PDA

View Full Version : The only reason I don't like 1UP cup.

insaine2k
Nov 6, 2007, 08:19 AM
Maybe it's just me, but give me your opinions. For me, the ONLY reasons I dislike the 1UP Cup missions are because A) The time keeps rolling during cut scenes and slowdowns, and B) The bonus missions for Deadly Brilliance have IMMENSE slowdown, yet the time moves at normal speed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Otherwise I love em, the money, xp, and mission points are great.

STRANG
Nov 6, 2007, 08:32 AM
Avd you can only play with 3 other people instead of 5. That blows monkeys.

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 6, 2007, 08:34 AM
i do agree that the time rolling during cutscenes is annoying. One time my friend dc'd as a boss was loading, it made the load take about 3 minutes, and we ended up going over on time. Luckily we did everything else so we still got 8

THE JACKEL

Dragon_Knight
Nov 6, 2007, 08:48 AM
Yea had that too on several occations it really is bad....and I think the timer keeps rolling even AFTER you've defeated the boss. Because a couple of the missions have a 30 min par time and even when the boss was defeated at 28-29 mins I still got a 6.

Kuruda
Nov 6, 2007, 09:27 AM
Only thing I don't like about is that i'm always the unlucky one in the party as far as the S rank boards go. On the flip side of that though i've gotten some stuff really cheap, so I guess I can't complain too much.

I gotta agree with STRANG though, 5 person parties would have been great, although looking at the slowdown in just a 4 person party.... maybe not.

MSAksion
Nov 6, 2007, 02:49 PM
I hate the 4 person party limit. Sure each person gets 25% of the loot but that is 2 people that get left behind looking for a party.

Plus even with 4 lvl 100s (okay 2 100s, a 95, and a 99) we can't get all 80 kills AND open the last boxes. We kill like 79, time runs out the 80th dies the boxes appear oops there goes HAR QUICK cept no time to pick it up. SHESSH.

Zorafim
Nov 6, 2007, 02:57 PM
I like the small party. It makes runs more personal. 6 just seems too big for me.

What I dislike is the inability to join mid-mission. It's nearly impossible to find a party without having to go through Universe 2, which is a challenge in itself.

Tsundere
Nov 6, 2007, 03:02 PM
I agree with everyone about the 4 person limit. They should have made it 5.

I also hate that the floader part of the neudaiz mission is an event exclusive thing. A mini-game where you race around on them would have been wonderful.

insaine2k
Nov 6, 2007, 03:07 PM
Good points folks. It would be nice to allow another body, but again as stated before me, with the slow down, do you REALLY want another? Another reason larger parties don't bother me as much, is because being a loner like myself and having me and my couple friend from real life who play PSU (all being very close to the same level). We're all home around the same time, so I'll always have those couple people who I can trust to team up with, instead of having to scout for people who will nab anything and everything (even if the distro. is set to random/ order) right from under you. Still, losing those 30+ valuable seconds during cut-scenes and unavoidable slow down will always irk me.

Mystil
Nov 6, 2007, 03:16 PM
6 would have made sense if PSU was a full scale MMO. I dont know why they added 2 more player slots.

Noblewine
Nov 6, 2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah that's one of the reaosn I don't like one up but then again I have had a couple of bad parties with random people. I haven't really had any problems with the lag but I dislike how the counter continues to count down even after slaying the boss after a misssion.

Miyoko
Nov 6, 2007, 06:53 PM
I absolutely -loathe- the colony mission / EX missions. I hate everything about them. I'll be glad never to run another linear line / HIVE mission as long as I live.

Other than that, I'm enjoying 1up. >.>

Para
Nov 6, 2007, 06:55 PM
The 4 person party limit annoys me. When you want to join up with friends, you may have to ditch 1 or 2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-11-06 15:56 ]</font>

pikachief
Nov 6, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-11-06 05:19, insaine2k wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but give me your opinions. For me, the ONLY reasons I dislike the 1UP Cup missions are because A) The time keeps rolling during cut scenes and slowdowns, and B) The bonus missions for Deadly Brilliance have IMMENSE slowdown, yet the time moves at normal speed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Otherwise I love em, the money, xp, and mission points are great.

thats y i play deadly brilliance in 3 people party's and the techer doesnt use nosdiga ^.^

u_r
Nov 6, 2007, 07:00 PM
things I dislike are the inability to find a party at the lv 1-20 stage.

fact they drop rare [B] like there candy

hard to get an A party til your 75+