PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to PSU, need a little advice

Lapucha
Nov 6, 2007, 04:21 AM
So with AotI coming out I though I'd give PSU another go. When PSU first came out, I tore through the single-player mode but I was really unhappy with online mode so I online messed around with it for a few days before can celling.

Anyway, now that I'm getting back in I was hoping I could get some advice about job choice from some of the vets out there. I like a class that is at least a little versatile and challenging to play, I also don't really like playing the most popular classes because I'm a streetwalking cheetah with a heart full of napalm (props to everyone who gets that). The only class I wouldn't be at all interested in is probably fortefighter; I think straight melee gets a little boring after a while.

WolfBlade
Nov 6, 2007, 04:44 AM
hurry up and hunt some ez S rank n lvl up

February
Nov 6, 2007, 05:00 AM
Try one of the Hybrids, like Guntecher, Fighgunner or Wartecher. If you want a bit of a challenge, go Protranser.

Krisan
Nov 6, 2007, 05:06 AM
Well, it really depends on what you want to be able to do.. However, all three Forte classes (not just Fortefighter) are indeed a bit straight forward, not allowing much variety.. in spite of that though, they are the best at doing what their class does. (whatever that may be)

Pretty hard to pinpoint what hybrid class you'd enjoy more is without hearing more about your preferred playstyle though.. But uh, in summary, Fighgunner is a mix of melee and ranged, Guntecher is a mix of ranged and techs, Wartecher is a mixture of melee and techs.. and Protranser is kind of unique. They're all pretty good choices really, though if you're anything like me, you'll prefer melee and ranged combat over techs.. and in that case, I might suggest Fighgunner or Protranser. (Nice weapon selection on both, and you'll almost always have a place in a party if you play your class well.)

If you do like techs.. well, both Wartecher and Guntecher are kind of meh in that aspect right now, the expansion looks to be fixing that up quite a bit, but really the main perk to having techs as either of those at the moment is being able to heal yourself or support your party.

thunder-ray
Nov 6, 2007, 05:18 AM
i would go with warteacher. warteacher is kinda of bad at the moment but in 2 weeks when aoi comes out warteachers get 30 on skills, 20 on bullets, and 30 on attack techs, 20 on support techs. they even get to use a sword in aoi and those madoggs.

HotokoHoshi
Nov 6, 2007, 04:02 PM
If you want a challenge, be a newman and a techer. They die so much....it's sad. Ok, that hurt and I'm the one who said it. Not funny. Oh and try Protranser. They get nothing until lvl 10. lmao. Or so I hear.

Lapucha
Nov 7, 2007, 04:03 AM
Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll shoot for Wartecher at least to start with (probably human or newman). I always like someone who can toss spells and mix it up when he needs to.

Hmmm, now all that I have to do is wait for payday to roll around... c'mon already!

Mwabwetumba
Nov 7, 2007, 04:10 AM
Better hurry up with getting online: the 1up Cup will skyrocket you through the starting levels in no time!

Edit: forgot to mention that the 1up Cup is reaching its end in a little more than a week now, which is why I think you ought to hurry up! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2007-11-07 01:11 ]</font>

juno-6
Nov 7, 2007, 04:27 AM
im pretty sure your old character(s) will still be saved, why not just use that one.

Lapucha
Nov 7, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-11-07 01:27, juno-6 wrote:
im pretty sure your old character(s) will still be saved, why not just use that one.

Well, I only got my character up to around lvl 10 or so and at this point I don't even remember what race he/she was so I think I'd rather just start with a clean slate.

XavierDreamknight
Nov 15, 2007, 11:50 PM
Hey guys I, too, am coming back to PSU after the expansion, but I'm not sure if I have to reroll my character again. Is Sega still using the delete characters after three months of no activity rule? If I have to start over again, it's going to be a pain. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zantra
Nov 15, 2007, 11:55 PM
On 2007-11-15 20:50, XavierDreamknight wrote:
Hey guys I, too, am coming back to PSU after the expansion, but I'm not sure if I have to reroll my character again. Is Sega still using the delete characters after three months of no activity rule? If I have to start over again, it's going to be a pain. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

They deleted my characters, and I was only gone for about a month and a half, so it's hard to say... i'm on Xbox 360, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

XavierDreamknight
Nov 16, 2007, 08:43 AM
Oh that's lovely Zantra, I'm on the 360 as well. If your characters got deleted that fast then mine are obviously gone. Yup, I get to have fun making that money again and making money in PSU is a pain in the ass.

Nyreal
Nov 16, 2007, 08:47 AM
Not so much. Money and rares are going to be much easier to find in the expansion. It's like a mythical paradise where all your wildest dreams come true!

... Well, except for the community. The people of PSU will still be terrible douchebags.