PDA

View Full Version : n00b needs a little help

Chaosgyro
Nov 9, 2007, 04:02 AM
I'm fairly new to PSU having only finished story mode and gone online a few days before 1 UP hit the servers. I'm a PC MMO veteran of roughly 10 years now, but some specifics in PSU keep baffling me.

I have a mid-30s Beast fF(2) that I made not because I like "LOLBIGNUMBARZZ!" but because I like "LOLBIGAXES". I spent nearly my entire (meager) bankroll on a heavily discounted Ank Tomho and Anga Redda, and in the spirit of proper anticipation I pulled it out. It promptly turned to me and said, "Hah n00b! I'm not just slow I'm downright pokey, and can't hit jack #@%*. SUX 2 B U LOLXORZ!!!!!111oneone". Yeah...back to knuckles.

Now I face a problem. Fortefighter is a disappointment, Fighgunner leaves me with a tacit fear of being a Darth Maul impersonator, and I believe I've awoken more than once in a cold sweat from a nightmare of being a fT. I've mentally narrowed my list to WT, AF or GT. The choice is essentially one of weapon selection, so any input you kind folks could give me on what rocks and what doesn't - including the PAs worth buying if possible - would be a wonderful help. Likewise, I've been leaning towards CAST and Beast on race because I can't see that humans or newmans gain anything appreciable in exchange for no SUV/blast, but I would gladly defer to the greater wisdom of the group. (stop staring, a little flattery goes a long way and you know it!)

My second issue has a much easier answer I imagine. Currently I play on the 360, but night after night of hearing groupmates carry on conversations with roommates, turn bad songs worse by singing them off-key, or listening to 7 year olds swear like a sailor with Tourette's has turned me off to voice chat. Also, I'm building a new high-end PC that should be able to handle anything PSU could throw at it. I'm thinking about buying the PC AoI version and was wondering if the controls feel forced on a mouse/keyboard, if the community on the PC/PS2 servers is appreciably different, and if I lose access to the non-AoI mission content without PSU-base installed.

Thanks in advance for the help.

lethe
Nov 9, 2007, 04:08 AM
We'll beasts dont have great accuracy to begin with and the axe has the lowest Att acuracy of the Fortefighter weapons, which means you'll hit more zeros, FF and Fighgunner are very very different and most players dont get that, when your FF you can take lots of damage, when your Fighgunner you cant, which means you cant go into big groups of the tougher enemies as a Fighgunner and know youll make it out, now I play on the 360 and i would be more than willing to help you, on the 360 its best to find a group of ppl to play with and stick with them becuase random parties mean random assholes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif if you need any help send me a friend request at gamertag : Manic Mudkip

Ive got 2 characters at around the 35 mark and a lvl 95. and dont worry, im not a seven year old who swears like a sailor with tourettes XD, although i like that analogy

RappyRobot
Nov 9, 2007, 04:15 AM
well to your first ?

beast + fortefighter = pwnage plain and simple. you will always have accuracy issues but as u lvl it will get better. ultimate axe art is amazing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (well against bosses and big enemies) dont give up on the fortefighter beast with an axe. I have one they rule. and I would supplement your inventory with spears and the ultimate pa Dus Majarra. (even more pwnage and more accurate than axes)

basically focus on spears till u get some lvls ans ata then play around with diff arts. ultimate fist pa is good 2 but not till later

2nd ?

I have pc version and I just bought a logitech controller 4 it. runs great and no keyboard craziness. keyboard conmtrols are not half bad and are going to get better in aoi but i prefer the gamepad. leave the keyboard for your fps's

also u do realize you will have to restart if u go to pc right? xbox doesnt share servers with ps2/pc. so make your choice now before you go to crazy on xbox only to have to start over in aoi pc

Kufell
Nov 9, 2007, 04:22 AM
I'd be willing to help you out with runs on 360 too, got a level 96 Cast Fortefighter, probably going to be doing quite a few B runs to get the Rappy Suit, so feel free to join for the exp.

RappyRobot
Nov 9, 2007, 04:26 AM
also no on the loss of aoi content. aoi 4 the pc and ps2 crowd is going to be its own game and will not require the psu disc at all. I' giving my psu disc to charity or using it as a frisbee. so all you gotta do is buy the game, install it, and download the necessary patches and go nuts. I luv my pc

Turb0
Nov 9, 2007, 11:49 AM
Well I started Fortefighter then ended up going Fighgunner so at least give it a shot. Also, don't give up on voice chat, there's people like that on every game you just have to find some good people to play with.