PDA

View Full Version : X360 Expansion Offline

mizukage
Nov 9, 2007, 03:03 AM
http://print.canalgame.com/images/Image/sn023/BANNER-PHANT.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-11-09 00:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-11-09 00:05 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Nov 9, 2007, 03:20 AM
Im dissapointed.We got shafted.I would rather pay more and get it.At least the option would be nice.

________
Suzuki Gsx600F (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_GSX600F)

Skuda
Nov 9, 2007, 03:32 AM
I'm on PC, but I think the opposite. I'd rather have PSU for $20 without the offline option. I've already beaten Episode 2 online. If I ever feel like beating it again, I'll just do the story missions.

lethe
Nov 9, 2007, 03:35 AM
will we at least get to hear the voices on the online story mode? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

mizukage
Nov 9, 2007, 04:24 PM
Nope.

Inazuma
Nov 9, 2007, 04:32 PM
i have the pc ver of ep2 but i havent touched the offline mode, and i have no plans to. i would have preferred that they never made an offline mode to begin w/, like how psobb was. all of the time, money and effort that went into the offline mode, would have been much better used in making the online mode better.

HFlowen
Nov 9, 2007, 04:39 PM
About half of the people who bought PSO never played it online. That was the whole premise of making a "Full blown single player version" when they were making PSU.

Sychosis
Nov 9, 2007, 04:55 PM
I couldn't care less. I played through it months ago.

TCpsu
Nov 9, 2007, 04:58 PM
Dont really mind...If I really wanted to play it offline i'd get the PS2 version for offline only.

Jaspaller
Nov 9, 2007, 05:04 PM
I'm a little annoyed that we aren't getting the offline story mode... who knows what else is probably cut out. Maybe even MORE music? Well, I sure as hell won't be renting it for PS2 (maybe download a torrent for PC though lololololol)

amtalx
Nov 9, 2007, 05:36 PM
The story for PSU is about as awesome as the story for Shadow the Hedgehog. PASS. I'll take my $20 game and no waiting in line. kthnxbai

McLaughlin
Nov 9, 2007, 06:29 PM
I've already played through Ep. II once. I don't need to play it again. It's pointless, and I'm happy to save 20$ by cutting out content I would have never touched.

EDIT: Why the hell does a poll directed to 360 players have an option for PS2/PC players?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-11-09 15:31 ]</font>

mizukage
Nov 9, 2007, 07:56 PM
On 2007-11-09 13:32, Inazuma wrote:
i have the pc ver of ep2 but i havent touched the offline mode, and i have no plans to. i would have preferred that they never made an offline mode to begin w/, like how psobb was. all of the time, money and effort that went into the offline mode, would have been much better used in making the online mode better.

Wat?

I even hoped that Square-Enix would release an offline mode for Final Fantasy XI. I got FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2, and FF12. It would be nice if there is FF11 offline, but there isn't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

By the way, I am going to buy a ps3 once FF13 and FF13 Versus is released in US.

danny_o
Nov 9, 2007, 09:49 PM
Played through it 2~3 times on different characters. Now that I found the <down> arrow + (A) button thing, that lets you race through text bubbles, I might have another run without the voice overs.

mizukage
Nov 9, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-11-09 14:36, amtalx wrote:
The story for PSU is about as awesome as the story for Shadow the Hedgehog. PASS. I'll take my $20 game and no waiting in line. kthnxbai

Shadow the Hedgehog is awesome. I got it for $10 and only spent 30 minutes on it before it ended up somewhere eatting dust..

Speaking of Shadow the Hedgehog.. I believe it would be awesome if some of the old Sonic characters or villians show up in a future update/release of PSU as a SEED-infected villian or boss. What do you guys think??

buzyb77
Nov 9, 2007, 10:18 PM
On 2007-11-09 19:04, mizukage wrote:

Shadow the Hedgehog is awesome. I got it for $10 and only spent 30 minutes on it before it ended up somewhere eatting dust..

Speaking of Shadow the Hedgehog.. I believe it would be awesome if some of the old Sonic characters or villians show up in a future update/release of PSU as a SEED-infected villian or boss. What do you guys think??

put the Crack/opuim/weed plant combo down and run, not walk to the nearest cliff and .....

mizukage
Nov 10, 2007, 01:02 AM
On 2007-11-09 19:18, buzyb77 wrote:

On 2007-11-09 19:04, mizukage wrote:

put the Crack/opuim/weed plant combo down and run, not walk to the nearest cliff and .....

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 10, 2007, 01:31 AM
On 2007-11-09 16:56, mizukage wrote:

Wat?

I even hoped that Square-Enix would release an offline mode for Final Fantasy XI. I got FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2, and FF12. It would be nice if there is FF11 offline, but there isn't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

By the way, I am going to buy a ps3 once FF13 and FF13 Versus is released in US.

Final Fantasy XI has the best stories of the FF series, too.

I really just wish Sega had given us the option for $20 downloading OR $40 in-store purchasing.

Puppet_Papaya
Nov 10, 2007, 02:32 AM
It's so easy to make fun of Shadow the Hedgehog. Really. Are people really so lacking in creativity?

D1ABOLIK
Nov 10, 2007, 02:33 AM

You forget that there are still people out there without a connection.My good friend has no ISP and never had any of his consoles online.But he loves PSO and we would play for hours.He wont buy PSU cause of how little they actually put into the offline portion.Its a shame really.PSU needs more offline free missions and clothing and just more everything.You shouldnt HAVE to be online to enjoy the full game.Thats ridiculous.Offline needs different mission difficulties to like S through C like online has.The way it is now sucks.You go to De ragan at level 15 and its level 20-You go back to him at level 100,and hes still level 20.Destroys any replay value the missions would of had.

________
Hot penny stocks (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

pokefiend
Nov 10, 2007, 02:29 PM
Seeing as though I'm a bit of a cinimatic whore, and I'm quite fond of Episode 2's story, I'm DEEPLY sadden I won't be able to experience a dramatic and intense Episode 2 when I download the Expansion November 20th. Honestly, I'd rather pay the extra 20 bucks and get my beloved cinimatic Episode 2.

I hope the upcoming English PSU:SoA and Aoti Episode 3 compensate for my loss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-11-10 11:31 ]</font>

Bliven
Nov 10, 2007, 02:41 PM
All I have to say is, if you are so adamant about playing the offline, pirate the PC version or something lmao.

Getintothegame
Nov 10, 2007, 03:12 PM
I'm a bit of an achievement guy. Not to the extreme, but I'd like it if they would have added the Offline PSU element. Now I'll have to get the PC version if I want to play with cutscenes.

I think the thing is the missing cutscenes. I'd like to see them, no matter what.

XCOPY
Nov 10, 2007, 03:22 PM
Disappointed, definitely. This expansion was the only thing that was going to bring me back to playing PSU on a regular basis again. The 360 version expansion now seems completely pointless to me. It's frustrating to me that Sonic Team took so many wrong turns with what is otherwise a legendary franchise that still has huge potential to be so much better.

Ninavask
Nov 10, 2007, 08:19 PM
I honestlu think it's flat out not fair. There are some people who can't play PSU on their PCs and have to use their 360s. It's not fair that only the PCs get the voice overs and the Xboxs get only the text boxes. Sure it's cheaper but some people would definately prefer playing the Offline with voices and not have to read textboxes for three hours.

Saner
Nov 10, 2007, 10:16 PM
we deserve the offline episode 2 mode even if they have to sell it separately.

there's no reason to not offer it to Xbox360 community, which I heard has even more people than the PC/PS2 version.
I mean like why even sell this game on multiple systems if they are gonna end up dumbing down one of the versions from the full package?

mizukage
Nov 10, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-11-09 23:33, D1ABOLIK wrote:
Offline needs different mission difficulties to like S through C like online has.The way it is now sucks.You go to De ragan at level 15 and its level 20-You go back to him at level 100,and hes still level 20.Destroys any replay value the missions would of had.

Totally agreed. It took me 5 minutes to beat the De Ragan at LV15, but when I return there at LV100 with a few capped skills, the monster didn't stand 10 seconds. Took it out so quickly...

About replay value? Its all about saving meseta, buying S-ranks, getting rares for the AOI file transfer, so.... There isn't a replay value, yet it is necessary to replay the free missions over and over again. I do it hundreds of times..

Ken_Silver
Nov 10, 2007, 10:32 PM

That line alone pwns the whole topic. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But on a serious note, I am on the PC and I pre-ordered the game and I plan to play the game offline. I never played PSO online and I still enjoyed it. Sometimes it is better to play offline if you don't want to join a party for only 1 half an hour run and then get off because you have, work/school. So I think that there is an upside to the offline mode. Besides, the PC/PS2 community is so small that we need something to make up for times when we get online and no one is there except very bad random teammates.

BanF
Nov 10, 2007, 10:56 PM
I didn't like extra mode, so I was never looking forward to a "prettier Episode 2", so I am very glad they ditched it and saved us $20.

As for the cinematics, they'll eventually be up in Youtube, with and without snarky MST3k commentary, if I ever want to see them.

mizukage
Nov 10, 2007, 11:18 PM
On 2007-11-10 19:32, Ken_Silver wrote:
Sometimes it is better to play offline if you don't want to join a party for only 1 half an hour run and then get off because you have, work/school.

The only reason why I play offline would be that I don't have the correct payment methods. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Most banks don't sell prepaid visa or mastercard. And also the fact that most bank's debit cards don't have visa or mastercard logos. I do know every available alternatives, but its too much of a hassle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-11-10 20:20 ]</font>

buzyb77
Nov 10, 2007, 11:49 PM
On 2007-11-10 11:29, pokefiend wrote:
Seeing as though I'm a bit of a cinimatic whore, and I'm quite fond of Episode 2's story, I'm DEEPLY sadden I won't be able to experience a dramatic and intense Episode 2 when I download the Expansion November 20th. Honestly, I'd rather pay the extra 20 bucks and get my beloved cinimatic Episode 2.

I hope the upcoming English PSU:SoA and Aoti Episode 3 compensate for my loss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-11-10 11:31 ]</font>

if you love CS in your RPGS i suggets Blue Dragon (3 Disks)..I find it Funny and Eternal Sonata. I have preorede Mass Effect.... and I will Buy Lost Oddesy (5 disks and 20h at least CS..) but the way that PSU does it is...my god...will you please pull my hair out for me as CS that I cant Skip as they are pointless and that I have to push a all the time to forward WTF.. and the the Recapse...and the Chapter Structer... as far as the Voice acting goes..keep it... as all it does is allow people without online to see what they missed.

Damn Folks....giv it up on the Voice acting... and get Bioshock...Now that game has good voice acting...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzyb77 on 2007-11-10 20:52 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Nov 11, 2007, 01:13 AM
On 2007-11-10 20:49, buzyb77 wrote:
[
Damn Folks....giv it up on the Voice acting... and get Bioshock...Now that game has good voice acting...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzyb77 on 2007-11-10 20:52 ]</font>
Yeah,and about one days worth of fun with no replay value whatsoever.Day 1=amazing game.Day 2=coaster

________
Lincoln navicross specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Lincoln_Navicross)

Pengfishh
Nov 11, 2007, 01:35 AM
On 2007-11-09 00:32, Skuda wrote:
I'm on PC, but I think the opposite. I'd rather have PSU for $20 without the offline option. I've already beaten Episode 2 online. If I ever feel like beating it again, I'll just do the story missions.

Agreed.

mizukage
Nov 11, 2007, 05:17 AM
On 2007-11-10 22:35, Pengfishh wrote:

On 2007-11-09 00:32, Skuda wrote:

Agreed.

2nd.