PDA

View Full Version : Becareful Trading

milka
Nov 5, 2007, 10:57 AM
This is just a warning..

There's alot of bad ppl asking for trade and a second before confirming the trade the bad user change or take the Item off.. so he can have your stuff for free.

Tips:
- Usually ask too much for the Item.. Ex: Your Uransara for His 70M.
- Usually ask too low for the Item.. Ex: His Uransara for Your 2M.

Help us to clean the servers and send their nick and id to ST...

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: milka on 2007-11-05 08:02 ]</font>

Arcturus
Nov 5, 2007, 11:25 AM
I don't even think about buying or selling anything from anyone, other than from their PM. That's good advice to follow for everyone.

elshagan
Nov 5, 2007, 12:22 PM
i usually wait for the other party to confirm before i confirm the trade (i'm almost sure i'll get this question sooner or later and NO i ain't a scammer) but still a week ago some rich as ppl wanted to buy my crea's from me (since my main can't use em neither can my alt) my price was 350K each so they offered me 900k instead but when i was at the confirm sign the changed it to 90K since there offer changed so did the item so instead of a 350K A rank crea double they got an A rank ank tohmo and guess if they got pissed they started to spam me with mails so i just told em "i ain't selling my crea bouble for 90k so if ya want it now it's 700k since ya tried to scam me oh btw if you try it again i'll report ya to sega for attempts of hacking since not even a veteran can have 9999mil so think twice next time bitch" but still i reported him and he got banned not long ago i think he got banned last thursday... but still 700k for a crea double that ain't too bad since i was broke:P

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 12:24 PM
Confirming isn't even the point you need to be scared of, it's Finalizing. *shrug*

Constant vigilance, I guess.

Tekershee
Nov 5, 2007, 12:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJhfJSv55NI

Check my video there to see it in action o.o

l_Will_l
Nov 5, 2007, 12:29 PM
yeah ive had lots of ppl mail me recently about watching out to not get scammed. its not like they hacking or glitching. All they are doing is taking advantage of ppls carelessness and how they dont pay attention. if the trade aint worth ur attention, then why are you trading?

RedCoKid
Nov 5, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-11-05 09:29, Tekershee wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJhfJSv55NI

Check my video there to see it in action o.o

I remember that! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif So funny... He mailed me asking for my units, too.

omegapirate2k
Nov 5, 2007, 12:45 PM
Simple solution, just use player shops if the trade is for a singular item for meseta, that can be done easily.

It can work for multiple items too :/

That way you have nothing to worry about.

SolomonGrundy
Nov 5, 2007, 01:05 PM
On 2007-11-05 09:45, omegapirate2k wrote:
Simple solution, just use player shops if the trade is for a singular item for meseta, that can be done easily.

most trades aren't though. what they need is a way to 'undo' a trade after the items are exchanged if either party is unhappy

JAFO22000
Nov 5, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-11-05 10:05, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-11-05 09:45, omegapirate2k wrote:

most trades aren't though. what they need is a way to 'undo' a trade after the items are exchanged if either party is unhappy

??? All sales are FINAL! They shouldn't have an "undo" option. They added the "confirm" and "finalize" option to prevent scamming yet people are either too dumb or too anxious to actually verify the items.

It is unfortunate that people get scammed, but it's their own fault. And EVERYTIME someone responds to those stupid spammers in Universe 1 and 2 and buys something from them, you're only adding to their ability to scam; read: If people didn't respond to the spammers, they would stop spamming!

Example: First day of 1up Cup, I was in a PuG and there was someone in the lobby spamming that they had the haloween decoration for sale - 10K! One guy in our party was saying how he wanted that deco and was going to buy it, blah, blah, blah. Not only did I say that the rappies were appearing quite often in these missions and he would probably find one eventually, but I also warned him that people were buying the room redecoration tickets and selling them for profit to unsuspecting victims. He did not heed my warnings, said something about how he'd spend his money how he wanted to, etc. Anyway, he bought the item from the spammer for 10K, then said "Oh man, it IS the redecoration ticket and not the room dec....". I then said a "I told you so!" comment, to which he replied: "Yeah, but it was only 10K...drop in the bucket for me.". I then went on a rant to this guy about how he is what is wrong, not the spammer and that it's stupid asses like him who partake in uncareful trades that fuels these asswipes to keep doing them". I got kicked from that party and probably blacklisted, so....

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, caveat emptor.