PDA

View Full Version : Easy question for all you 360 players.....

l_Will_l
Nov 5, 2007, 11:59 PM
I know theres one nice 360 player out there that can help me out without telling me to use search. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif but i got a wireless gaming reciever for windows to use my 360 controller on my pc since i play psu on pc. and i was wondering what the controller layout is. ie what button does what. cause ive been trying to set it the same way more or less as the ps2 controller setup but the trigger buttons dont seem to work cause they are an axis. i cant figure out what to do here. lol id really like to use my 360 controllers cause i barely get use out of my 360 because of psu

buzyb77
Nov 6, 2007, 12:01 AM
Someone Scan the Manual button layout for him...

l_Will_l
Nov 6, 2007, 12:02 AM
or even if someone knows a link to it already? is it on psow at all? im gunna go look now...

Bman40
Nov 6, 2007, 12:06 AM
X=attack
b=pallet menu
a=use switches
rb=second weapon
lb=lock on
right stick click= first person view
back button= keyboard
start button= menu

l_Will_l
Nov 6, 2007, 12:13 AM
hmm... what do the LT and RT do?

l_Will_l
Nov 6, 2007, 12:14 AM
also, is Y melee pa attack? or like the top attack on a wand or rod?

Sychosis
Nov 6, 2007, 12:15 AM
Right trigger brings up the chat log
Left stick click cycles through user name/Level/ID#

And yeah, Y is the top attack on a rod/wand.

l_Will_l
Nov 6, 2007, 12:19 AM
and then im assuming that left trigger goes to ur consumable side pallet and scrolls down while the LB scrolls up? if so thats pretty much same ps2 layout. but for some reason when i go into the gamepad settings in options from the psu main menu, when i goto set those specific commands onto those buttons. they dont register because they are on an axis when u goto the control pad settings in control panel. has anyone gotten this to work with vista?

Coxy
Nov 6, 2007, 12:22 AM
no, left trigger is used to access the little messages that appear at the bottom of the screen like mails, mission info/rewards etc, B goes into weapon cycling and items at the same time, use the d pad to switch up and down or left and right between columns

Sychosis
Nov 6, 2007, 12:22 AM
You're going to need to get a hold of the XBCD drivers. The official ones won't let the triggers function properly :/

l_Will_l
Nov 6, 2007, 12:26 AM
yeah i know it opens those msgs. but i meant when u were already holding B down into pallet mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and about the d pad. you could do that on ps2 as well. but i never really used that method. always used the L and R buttons to go thru my pallet. dont like to take my thumb off of my moving joystick.

and im on the XBCD forum atm. dont really know what to look for tho lol.

Sychosis
Nov 6, 2007, 12:31 AM
http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/download.html

Coxy
Nov 6, 2007, 12:32 AM
Fair enough, I didn't know you could do that xD

l_Will_l
Nov 6, 2007, 12:36 AM
XD Sychosis, thats awesome. i just opened that page. then refreshed over here and thats what u left lol. im gunna try it now

l_Will_l
Nov 6, 2007, 01:13 AM
nope well that isnt working. anyone at all have any info on this?

Sinue_v2
Nov 6, 2007, 01:45 AM
Those drivers only work for the wired controller, I believe. Since you have the wireless dock, they may not work.

Ok, this is what I use:

Enter, Talk, Search, Pick Up: Button 1 (A)
Cancel, Action Pallet: Button 2 (B)
Normal Attack, Bullet, Technique: Button 3 (X)
Striking Weapon Skill, Technique: Button 4 (Y)
Lock-on Camera, Next Page: Button 5 (LB)
Switch Weapon, Next Page: Button 6 (RB)
Page Left: Button 7 (Back)
Page Right, Chat Log: None
First Person Camera: Button 10 (Click Right Thumbstick)
Main Menu Display, Skip Movie: Button 8 (Start)
Change Character Info Display: Button 9 (Click Left Thumbstick)
Up Arrow: None
Right Arrow: None
Down Arrow: None
Left Arrow: None
(Note: While I have nothing assigned to the D-Pad, it still picks up menu navigation and chat-shortcuts)
Camera Left/Right: X Axis Rotate (Right Thumbstick)
Camera Up/Down: Y Axis Rotate (Right Thumbstick)
(Movement is handled by the Left Thumbstick)

You won't be able to cycle through your pallet using your triggers, so you'll have to use your D-Pad. It gets annoying have to stop to cycle through weapons and items, but you get used to it. Since you would normally use the non-functioning right trigger to cycle through mail, mission rewards, etc, I've assigned it the back button which has no use outside of the 360. This way you don't have to split control between the Keyboard and Controller. If you have the game set to "Controller", you can just type normally. If you have the game set to "Keyboard" controls, you'll have to hit space before you type.

Anyhow, that's about as close as I could approximate the console controls. Hope it helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-11-06 00:15 ]</font>