PDA

View Full Version : whats so great about gur bazga?

RappyRobot
Nov 11, 2007, 02:55 AM
Before Song for death I understood the point of gur bazga. But now that song of death is out and super easy to get (I have 4 lol) whats the point of gurbazga?

Is it just 4 looks. Is That y ppl still want it? or is it something I missed. song for death has higher att, high acc, and grinds better. even the sound is not as annoying as some of the other novelty weapons. yet I still see people wanting gur bazga on the trade brds. I just want to know why lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Retehi
Nov 11, 2007, 02:58 AM
Why not?

Chuck_Norris
Nov 11, 2007, 03:00 AM
He just said why not. "song for death has higher att, high acc, and grinds better."

RappyRobot
Nov 11, 2007, 03:02 AM
On 2007-11-10 23:58, Retehi wrote:
Why not?

because its obsolete junk and harder to get in comparison. sega is handing u a better one. and u can even farm them lol.
so except for the look. there is no other reason in my eyes. But like I said just want to know what the allure is.

Remedy
Nov 11, 2007, 03:05 AM
Heck if I know, I prefer Song For Death for looks, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

(That said, I'm not a gunner, so my opinion is null and void)

Gen2000
Nov 11, 2007, 03:06 AM
It's only for looks now sadly. A shame because it looks cooler than Song of Death IMO. Even the more reason for me to get a Gur Asted, the faster I can replace SoD the better.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 11, 2007, 03:08 AM
Why do people do anything besides use Level 30 Majarra on a 100/10 Beast Male Fortefighter with HPC and 50% spears grinded to 10?

Oh right, it's a game.

Umberger
Nov 11, 2007, 03:09 AM
Because most people would rather look awesome than do 5 more damage. Or maybe they just want to have one of every S rank. I personally prefer the Bazga...but to each his/her own.

RappyRobot
Nov 11, 2007, 03:19 AM
On 2007-11-11 00:09, Umberger wrote:
Because most people would rather look awesome than do 5 more damage. Or maybe they just want to have one of every S rank. I personally prefer the Bazga...but to each his/her own.

true i see what u mean i guess. but lets see its free. it grinds better, no chance of failure, no materials used,etc. I was personally very suprised that sega made it so easy to get and only restriction was it can only be used by grenade users. Unlike that gender biased magical wand. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sylpheed
Nov 11, 2007, 07:53 AM
I would rather have a Bazga over Song for Death any day. It looks so much better than that stupid piece of crap guitar, id gladly sacrifice 4 less damage to look better. Besides i hate using items that EVERY SINGLE person in the bloody game has.

RemiusTA
Nov 11, 2007, 08:53 AM
They farm it because it looks awesome. If you recall PSO, i remember getting tons of rares that looked awesomer than what i was using but were dirtball in comparison.

I still used them. XD

Balthasar
Nov 11, 2007, 10:36 AM
For the last time, It's Song FOR Death, not "of". fufuasbbjbubas;fle

AlphaDragoon
Nov 11, 2007, 12:52 PM
On 2007-11-11 00:08, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Why do people do anything besides use Level 30 Majarra on a 100/10 Beast Male Fortefighter with HPC and 50% spears grinded to 10?

Just thought I'd mention...that this NEEDS TO STOP. I hope they realize how ridiculously powerful Majarra is and nerf it in a later patch (since it seems they kept it just as cheap for Illuminus...).

Anyway, I'd rather use the Gur Bazga myself (if I was a Gunner, anyway), it looks cooler

pikachief
Nov 11, 2007, 12:57 PM
On 2007-11-11 07:36, Balthasar wrote:
For the last time, It's Song FOR Death, not "of". fufuasbbjbubas;fle

no i refuse to use the japanese translation that sega messed up on, when it is supposed to be of but they translated it for >.<

anyways i want the bazga cuz it was my first gunner S rank that i won in a contest ^.^ i want it cuz it loooks cool, cuz it looks like a real greade launcher, cuz i think sega ruined the main p[oint of the song OF death that used to be my favorite weapon ever, and because my dad wants to use it too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

imfanboy
Nov 11, 2007, 12:59 PM
On 2007-11-11 09:52, AlphaDragoon wrote:

Just thought I'd mention...that this NEEDS TO STOP. I hope they realize how ridiculously powerful Majarra is and nerf it in a later patch (since it seems they kept it just as cheap for Illuminus...).

Anyway, I'd rather use the Gur Bazga myself (if I was a Gunner, anyway), it looks cooler

Trust me, there's much cheaper to come in AotI - the first Slicer PA, the STORE Slicer PA, is so powerful that there's a 'gentleman's agreement' to not use it unless the party is speed running, that's how fast it kills, well, everything.

pikachief
Nov 11, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-11-11 09:59, imfanboy wrote:

On 2007-11-11 09:52, AlphaDragoon wrote:

Trust me, there's much cheaper to come in AotI - the first Slicer PA, the STORE Slicer PA, is so powerful that there's a 'gentleman's agreement' to not use it unless the party is speed running, that's how fast it kills, well, everything.

and my friend thinks i kill to fast with a Xbow! XD lololool cant wait till he sees meh super slicer next tuesday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (if he tells me to stop using it i'll just start using majjara, if he tells em to stop with that i'll pull out a megistride and the ultimate Xbow! XD )

Neith
Nov 11, 2007, 01:05 PM
Haha, I'll be using that Slicer PA as much as I want. I only tend to play with friends anyway, so it's no issue. Majarra is too broken, yet people have no issue spamming that now.

As for Bazga, the only point of it is looks, but personally I'd rather use a massive cannon that looks like it got ripped off a tank than a guitar case.

imfanboy
Nov 11, 2007, 01:10 PM
On 2007-11-11 10:05, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Haha, I'll be using that Slicer PA as much as I want. I only tend to play with friends anyway, so it's no issue. Majarra is too broken, yet people have no issue spamming that now.

As for Bazga, the only point of it is looks, but personally I'd rather use a massive cannon that looks like it got ripped off a tank than a guitar case.

Even friends get cheesed off when you kill an entire level 120 mob in a single combo before they get any hits in, dood.

Seriously - one of my friends is soloing Grove S2 as a Fortefighter with it. He can tear apart the robots with it and do it faster than a Fortegunner using killer shot. Something about that screams "Rebalance me! Rebalance me!"

XDeathX
Nov 11, 2007, 01:18 PM
On 2007-11-11 10:10, imfanboy wrote:

Even friends get cheesed off when you kill an entire level 120 mob in a single combo before they get any hits in, dood.

Seriously - one of my friends is soloing Grove S2 as a Fortefighter with it. He can tear apart the robots with it and do it faster than a Fortegunner using killer shot. Something about that screams "Rebalance me! Rebalance me!"

Hello Fortefighters answer to the machinegun glitch.

RappyRobot
Nov 11, 2007, 02:15 PM
On 2007-11-11 10:18, XDeathX wrote:

Hello Fortefighters answer to the machinegun glitch.

yeah but thats getting patched in aoi. no more machine gun glitch, but majarra is stayin the way it is.

pikachief
Nov 11, 2007, 02:19 PM
wat? fortefihgters being better than fortegunners!? THIS IS MADNESS!

Remedy
Nov 11, 2007, 02:38 PM
They always have been, the damage from DoTs aside. Now it's just polarizing.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 11, 2007, 05:29 PM
Song OF Death looks silly. It's not even a cool kind of silly like beating enemies senseless with a giant tuna or explosions that just sound like some guy going DAKAAN! (that's like KABOOM! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). It's fricking stars, rainbows and music notes. This aint a magical girl show, a hippie freakout or an Activision game cartridge box/label, dammit! I'll take the badass cannon, and due to the reduced ATP I just need to be more badass to compensate.

Carlo210
Nov 11, 2007, 05:43 PM
You're playing Phantasy Star Universe, which has one of the most preteen colorful good-times art direction of any game out today.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 11, 2007, 05:53 PM

my Nova has true soloed grove s2 in 31 minutes, all enemies. I doubt any fortefighter could do that.

Ken_Silver
Nov 11, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-11-11 14:29, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Song OF Death looks silly. It's not even a cool kind of silly like beating enemies senseless with a giant tuna or explosions that just sound like some guy going DAKAAN! (that's like KABOOM! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). It's fricking stars, rainbows and music notes. This aint a magical girl show, a hippie freakout or an Activision game cartridge box/label, dammit! I'll take the badass cannon, and due to the reduced ATP I just need to be more badass to compensate.

LMAO. For that, you win the thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I can't use either since I am a WT, so I'll probably sell mine to someone who can give the launcher a good home... that and that I am broke.

Remedy
Nov 11, 2007, 07:03 PM
This aint a magical girl show
*looks at my FOnewearl with her Magical Wand*

Errr... Jife? You sure about that, mang?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 11, 2007, 07:17 PM

Not really.

It's more like screaming "Yay, melee classes finally do stupidly high damage like they should have always done!"

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 11, 2007, 07:28 PM
On 2007-11-11 16:03, Remedy wrote:

This actually brings me to my next point. If you wanna be all Moon Spiral Pretty Sammy Mew Mew Strawberry Bell Bell Puni Puni Shortcate Momo Heart Special Whateverthefuck, you break out that magical wand. Now can anyone who uses that wand actually USE that rainbow grenade for further mahou shoujo goodness? No? Then what is it good for besides for making extreme stat whores look like clowns? (Waitaminute, that actually might not be such a bad idea...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-11-11 16:30 ]</font>

Dragwind
Nov 11, 2007, 07:29 PM
Uh, I think it looks cool. I'll be using mine alongside Song for Death.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 11, 2007, 08:07 PM
On 2007-11-11 16:28, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

On 2007-11-11 16:03, Remedy wrote:

This actually brings me to my next point. If you wanna be all Moon Spiral Pretty Sammy Mew Mew Strawberry Bell Bell Puni Puni Shortcate Momo Heart Special Whateverthefuck, you break out that magical wand. Now can anyone who uses that wand actually USE that rainbow grenade for further mahou shoujo goodness? No? Then what is it good for besides for making extreme stat whores look like clowns? (Waitaminute, that actually might not be such a bad idea...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-11-11 16:30 ]</font>

hahahah, I love it when you bash girly stuff in the game. Never fails to amuse me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-11-11 17:08 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Nov 11, 2007, 08:14 PM

Oh right, it's a game.

Says the man who strips down to the banana hammock, dons a long billowy cape, and floats around on his spear with Brave Fight blaring in the background.

... I should totally render that in Flash.

*ahem*

Anyway, I plan to use my Song for Death only when the aesthetic situation calls for it (see: music videos, humorous comics/situations/etc). I'll either get a Gur Asted or Bazga if I need a launcher.

KRKcl17
Nov 11, 2007, 08:35 PM
Gur Bazga just looks sweet, it's like shooting an artillery cannon >_>

LanVanDam13
Nov 12, 2007, 02:46 AM
song of death is lame i like my gur barga because it looks cool and not everyone has it did I MENTION HOW COOL IT LOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Soulvayne
Nov 12, 2007, 11:28 AM
If they would have made the Song For Death more like say the rocket launcher guitar case in Desperado I would love using it. The stats are better on the thing but I really can't stand the rainbow and star it fires; and when using it while wearing a Rappy Suit it just brings about thoughts of Care bears.

I've gotten to Gur Bazga boards so far this event and I hope both come out honestly as I've always liked the "old" Fashioned looking weapons in PSO. (Yasminkov twin mechguns from PSO that fired real bullets that you got to see coming out the sides of the gun were so cool.) Even the Nug Bazooka from PSO looked cool.

Neith
Nov 12, 2007, 12:19 PM
Eh, with a Newman aF, I seriously doubt I'll be taking down Lv100+ mobs in a couple of hits with the Slicer PA. Besides, it looks pretty situational, not something that could be spammed against anything. I won't be one of the people filling pallettes with Slicers either, one should be enough (contrary to popular belief, aF does have more than one available weapon)

On-topic:
I got a Bazga board lately, gonna wait until AoI to synth it. Even though Song FOR Death is more powerful, Bazga looks incredible. I could really care less about stats to an extent, and when all said and done, SfD isn't much more powerful than Bazga anyway. I'll go bust out the artillery cannon. The guitar case can rot in my PM like the Rappy Suit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (Well, I'll use it until I get the Bazga synthed >_>)

DesertGunner
Nov 12, 2007, 12:34 PM
I gotta comment on multiple points here:

1. I have an idea! When anyone gets an idea, they fire the SfD! Like in those informative commercials, "The More You Know!".

2. I'd take power over looks any day. Would someone care to compare the critical hits of the Bazga and the SfD without any PA's on?

3. The day they make the Asteds as common as the Bazgas have been, I'll gladly get rid of my SfD. Until then, gay rainbows for everyone!!!

beatrixkiddo
Nov 12, 2007, 12:45 PM
On 2007-11-11 17:14, F-Gattaca wrote:

Oh right, it's a game.

Says the man who strips down to the banana hammock, dons a long billowy cape, and floats around on his spear with Brave Fight blaring in the background.

... I should totally render that in Flash.

*ahem*

Anyway, I plan to use my Song for Death only when the aesthetic situation calls for it (see: music videos, humorous comics/situations/etc). I'll either get a Gur Asted or Bazga if I need a launcher.

That was my point: this is a game, you play it however you like to play it. If someone prefers the looks of Gur Bazga, it's hardly a big deal that it's not as strong as the Song for Death.

EvilSlacker
Nov 12, 2007, 12:54 PM
Its great because I have one made and not a semi worthless board. Its nice to have some unique items rather than a color coded version of the generic weapon ie *7-9

physic
Nov 12, 2007, 01:05 PM
majarra isnt exactly broken, they just knew what they were doing for aoi, so it has aoi like stats. Once aoi comes out most other pas get modified, and are more powerful, making majarra not always bets choice. far as the slicer pa, its pretty powerful and useful, but it is pretty slow. anddd its a game you may get tired of ranging stuff all the time.

Rashiid
Nov 12, 2007, 01:42 PM
Why not have both?

Any why does every topik have to somehow involve Majarra?

LanVanDam13
Nov 12, 2007, 03:45 PM
so can u get a good trade for gur bazga board and gun ( i have both)

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-11-12 10:42, Rashiid wrote:
Why not have both?

Any why does every topik have to somehow involve Majarra?Because it's imba? *shrug*

oh god i havent said that in years

Rashiid
Nov 12, 2007, 03:57 PM
I'm not too hot with the new acronyms; whats 'imba' mean?

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 04:03 PM
On 2007-11-12 12:57, Rashiid wrote:
I'm not too hot with the new acronyms; whats 'imba' mean?New? Imba has been around since EQ, lawl.

Imba is short for imbalanced, as in broken, stupidly overpowered, full of lame and cheese, etc.

Rashiid
Nov 12, 2007, 04:32 PM
Ahh, I see. Thank you for elaborating http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Dragwind
Nov 12, 2007, 04:37 PM
I'll still use my Song, oddly because I think the guitar case looks rad. Just wish instead of an acoustic sound that we got an electric sound instead.

Sylpheed
Nov 12, 2007, 05:07 PM
On 2007-11-12 13:37, Dragwind wrote:
I'll still use my Song, oddly because I think the guitar case looks rad. Just wish instead of an acoustic sound that we got an electric sound instead.

Crazy Tune comes to mind.