PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Humans a Newmans

Jao
Nov 6, 2007, 05:46 PM
Well i have been thinkn since humans and newmens can only use crea weps A class, Why not if them Photon Blast from pso it would be so nice if that happened

what do you guys think?

Weeaboolits
Nov 6, 2007, 05:47 PM
It'd be cool if they were like SUVs that were usable by non-CASTs. ;o

radical_ryan
Nov 6, 2007, 05:48 PM
hell yea joa

Jao
Nov 6, 2007, 05:48 PM
i was thinkn you would have to buy it like beast buy there nanoblast, takes no armor slots

F-Gattaca
Nov 6, 2007, 05:51 PM
Ronin Cooper wishes he could have a black hole as his supermove, judging by his emote.

I WILL PLUG UP THE HOLE TO SAVE THE GURHAL SYSTEM

*crams Clyez city into Ronin's mouth*

---

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see humans and newmans get their own super moves. I would like to see Humans and Newmans get a little more love--the crea series should have some bigger S-rank brothers, for instance, with appropriate stats.

Aside from that, photon blasts were dependent on one's MAG, so it wasn't quite an ability of the person themselves.

Jao
Nov 6, 2007, 05:53 PM
ok what about if humans and newmens get there own special race madoog and the other type mag

Zorafim
Nov 6, 2007, 05:57 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/0427.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/rikatitl.gif
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/Neiending.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/ps4_160.jpg

Mystil
Nov 6, 2007, 06:10 PM
I got a better idea. Lets rename PSU to Phantasy Star Online? =D

Maelixius
Nov 6, 2007, 06:15 PM
Remembers how Humans weren't as useless as in PSO.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Zorafim
Nov 6, 2007, 06:25 PM
Humans: Megiddo. Causes massive damage and knockback to surrounding enemies at the expense of half your remaining HP. TP based.
Animation is a series of black explosions.

Newmans: Eliminate (Or some japanese gibberish). Causes heavy damage to every enemy on screen, raises your evasion and accuracy, and lv3 incapacitation. ATA based.
Animation is newman disappearing and slashing the enemies before reappearing at the same spot.

Are we happy yet?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-11-06 15:29 ]</font>

stukasa
Nov 6, 2007, 07:03 PM
On 2007-11-06 15:10, Mystil wrote:

"Phantasy Star Online," you say? That sounds kind of catchy!

-----------------

Mmmmm, I think Humans and Newmans are fine as is. Sure it would have been fun for all races to get a special ability, but if you want one that badly just play one of those races.

I must admit, though, that I miss having an SUV when playing as my Newman main. Sometimes I'll run into a room full of Olgohmon and think, "This is too much trouble to deal with, time to hit the SUV button! ...Oh, wait. Guess I'll just slowly wear them down with Rafoie instead." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mizukage
Nov 6, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-11-06 14:57, Zorafim wrote:

Don't tell me this is Nei... She looks scary!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Kinako78
Nov 6, 2007, 07:47 PM
On 2007-11-06 15:15, Maelixius wrote:
Remembers how Humans weren't as useless as in PSO.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Who are you calling useless?! >_<

Jinto117
Nov 6, 2007, 07:50 PM
On 2007-11-06 14:46, Jao wrote:
Well i have been thinkn since humans and newmens can only use crea weps A class, Why not if them Photon Blast from pso it would be so nice if that happened

what do you guys think?

Yes.

On 2007-11-06 15:10, Mystil wrote:

Yes again.

On 2007-11-06 15:15, Maelixius wrote:

Yes!

As of this post I am playing PSO on my Wii right now. Ya'know, just be nastalgic remembering the good o'l days. Wait a sec. . . . . . . . my Humar just got his photon blast. Let er' rip!

AerisZeal
Nov 6, 2007, 07:50 PM
On 2007-11-06 16:46, mizukage wrote:

On 2007-11-06 14:57, Zorafim wrote:

Don't tell me this is Nei... She looks scary!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

That is Nei, she IS scary. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Nov 6, 2007, 09:11 PM
Humans and Newmans should, if they have any "special ability", have only two boosts to their race.

Human: Megid. Not the technique you're all used to, but the hate-based classic technique which devastates all around. It could be "charged" similar to a Nano-Blast and only obtainable through a special mid to high level solo quest. Some kind of a personality and endurance test to "make sure you can wield Megid without it consuming you". It would involve both combat trials, puzzles, and a choice system to prove your worth.

Newmen: Not a special ability so much, but an innate ability. Newmans are described as having "heightened reflexes and mental acclairity". The mental acclarity part is self-evident with their proficency with techniques, but their "heightened reflexes" are not reflected. In practice, they have the same reflexes as every other race. I would suggest giving them a innate speed boost both to technique casting and melee attacks. This would also be enhanced by equipping /quick units and AcroTecher/Fighter classes making them the fastest race - which would help shore up their weaker combat stats by giving them greater DoT, though still not enough of a boost to match them up with even human ATP.

Though I suppose you could implement this with their gauge by giving them a "Nano/SUV"-like short term boost of speed or evasion when activated.

Konstanse_Xx
Nov 6, 2007, 10:03 PM
Sinue just gave something that I think is he best suggestion...suggested? err...well made for Newmans I've heard.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 6, 2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah, it would be awesome if Sega gave something like that. I always kind of thought that the best solution would be simply to just not have added SUVs or Nanoblasts in the first place, but they're already there, so mind as well give Humans and Newmans SOMETHING.

F-Gattaca
Nov 6, 2007, 10:57 PM
I like Shinue's idea for Newmans, I'll say that much.

I'm not too sure about the idea for Classical Megid, though. I mean, yeah--having THAT version of Megid back in a Phantasy Star would rule, but even with Sinue's suggestions it seems like it'd become too dime-a-dozen. Classical Megid was special and hardcore.

I mean, with Nanoblasts--Beasts were designed for that, gengineered as it were. Many have forgotten how to do that but I'd assume Beasts actively working in the GUARDIANS are taught how to harness their forgotten abilities.

And CASTs, with our SUVs, we Guardians havea license to store weapons on the AMF military sattelites, so it makes sense that they'd be commonplace for use among CASTs.

The Newman idea, I think, is excellent, and harnesses abilities that Newmans are said to have without giving them an "I Win" button. But Humans getting Classical Megid ... I don't quite know about that.

I still think Humans would be better served with more human-only gear that gives them unique advantages. Hell, maybe even a set of Laconia weapons.

HFlowen
Nov 6, 2007, 10:58 PM
Megiddooooooooooooooooooo

Zantra
Nov 7, 2007, 04:57 AM
Uh... aren't newmans the best at spells... and aren't humans good at everything? or... at least average...

I wish Beasts had their own starting class... being a hunter feels tacked on, hunters are humans, Beasts should be Predators, or Hunted, or something...

Sinue_v2
Nov 7, 2007, 06:20 AM
Yes, but just being good at Techs isn't much consolation in many people's eyes. Beasts are the best with Strength, and Casts the best with Accuracy. Both have special abilities. Why doesn't the best Technique using class get a special?

And really - being middle-of-the-road stat wise is not a special ability or overtly desirable trait. If you only had ONE character slot and focused on raising jobs like FFXI, I could see where being average would be a boon since you can do all jobs equally. However PSU offers players four character slots - one for each race, so that players can customise characters into a lesser array of jobs which compliment their racial strengths.

In general, I think the reasoning not giving Humans and Newmans special abilities has less to do with gameplay balance, and more to do with population balance. Most players tend towards the Human characters, as well as Newmans. I think Sonic Team forsaw Casts and Beasts being the less popular of the races, and so gave them SUV's and Nanoblasts to help even out the diversity of the online population.

MSAksion
Nov 7, 2007, 06:37 AM
I think... that Newmans should get a FORCE FIELD. Similar to the nanoblast and the SUV - when you charge all 5 blocks you get a force field that the Kamatoze of Neudaiz throws around itself. Friends can walk freely through the barrier field. Anyone inside the field is given a temorarily raised DEF and MST ratings.

Physical attacks are rendered near useless as Melee monsters are stopped at the field's perimeter. Venture too close and you may pop out of the field allowing monsters to hurt a careless player who strays too far from the Newman in the center. This renders enemy melee to 100% useless-ness.

Bullets and TECH are severely reduced both going into and out of the field however. The field drains photon energy and thus bullets/tech don't pass through easily. Enemy bullets and tech can overload and puncture the shield wall randomly due to High ATP/TP of enemy however the effect of High DEF/MST for all in the field will severely reduce the enemy attacks severely.

Thus the most effective would be healing and buffing spells within the field. This is a chance for the physically weak newman to be able to recover his team and themselves and prepare for the next plan of action. Even newman hunter / ranger would benefit from this as everyone needs a quick breather while the vil de bear is spinning and the vanda are closing in.

I'd like to try pinning a vil de bear in a corner, throwing up my barrier field. and let my friends go to town on him.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 7, 2007, 08:21 AM
On 2007-11-07 01:57, Zantra wrote:
Uh... aren't newmans the best at spells... and aren't humans good at everything? or... at least average...

I wish Beasts had their own starting class... being a hunter feels tacked on, hunters are humans, Beasts should be Predators, or Hunted, or something...

Beasts are the best at melee, so your point is? Especially with all of these threads going around about how Forces are useless offensively. If you're gonna say that a race is gonna give up an ability to be good at something, that thing had better be the most powerful thing ever, but the whining I've been hearing says otherwise.

It would just simply be cool if Newmans had something they can do that Beasts and CASTs can't do, and something outside of Fortetecher. Personally, I think Acro classes may be that advantage since Newmans do have the second best balance of ATP, TP, and EVP, which are the most important stats for those classes. Newmans have at least decent ATP, and their melee and gunning is a magnitude above Beast and CAST teching.

I agree that maybe this is for population balance. But yeah, maybe for Beasts, it would have been better if Sega could have just made them look a bit "prettier", or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-11-07 05:32 ]</font>

Skuda
Nov 7, 2007, 08:34 AM
Personally, I'd like it if the Crea weapons weren't so terrible. They all look amazing, yet they're almost obsolete. They take a lot of resources to make, and end up being nothing special save for their aesthetics. Why ruin something so awesome looking with terrible stats? :/

Para
Nov 7, 2007, 08:36 AM
On 2007-11-07 05:34, Skuda wrote:
Personally, I'd like it if the Crea weapons weren't so terrible. They all look amazing, yet they're almost obsolete. They take a lot of resources to make, and end up being nothing special save for their aesthetics. Why ruin something so awesome looking with terrible stats? :/

The other thing is that.. they're only A rank (A rankish stats too). If there were some S rank creas... that would be much more interesting.

u_r
Nov 7, 2007, 08:39 AM
I thought humans were getting beserk mode? is this "Megiddo" that thing? any more info on this please? I'm still confused about it

Skuda
Nov 7, 2007, 08:41 AM
this is all just speculation u_r. There has been no official word on Sega giving Humans and Newmans special abilities.

u_r
Nov 7, 2007, 08:44 AM
ahh ok thanks, that kinda sux tbh I picked human when I started because I didnt know anything about the game and didnt wana pick a class that excells in anything incase I excelled in something I didnt wana play.. now I found the class I like, I kinda feel suxxy because Im a human and a beast would / cast would have been better suited.. now im stuck lol

Ken_Silver
Nov 7, 2007, 09:51 AM
I wish that the Crea weapons would just get better. I'd keep them A rank (so that more classes can use them like my class WT) but just make them more powerful. Call then Crea EX weapons or something. Give them better stats and/or a special move or PA that only works with that weapon. If the crea weapons had a special PA just for them then that would work for me. Plus I think that the nanoblast and SUV's made things arkward for population control. True it worked for beasts for they were new and needed some edge. But out of every 10 players that I see online (Universe 2 to be specific) 5 are Casts, 1 is a human, 1 is a newman and 3 are beast.

Remedy
Nov 7, 2007, 11:50 AM
On 2007-11-06 15:25, Zorafim wrote:
Newmans: Eliminate (Or some japanese gibberish). Causes heavy damage to every enemy on screen, raises your evasion and accuracy, and lv3 incapacitation. ATA based.
Animation is newman disappearing and slashing the enemies before reappearing at the same spot.Hell yes I'm happy now, sign me the fuck up.

ThEoRy
Nov 7, 2007, 12:34 PM
I would just like to be able to use a staff as a melee weapon again. They should've made just counter for tech users a melee attack with the staffs... ah well...

Zantra
Nov 7, 2007, 04:11 PM
Humans and Newmans can have sex with each other...

look @ Ethan and Karen.

Sinue_v2
Nov 7, 2007, 06:43 PM
So can Newmans and Beasts. Faroi Koid in Moatoob complains about how he is useless because he got the frail body of a Newman, and the Brains of a Beast. I would assume that Humans and Beasts can also breed. Newmans and Humans can breed, obviously. Not only Ethan and Karen, but in PSIV - that was their very purpose. He's not cannon, but Rui is a Numan/Human half-breed son of Rudy and Fal.

Kinako78
Nov 7, 2007, 07:21 PM
Actually, seeing as they bothered to draw an official artwork with Rui, I'd say it would be canon, even if no game was created using him.

ErtaiClou
Nov 8, 2007, 12:02 AM
I like notions of Sinue's idea for newmens speed boost as the human special and MSAksion's light screen field as the newmans special. I personally thought (if humans and newmens had a working special gauge) it would be like the resta/shifta/deband photon blast some of the mags in PSO had. Megid ability sounds like something to complicated for ST and they would end up making into an event run. XD

ShinMaruku
Nov 8, 2007, 12:15 AM
On 2007-11-07 13:11, Zantra wrote:
Humans and Newmans can have sex with each other...

look @ Ethan and Karen.

That's the boon they get, it's like a deathknight thing in Wrath of the Litch King, raise their level enough and then you unlock a hybrid, Have the hot techniquness of the newman parent and the strenghth of the human parent buffeted by the speed and grace of the newman parent.

Meggido should be a state like NB and SUV wherein the stats and speed go up, or just an attack that rocks their shit.