline Story Mode?

ghost_zero
Nov 5, 2007, 10:34 AM
Regarding to the latest (Friday, October 26 @ 06:02 PDT) news (posted on this site) I guess the XBox 360 Version won't have an offline story mode, will it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghost_zero on 2007-11-05 07:35 ]</font>

Zorak000
Nov 5, 2007, 10:35 AM
nope

ghost_zero
Nov 5, 2007, 10:36 AM
Would there be any problem if you have the XBox 360 normal version but buy the AoI PC version e.g. or would I have some restrictions then?
Btw. why not?

Shishi-O
Nov 5, 2007, 10:38 AM
I was actually wondering about that myself..I just assumed they wouldn't do anything that stupid.

JAFO22000
Nov 5, 2007, 10:46 AM
They probably didn't include it as the size of the download would've been a lot larger with all of the cutscenes from the story mode added.

BaconZero
Nov 5, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-11-05 07:46, JAFO22000 wrote:
They probably didn't include it as the size of the download would've been a lot larger with all of the cutscenes from the story mode added.

thats probably the case, cuz most dont own a 120gb hard drive...and then there are those that buy the movies and the expansion levels for other games too. And considering the size of the PC version (9gbs), that would really kill all the space on the hard drive itself. and if you still play Final Fantasy XI, then dont even thing about it for cutscenes for offline, lmao.

omegapirate2k
Nov 5, 2007, 11:59 AM
On 2007-11-05 07:46, JAFO22000 wrote:

Indeed, and I'm good paying only 20 bucks for it.

And with any luck, we should get the content from AoI offline mode added onto our extra mode.

Even if that doesn't happen, I honestly wouldn't care that much anyway.

New_One
Nov 5, 2007, 12:09 PM
oh well, the only reason i'd want the story mode is too hear what Laia sounds like. Other than that...i've done all the missions online anyways

JAFO22000
Nov 5, 2007, 12:28 PM
On 2007-11-05 09:09, New_One wrote:
oh well, the only reason i'd want the story mode is too hear what Laia sounds like. Other than that...i've done all the missions online anyways

I would assume you will hear her voice at the end of each mission you invite her in, much like you hear Leo/Tonnio/Lou and all the rest of the characters for which they had real voice actors. I'm not sure if this is confirmed or not, but I'm sure someone on the JP version could verify if this is true.

Anyway, if you REALLY want to play the offline version, just get the PC or PS2 version of the expansion...in a couple of months they should be pretty cheap.

Hyda
Nov 5, 2007, 12:45 PM
I would think they will do something to compensate for the no offline story for the 360. Besides its not like you can't just find a friend who has the PC or PS2 verisons of the game and play the story mode that way.

Schubalts
Nov 5, 2007, 12:49 PM
The compensation is only paying $20 for it.

omegapirate2k
Nov 5, 2007, 12:57 PM
I'm sure somebody will upload the US versions of the cinematics to youtube or something.

JAFO22000
Nov 5, 2007, 01:01 PM
On 2007-11-05 09:49, Schubalts wrote:
The compensation is only paying $20 for it.

Word.

mizukage
Nov 5, 2007, 01:11 PM
Not sure if I should say this, but... The 360 version only costs $20, which is 50% cheaper. With that $20 compensation, all you got to add is another $60 for a refurbished ps2, then buy the AOI version for it. The total comes up to $100, but you will get Episode 2 offline with the new voiced cutscenes. I guess this isn't a good idea, but... Its an option!

Kuruda
Nov 5, 2007, 01:36 PM
Could also be part of the normal 360 3rd party developer strategy of not including content so they can charge you again later for it as a seperate download. I'm sure if there was enough demand you would see the offline story mode up on marketplace at some point for another 20 bucks.

Anduril
Nov 5, 2007, 01:46 PM
On 2007-11-05 10:36, Kuruda wrote:
Could also be part of the normal 360 3rd party developer strategy of not including content so they can charge you again later for it as a seperate download. I'm sure if there was enough demand you would see the offline story mode up on marketplace at some point for another 20 bucks.

Which I don't think is such a bad thing. Some people may want only the offline portion anyway if they can't pay the monthly fee. Plus it gives us a btter choice. I'm crossing my fingers that it may happen sometime in the near future.

JAFO22000
Nov 5, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-11-05 10:36, Kuruda wrote:
Could also be part of the normal 360 3rd party developer strategy of not including content so they can charge you again later for it as a seperate download.

This strategy only works if it's for content that people actually want. If money is what they were looking for, they would've just charged us $40 for both offline and online and made more money. The one time purchase of the game is NOT where they make the majority of their profit. The profit for this game is from the monthly fee. Hell, they could've put the expansion up as a free download and still made money off of it....

D1ABOLIK
Nov 5, 2007, 02:22 PM
Thats so stupid.If it doesnt include offline im not gonna buy it.

________
Subaru Impreza Wrx Wrp10 (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Subaru_Impreza_WRX_WRP10)

Reipard
Nov 5, 2007, 02:27 PM
There is no such strategy. If you've played the online story mode for current PSU, you've already played the offline mode for AOI. And Episode 2 will still be available online in AOI, so ultimately the content will be the same except more in time.

Anduril
Nov 5, 2007, 02:30 PM
On 2007-11-05 11:27, Reipard wrote:
There is no such strategy. If you've played the online story mode for current PSU, you've already played the offline mode for AOI. And Episode 2 will still be available online in AOI, so ultimately the content will be the same except more in time.

I may not speak for others, but for me the main issue is the fact that we can't experience episode 2 with the voice acting and cut-scenes. I want to be able to see the colony dropping in a full cg moment, not the utterly crappy way it is currently shown in the online story.

D1ABOLIK
Nov 5, 2007, 02:33 PM
On 2007-11-05 11:27, Reipard wrote:

I canceled my guardians license and im not gettin it back.So if its not available offline it wouldnt be available to me at all.I was hopin for something new to add to the experience but i guess not.Its just not worth ten bucks a month for the online play.I cant play for more than 30 minutes cause it gets so boring.

________
Juggalos (http://juggalos.org/)

Reipard
Nov 5, 2007, 02:34 PM
Good for you. Then find something to play that you enjoy in the first place.

D1ABOLIK
Nov 5, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-11-05 11:34, Reipard wrote:
Good for you. Then find something to play that you enjoy in the first place.

PSO isnt backwards compatible.

________
Grief Or Loss Advice (http://www.health-forums.org/grief-loss/)

Reipard
Nov 5, 2007, 02:40 PM
Is there some way you're looking for me to react to this? Because there's no way I can think of to. You don't care for PSU, you closed your account. Great! I hope you find something else to enjoy.

Help me out here O_o.

D1ABOLIK
Nov 5, 2007, 02:46 PM
Im not looking for a reaction.It just dissapoints me cause the offline portion is what i was going to buy it for.To expand the story with cutscenes and more atmosphere but the online ep. 2 missions have none of those.Just sucks cause now i wont be buying the expansion and i was looking forward to it till now.

________
R171 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_R171)

BanF
Nov 5, 2007, 03:06 PM
Having spent all of two minutes in offline mode, I can't say I give a fig about not getting ep 2. Even if we got it, chances are I'd never touch it. So just give me the online stuff, kthxbie.

ThEoRy
Nov 5, 2007, 03:10 PM
lol you were going to buy it for the offline content on purpose? lol

and to the OP's question of "Would there be any problem if you have the XBox 360 normal version but buy the AoI PC version e.g. or would I have some restrictions then?
Btw. why not?"

Because they are on different systems with different servers. X360 character data is stored seperately from pc/ps2. So other than starting over from scratch you're just gonna have to deal with not being able to pay the 20$ extra for game content that you've already played and paid for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I think I'll manage.

Shishi-O
Nov 5, 2007, 03:39 PM
now after hearing the gripe, I admit I would have preffered the whole shebang, but all I do is play online, hunt rares, units, armour.

I enjoyed on disk episode 1., but if episode 2. Is online story mode, then I won't miss it.

I am way more excited about the actual alliminus online gameplay.

Truth be told however from what I have seen, it looks like a completely different story

Shishi-O
Nov 5, 2007, 04:00 PM
now after hearing the gripe, I admit I would have preffered the whole shebang, but all I do is play online, hunt rares, units, armour.

I enjoyed on disk episode 1., but if episode 2. Is online story mode, then I won't miss it.

Truth be told however from what I have seen, it looks like a completely different story

Shishi-O
Nov 5, 2007, 04:02 PM

McLaughlin
Nov 5, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-11-05 12:06, BanF wrote:
Having spent all of two minutes in offline mode, I can't say I give a fig about not getting ep 2. Even if we got it, chances are I'd never touch it. So just give me the online stuff, kthxbie.

Common sense be here.

ThEoRy
Nov 5, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-11-05 14:05, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2007-11-05 12:06, BanF wrote:

Common sense be here.

you forgot to say ,"Arrrgh!"
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reipard
Nov 5, 2007, 05:29 PM
Im not looking for a reaction.It just dissapoints me cause the offline portion is what i was going to buy it for.To expand the story with cutscenes and more atmosphere but the online ep. 2 missions have none of those.Just sucks cause now i wont be buying the expansion and i was looking forward to it till now.

Chances are the offline episode 2 missions wouldn't have done it for you to begin with then. VA and CG aside, they are pretty much the same as they are online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-11-05 14:29 ]</font>