PDA

View Full Version : Now it's just starting to hurt

DrizaSiegmund
Nov 10, 2007, 02:01 PM
The enormous amount of badmouthing ppl spoke about PSU began to irritate me............................................. one year ago, NOW it's just starting to mentally hurt.

I know someone very close to me who is also constantly using the "PSO is this, PSU is not this" frequent rant, and I told this person off quite a while ago, but the ranting still goes on and I'm getting weak from it all.

Two days ago I started playing alone on a random server, the worst part is I just wanted to continually do this from here on.. so doesn't this negate the point of an Online Multiplayer Game?
I don't want to question why I like helping ppl & being around them all over again, and I don't want to be alone. But I feel like I'm not fighting an ideal, I'm fighting a Nation.. and i feel like an idiot.

Just, too many people can't be stuffed working on themselves, to assure that their attitudes don't offend anyone, now I'm sitting here questioning being around people in general.
I was going to quit PSU last night, like put my account on pause for maybe 2months (and Illuminus is just coming), and I don't WANT to because unlike soo many people I can give apreciation for a game I like, when I am playing it.

None of these people were here during the very last days of PSO, when i would sit there in a completely empty lobby WONDERING why i was soo cursed as to receive PSO 4 years too late, after everyone who lived on Pioneer2 slowly vanished i hoped soo bad that I would never feel this alone again.. and here i am in the New World feeling what occured 2 years ago.

..FFXI is such a strain, and that's the only other 'home' I have ..this is just rly upsetting me & i'm not posting here for someone to pat me on the back and tell me things aren't the way they are, you just have to know i have nowhere else to express this.

me.

AlexCraig
Nov 10, 2007, 02:38 PM
That is life for you. Sometimes people are assholes. The best thing you can do is just roll up your sleeve and continue what you are doing. Giving the game a break is not a bad idea either. Sometimes you need to get off and take a reprieve. Just be how you feel you should be and care not for those dumbasses.

I understand how you feel. Sometimes I get that way with these forums. In the end, I just say "screw it" and take a break for a while.

thunder-ray
Nov 13, 2007, 07:17 AM
I normally dont let what ppl say bother me at all i just go some where else and play with other ppl. the good thing about psu is there is a lot of ppl to play with and like alexcraig said your gonna run into alot of ppl that are ether assholes or take the game to seriously. but thas life for you if i were you i wouldnt let it stress you out i would just say screw it and go and enjoy the game, thats what psu is design for entertainment so that you can have fun playing online with other ppl and meet ppl from all over the world. sadly not everyone in the world sees it that way. they tend to bring there personal problems to the game and take them out on random ppl just because they dont have nopthing else to do other then hunting for rares or lvling their character. i really hope you dont quit though and if your gonna take a break please come back in aoi it would be nice to have another person in the game that would rather play the game for what it is designed for then bring there problems here.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 13, 2007, 07:59 AM
Well, taking a break wouldn't be a bad idea, but..just know, no matter HOW long that break is, when you come back..there will still be assholes.

As much as I'd love to tell you, "If you leave for, say..two months, then come back, they should be gone by then", that's not how it works...unfortunately.

I used to solo a LOT online with my first character because of the situation you're currently in. It eventually lead me to retiring that character. I did the same thing for a little while, with my main, then one day, I decided to randomly join a party and the guys were actually pretty nice.

After that, I sat down in my room (in-game) and thought about it for a little bit and finally came to the conclusion of, "Well..I'm sure I'll meet a lot of idiots, but...I may also meet some really nice people", so..I decided to continue partying.

There's a quote from a movie I watched recently that I'd like to share:

"You can't win forever"

"But guess what...you also can't lose forever"

So, what I'm trying to say is..even if you feel like you are losing this battle, keep trying. I have met a LOT of great people that I talk with like, on a regular basis now, because I decided to wade through the River of Morons.

With that being said..just keep trying. Don't give up hope. You may miss your chance of getting a really nice friend and someone else may miss a chance of becoming friends with you as well.

Well, I hope everything works out for you and such as it has for me, with whatever you decide doing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-11-13 05:01 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 13, 2007, 09:27 AM
I tried playing PSO after playing PSU... too... god.... damn.... slow

how can anyone prefer that game to this one, especially with the AoI updates

THE JACKEL

MrNomad
Nov 13, 2007, 03:53 PM
On 2007-11-13 06:27, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

Their Fanboyism is what allows them to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jaspaller
Nov 13, 2007, 04:14 PM
On 2007-11-13 06:27, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

Preference of gameplay

Anyways to the Original poster... sure you run into jackasses. That's why you can always just... you know... IGNORE THEM? Look, every online game has it's share of jackasses, and the xbox live community is the worst. Keep at it, find a group of people you can connect with, and run with them.