PDA

View Full Version : An Elitist Am I

F-Gattaca
Nov 12, 2007, 12:02 AM
According to some on PSU, apparently so. It's left me WTFing at the whole thing.

Since I hit the cap, I've been working on getting my off-main Raul DiUragano up to the level of a certain group of people I know, but it's been hard.

For a past few days, one person (whom I won't name) was exceptionally passive-aggressive about this point. He knew I my frustration with the behavior of people on Uni 02 during this week of 1-Up (when it comes to A-rank runs, good luck finding randoms who will take people under level 90). For example, his accusing me after the G Colony mission week ended that I was "always with 90+s" as a not-so-subtle accusation of not only elitism, but hypocracy.

Uh ... what? As you can guess, that really pissed me off. In fact, anything like this tends to piss me off, people jumping the gun in an eager attempt to catch me in the act of hypocracy when it's baseless--no matter what and where it is. Like that one guy a few days who claimed I abuse the SMG glitch just because I said I use a lot of B-rank SMGs.

Here's some random screenshots of my leveling splurge during the G Colony week and just prior, as F Gattaca. Does this look like the hallmark of a "90+ elitist" to you?

http://www.adultimum.net/studio/screenshots/iamanelitisthuh.jpg

And that's certainly not the extent of the range of levels I partied with during my run, since I don't screenshot every party I'm in. However, I--rather indignantly--let this guy know that I ran with whomever and whoever could do the A-rank missions. Not "elitist 90+ only parties" like he's been accusing me of.

His response?

"Whatever, dude, you're the one who had the elitist attitude last week."

His whole accusation of elitism hinged on one e-mail from me when I was in a party headed up by Trinitaria; he asked if I was in a run and I replied that it was a high level one too (because the others were all 90+ at the time). Ironically, right before I joined one switched out for a lower level alt. Yet, it seems no amount of facts can get through to people like this.

Since I couldn't get through to this blockhead, I've decided to not give him the opportunity to harry me again on PSU. Put him on a bus to Blacklistville.

Has anyone else ever had to put up with crap from obnoxious jerks like this?

EphekZ
Nov 12, 2007, 12:18 AM
hell, be happy you're "an elitist". It means you have the rep of being a good player. Who cares what some Uni 2 nubs think.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 12, 2007, 03:54 AM
Sorry to hear that F Gattaca =/

I actually went through it a little bit once I hit the cap as well. All of the sudden, it's like..these guys just came out of NOWHERE and started harassing me once I reached level 100. They started calling me an "elitist" and a "noob".

No, I don't claim to know everything. I will however back up statements which I believe are true, based on factual information or something I have SEEN with my own eyes.

And..elitist? Not quite. I was called one though when partying with this one guy, just for saying, "Man I'm so glad my Svaltus came out successfully >.>". I wasn't saying, "Haha! Bet you wish you had one of these, huh? Well, too bad ^_^" or anything like that.

I like telling people about my accomplishments, such as reaching level 100 finally and telling people about my Svaltus Sword being my first S rank, like..ever. However, I don't go around claiming to be better than someone else because I AM level 100 or because I have a Svaltus Sword.

Why? Because I used to be their level at one point as well. I can't stand people that call those lower than them "weak", even though..they were at that level too at one point. I don't do that though.

I guess it's just something everyone goes through once reaching the cap. My guess is, some of these guys are jealous (for whatever reason) and they feel the need to insult you in some way, so it will make themselves feel a little more important.

Other than that..

your guess is as good as mine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Darkly
Nov 12, 2007, 07:08 AM
Times like these i miss pso, it just felt friendlier. Whenever I saw someone with nice s-ranks i almost looked up to them, or i said to myself one day i'm going to get that weapon... today people are filled with jealousy, people insult you just because you have better equipment - why?

this game isnt hard, it requires time more than anything to accomplish things. So why call someone a n00b just because they played the game a little longer than you really goes beyond me.

Not to say i hav'nt seen a few nice people who say wow i want to level up that pa your using now because it looks awesome, it's just too many people in this game are so obsessed with themselves that they condesend anybody else.

Neith
Nov 12, 2007, 08:03 AM
On 2007-11-11 21:02, F-Gattaca wrote:
(when it comes to A-rank runs, good luck finding randoms who will take people under level 90).

I know what you mean. It's even worse when you're a 'gimped' character race/class. Believe me, getting a party with a Lv68 Newman Fighgunner is almost impossible.

Has anyone else ever had to put up with crap from obnoxious jerks like this?

Yeah. As soon as you get a post count on here, you automatically get dubbed an elitist by people who don't know better. Even people on here have called me one, and haven't even played with me before http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I think you'll always get people who just decide an opinion of you, and refuse to change it, regardless of how jaded it is. In game, I don't get called one often, but it had happened. In fact, I was in a party for A, and someone invited a Lv40. I asked the leader "oh, are we doing B? That guy's not high enough for A yet", and was met with the Lv40 saying "fine, go play A, you goddamn elitist". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

It's stupid really, and the "Lv90+ only for A" during the cup is annoying. I appreciate that a team of 90+ players will reach EX end boxes easier, but you're also completely phasing out any Lv55-8X players that might want to level up too. I've been having to rely on friends to help me level lately because I can't get a party at all on Uni 2.

drizzle
Nov 12, 2007, 08:21 AM
Why do you people get all the elitists, I join a party with 3 level 100s with my level 59 alt and they thank me for joining D:

Trinitaria
Nov 12, 2007, 09:10 AM
I will just go straight to the point.

Level =/= Skill

This is a fact, when you use your brain to find solutions to problems that can't be solved by Brute force alone, then you already are above most other players in the system.

Simple as that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

amtalx
Nov 12, 2007, 09:28 AM
That sucks...he can get over it. Admittedly though, I've kind of been an elitist for the last week. I'm all for partying and having fun, but I want nice items too. I changed my party from my usual running buddies and got more items and meseta in 3 days than I got in the last 3 weeks combined. Honestly, I think my friends just need to step it up sometimes...

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 12, 2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah. I think people really need to have a more optimistic viewpoint of this. I'm agreeing with you guys here, but I mean people we meet everyday in-game.

For example:

You're level 56 and you see someone who is level 100, wanting to be with a higher level group now, because he has already spent the last two days helping out his friends level on B and such, so it's time for him to worry about his OWN needs now.

However, when requesting a high level party, the level 56 will quickly snap and label the person an elitist, without a second thought about it. That person won't care if you've practically acted as a Saint. You have high level equipment and you're looking for a high level party, therefore..you MUST be an elitist.

I can't stand that type of attitude, really. You know what my reaction was when I saw a level 100 character for the first time? I walked up to her, congratulated her, then said, "One day, I hope to be that level too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif".

Instead of dubbing her an elitist, she was more like an inspiration. If someone is a higher level than you or has better equipment than you, don't bash them for it. See that person as someone you would like to be one day, shaped into your own form.

I don't know how this will come across to some of you here when I say this, but..I believe reaching level 100 should get you a little more respect, not make you lose some. Why am I being looked down upon and treated like trash, instead of being looked at as a good role model to give someone the inspiration to keep trying?

I'm not saying, "Treat level 100 people like Gods" or anything like that, but...running into guys who are a MUCH lower level than yourself and getting talked down to, like you're supposed to be looking up to THEM for guidance, is a bit of an insult to me.

See..when those people reach level 100 one day, they will be happy about it, but then they will get upset because people are going to start calling them an elitist just like they called someone else a long time ago.

I guess the only way people like this will learn is if they walk in our shoes and see things from our perspective for a change, instead of just from their own.

Mystil
Nov 12, 2007, 11:03 AM
These 90+ only parties are going on the notion that they will always complete the EX. You'd need outstanding weapons and strong enough armor to cancel flinching to pull that off.

I havent ran into any "lvl100 hate" yet but I know it's there. If we don't get 10 in a mission, I can sorta feel the vibe that I'm to blame >_>. "ur 100 we shud have got 10 in 5 minute runs".

Worst scenario, that player will start spreading lies about you. But it's all good, playing with enough people of varying lvl ranges, and they wont believe him a bit.

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 13, 2007, 09:22 AM
People call me an elitist, and rank me up there with Cherry, Dj, and Rena in elitism

I really don't know how I got to be considered an elitist by some, but apparently I am. It really means nothing, don't let it get to you

THE JACKEL

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 13, 2007, 12:06 PM
Very simple, but good advice Jackel. I made a thread a while back regarding some issues with that and apparently, some people still seem to think I am an elitist for whatever reason.

So, what it amounts to is..don't let what some nobodies say about you get to you. If your friends start calling you stuff like this, THEN you should start being a little concerned about it.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-11-13 09:06 ]</font>

mizukage
Nov 13, 2007, 05:06 PM
I believe the majority of the people on this forum don't like elite members..

More over, I am no elite in PSU, considering that most of the weapons I wield are B-rank only. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 13, 2007, 05:25 PM
*checks signature*

But you're level 100!

ELITIST D:!!1111

thunder-ray
Nov 17, 2007, 01:58 AM
too make one thing clear i know what it feels like to be elisted as my main is lvl 100. when i get elist i just laugh at them cuz rather then spend that time lvling your character to get there they would waste their time bitching about the fact that their not strong enough to keep. we all were in that position at one point in the game but hard work putting time into lvls you up very fast. i for one never wasted my time elisting high lvls just because i wasent lvled enough to join their party it just give me the will to improve my character and get strong enough to were i dont die alot and become a person that slows down the team. and about the hle elist thing i wouldn't let it bother me i dont mine helping people lower then me but i neeed new things as well to keep up with the other plus i need sythn items which are very hard to find.

Zarode
Nov 17, 2007, 04:23 AM
Heh. I'm actually used to the term elitist now. It used to offend me, now I embrace it, because what can I say? When you are on top, you are on top. ;/

Don't take anything to heart like that, they are usually just saying it out of jealousy.