PDA

View Full Version : Item distribution towards newly joined Party Members

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 10, 2007, 07:27 AM
Not really a rant, but more of a concern.

Ever noticed in PSU, when you form an on-going group and don't get any rares for some time (specifically the wanted items such as [B], units, etc.) then once you pull a random friend in, or "the new guy that joins the group," he somehow gets the most load of what you've been searching for?

It has always happened plentiful times in parties that I create or join ever since the beginning of PSU.
I just believe that the distribution system is more concerned of fresh party members and their "good time" so it distributes to them even though you have those 2-4 players who has been going at it for a longer period of time.

Ever since the start of PSU's release, I've been saying "It's always the new guy to get the rares."

... I just wonder, what If I were to go and join new parties just to get their first drop, then leave to join another. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Well, that'll be a sure way to cash in on all of the drops if all of this distribution theory is correct!

Randomness
Nov 11, 2007, 07:30 PM
Correct or not, it'll probably make you a lot of enemies, as they watch you vanish after getting a rare...

But hey, if it works, it works!

And just think of the chaos is people found out this worked, en masse. Parties would have a person joining or leaving every 10 seconds.

drizzle
Nov 12, 2007, 03:05 AM
I joined a lot of parties in all the hours I played but it never worked for me D:

Kendrik
Nov 12, 2007, 03:26 AM
If that's a serious issue for you, why not just set item distribution to ordered or random instead of finder in the mission setup? That should (if I understand the functionality correctly) make things nicer for you.

On the other hand, in my limited experience, I can't say that I've really noticed that.

Moreover, my inner-programmer/amateur-game-developer doesn't see "distribute to the new guy for incentive" as too reasonable or practical, but that's even more rooted in perspective than my thought.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 12, 2007, 07:18 AM
Yeah..being the new guy (well..girl in-character >.>) never helped me find any rares =/

I'll just throw this into the pile of other theories of how to get "rarz".

I've heard:

Placing particular decorations on certain boxes will give you more rares.

Having 3 luck increases your chances of finding rares.

and now:

The new guy has a better chance of finding rares.

I'm not trying to offend you, but I just think it's amusing if anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

What's next?

"Wait guys! Can I go back to my room real quick? I have to get my lucky Braves Jacket"

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

drizzle
Nov 12, 2007, 08:18 AM
Now that you mention it, I found a lot of rares when I was wearing my orange braves shorts!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drizzle on 2007-11-12 05:18 ]</font>