PDA

View Full Version : fantasy ideas for new weapons

galaxy
Nov 7, 2007, 04:56 PM
so, i always think about "would it be cool if this weapon were in the game? it would work like this..." scenarios. i just thought it might be fun to hear other peoples ideas and compile a list...and who knows, maybe someone important might notice the list and put these ideas in...? doubtful, but still fun. anyways, here's my fantasy weapons (and anything else you might want to add) ideas that could work in this game. also, im sure this topic has been made a hundred times..but i have seen one in a while. anyways, without further ado:

for melee weapons:
Chakrams: these would function as melee weapons with some range. you would wield two. the first attack would throw the left chakram around you, the second would throw the right one around you, and then the final attack would throw both. these weapons would be 360 hits with decent range, so they'd have a unique purpose (kind of a gi-tech type function for melee class types)

Scythe: kind of a mix between an axe/sword/spear...fairly high strength, but faster than an axe (although not quite as strong). this one's pretty self explanatory, but should just be in the game.

ranged weapons:

chaingun: pretty much a stationery machine gun. stronger than the single handed variant, but stronger. you can also rotate. this would be loads of fun.

Technic Weapons:

tech glove: so this would essentially be a weapon that let you cast with your hand, but was different than other tech weapons. pretty much, you can only assign one tech to the weapon, but it has like obscenely high PP rates, like 5000 or something. the point of this weapon would be to have a standard attack that you could use when your rods/wands were out. it's a single handed weapon as well.

spellbook: this would take both hand slots (since you hold the book with one hand and cast with the other). this would be a fortetecher exclusive. pretty much, this would be the only weapon with 3 page slots, so it can hold 6 techs. also, it could combine element percentages. so if you had 3 fire and 3 ice techs in it, the spellbook would have 12% fire and 12% ice on it. it could also be slightly more powerful than a rod. the downside is that spells take longer to cast (or it could be the other way around...weaker than rods...or maybe even rods, but cast faster).

also, this isnt a new weapon idea, but an idea for a rare rod set. pretty much, there should be rods with built in elemental affinities. these rods can only be assigned techs that match their affinities. so theres a fire rod that can only hold fire techs, but would be VERY strong with those techs.

ok all of your turns!

Zorafim
Nov 7, 2007, 05:02 PM
Shield, one handed spears, partisans, twin slicers, and water techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-11-07 14:04 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Nov 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
You forgot the flamethrower, Zorafim.

galaxy
Nov 7, 2007, 05:09 PM
i thought about a flame thrower too, but that would negate bullet PA's, no? it would have to be fire element to be a flamethrower, and so you cant apply bullet PA's to it. so it would be kind of worthless. i like the idea of shields, one handed spears, and water techs though. also, wind techs!

Zorafim
Nov 7, 2007, 05:10 PM
I don't want flamethrower. It involves both guns and fire, neither of which I like.

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 7, 2007, 05:18 PM
shields
flail
hammer
sai
tonfa
kama
scythe
shuriken
chakram
boomerang
yo-yo
nunchaku

yep, weapons, I'm sure I could add more

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-11-07 14:20 ]</font>

Zorafim
Nov 7, 2007, 05:23 PM
I don't want flamethrower. It involves both guns and fire, neither of which I like.

Zorak000
Nov 7, 2007, 05:28 PM
rather than a "flame" thrower, why cant it be a "photon" thrower? a weapon based off of the dam-class techs...

(like how it is called the "chemical" thrower in bioshock..)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorak000 on 2007-11-07 14:28 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 7, 2007, 05:29 PM
If we're talking about spears, can we also talk about PAs for those spears that involve you jumping to ridiculous heights, then coming down like Jabroga?

Zorafim
Nov 7, 2007, 05:32 PM
Yes. In fact, we are encouraged to talk about those types of PAs.

Weeaboolits
Nov 7, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-11-07 14:28, Zorak000 wrote:
rather than a "flame" thrower, why cant it be a "photon" thrower? a weapon based off of the dam-class techs...Yeah, that's precisely what I suggested in the last thread like this, or at least the last one I saw.

Maelixius
Agreed.
The Majarra PA is just silly.

Ken_Silver
I like the idea of a physical shield for a left handed item. It could have a reflect ability or somthing. Hold down the attack button for a reflect attack. And to use PP and as a PA, you could toss the shield for damage or punch someone with the shield (like out of 300 or something.)

I also like the idea of magic gloves for magic casting (two handed weapon, a mix of the knuckles and a wand) where you have quick physical attacks and two technics.

Remedy
Nov 7, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-11-07 14:32, Zorafim wrote:
Yes. In fact, we are encouraged to talk about those types of PAs.It should also have a 200% ATP modifier that doesn't change.

*bonus points if anyone gets it*

Sir
Nov 7, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2007-11-07 14:02, Zorafim wrote:
Shield, one handed spears, partisans, twin slicers, and water techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-11-07 14:04 ]</font>

do you mean shield as a weapon or just sheilds you can see. Because near the end of BB they had Shields, I do say shields would be cool though. Beat Boomas upside the head with them....yeah....

I was surprised that they didn't have scythes in PSU in the first place. After the Soul Eater and Chameleon scythe I figured they would make it a category.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir on 2007-11-07 14:57 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Nov 7, 2007, 05:58 PM
My thoughts is that they should switch the current axe (with PAs and all) and replace it with gigantically large photon maces, and then make the axes something more agile, perhaps a compromise between spears and swords.
-.-

Garanz-Baranz
Nov 7, 2007, 06:52 PM
<.< I say add-

Missle Laucher- Two handed Ranged weapon- Basically, it's like a Homing weapon like Cards, but can multi target, depending on position and which button you press o.o

Missle Launchers fire their rounds much like the Shotgun, except it's 2-3-4 horisontally shot rounds.

Missle Launchers have about the ATP of a Handgun, slightly more though, the rounds come out fast, but travel slowly, Firing rate is that of a Grenade Launcher.

Pressing the "basic attack"[as on Melee] button lets all 2-4 missles hit one target, pressing the "PA attack"[as on melee] button will get you two targets homed in on. Pressing the "left hand weapon with basic attack" will let 3 targets be tracked, and with the last button, "Left hand weapon + PA button", this will let 4 targets be tracked.

The number of Trackable Targets is equal to the number of missles fired, pressing the Multi-track buttons with more Tracks then the PA level will only fire the max posible missles with their single tracks.

PP cost is like Grenaders, standard PA[less]hits knock target down, UltPA's can make the target hit with Knock ups, or do Stun.

<.< ATA is that of a Rifle, sence you cant expect to dodge a homing object like other stuff.

Kinako78
Nov 7, 2007, 07:03 PM
I agree that there should be twin slicers. You had that option in Phantasy Star 4, so why not here?

chaoskila
Nov 7, 2007, 07:14 PM
i want a bazooka and tank

Sinue_v2
Nov 7, 2007, 07:15 PM
A shield - It would have no immediate defense boost, but can be "raised" to increase DFP significantly. The downside, it's a left-hand item and has no offensive capability. So with it you're restricted to only 1-hand weapons, and you must lower the shield to attack. Shields can have elemental attributes. Perhaps they can also have a PP gauge that lessen with each hit absorbed, and when it's depleted drops it's DFP boost. This would still encourage dodging and evasion, but could be a life-saver in situations like a Hildebear spin.

As for WEAPONS... well, I would just like to see more solid weapons. I don't like "Photon Blades" and would much prefer steel/titanium weapons that have a greater variety of design (aside from just general shape) and leave a photon "cutting edge" that runs in a thin line along the blade and can still leave colored tracers when swung.

Schubalts
Nov 7, 2007, 07:20 PM
Tonfas, yo. And BOOTS, damnnit!

Remedy
Nov 7, 2007, 07:20 PM
So basically, more weapons like the Agito Repca.

Ken_Silver
Nov 7, 2007, 07:22 PM
I like Sinue's idea for the shield. It sounds more fair. The only issue is that it'd be the first weapon with no kind of PA to equip to it. Rather than that, the Shield idea is solid.

Remedy
Nov 7, 2007, 07:25 PM
On 2007-11-07 16:22, Ken_Silver wrote:
The only issue is that it'd be the first weapon with no kind of PA to equip to it.Shadoogs.

Sinue_v2
Nov 7, 2007, 07:44 PM
Well, it wouldn't be a weapon. It would be a shield. Non-offensive.

And yeah, I suppose more like the Agito replica, but with better design and over a much wider variety of weapons. PSO had a great array of creative and unique weapons, and I simply would like to see that same breadth of choice and unique design applied to PSU's weapons. As it is now, they all more or less look alike with the differences being largely in the shape of the blade. Although this is likely because we haven't gotten crap for unique or rare weapons yet - and most of our arsenals are compairable to PSO's old newb weapons. So in a way, they're designed to be generic and unattractive in an attempt to make the more unique and rare weapons more desirable.

mizukage
Nov 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
I believe it would be awesome if a Sword PA can possibly slice the missiles from the Grinna Beta S in half would be awesome.

ThEoRy
Nov 7, 2007, 08:21 PM
ju jitsu

Zantra
Nov 7, 2007, 08:43 PM
If i've said it once, i've said it five times...

Rocket Launchers that shoot out chainsaws...

Or... a De Ragon flame thrower.

Soulless
Nov 7, 2007, 09:00 PM
Id really like to see shields. Kinda miss my standstill shield tbh ;_;

DanMalak
Nov 7, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-11-07 14:28, Zorak000 wrote:
rather than a "flame" thrower, why cant it be a "photon" thrower? a weapon based off of the dam-class techs...

(like how it is called the "chemical" thrower in bioshock..)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorak000 on 2007-11-07 14:28 ]</font>

Who would use a flame thrower when there is...

SUPERSOAKERS! pump up action anyone? *squirt squirt*

InfiniDragon
Nov 7, 2007, 09:59 PM
My brother and I had a good idea for Katanas:

Instead of the typical katana from PSO or another saber knock-off, make them a drawn and sheathed "quick draw" weapon. To this end, the katana when carried around on the field DOES NOT have a blade, rather, it's the blade's handle and a small one-handed "sheath" which the character holds. The blade is only seen when they attack, as it is drawn from the "sheath" (ignited) and swung in the weapon's combo, then returned to the "sheath".

Weeaboolits
Nov 7, 2007, 10:08 PM
That sounds kinda' cool actually, though I would like to see the return of smaller two-handed swords.

DanMalak
Nov 7, 2007, 10:18 PM
On 2007-11-07 18:59, InfiniDragon wrote:
My brother and I had a good idea for Katanas:

Instead of the typical katana from PSO or another saber knock-off, make them a drawn and sheathed "quick draw" weapon. To this end, the katana when carried around on the field DOES NOT have a blade, rather, it's the blade's handle and a small one-handed "sheath" which the character holds. The blade is only seen when they attack, as it is drawn from the "sheath" (ignited) and swung in the weapon's combo, then returned to the "sheath".

That reminds me of the Zelda Twilight Princess special attack that link learns where he draws the sword and attacks right away for massive damage, but if he gets hit with his sword/shield out it's dor extra damage. I kinda forgot but I think that's how it goes but I havn't played for a while.

Zorafim
Nov 7, 2007, 10:19 PM
I also kind of want heavier sabers, with more sword-like attacks. If for nothing else, simply to pair with the shield and have a photon knight.

Remedy
Nov 7, 2007, 10:20 PM
Zorafim ignored my subtle !Jump reference and now I'm sad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zorafim
Nov 7, 2007, 10:26 PM
Oh, right, I forgot about that.

There's no need for the constant 200%, though. If going by FFIII, it can start at 150% and end at 250%.

Remedy
Nov 7, 2007, 10:27 PM
Touche. I was going off of IV/V's !Jump that was a strict doubling.

Weeaboolits
Nov 7, 2007, 10:31 PM
I'd still like to see rapiers, I want to stab things with something other than a spear. ._.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 7, 2007, 11:25 PM
Shields would be nice to have for manual defense (perhaps EVP could make it auto-guard like the current system). Raising it could inhibit movement (and perhaps drain PP), having it absorb enemy attacks could allow for a much more reliable Just Counter than EVP's chance-based auto-guard, and having shield bashes or charges could spice up the offense a bit more.

Chainguns, simply zweihanded machineguns that allow rotation while firing instead of movement would be made of win.

Gunlances, two-handed (probably), basically a heavy lance with a heavy gun attached to it. Normal attacks would be stabs, PAs would be different kinds of gun attacks like melee-range explosions or laser-like long-range shots. As a bonus, humans and newmans could get to charge up their special gauge to overload the photon reactor or something and cause a gargantuan explosion akin to that of a SUV.

Greatswords. If you glued a sword to an axe, it still wouldn't be as heavy as this. Cleaves through EVERYTHING in its path with high damage, but swings extremely slow. PAs would not exist, only four different normal attacks that could be chained together. Swinging would make the user immune to most forms of flinch and knockback, but cannot use items mid-swing.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 7, 2007, 11:31 PM
I'd like to have the gravity gun and the golden gun. *runs*

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 7, 2007, 11:39 PM
On 2007-11-07 20:31, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I'd like to have the gravity gun and the golden gun. *runs*

You'd get a gravity gun, but you'd have to use boxes, enemies or diga rocks to pick up and chuck with it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But imagine onmagoug throwing ollakas at you only for you to take them and throw them back!

...oh, she ran away.

Shishi-O
Nov 7, 2007, 11:49 PM
tenora/ kubara 9* dblsbrs made from 10* mats

galaxy
Nov 7, 2007, 11:50 PM
i completely forgot to mention boots, but i intended too. someone reminded me of them. yes, if we have knuckles we should also have boot stud weapons too, so people could have kick attacks. this would be great.

keep the ideas coming guys!

Weeaboolits
Nov 7, 2007, 11:52 PM
On 2007-11-07 20:31, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I'd like to have the gravity gun and the golden gun. *runs*Only if I can have the portal gun. D:

rogue_robot
Nov 8, 2007, 12:24 AM
Scythe + chaingun? Perfect for all the KOS-MOS clones...

Not that I'd mind seeing the two, or have anything against KOS-MOS. More weapons is always better - as long as we don't get any more ridiculous class restrictions like on double sabers (at first my reason for not going online was just the money... AoI's class-weapon distribution officially made it gameplay).

At any rate...

boomerangs
shuriken
handaxe
chakram
assault rifles
chainguns
shields
normal-sized swords
straight-bladed, forward-pointing knives
hammers
flails
combat staves (not tech-casting)
tonfas
glaives
halberds
scythes
sai

...oh, and the ability to use unarmed attacks like in PSO (or at least knuckle-type weapons that aren't five times the size of the characters' hands).

DanMalak
Nov 8, 2007, 12:51 AM
They had partisans/scythes in PSO, and oh how so I missed them...They were the leet version of the sword.

Libram
Nov 8, 2007, 12:54 AM
Huh, this thread again.

Sol_B4dguy
Nov 8, 2007, 01:21 AM
Partisans. Please, I just want my partisans back. Although boots to go with the gauntlets would indeed rock.

MSAksion
Nov 8, 2007, 04:45 AM
The BAYONET - the rifle spear from WILD ARMS 2. It can stabby stab anything and its photon art is a bullet like burn or freeze. Its a rifle so it would level really slowly and cause lvl 4 status at 21+. Plus you can STAB THINGS

Actually - if there was a way to modify this games rifles i'm sure that the 2nd attack button could easily have someone just stab someone with the barrel. Just look at the bayonet tip on the blackbull rifle and go "wow that could be used to stab monsters with the same element as the bullet its firing.

Right hand WARFAN. It would cut and scrape enemies the way a saber or knife would but it would look awesome paried with a Card throwing left hand. PA would be throwing the fan and having it circle around cutting things.

"THE ANCHOR" Copyright Capcom

A left handed GRAPPLING HOOK. GIve this to hunters, have them lock onto a small or medium monster. When it anchors on, you can pull it and stop it from charging at your friends. Drag them into a corner, whip them into the corner, and let the team gang up on the koltova in safety

PA would be to REEL IN monsters for the slaughter.
2nd PA would be to REEL YOURSELF Pulling the user towards the monster. fly away from one monster and towards a safer less lethal monster.

elshagan
Nov 8, 2007, 07:30 AM
oh let me say something plz let me XP...

Kamas
Hook Swords
Hammers
Rope darts
Meteor hammer

now i can't think of anymore weapons

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 8, 2007, 07:53 AM
On 2007-11-08 01:45, MSAksion wrote:
A left handed GRAPPLING HOOK. GIve this to hunters, have them lock onto a small or medium monster. When it anchors on, you can pull it and stop it from charging at your friends. Drag them into a corner, whip them into the corner, and let the team gang up on the koltova in safety

PA would be to REEL IN monsters for the slaughter.
2nd PA would be to REEL YOURSELF Pulling the user towards the monster. fly away from one monster and towards a safer less lethal monster.

I think it would make more sense to have say, small enemies get pulled towards you, some medium enemies get pulled, some pull you, and all large enemies pull you.

For a second PA it could be first move throws small/medium enemies, flips/stuns large enemies, second move would grab the thrown enemies out of the air and slam them, then third is just a bunch of quick jabs with it ending with knockback

THE JACKEL

galaxy
Nov 8, 2007, 10:42 AM
that single target use though would have to make that grappling hook very powerful, or else it would just kind of be a waste.

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 8, 2007, 10:52 AM
On 2007-11-08 07:42, galaxy wrote:
that single target use though would have to make that grappling hook very powerful, or else it would just kind of be a waste.

from the sounds of it, the entire purpose of it in the first place was just to hold enemies and keep them from attacking. The PA would accomplish that, while dishing out damage, as opposed to literally just holding/pulling the enemy around

of course, you could change it to a taser, and it could damage overtime

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-11-08 07:54 ]</font>

Neith
Nov 8, 2007, 10:56 AM
Some kind of solid blade weapon, whatever it may be. Agito Replica still has a photon edge that ruins its appearance.

A underarm gatling gun (see LK-38 Combats from JP PSOBB- no, not the L&K14's) would be awesome.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-LK_38_COMBAT-ACTION-1.jpg

I still want armblades too. >_> Make them faster than Twin Sabers, but weaker.

Remedy
Nov 8, 2007, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't mind the suggested Spellbooks. They'd be kinda like Prophets of Motav. :3

Yoshimatsue
Nov 8, 2007, 11:35 AM
i like the idea of a scythe but u have the option to link tech to it and still attack

i kinda like the idea of a photonic pole not a rod faster than a spear but dosent take quite as buch damage

And i think ninja sickles would be a good idea but the hilt was longer like a scythe and the bade was photon which would count as a semi ranged weapon

Koji1m1
Nov 8, 2007, 11:48 AM
you know i think i would like to see new traps to use more then just weapon like i would Really want to see the groove a-tron (however its spell from ratchet and clank ps3 game) it would be both hilarious and awesome to make a few varhas as well as other enemies dance, or the miniturret gun from i think from the 2nd 3rd and 4th games, and i also think that kratos's blades of chaos, now changed to the lame athfena (however thats spelled too). XD

ThEoRy
Nov 8, 2007, 12:09 PM
did I mention ju jitsu?

Mwabwetumba
Nov 8, 2007, 12:21 PM
Well, this would be more of a dream SUV if anything, but here goes..

A SUV unit that creates a spectral image of Olga Flow towering above your character. The spectre then unleashes three long-ranged, full 360 degree attacks (the sword-energy-waves), causing random status effects to all enemies struck by it, and finishes by raising its sword towards the sky, summoning the God's Punishment attack, causing immense damage to any victim inside its rather short range.

Yeah!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2007-11-08 09:22 ]</font>

Kylie
Nov 8, 2007, 12:24 PM
I would like some more dual weapons like dual hatchets or something. As for anything else, I can't really think of anything at the moment. I mean, I've still yet to get all of the weapons (on the game) that I want yet.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 8, 2007, 01:39 PM
BIG AZZ GATLING GUN PL0X
No,not a Mechgun.
A GATLING Gun.
It would be 2-handed,powerful,and you would have to stand still when you use it. Also you would be able to change direction when you aim with it.

perfectminute
Nov 8, 2007, 03:13 PM
Guns that shoot real bullets. Grenade launcher that shoots missile looking bullets.

elshagan
Nov 8, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-11-08 12:13, perfectminute wrote:
Guns that shoot real bullets. Grenade launcher that shoots missile looking bullets.

k that makes me think on the tenora revolvers and on the garand(no idea how it's spelled) launchers from PSO you now the missile launcing monster in Mine i think... green with aromor shooting missiles after ya but still yeah i would like one of those launchers ingame... but i still would like to have kamas and double kamas ingame

Ryoki
Nov 8, 2007, 05:43 PM
A handgun that shoots rubies.

Oh wait, shit.

AlphaDragoon
Nov 8, 2007, 07:55 PM
Two-handed Sabers (Longswords, maybe?) would OWN. Longer and more powerful (but a bit slower) than the standard Saber but not as powerful as the Sword, with different PAs.

Ken_Silver
Nov 8, 2007, 08:38 PM
On 2007-11-07 16:25, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-11-07 16:22, Ken_Silver wrote:
The only issue is that it'd be the first weapon with no kind of PA to equip to it.Shadoogs.

oops, didn't know that. I wonder how you get an elemental item. No matter, not the time or place to go on about that. As for any other fantasy items, I'd like some sort of animal/robot control. (To put simple more like puppet control) For example, the user would fight with a controllable Rappy or Booma. The user stands in the back (not to far) and controls the monster in front. PP would be used for each "puppet's" special move. For example a Vahara's special would be to cast Diga or something. It sounds cool in my mind at least http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Plus it is thinking outside of the box. It would also gives forces a wider array of weapons and make them more desirable to play.

Zorafim
Nov 8, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-11-08 16:55, AlphaDragoon wrote:
Two-handed Sabers (Longswords, maybe?) would OWN. Longer and more powerful (but a bit slower) than the standard Saber but not as powerful as the Sword, with different PAs.

You're not satisfied with swords either? I agree, what we have is bigger than we need. But, at least having it means that lances are fast.

Remedy
Nov 8, 2007, 08:52 PM
I'm not really all that satisfied with our sabers, either. I'd rather have a offshoot of the Saber class - rapiers. Faster than sabers, with piercing-style PAs.

Ah, if only melee wasn't so dreadfully boring to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zantra
Nov 8, 2007, 08:54 PM
Throwing knives, or throwing axes.

Unless we already have those...

Wallin
Nov 8, 2007, 09:01 PM
I'm straying out of the box here, but since I love Valkyrie Profile, and since the Photon Blasts of PSO were always oh-so nifty, it would be fun to have a selection of pre-made final attacks for you to give to your characters, like SUVs but for all characters (yes, even Humans and Newmans da**it!), and more sexy <3

On that topic, Freya's 'Ether Laser' kicked much butt.

mizukage
Nov 8, 2007, 09:27 PM
I hope they are bringing back the twin saber, "Musashi" from PSO and adding a PA that resembles the Niten Ichi Ryu!