PDA

View Full Version : Plea for some to start soloing C ranks in 1UP for 10s

Rizen
Nov 9, 2007, 09:11 AM
With this being the last week of 1UP and we are short 2 million points for the final goal, I thought I might ask for people who are bored with the event, done rare hunting, or willing to work on alts to start doing solo C ranks to help rack up points for the total score.

Reasons to do this is: Easy EXP and MP.
Quick easy money.
Easy Partner Machine food. (Great time to make Striking and TECH Pms).
Easy gathering for Weapon/Armor synths.
Last minute Rappy feather hunt.
Help out with the current point deficient.

I'm only asking that people do this if they really want to see the 5 mil marker. If enough people are able to do this, we might start seeing some sort of increase in a short time. SO SPREAD THE WORD!

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 09:14 AM
If I was bored with the event, Rizen, I'd be at Sleeping Warriors S2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif We've gotten all the rewards I'm terribly interested in. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

pikachief
Nov 9, 2007, 09:14 AM
if i still didnt want crea doubles, rucar, sweet death, gihaza-zashi gaozaron rods, shigga desta, bil de axe, gur bazga, and hyper vipers.... i would help.

but i still do want those so sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EDIT: im pretty sure the FINAL: reward isnt that great.

Also i dont think we could ever got 2 million points in 1 week. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I just wanna hit the 4 mil point marker.

also i laugh at people who'd rather make their character look good than have good weapons to help out their team ^.^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-11-09 06:15 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 09:21 AM
And I laugh at people who'd rather keep items for themselves to sell or for their alt than help their team. I don't need the synthesis increases - the next things I'll be synthesizing have a 99% success rate.

I'd be a lot more enthusiastic about "yay, help the community get rewards!" if the community was worth being enthusiastic about.

Rizen
Nov 9, 2007, 09:25 AM
On 2007-11-09 06:21, Remedy wrote:
I'd be a lot more enthusiastic about "yay, help the community get rewards!" if the community was worth being enthusiastic about.
It has to start somewhere. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

pikachief
Nov 9, 2007, 09:26 AM
On 2007-11-09 06:21, Remedy wrote:
And I laugh at people who'd rather keep items for themselves to sell or for their alt than help their team. I don't need the synthesis increases - the next things I'll be synthesizing have a 99% success rate.

i hope your not talking about me! I've already lost a har quick 2 sori-senbas a 50% A rank my ank bico and over a mil and a bunch of other stuff to my friends ^.^ (and my first S rank board -_-)

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 09:29 AM
I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the community as a whole. In the previous three weeks, I've met one person willing to offer the Fortecher in their party (me) an actual "rare" item that's obviously FT-oriented instead of keeping it to sell or for some stupid alt or something, and that's not even getting into all the forum trolling I have to deal with from both this and the official forum community, the slander sites made against me, and so forth.

When the community changes to be worth helping, I'll start helping.

Almighty_Envy
Nov 9, 2007, 09:34 AM
Today i was actually going to solo some C ranks, except Moatoob, for PM food and to get the 10/10 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
Nov 9, 2007, 09:40 AM
3mil is all I needed.

The hell with the rest.

Theoderic
Nov 9, 2007, 09:53 AM
If anyone is up to doing some C runs, please don't solo them. I want to get multiple Song For Death, and was going to take a noob character through the missions, getting 10s. Anyone who wants to take a high level character through C runs to help with the points, consider taking me along as well.

Shinou
Nov 9, 2007, 09:56 AM
On 2007-11-09 06:29, Remedy wrote:
I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the community as a whole. In the previous three weeks, I've met one person willing to offer the Fortecher in their party (me) an actual "rare" item that's obviously FT-oriented instead of keeping it to sell or for some stupid alt or something, and that's not even getting into all the forum trolling I have to deal with from both this and the official forum community, the slander sites made against me, and so forth.

When the community changes to be worth helping, I'll start helping.

I've given away so many rares I don't need to so many people its not even funny. And the same has been done to me. They're a lot of nice people on the ps2/pc either you just have bad luck finding them or its something else. But I notice you complain a lot and since you have that kind of negative attitude I probably wouldn't help you either.

Xtian913
Nov 9, 2007, 09:58 AM
The community as a whole is mostly selfish, which is why I'm so grateful to have a close knit group of friends to run with who give me 99% of stuff they can't use.

EDIT: I meant selfish, NOT selfless! =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-11-09 07:05 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 10:02 AM
On 2007-11-09 06:56, Shinou wrote:
But I notice you complain a lot and since you have that kind of negative attitude I probably wouldn't help you either.Right, because a person's actions on a discussion forum are identical to their actions ingame. :eyeroll:

Shinou
Nov 9, 2007, 10:13 AM
Remedy I've seen you in the club complaining you'd never get a har/quick and yadda yadda like it was the end of the world or something. Anyways even if you think the community isn't worth helping you should help anyways. Thats what is wrong with this world today, people believe things should be given to them before they start giving back.

RegulusHikari
Nov 9, 2007, 10:17 AM
On 2007-11-09 07:13, Shinou wrote:
Remedy I've seen you in the club complaining you'd never get a har/quick and yadda yadda like it was the end of the world or something. Anyways even if you think the community isn't worth helping you should help anyways. Thats what is wrong with this world today, people believe things should be given to them before they start giving back.

Amen. A nice friend of mine pointed out that a bunch of pixels just aren't worth /wristing about. Too many people in this damn community want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Sekani
Nov 9, 2007, 10:22 AM
On 2007-11-09 07:02, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-11-09 06:56, Shinou wrote:
But I notice you complain a lot and since you have that kind of negative attitude I probably wouldn't help you either.Right, because a person's actions on a discussion forum are identical to their actions ingame. :eyeroll:

Why would they be different? It's not like someone's personality completely and totally does a 180 just because of where they are at the moment.

(And if it does, you got issues.)

Authenticate
Nov 9, 2007, 10:37 AM
My only problem is that most of the people who ask for stuff that drops are usually the ones that throw a fit when you ask for something that drops. I'm more than willing to share, I just wish people wouldn't abuse my kindness and return the favor if something I want drops as well. When people start being greedy like that, I get greedy myself.

darkante
Nov 9, 2007, 11:39 AM
Possible to get multiple Song For Death? If i letīs say...if i complete all 4 mission with a newbie character then gives it over to my main..then recreate my newbie to do it again....will it work? X)

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah, each character can get a Song For Death.

darkante
Nov 9, 2007, 11:44 AM
Sweet..no more crappy grenade launchers then XD

RedCoKid
Nov 9, 2007, 11:50 AM
I have 3 S-rank AT/FT boards. To synth them all successfully with our current point total, I will have (0.75+0.05+0.10)^3 = 72.9% chance. With a point total of 4mil, I'd have (0.75+0.05+0.15)^3 = 85.7% chance. Difference = 12.8% to make all 3 weapons.

So by increasing our synth rate by just 5%, we'd be seeing a much larger overall effect than many of you realize. Wake up!

beatrixkiddo
Nov 9, 2007, 11:56 AM
Where are you getting the 0.05?

RedCoKid
Nov 9, 2007, 12:06 PM
That's based on the assumption that our 1up rewards will be added to the increased synth % in AoI (http://psupedia.info/Changes_in_Ambition_of_the_Illuminus#Synthesis_rat e_changes) after it's released.

APEXi
Nov 9, 2007, 01:34 PM
did my part running the colony/hive mission on C farming slyrods for a quick/free tech pm

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 9, 2007, 02:09 PM
Don't care about 1UP/10. The machinegun glitchers completely ruined it for me. I don't synth anyway.

CelestialBlade
Nov 9, 2007, 02:13 PM
I normally solo C anyway, it's faster EXP/time than A parties in my experience. Just skip the EX mission.

And saying how much a community sucks is only going to accomplish one thing: no change whatsoever. Not much manages to really get to me but one thing that does is people blaming others for something not happening, when the complainer is very well capable of instigating change yet takes no action towards it. Very hypocritical.

buzyb77
Nov 9, 2007, 02:21 PM
sorry I'll be at work...also..I aske for 2h for some to help me with Motoob... on C...and am on my LVL 52... all I got was the other Missions...WWTF oh and on B....

Soulvayne
Nov 9, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-11-09 11:09, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
Don't care about 1UP/10. The machinegun glitchers completely ruined it for me. I don't synth anyway.

I'm just wondering how these glitchers ruined it for you? Shaved too much time off the run and made it possible to reach the end boxes? Gadzooks!

I know what you mean the glitch is definetely game breaking but it'll be removed I'm not really for or against the glitch I'm mainly about getting through with the runs and making it to the final boxes as I mainly want a [B] Blackbull which is from the final boxes on Parum EX, which with the best tries that first week my group of friends and I always came 2-3 enemies short of finishing. Though that was when my friends and I were in our mid 80's level wise and we've all capped out now so it might be a breeze now.

I find it humorous to see all the various Fortetechers/Fortefighters and the like that have switched classes and had exactly 1 drumline or beam vulcanic and just rising fury in their Ranged PAs.

The one recourse of this glitch is that the economy will be a little weird; as more people should potentially be making it to the final boxes which should potentially result in more of the highly sought after items reaching the market. If you don't want to play with people using the glitch thats fine its your personal opinion but to go so far as to say it ruined the event for you; makes no sense to me. I don't want this to become some sort of flame war or anything if you would like to PM me why you think the glitch ruined the event for you I'd be more than willing to talk about it.

Noblewine
Nov 9, 2007, 05:35 PM
I've kinda gotten bored of the event alreadly. :/ I only do C because the level for the other ranks are hard ironic that the good rares are obtainable on B thru S2. The only thing you'll get in C is rare synth ingrediance and sometimes rappy feathers. I trade anything I drop but use the weapons I get in the ex-mission to lv up my PM. Also I gotten a couple of partner cards and half of the people don't contact me after I or they log off. :/

DavidNel
Nov 9, 2007, 05:42 PM
I'll be doing missions all night. I may not be ALONE, but at least I'll be helping...

pikachief
Nov 9, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-11-09 08:41, Remedy wrote:
Yeah, each character can get a Song For Death.

oh so i dont have to hunt for one for 200k? sweet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif