PDA

View Full Version : Force/Techer Questions in Aoi

StkDrowsy
Nov 9, 2007, 10:58 AM
well first off here are my questions

1. What is the point to a madoog? does it cast faster? why would u have a madoog over a wand/rod?

2. If an acrotecher casts the fastest, what if he has a har quick attached to a madoog or wand...will it really be all that much faster?

3. Is the madoog go in the wand/saber slot, or a card/gun slot?

-melgrin

Deissa
Nov 9, 2007, 11:01 AM
Well, I don't toally know about Madoogs, as I don't use a Force, but you don't use them "over" a wand, you use them WITH it, as it goes in the gun hand

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 11:13 AM
1: Madoogs are vastly faster, and have more PP than Wands, IIRC (but less TP). According to most people, there's no point to rods now that you can have Wands and Madoogs.

2: Yes, it's ridiculously fast. They can cast Gi- technics so fast that the second one starts before the first finishes.

3: Left hand.

panzer_unit
Nov 9, 2007, 11:16 AM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-11-09 08:50 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
Only when soloing, apparently, and only if you have a P-Wand.

panzer_unit
Nov 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
Wouldn't you want rods for Nos- and Dam- technics, Regrants, Megiverse?

Rizen
Nov 9, 2007, 11:24 AM
Madoogs aren't that much faster than Wands in my opinion. I have seen/watched a comparison and its not too big a difference between the two.

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 11:26 AM
Again, as with all things related to spell speed, the difference is going to show itself the most on the slowest spells. It's also most obvious when you're spamming the same spell in the same spot for a long time, since the Madoog doesn't have to reset itself to neutral between each cast, as far as I've seen.

Rizen
Nov 9, 2007, 11:28 AM
I'm suppose to recording the rest of the lv 31+ Techs today so I will ask to show casting with Rod, Wand, and Madoogs.

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 11:33 AM
Well, like I said, record a few runs of Rods, Wands, and Madoogs casting the same spell in the same spot a few times in series. I think that's where Madoogs shine - repeated spamming of stuff like Gi- techs.

Rizen
Nov 9, 2007, 12:05 PM
I think it will take quite a few casts to make a big difference though. And in a battle situation, I dont think you will be standing still for that long.

Anyway, to the OP, if you want to see Madoogs casting, check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRzgBWU_eNY

Xtian913
Nov 9, 2007, 12:14 PM
Cool video. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Question: When she was casting GiZonde, was she purposely waiting for the previous animation to finish, or is there a mandatory wait time between castings so that they don't overlap?

Rizen
Nov 9, 2007, 12:15 PM
She was just waiting.

Xtian913
Nov 9, 2007, 12:17 PM
Ah, I see. So with the Madoog's casting time being so much quicker, if she was spamming the Gi-techs, they would overlap?

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 12:25 PM
Not sure if they'll overlap on a FT, but I know they will on an AT.

galaxy
Nov 9, 2007, 12:46 PM
here are some of the draws of a madoog/wand combo that i can come up with off the top of my head:

dual elements in one slot: you can make the madoog fire and the wand ice, if you so please. saves on the palette switch (which occasionally can mean life or death) and this kind of setup would be great in, say, neudaiz for example.

one weapon charges while the other's in use: the beauty of single-handed weapons is that when your using one, the other one charges, so it'll save on cash/photon charges (i think this is right)

again, faster casting: we've been talking about this one for a while now.

in total, more PP than a rod: if you combine the total PP of both weapons, they rise above the PP on rods. so, if you simply wanted to cast one or two techs, you could put them on both weapons and have lots of casting ability.

the draw right now of rods is their increased TP, but as mentioned, this is only helpful really with dam- technics, and only really with a p-wand. we never know though, in the expansion they might release some vastly powerful rods that make significant differences with their heightened TP rates, but as it stands now, its best to probably carry both rods and wand/madoog combos. at least that's what I plan to do.

Inazuma
Nov 9, 2007, 01:15 PM
madoogs are very awesome. they have the fastest cast time, a lot of pp (between rod and wand), but have the lowest power. they are the best weapon to use for the non hold techs but rods are far from useless. hold techs are a lot stronger when casted from a rod. i like to carry both and use whichever weapon is best for the techs im casting. wands are good too, but i find myself using these the least.

the madoog/wand combo has more pp than a rod, but rods are still overall better for pp. thats b/c of the way pp charges work. you can only recover 1 weapon at a time. pp regen works a little differently in ep 2. it will recover even while you are attacking.

another cool thing about madoog/wand is it lets you afk level 2 techs at once, or double of 1. support techs can be maxed out in no time at all.

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 01:19 PM
How do you cast both techs at once? I'm confused.

And I'm still bitter about Rods being useless for Gi- techs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rizen
Nov 9, 2007, 01:22 PM
Lag casting.

Inazuma
Nov 9, 2007, 01:27 PM
On 2007-11-09 10:19, Remedy wrote:
How do you cast both techs at once? I'm confused.

And I'm still bitter about Rods being useless for Gi- techs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

in addition to a stapler holding down my A button, i wrap a rubber band around the controller, holding down the R trigger. set both buttons to turbo, and it will cast techs from both weps, as the pp recharges. works great (^_^)

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 01:29 PM
Snazzy. Good to know if I bother.

mizukage
Nov 9, 2007, 01:57 PM
On 2007-11-09 07:58, StkDrowsy wrote:
1. What is the point to a madoog? does it cast faster? why would u have a madoog over a wand/rod?

Madoog = Cute
Rod = Most useful
Wand = One-handed weapon

By the way, the madoog has the power of auto-fire. When an enemy approaches, the cute madoog will auto-fire on its own. Cool?

2. If an acrotecher casts the fastest, what if he has a har quick attached to a madoog or wand...will it really be all that much faster?

A Har/Quick cannot be attached to a weapon, but rather inserted as an armor slot. Probably yes. However, what's with the speed? If the attacks are too fast or super fast, the accuracy will be totally off and the PP drains also super fast.

3. Is the madoog go in the wand/saber slot, or a card/gun slot?

Madoogs = left-handed; card/gun slot
Shadoogs = right-handed; wand/saber slot

Madoog (Syato the Squirrel)
http://pwv.sakura.ne.jp/image/madook/syato.jpg

Shadoog (Sonichi)
http://pwv.sakura.ne.jp/image/shadook/sonichi.jpg

Remedy
Nov 9, 2007, 02:04 PM
Uh... no, both Madoogs and Shadoogs are left-handed weapons. And Madoogs don't have auto-fire, that's Shadoogs.

Also lol @ calling Rods useful.

Broodstar1337
Nov 9, 2007, 03:00 PM
On 2007-11-09 08:13, Remedy wrote:
1: Madoogs are vastly faster, and have more PP than Wands, IIRC (but less TP). According to most people, there's no point to rods now that you can have Wands and Madoogs.

Rods are more powerful and will remain more powerful. FTss have more TP than ATs, Rods are way stronger than Wands and Madoogs, and you can get 12% element rods. If you can get a hold of a quick unit, cast speed isn't much of a problem.

Inazuma
Nov 9, 2007, 03:33 PM
On 2007-11-09 12:00, Broodstar1337 wrote:

On 2007-11-09 08:13, Remedy wrote:

Rods are more powerful and will remain more powerful. FTss have more TP than ATs, Rods are way stronger than Wands and Madoogs, and you can get 12% element rods. If you can get a hold of a quick unit, cast speed isn't much of a problem.

there is about a 300 - 400 damage difference between pwand+5 and shato+10. The shato wins overall for the non hold techs, but not by a huge amount. for the hold techs, the pwand has a massive advantage however.

Randomness
Nov 9, 2007, 04:16 PM
You said you can cast fast enough to overlap Gi-techs with Madoog and Har/Quick. How close do you come to that with only Me/Quick?