PDA

View Full Version : What's with the invisible walls in the Hive?

Helly
Nov 7, 2007, 06:49 PM
You're running down the center of those loooong hallways and bam! You can't move foward anymore! You can if you move to either side but if you don't move you're just running into a wall you can't see! What exactly causes this glitch? It seems weird that it only happens in only Hive missions!

Garanz-Baranz
Nov 7, 2007, 07:03 PM
Your character's "Solid Space" is barely a milimeter wide really, the Invisable wall is basically about the size of that space, so, hit it, you stop.

<.< It's only in one Hive map if I recall, the Dulk Fakis map for B3, the one used in 1UP.

pionear
Nov 8, 2007, 10:38 PM
Ive have hit something like that as well at times...

Dracos
Nov 8, 2007, 10:46 PM
Ya, i noticed that too, some other people i know have mentioned it as well, o well its not like it slows you down much, you just back off for a sec and keep goin

Hokokaru
Nov 8, 2007, 10:49 PM
Hmmm Ive never noticed that before, maybe because ive only done a few HIVE missions since i got back =/

mizukage
Nov 9, 2007, 12:18 AM
Invisible walls?? I had done at least 80 runs to HIVE, but I have never experienced any invisible solid substances. Its interesting.. Perhaps, its another one of those glitches along the lines of the infamous machinegun glitch. Glitches do occur to video games, but luckily.. I never had any problems with PSU, hope the same thing will be for AOI.

TheBlackDeath
Nov 9, 2007, 03:35 AM
/facepalm

It is in no way like the mechgun glitch because it's not an exploitation of anything. "OMG YOU H4XXOR YOU GOT STUCK ON AN INVISIBLE WALL". All it does is stop you it's not like it insta kills you and then boots you back to the lobby or something. You encounter this in that specific hive map that garanz mentioned if you run exactly in the middle of the walkway. You can get around it but it takes some slick moves like ANGLING YOUR DIRECTION SLIGHTLY TO ONE SIDE. I know that sounds impossible but if you can't do it maybe you should try a less difficult mission.

Deragonite
Nov 9, 2007, 03:43 AM
yes i have hit this wall a few times

and it hurt

but i just resta'ed and moved on

ChronoTrigga
Nov 9, 2007, 04:58 AM
The real reason for this phenomenon happening is due to a map programming error having to do with the different maps that have buttons normally in those spots. So when you walk over them you kinda get stuck on invisible buttons.

TranceZiggy
Nov 9, 2007, 04:58 AM
On 2007-11-09 00:43, Deragonite wrote:
yes i have hit this wall a few times

and it hurt

but i just resta'ed and moved on

Lmfao. That was so called for.

Kudos http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TranceZiggy on 2007-11-09 01:59 ]</font>