PDA

View Full Version : In all seriousness..ya

mrlion
Nov 7, 2007, 01:22 AM
Do you think the expansion will bring about brand new people and comebacks?

omegapirate2k
Nov 7, 2007, 01:25 AM
I think it's likely you'll see more comebacks than new users.

bahk
Nov 7, 2007, 01:25 AM
People have already judged the game, and if they left, they've most likely found something else.
Sega just released too little to please people during the most critical time. I doubt people will be throwing down more money just to give it another try.

_Vyser_
Nov 7, 2007, 01:36 AM
Hopefully AoI will get a better review since it has WAY more content than PSU when it first came out. That being hoped for, maybe more people will join.

Sinue_v2
Nov 7, 2007, 01:42 AM
On 2007-11-06 22:25, omegapirate2k wrote:
I think it's likely you'll see more comebacks than new users.

It depends on the platform. On the 360, you'll see more comebacks, since people aren't likely to go out and actively seek the original game just so they can play an expansion they downloaded on Live. Whereas people who already have the game and quit, may see the expansion and decide to pick it back up.

On the PC/PS2, you're going to have stand-alone units sitting on store shelves attracting new customers who don't have previous experience with the series. They're more likely to pick it up on a whim and give it a shot. On the flip side, on the PC, most people who already left have found other online RPGs to occupy their time due to higher competition and will be less willing to tear themselves away. Especially if they had a bad previous impression with the game.

Mystil
Nov 7, 2007, 02:25 AM
New people...? Not so much.

Come backs? Maybe.

Getintothegame
Nov 7, 2007, 02:32 AM
I'm hoping for a little of both. Mainly comebacks, but I'd also like to see a few new faces to the PSU area, maybe more people from PSO, though.

zeroguy518
Nov 7, 2007, 11:59 AM
mostly comebacks

Kylie
Nov 7, 2007, 12:00 PM
Even on PSU now, you can see new people that have never played the game before, so I can imagine with more stuff and word about PSU again, there will be new and old people. If they'll stay or not is the question, but that depends on the quality of the content and if there's a hacking fiasco again or not...

ThEoRy
Nov 7, 2007, 12:26 PM
Both.

So let it be written,

So it shall be done....

mizukage
Nov 7, 2007, 12:56 PM
Maybe yes... Maybe no...

Golto
Nov 7, 2007, 01:08 PM
For Na/EU pc/ps2 I don't think we will ever competely fill a universe again.

Noblewine
Nov 7, 2007, 05:20 PM
Possibly but maybe 50/50 a newcomer will join.

Zorafim
Nov 7, 2007, 05:40 PM
On most forums I go to, I ofter hear "PSU was a major disappointment, nowhere near as good as PSO. Maybe I'll come back for the expansion, it looks good so far. But I won't hold my breath."

So, if I were a gambling fish, I'd say that we'll see a large influx of people the first week or so.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
That is the bad part of the expansion, really. I was glad when all the WAAAAAAAAAAH NOT PSO people left, and I am not eager to have them back.