PDA

View Full Version : Room Hackers?

Galaxia
Nov 11, 2007, 06:29 AM
Hi everyone.

Not had chance to get my game yet probs be friday now but somone told me that theres a robot in ya room that ya can lvl up and ppl can break into ya room and reset it to lv 0!!! That true?

February
Nov 11, 2007, 06:36 AM
It hasn't happened in a REALLY long time. It may not even be possible anymore.

Galaxia
Nov 11, 2007, 06:39 AM
0.0 I don't get why ppl hack games >.< just stupid if ya gonna play then earn it not do somting to ruin other ppls time >.<

Kelvie
Nov 11, 2007, 06:59 AM
Someone on the official board said two days ago that it happened to him recently.
It may in fact be back, be careful.

Galaxia
Nov 11, 2007, 07:17 AM
How do I know what to look out for?
And how to stop it!

Syl
Nov 11, 2007, 07:21 AM
Bleh, sounds like someone trying to mess with the community to me.

Uh, pretty much, if you really have the urge to keep them from getting you, just don't go around handing out cards to randoms. Only open up a shop if you really have to, and then just make it on an alt. Nothing you can really do besides that

Galaxia
Nov 11, 2007, 07:26 AM
Sounds good to me!
Thanks!
I wouldn't give my card out anyway, Well not unless it was somone from here or a friend I knew.
Shop on alt sounds good!
How do I egt a shop anyway?

Rizen
Nov 11, 2007, 09:45 AM
You pay 10k for a Open shop ticket from the 2nd floor of colony in the yellow shop. IIRC.

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 11, 2007, 09:54 AM
it's still possible, but 99.9% of hackers playing aren't going to bother with it. I highly doubt the story that it happened, and if it did, the hacker probably had something personal against the guy. Most hackers around somewhere nowadays do stuff that doesn't affect the community as a whole, but don't think that they're not out there. They're in every online game, the smart ones just keep it to themselves

THE JACKEL

Galaxia
Nov 11, 2007, 10:10 AM
Still pretty sad tho if ya gotta hack the game to be any good >.<

Rizen
Nov 11, 2007, 10:12 AM
Most people who do it, do it to be lolfunny or an asshole. Anywho, thats my say in the matter.

CelestialBlade
Nov 11, 2007, 11:36 AM
Heeeeeeeeere we go again, now you won't be able to shop in any player shops due to lockdowns.

Wallin
Nov 11, 2007, 11:39 AM
FYI, here's the topic Kelvie mentioned. http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=53372

I don't buy into it either, not when it seems to only have happened to one person in the last 3 days. Otherwise the hacker must have a lot of patience if he hopes to do mass damage over time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And my suggestion since you're new to the game, make an alternate character with a PM you won't level, one you probably won't plan to play for a while, and open the shop on that character. Then you can level your PM on your main character and not have to worry about someone bombing the one in your shop since they won't be able to find your main room without having your card.

Edit: P.S. - This is a legitimate reason for wanting more than 4 character slots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif That was you can open a shop on a dummy character and still have 4 pure PMs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-11-11 08:41 ]</font>

DarthRuin
Nov 11, 2007, 11:57 AM
On 2007-11-11 07:12, Rizen wrote:
Most people who do it, do it to be lolfunny or an asshole.

bingo

Indica
Nov 11, 2007, 03:10 PM
The main person Ryuk aka- Greed who did the majority of Room Hacking is gone.

He was dumb enought to give me his legit Account and password in hopes to give me meseta so I could re-activate his account due to his Credit Cards being banned.

I deleted all his characters took all his loot. He'll never get that account back either cuz the Password is changed and under a different owner now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Indica on 2007-11-11 12:16 ]</font>

BanF
Nov 11, 2007, 03:12 PM
Right now everything's under control, so don't worry about it. Even if the hackers manage to break back in, the facts you're a newcomer and that the community is 400+ strong mean it's unlikely you'll be targeted.

DraginHikari
Nov 11, 2007, 03:18 PM
Really I haven't even heard about it... really alot of the hackers that were widespreading everything just dont' seem to be around anymore.

Remedy
Nov 11, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-11-11 12:10, Indica wrote:
The main person Ryuk aka- Greed who did the majority of Room Hacking is gone.

He was dumb enought to give me his legit Account and password in hopes to give me meseta so I could re-activate his account due to his Credit Cards being banned.

I deleted all his characters took all his loot. He'll never get that account back either cuz the Password is changed and under a different owner now
...wow. I want to meet you in real life and buy you a beer (assuming you're 21+ and drink).

You're a real PSU hero.

Indica
Nov 11, 2007, 03:38 PM
Im 21+ I originally thought I was doing a legit deal to help someone out untill I found out who he really was.

I definatly do feel like a Hero to help clean scum crime from the game. We actually did a few runs together reacently during the 1up event.

Remedy
Nov 11, 2007, 03:39 PM
Did we? Go figure. :3

If you're ever in Dallas, look me up on AIM. Like I said, I owe you a beer. Taking that prick down is possibly the best thing I've heard of anyone doing on PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hokokaru
Nov 11, 2007, 03:46 PM
lol I wont mind if my PM is zero'd lol I did that months ago XD

Dragwind
Nov 11, 2007, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't worry about it unless you're hated by someone and get targeted. Otherwise, it doesn't seem like a noob friendly glitch that idiots can use anymore.

Da_trader
Nov 11, 2007, 04:58 PM
the funny thing is ryuk is still around ,that account u deleted was an alt account he had gotten from another person. i was just talkin to him in the game so technically all u did is stop him from gettin another account for free which aint do much cause he still playing on multiple accounts so eh atleast he aint room hacking

Reipard
Nov 11, 2007, 05:02 PM
I want to see someone hack into another's room just to deposit 5 Jao decos into their PM. Nothing more, nothing less. All that trouble just to do that.

I'd like to see it just once.

CelestialBlade
Nov 11, 2007, 06:49 PM
Well, y'know, Ryuk's never gonna die as long as his name keeps appearing in every freaking hacking thread in existance. You think little kids like him aren't in it for the attention? Getting tired of hearing about the guy like he's some sort of celebrity/god.

Paranoia continues to reign supreme.

Raine_Loire
Nov 11, 2007, 07:30 PM
Hmm, I saw a guy named Ryuk today... and yesterday I saw a guy named Ryuker... the day before that I saw about 5 Ryus. Lets not use a specific name like a hacker has it trademarked... If I saw on a board something saying "Tatiana is a hacker, and I saw her the other day" I wouldn't be happy... just cause a hacker happens to have the same name. This isn't FFXI, more than one person can have any name!

majorgamer55
Nov 11, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-11-11 03:29, Galaxia wrote:
Hi everyone.

Not had chance to get my game yet probs be friday now but somone told me that theres a robot in ya room that ya can lvl up and ppl can break into ya room and reset it to lv 0!!! That true?

ya girl it hasnt happened in so long, ya dont gotta get worried, ya man its cool, ya keep playing now, no worries ^_^
ya dam those hackers ya kill tha game ya!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

pikachief
Nov 11, 2007, 07:42 PM
On 2007-11-11 16:40, majorgamer55 wrote:

On 2007-11-11 03:29, Galaxia wrote:
Hi everyone.

ya girl it hasnt happened in so long, ya dont gotta get worried, ya man its cool, ya keep playing now, no worries ^_^
ya dam those hackers ya kill tha game ya!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

that also has only happened for PC/PS2 players http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

F-Gattaca
Nov 11, 2007, 07:53 PM
On 2007-11-11 08:39, Wallin wrote:
Edit: P.S. - This is a legitimate reason for wanting more than 4 character slots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif That was you can open a shop on a dummy character and still have 4 pure PMs.

Props to that!

On 2007-11-11 15:49, Typheros wrote:
Well, y'know, Ryuk's never gonna die as long as his name keeps appearing in every freaking hacking thread in existance. You think little kids like him aren't in it for the attention? Getting tired of hearing about the guy like he's some sort of celebrity/god.

DId you ever happen to see a few years back when PSO:BB was in its beta stage, people begging for RyuK and Broomop to wipe out Sega's computers just because the beta didn't allow people to play Episode 2 or 4?

I don't think anything I've seen since has managed to top the BSoD I had from reading it.

On 2007-11-11 16:30, Raine_Loire wrote:
Hmm, I saw a guy named Ryuk today... and yesterday I saw a guy named Ryuker... the day before that I saw about 5 Ryus. Lets not use a specific name like a hacker has it trademarked... If I saw on a board something saying "Tatiana is a hacker, and I saw her the other day" I wouldn't be happy... just cause a hacker happens to have the same name. This isn't FFXI, more than one person can have any name!

Which is why people can see the IDs of characters, and why it's important to get a screenshot of the violator with the ID visible.

Noblewine
Nov 12, 2007, 12:50 AM
On 2007-11-11 08:39, Wallin wrote:
FYI, here's the topic Kelvie mentioned. http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=53372

And my suggestion since you're new to the game, make an alternate character with a PM you won't level, one you probably won't plan to play for a while, and open the shop on that character. Then you can level your PM on your main character and not have to worry about someone bombing the one in your shop since they won't be able to find your main room without having your card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-11-11 08:41 ]</font>

If that will prevent hacking then hopefuly it will end the problem of stupid players trying to ruin real gamers fun.

Ken_Silver
Nov 12, 2007, 01:44 AM
so this apparent hacker resets your PM's level? I thought it was something more dangerous. With my PM at a low level, its no big deal. As for the Random card giving, I have little to no choice as I am online as such random times that I have yet to meet anyone from the PSOW community. That and the reality that I am still new around here and all... but hey Rome wasn't built in a day. Besides, I don't make enemies online. There's no fun in being hated. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BanF
Nov 12, 2007, 10:53 AM
Well, other hackers have also emptied the common box and the storage/shop, so don't think they aren't dangerous to anyone's hard-earned loot. Just remember that right now they're still neutralized.

Saner
Nov 12, 2007, 11:01 AM
well sometimes locking your room helps. with a really complex code. =P

PMB960
Nov 12, 2007, 03:03 PM
I thought the idea with most of this was that they can get into your room regardless of a password or not. I think the best way to stop this stuff is too just bring your valuable weapons and meseta with you instead of leaving it in your room.

Tigerram
Nov 12, 2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, needless to say I'm not handing my card out anymore. I had myself a nice 34% 2 headed ragnus up for sale/trade, and someone came in and hacked and got it! I swear I knew who these people were, because I'd knock every single tooth out of their mouth in RL!

Ryoki
Nov 12, 2007, 04:44 PM
Lol, you guys get so worked up about hackers. I really don't understand what you have against them. I really don't mind if someone makes items that aren't released, etc. In fact, if you noticed, it helped our database.

I remember, people used to confuse my name with Ryuk...someone even mailed me "Can U make ME FLOAT?"...>__> lol

Honestly, everytime a topic like this comes up, someone mails me going "OMFG LOCK YOUR ROOM!"
However, usually it's nothing..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-11-12 13:47 ]</font>

Saner
Nov 12, 2007, 04:46 PM
the trouble is when they steal or delete something you own.

now that isn't funny.

Tigerram
Nov 12, 2007, 05:20 PM
On 2007-11-12 13:44, Ryoki wrote:
Lol, you guys get so worked up about hackers. I really don't understand what you have against them. I really don't mind if someone makes items that aren't released, etc. In fact, if you noticed, it helped our database.

I remember, people used to confuse my name with Ryuk...someone even mailed me "Can U make ME FLOAT?"...>__> lol

Honestly, everytime a topic like this comes up, someone mails me going "OMFG LOCK YOUR ROOM!"

What Saner above said. Like I said, I had a 2 headed Ragnus that I LEGITAMATELY found! Even though these 1up missions help us find items well enough, it still takes time and work to find this stuff. When you have a fucking idiot like a hacker who comes in and takes your stuff, I wouldn't call that nothing. It's one thing not to worry about it when it doesn't happen to you. When it does, it pisses you off. Period.

So needless to say, you can go on about helping our database and blah blah blah, because that is just a phailed opinion. I don't want nothing that isn't legitimate in the game. The stuff I want is what I find, what Sega gives us every update, and look forward to the game's future on what's in store. Our database is just fine now, and not to mention, AoI is going to give us even more. I like this game a lot, and I don't think it's going to make you very happy when people come to your storage and make themselves at home.

I'm not afraid of hackers, I personally just think they are azzholes. I hope the jackass hacker is reading this, so I say to you...F-you, and leave people's shit alone!

Noblewine
Nov 12, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-11-12 13:44, Ryoki wrote:

No offense but hackers are people who cheat and make the online version unbalanced so it's not like they are helping anyone but themselves. <.<

Ken_Silver
Nov 12, 2007, 05:53 PM
I don't think that people should run away, lock the door, hide their partner cards and shun the world, neither do i want to be so oblivious that I walk into my room and it is cleaned out. The end result of this argument is to see what Sega is going to do about it. If Sega can make the rooms stronger against hackers and offer out stiff punishments for hackers, then maybe the lure to hack can be nipped in the bud. Besides, even though some hacks are funny and cool to know about; that kind of power does something to the people who learn how. Food for thought: Absolute powers tends to corrupt absolutley

Pikku
Nov 12, 2007, 06:09 PM
My friend's room just got hacked last night while he was on a mission.
They didn't reset PM, but they changed the message, and PM's name.
It was changed from "Shina Shino" to "YOU JUST GOT PWNED"

Items were taken from his room and two decos.
2 Songs Of Death, Rappy Suit, Rappy Mode, 30 Rappy Feathers, 160k, Rank A Axe, Rank A Spear, Rank B armor, and Rare Synthesis Items.
The message changed from "I have your photon needs, come and buy." to "Rappy Feathers Dirt Cheap. Synthesis items even cheaper. Send more money, I'll send your item."

Took a while but we checked the visitor log and noticed one person that he doesn't know was in his room last night while he was on a mission.
Hopefully Sega fix this problem.

Ken_Silver
Nov 12, 2007, 06:13 PM
On 2007-11-12 15:09, Pikku wrote:
My friend's room just got hacked last night while he was on a mission.
They didn't reset PM, but they changed the message, and PM's name.
It was changed from "Shina Shino" to "YOU JUST GOT PWNED"

Items were taken from his room and two decos.
2 Songs Of Death, Rappy Suit, Rappy Mode, 30 Rappy Feathers, 160k, Rank A Axe, Rank A Spear, Rank B armor, and Rare Synthesis Items.
The message changed from "I have your photon needs, come and buy." to "Rappy Feathers Dirt Cheap. Synthesis items even cheaper. Send more money, I'll send your item."

Took a while but we checked the visitor log and noticed one person that he doesn't know was in his room last night while he was on a mission.
Hopefully Sega fix this problem.

Seriously? That is freaking scary, with the expansion comming and all. How horrific. I thought that the hacks had finished up long ago or something. Not that recent. If someone touches my Sonic statue, I'm going to go blue blur on their... well you get the point. But still, that's not cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

easy
Nov 12, 2007, 06:29 PM
hi i am new here bin playing pso on dreamcast and gamecube now xbox360 i say if you want the
items weps cheat and get them you payed for the game F**K sege 1st you cannot copy the now
the weps are not your F**K £7.00 to play online here in the uk a F**King rip off But i do not think people have the
right to seal your weps and items and hack your player
kill you in battle and so on

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2007-11-12 15:31 ]</font>

easy
Nov 12, 2007, 06:53 PM
hi can you tell me something if you do not pay for a month or more do you lost your player
weps items lv and that if so a think this games (F....D)

Wallin
Nov 12, 2007, 07:41 PM
On 2007-11-12 15:13, Ken_Silver wrote:
Seriously? That is freaking scary, with the expansion comming and all. How horrific. I thought that the hacks had finished up long ago or something. Not that recent. If someone touches my Sonic statue, I'm going to go blue blur on their... well you get the point. But still, that's not cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

As a victim of Ryuk's last spree, I've found that it's not so scary at all. Not getting hacked is actually pretty simple.

1. Make your shop on an unplayed alt so that you don't have to worry about PM bombing or letting someone have direct access to a good character's storage. Since this means that you can only have 3 pure PMs on your other characters, I recommend making the shop's PM a pure Ranged one since that's both fast and cheap to make in AoI, and isn't a big deal if you lose it.

2. The only access to your non-shop characters is through your player card. Don't hand out your card to people you don't know or don't trust. (This seems like common sense, but it's easy to throw caution to the wind because this is a video game) Another common sense bit, just because someone gives you their card first doesn't mean you have to give yours back. If you don't think you're going to party with them again, courtesy is entirely irrelevant, if they're insistent on getting your card, it's even more suspicious. You're free to accept theirs and look them up again in the future if you feel like it.

3. Your shop should just be a shop, not your glorified trophy room - seriously, people are only going to stop by your room with the intention of buying from it or hacking it. It's very rare for people to go to shops if they're not already searching for something, and they could care less about 99mil rares and event items if they can't steal them. Don't put any decorations in the room you aren't willing to lose - you can buy a lot of nice ones from the Colony shop for cheap.

4. Don't ever leave anything in the common box or your storage that you aren't willing to risk losing. If you're transfering items, do the transfer immediately, I recommend never leaving anything in there overnight, or more than 5 minutes for that matter. Don't ever store a large amount of money in there thinking your characters can take it out as they need it, someone else will take it if they can whether they need it or not.

5. As in #3 and #4, the same applies to your shop. There's always this forum and the Sega forums if you have a really expensive item to trade, or post a message in your shop saying you have the item for sale and to mail you for details.

#5 may seem a little extreme (the others might as well), but it's up to you how much risk you want to take. I would trust Sega to fix the bugs and compensate quickly and/or fully for any lost items no more than I would trust hackers to leave my room alone in the first place - it's no better than real life, you can't leave valuables out in the open or leave your front door unlocked just because 911 exists. They're your items, you decide what to do with them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-11-12 16:47 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 12, 2007, 07:57 PM
Clumsyorchid wrote:

Haven't read the full thread, but since this is the active discussion destination I'll make a reply here.

Obviously we take this type of issue very seriously and will be gathering more information as we go. We have two actual reports and a lot of rumors circulating. If anyone else has experienced this issue, we highly recommend sending in an Abusive Behavior report in the URL below:

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php

Regarding Patch vs Gameguard, the ongoing battle, I would like to point out that we have released patches in the past to address security concerns, and we will do so again as needed.

It seems I address this monthly, but here goes again. Cheat prevention is a 3 part process, we have Gameguard, patches, and GMs. These three systems work hand in hand to prevent action in game, and address problems as they come up.

PSU is no different than every online (and offline) game and software release in existence, it has bugs and exploits that need to be addressed as time goes on. Fixing one issue does not always make the problem go away, but it does fix that one particular problem or method. As we find more information about this problem, we will address it in any means necessary to resolve the problem.

Thanks for reading, please do send us information if you have it. Forms can be submitted anonymously if you so choose.

-from Official PSU forums(there is a thread about it there)

Ken_Silver
Nov 12, 2007, 08:07 PM
thanks for the advice, Wallin. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It is sort of sad, that we have to take these measures but better safe than sorry is the rule. At the moment, I don't have any cool selling items in my room (that I want) but I do want to keep my room decos. So I'll have to take the necessary precautions.

HFlowen
Nov 12, 2007, 08:09 PM
Clumsy has to make that post like, every other week because someone starts a dumbass rumor and people freak.

BlackHat
Nov 13, 2007, 12:43 AM
You can still crack into peoples PMs, take Decos, and open up the common box.

Not widespread anymore though.

Wait for AoI.

Wallin
Nov 13, 2007, 12:54 AM
On 2007-11-12 21:43, BlackHat wrote:
You can still crack into peoples PMs, take Decos, and open up the common box.

Not widespread anymore though.

Wait for AoI.

-Edited-

Let's just hope it stays quiet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And did they actually address security issues in AoI? I didn't think they did, I could be wrong though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-11-12 21:56 ]</font>

MasterD
Nov 13, 2007, 01:14 AM
sup im a guardian knight on 360 and t his guy named zeo is saying that i hacked him and his friends are spaming it everywhere but it just makes them look like scrubs they are doing it for handouts before the update i think they should be banned but who am i DOKU?????

MasterD
Nov 13, 2007, 01:19 AM
oh yea i almost forgot Recurring Nightmare with reckanize as the leader is a scamer clan and Ztnoluck has proof or so i heard through the grapevine i would just like to publicaly say sionara to those bums byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

rN_MasterPimp
Nov 21, 2007, 05:37 PM
Nice of you to publically post something you heard through a "grapevine".
We are just a group of friends who like to play for fun just like everybody else.
There's no way any of these people (Crash/Parallax/Reck etc.) are scammers.
Don't know if you have some sort of personal vendetta against any of us... either way you're a fuckin' nerd.

StrongFiend
Nov 21, 2007, 05:43 PM
>.> how did you know it was him >.>