PDA

View Full Version : PSU: dumb people lawl

Para
Nov 7, 2007, 02:23 AM
lol today I was a victim of a emo retard. The public party I was in was pretty crappy. Someone still using B rank weapons that didn't have high %s and one of the other players was only using twin handguns. Either way... after 1 run... I can tell the party was pretty crap altogether (we didn't even get 8points atleast). So during the second run, I told the other gunner to use traps because the first run we didn't use traps and that really slowed us down for a few minutes. I asked the other gunner "Please use traps on the vitace." No response.... I asked kindly again and indicating that it would speed up our run and help us make it in time for 8points. Still no response. Then that person was complaining that I was mean. I was like "wtf..." in my mind. Patience started to run low so I called him/her a dumbfuck because he/she warrented it for being retarded. When the other gunner complained, one of the other party members was like "He only means well for us". Damn straight. Anyways after the run, the leader gave the other gunner leader and then he/she kicked me out of the pt. lmfao emo. I dunno if this qualifies as a rant as Im just amused about lawl. Was gonna ditch the PT after that run anyways.

On the other hand in another random run, I was like... moar gizaha plz and I got a gizaha from that run lawl.

Skuda
Nov 7, 2007, 03:30 AM
I really don't see how that would make them an emo. Unfortunate that they don't use traps, but not emo.

Another reason I avoid random parties. I like playing with people I know, or people that people that I know know. That way they can vouch if the player is incompitent or not.

Para
Nov 7, 2007, 03:31 AM
Actually thats why I crossed out emo. I posted this on my own forum then thought about what I wrote and then crossed out the emo and replaced it with retard.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 7, 2007, 03:58 AM
On 2007-11-06 23:23, Para wrote:
Anyways after the run, the leader gave the other gunner leader and then he/she kicked me out of the pt. lmfao emo.

Yep, it sure looks like you scratched it out there too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I'd have to agree with Skuda though. Also, I'd like to add that what you did was a bit unnecessary. That's kind of stepping into the territory of, "You should play how I want you to play or I'm going to call you names".

I don't really think it was appropriate for you to call him a "dumbfuck" (sorry for the language, just quoting the post) just because he wasn't doing something you wanted him to. It's like someone calling me names for not pulling out a spear and using Majarra (not sure if I spelled that right or not) on everything, cause I'm a Fortefighter.

You say you was going to leave the party anyway, but honestly..I wouldn't want someone with that kind of attitude in my party either, so I can understand where they are coming from.

I know he called you mean, but you should've just backed off instead of being so insistent on him using traps. If he didn't want to use traps, fine. No reason to get upset over it and call him names.

If anyone was being "emo" in the party, I believe it was you.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Para
Nov 7, 2007, 04:18 AM
lol I guess I was a bit harsh too but I stated my case plus that person HAD traps and when I joined their party initially their leader was telling that person to use traps too to speed up their run.

I don't see any reason why I should've been kicked when
1) The person had traps.
2) Our party was pretty crappy and had a trend of not meeting the time requirement.
3) DPS was horrible and traps would've made up ground for it.
4) The leader had initially asked him/her to use traps even before I asked the person to use traps.
5) It wasn't a selfish request. I was trying to get my point across that using traps would benefit the party greatly since we were having no success at completing the mission under the time requirements.

Oh and I wasn't being emotional about it but I was definitely using a negative approach in attempt to get some results through since positive encouragement just didn't seem to get through to that person's dense head.

If you think I was still unreasonable in my request to use traps, then I wouldn't want you in my party either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-11-07 02:05 ]</font>

thunder-ray
Nov 7, 2007, 05:30 AM
well fo rone thing u gotta understand the fact that everynody wants to do things they're way. they shouldn't be emo just because they didnt do what u want. when im in a random party i try to hear what ether the team leader wants to do or anybody else wants to do in a party before i ask what i want. If noone in the party wants to do what i ask then thats fine with me i can always find another party that my accept what i ask for ppl are just that way i guess. and about how crappy u say the party was u should know how hard it is to get mesta in psu. That might have been all they had on them since the prices on the shops are so high and mesta doesnt drop lots of money. plus i agree with what the other ppl say it was really uncalled for u to call that person a dumbfuck just because he didnt do what u had asked of him. if it was me that u called a dumbfuck i wouldve booted u the minute u called me that. YOU should really think about what ur gonna say before you say it. those kind of words is what we do not need in psu. oh and by the way in case u dont know what emo means it means to bring drama in the mix and thats what you did.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 7, 2007, 07:02 AM
On 2007-11-07 01:18, Para wrote:
If you think I was still unreasonable in my request to use traps, then I wouldn't want you in my party either.

First you give people drama in-game and now you bring it to PSO-World with this thread. If I wanted drama, I'd go turn on my television.

Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

thunder-ray
Nov 7, 2007, 07:20 AM
its sad that most ppl forget what games are made for these days. they end up arguing with ppl over bullshit and have the nerve to call this person emo but end up becoming emo them self not saying that ur emo kikumaru. what you wrote on your thread i agree with 100% http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Para
Nov 7, 2007, 08:29 AM
Apparently you didn't understand the situation thunder-ray. The person had traps in his/her inventory. You buy traps to use traps just as you buy healing mates to heal yourself. Using the excuse that having little meseta during an event in which A rank (getting A rank that is) rewards are about atleast 10x the cost of 5 burn traps isn't legitimate.

Crappy party or not, the suggestion of using traps was a very legitimate suggestion in helping our party achieve a S rank reward. I pulled my weight by using traps as well (sadly I don't have enough to cover all large monsters). I know not everyone may not play the same way I do but if you have traps in your inventory, why not use them? I really doubt meseta was an issue when that person is at lv 100.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 7, 2007, 09:33 AM
On 2007-11-07 05:29, Para wrote:
Apparently you didn't understand the situation thunder-ray. The person had traps in his/her inventory. You buy traps to use traps just as you buy healing mates to heal yourself. Using the excuse that having little meseta during an event in which A rank (getting A rank that is) rewards are about atleast 10x the cost of 5 burn traps isn't legitimate.

Crappy party or not, the suggestion of using traps was a very legitimate suggestion in helping our party achieve a S rank reward. I pulled my weight by using traps as well (sadly I don't have enough to cover all large monsters). I know not everyone may not play the same way I do but if you have traps in your inventory, why not use them? I really doubt meseta was an issue when that person is at lv 100.

It's one thing to suggest someone to do something and it's another to insult them for not doing something you wanted them to. You overstepped the boundary of being, well..a good party member. Just because you're pulling your own "weight" doesn't mean you can call someone a derogatory name.

Also, apparently you don't understand the situation. You claim, "if you have traps in your inventory, why not use them?". By YOUR logic, I should use photonchargecosomos when I run out of PP instead of Photon Charges. They are in my inventory, so I should use them, right?

Just because you have a gun, doesn't mean you HAVE to use it. I bet there are plenty of people who carry around extra equipment, like..extra weapons and whatnot, and never even use them, despite them being in their inventory. Are you going to call them a "dumbfuck" as well?

Also..you seem to think anyone who is level 100 is swimming in millions of meseta and nobody at that level can possibly be poor. I've met level 100 characters who could BARELY afford charges and mates. So you're wrong about your, "I really doubt meseta was an issue when that person is at lv 100." statement as well.

You cannot gauge fortune or intelligence by someone's level. I've seen rich low level characters, I've seen stupid high level characters. I've also seen rich high level characters and dumb low level characters. So don't just assume the guy had tons of money, just because he was level 100. That's a rather naive statement for you to make.

The reward for this event might be nice, but did it ever occur to you that he was saving the money? He could have been saving it for that particular character, for an alt, who knows. So even if he COULD buy traps after using them, that still doesn't give you the right to get upset and practically go, "What the hell are you doing?! Use your goddamn traps! I know you have some!!".

It's like shouting at someone to use their Photon Arts just because they have them and it will make things go faster. They choose not to and you get upset. The most simple thing you could've done is just left the party and look for one which met your prerequisites.

Instead, you stuck around, then had the nerve to insult someone for not doing something you thought would be more beneficial to the party. That was an immature choice on your part.

Next time, you should consider what actions should be taken or what words should be said instead of just letting your tongue lash out like that. Anyway, this is just criticism, so..take it as you will.

I don't even know why I bothered to reply, actually..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Para
Nov 7, 2007, 10:49 AM
Using the example of using Photon Charge Cosmo instead of Photon Charges is a pretty poor example since you have clear choice to choose in which you can use. I'm not going to harrass someone over whether you use Photon Charge Cosmo or Photon Charges as its pretty ridiculous. Just use something that's all.

What you fail to neglect in your argument is that we're trying to achieve S rank on the A rank mission but we were failing to even do that. If we were getting S rank without any trouble, I wouldn't care what that person used as long as we just made it to S rank and be able to play in the bonus missions. However that was not the situation and it was important that we use more ways to dish out damage to improve the overall DPS of the party so we could get S rank. If the person was poor, then he/she would understand that achieving S rank would net him/her even more meseta than just achieving an A rank reward.

Just for the record, the player finally did use traps near the end of Magashi after seeing me use my last saved burn trap for him. He/she missed 2 of the traps but landed 2 others. Don't know why I'm mentioning it though. And also for the record, when we did use traps, we finally got a S reward (8pts) as opposed to not using traps and scoring below 8pts. (Just to make sure there isn't any misunderstanding).

I admit I was being harsh but atleast I was being reasonable atleast and at first by giving diplomacy a good try by stating the case, why it was good to use traps and being polite before resorting to derogatory remarks. I still think I had every right to freedom of speech (hey you live in US you should believe in that XD) if that person was being unreasonable (actually in retrospect it was probably a bad idea for me to be mean but whats done is done). Anyone can see that by just using 2.5k meseta more, you could net yourself an additional 10k+ meseta.

Mystil
Nov 7, 2007, 12:48 PM
If you're the same Para from GFF..then this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. And that was almost EVERY party I had.

Remedy
Nov 7, 2007, 02:04 PM
You were too harsh. Accurate, but too harsh.

Gently scold and instruct those that are wrong, don't flame them and make them feel bad.

Para
Nov 7, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-11-07 11:04, Remedy wrote:
You were too harsh. Accurate, but too harsh.

Gently scold and instruct those that are wrong, don't flame them and make them feel bad.

Why should I instruct the person when he/she wouldn't listen to me before when I was being polite and giving positive encouragement?

And yes Im Para from GFF.

stukasa
Nov 7, 2007, 02:35 PM
I can understand your perspective (he shouldn't have just ignored you like that and at least explained why he didn't want to use traps), but I can't approve of your methods. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif In my experience, name calling never helps and almost always leads to arguments. I know you were probably just frustrated at that point but I think you should have just let it go and then left the party after the run (which you were planning to do anyway). That's one problem about playing with random people, you can't always expect them to play like you want. If you don't like it, you're always free to leave. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Jakosifer
Nov 8, 2007, 08:04 PM
I'm with OP on this actually, he had a completely legitimate reason for asking so. Asking numerous times kindly, for something that would improve his otherwise crappy teams time frame. Although his reaction to the "Mean" statement was a bit...harsh, "Dumbfuck" was uncalled for, however I'm with him on everything else. And seems you cant "rant" in the rant forum without someone starting something...

</facefloor>

thunder-ray
Nov 13, 2007, 05:31 AM
[quote]On 2007-11-07 05:29, Para wrote:
Apparently you didn't understand the situation thunder-ray.

i understood the situation perfectly that he had traps on him and didnt use them like u asked him to. but at the same time u miss my point. ppl have there own way of playing the game. thats just like for example lets say your a forteteacher and the and one of the players just wanted u to heal and do buffs. but u like doing attack techs and u choose not to do what he ask because thats your style of playing your character. all im saying is and maybe i shouldve put this in my first message. you werent wrong for asking him if he could use traps and he was wrong for not answering you but when u called him a dumbfuck thats just uncalled for. i cant blamed them for getting mad and booting you out of the party if it was me i wouldve just left and found a new party that i can work with better. but then again im a easy going guy i work with ppl very well if i was a fightgunner and u asked me to use burn traps i wouldnt mind usin them consiring that i dont use traps that much when im a fightgunner, but that just me i try to get a long with my team members in a party so we can work together in it. in your case u just was in a party that wanted to do things differently. to end this message is try to keep calm in those kind of problems things are never gonna go the way u want unless your in a team that has the same goal or doesnt mind doing what u request, but i wouldnt mind using traps if i had the chance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Para
Nov 13, 2007, 10:16 PM
I don't care about the way he plays but he's being selfish for not helping the team in a way that could atleast get us S rank reward + Bonus mission. Trade off a hundred meseta for a few thousand + chance at more meseta/more rares etc.

If that person can't understand such simple reasoning, why should you support his side at all?

MrNomad
Nov 14, 2007, 12:38 AM
On 2007-11-13 19:16, Para wrote:
I don't care about the way he plays but he's being selfish for not helping the team in a way that could atleast get us S rank reward + Bonus mission. Trade off a hundred meseta for a few thousand + chance at more meseta/more rares etc.

If that person can't understand such simple reasoning, why should you support his side at all?

Does it really matter? He's not gonna see this so he'll still do whatever he wants. Besides, he pays 10$ a month just like you and every other schmoe on PSU, and as long as he doesnt hack, use glitches, or spams constantly or is breaking any other rule in the ToA he can do whatever the hell he wants, end of story. And be honest, if you didnt care you wouldn't have made this topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

thunder-ray
Nov 14, 2007, 05:21 AM
amen to that Nomad couldnt of said it any better then that

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 14, 2007, 07:50 AM
he is allowed to Rant, it's a rant forum. I thought the whole point of this forum was to complain about something just to complain?

I prolly would've called him an idiot too. But, people hate me already so meh

THE JACKEL

Para
Nov 14, 2007, 10:50 AM
He's allowed to what he wants but he's still selfish and that's the bottom line. Its supposed to be a team game. If he wants to be a *insert some random derogatory noun*, then fine but we don't need players who are more interested in playing their own way by sacrificing the teams needs for the greater good.

StrongFiend
Nov 14, 2007, 07:25 PM
Tssk-Tssk what noobs but i try not to curse on psu, definite boot usually even when your clearly right, imo i would have booted yeah no offense anger between party members is no good.

Morganna
Nov 18, 2007, 09:09 PM
I do think he was wrong to not use traps. However my issue is with this:

On 2007-11-07 01:18, Para wrote:
Oh and I wasn't being emotional about it but I was definitely using a negative approach in attempt to get some results through since positive encouragement just didn't seem to get through to that person's dense head.

So basically, you're only nice as long as you get your own way? Isn't that what acting spoiled is?

And it's not a matter of what works or not. It may or may not work, but to me it's a matter of right and wrong. If we determined right and wrong by what works, then we risk becoming utilitarian pragmatists. Therefore, right is right even if it doesn't work, and wrong is wrong even when it does work.

Para
Nov 18, 2007, 10:09 PM
It isn't just my own way, consider the reasoning that it is the right way and the best way:

It's beneficial to him/her and me and the other party members.
She/He's set to gain more by just using traps.
She/He increases the overall productivity from the team.
Saving her/himself some time.
She/He gets a chance to get even more rares (Bonus missions).
Getting into a habit that will be beneficial to him/her in the future when doing runs with high HP monsters.

I don't see why wouldn't anyone see such common sense reasoning to believe that the opposite is the "better" way. And when other party members pressures the same person to do the same thing yet refuses, why should he/she be abstained from being scolded for not using his/her brain to put 1+1 together?

Morganna
Nov 18, 2007, 11:30 PM
You're absolutely right in your reasoning.

However, I believe it is wrong to pressure people. Legitimizing it for any reason allows bullies and control freaks to have a moral licence to have their malicious way with people.

EphekZ
Nov 18, 2007, 11:42 PM
On 2007-11-18 20:30, Morganna wrote:
You're absolutely right in your reasoning.

However, I believe it is wrong to pressure people. Legitimizing it for any reason allows bullies and control freaks to have a moral license to have their malicious way with people.

oh man, you're so wrong about so many things. You have a way too, how to say, pure look on life. Perhaps you're trying to shield yourself from things, not sure.

Morganna
Nov 18, 2007, 11:59 PM
Actually, that thought occured to me tonight. That I am expecting purity when it cannot be had.

EphekZ
Nov 19, 2007, 02:48 AM
Yes, it sucks when you come to realize that about life. Ideally, one should not be pressuring others to do what they want, but in this case and probably many more, the person being pressured should already be doing what their task at hand is. You follow?

thunder-ray
Nov 19, 2007, 05:35 AM
ive never had to be pressured into doing anything. its my choice if i want to use traps or not. plus i fight any way that i feel like even if a party member doesnt like how i use my character. everybody has the right to use their character anyway they want i never ask any one that they should use traps or use certain weapons. i give them the choice to use their weapons and traps anyway they want wether we get no rares or no s rank he/she will figure out on his own on how to do things better because like everyone else he has the right to choice wether to fight with traps or not. but for the record when im a fightgunner i never use traps only when i solo missions and i use them on big crowds.

ashley50
Nov 19, 2007, 06:13 AM
I would find another Party if i was in THAT kind of party.