PDA

View Full Version : A question about types and characters

Sheamachost
Nov 8, 2007, 02:23 AM
Well with the cup going on I had decided on trying to master all sorts of different classes since the mission points are so generous. So far I'd finished Hunter, Ranger, Fortefighter, and Fortegunner.

I was about to move onto force but then upon thinking about it my character is lv. 61 with a few high lv photon arts that could be used for the hunter and ranger classes. Is trying to move onto becoming a force and essentially trying to make this one character a master of all trades too much of a stretch? Should I just focus on raising my striking and gun photon arts?

It is a bit of a noobish question I'm sure but please bare with me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sheamachost on 2007-11-07 23:30 ]</font>

Katryn
Nov 8, 2007, 02:31 AM
There are three ways that this could be looked at.

1) Try everything. Why not? How else will you truly know what you love and hate?

2) You have already tried too much. You are wasting your time on something. You should know what you want to be / SHOULD be. (ex. race / class maximixation)

3) How much room do you have to add some photon arts? If you decide to try force do you want to focus on attack, support or both? Do you plan to go fortetecher and try kikami and bow as well?

Ultimately it is your choice. I have tried a bit of everything on my main character and have discovered that I love quite a few unique weapons. On one hand that has widened my appreciation of the game. On the other, it can make it tough to specialize in one thing alone. Good luck!!

Tetsaru
Nov 8, 2007, 02:44 AM
Well, that's entirely up to you. I tend to go all-out towards one class (my main's a Fortegunner and has nothing but bullet PA's, lol) or use my alts to try out new classes, but I HAVE seen some people do a little bit of everything. As of right now, you could have 12 Skills, 12 Bullets, and 12 Technics if you decided to distribute your PA's evenly, which is doable if you stick to the stuff you use most often.

Also, consider your character's race. If you're a Human, switching back and forth shouldn't bother you too much. But, if you're something different, you'll excel on some and suffer on others. Still, any class can do any job - it just depends on the skill of the player. :3

If I were you, though... wait until AoI comes out, and then you should be able to switch your PA's as freely as you want via the new PA disc system that's been mentioned, and not have to worry about deleting them (as far as I know). Or, you could try Fighgunner if you've leveled both Hunter and Ranger.