PDA

View Full Version : One more change to the grinding system I'd like!

Helly
Nov 5, 2007, 05:14 PM
Let us choose what we want to grind!

Grind for PP
Grind for Attack
Grind for Both (as we have now)

Since weapons can't break now something like this would be useful. If you're grinding for an individual stat the success rate would be better than if you were trying for both. Of course the max total grind would still be to +10 or less with failed grinds.

Since it would help personalize your weapons the people who complain about unique this, unique that would probably like this idea... maybe?

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 05:15 PM
That would be godly. I would love a +10 for PP Granarodoc for buffing/debuffing.

Rizen
Nov 5, 2007, 05:16 PM
Not a bad idea. I wouldn't mind something like this.

Remember though that in AoI, if you fail, you lose one from Max (Ex. 0/10 will become 0/9).

Anduril
Nov 5, 2007, 05:21 PM
That is actually a great idea. I know there are quite a few weapons I would like to do that with, like Yohmei Rifles for more ATP, and Tenora Swords for more PP.

Lastat27
Nov 5, 2007, 05:29 PM
A question about the new grinding system:

Let's say I want to grind a 10 ATP weapon.
I successfully grind this weapon 5 times and the ATP is now 15.
Then I try for grind 6 but fail.

Does the weapon's ATP revert back to 10 after I fail?
Or does the weapon stay at 15 ATP and just lose 1/10 grinding chances.

Anduril
Nov 5, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-11-05 14:29, Lastat27 wrote:
A question about the new grinding system:

Let's say I want to grind a 10 ATP weapon.
I successfully grind this weapon 5 times and the ATP is now 15.
Then I try for grind 6 but fail.

Does the weapon's ATP revert back to 10 after I fail?
Or does the weapon stay at 15 ATP and just lose 1/10 grinding chances.

Falls back to 10ATP, how I understand it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-11-05 14:42 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 5, 2007, 05:32 PM
If you are 5/10 and you fail 5->6, your weapon will go back to 0 and you will lose 1 max grind potential. It would then be 0/9. If you were to go to 5/9 and fail again, it will be 0/8 and so on.

SolomonGrundy
Nov 5, 2007, 06:48 PM
I want to be able to grind for ATA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

buzyb77
Nov 5, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-11-05 14:32, Rizen wrote:
If you are 5/10 and you fail 5->6, your weapon will go back to 0 and you will lose 1 max grind potential. It would then be 0/9. If you were to go to 5/9 and fail again, it will be 0/8 and so on.

Oh Sweet...its better than I thought!!!!!!!!!!!!

buzyb77
Nov 5, 2007, 06:56 PM
OH!! How did the Weapon Convergance/changerover happen in AOI Grind update came...with the weapons... in other words... if a weapon has 2 grinds already

then world it be 2/10...

or would it Zero out or..

or would that weapon..jus be SOL for the for attempts to grind.

Noblewine
Nov 5, 2007, 07:04 PM
On 2007-11-05 14:14, Helly wrote:

Grind for PP
Grind for Attack

Since weapons can't break now something like this would be useful. If you're grinding for an individual stat the success rate would be better than if you were trying for both. Of course the max total grind would still be to +10 or less with failed grinds.

Since it would help personalize your weapons the people who complain about unique this, unique that would probably like this idea... maybe?

That would be neat though I haven't really been reading about the updates in AOI. What exactly are they tweaking for the gride system in the expansion?

mizukage
Nov 5, 2007, 07:16 PM
On 2007-11-05 14:14, Helly wrote:

Grind for PP
Grind for Attack

Your idea is awesome, but I doubt it will ever happen. In fact, if the grinding system is like PSO, it would be even better!

Chaobo99
Nov 5, 2007, 07:36 PM
Maybe they should have like a super grind that's very risky..If you fail,your weapon blows up but if it were to succeed then it would grind verry nicely