PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so I make a fortegunner and now this happens.

Elley
Nov 12, 2007, 12:09 AM
Just recently I decided to switch from my beast fortefighter to a new character, CAST fortegunner. There is another thread here stating that SEGA has favored melee in the past, and it seems to be happening all over again. (the whip video thread)

Are the gun based classes going to be left out? Should I not even waste my time leveling up fortegunner and just swing an axe? I like both the fortegunner and fighter about the same, and I really rerolled for a new race more than anything.

EphekZ
Nov 12, 2007, 12:22 AM
No, stay as fG. For one; all their bullets flinch now so every weapon will become way more useful. Second, fGs are always a good help for the team, who cares if you don't do the most DPS, those SE4s and what not are always on Par with them. In higher levels at least, and that's all you should be playing for. things that are useful in C, B, even S may not be as effective in S2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-11-11 21:22 ]</font>

Carlo210
Nov 12, 2007, 12:25 AM
Everyone loves gunners. Don't worry. You may be doing less damage, but you're attacking speed, SE, damage, range, and mobility remains awesome.

Meleeing simply got funner due to being able to do critical hits if we time our attacks precisely. We also regenerate approx 1-3 pp (depending on the type of weapon you have) when we use a normal swing, so PA spamming won't be the only option.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-11-11 21:25 ]</font>

Broodstar1337
Nov 12, 2007, 12:38 AM
Sonic Team favors melee. That doesn't mean everyone does. Gunners and Techers still are very useful in the damage department (not to mention those status effects).

Shishi-O
Nov 12, 2007, 02:01 AM
...favors melee?...riiiiiiight.

i guess players don't, cuz my melee guy don't get invites.

EphekZ
Nov 12, 2007, 03:00 AM
he said Sonic Team not the PSU player base.

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:01 AM
Could always go Cast FF. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Starrz
Nov 12, 2007, 03:10 AM
Or Beast Fortegunner.

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:35 AM
2nd best ATP race in ATP-oriented job? Okay
Worst ATA race in ATA-oriented job? Uh....

Starrz
Nov 12, 2007, 03:36 AM
lol

drizzle
Nov 12, 2007, 04:04 AM
lol, there are no ATA oriented jobs.
Gunner = ATP, every race gets more than enough ATA for them.

Syl
Nov 12, 2007, 04:15 AM
Believe it or not, your ATA is very important as a gunner. Just cause you have a ton ATA doesn't mean you can just toss it aside, it DOES show up.

You'll be seeing tons more doughnuts as a beast fG that it'll be kind of pointless to ignore that lack of ATA compared to any of the other races.

CelestialBlade
Nov 12, 2007, 06:37 AM
The only reason all this Ranger hate is beginning to come out is because we can't match the DPS of a Fortefighter and we don't do BIG NUMBARZ LAWL like a Fortetecher.

We're the unsung heroes, the players that play a big role in winning the game but never get talked about because we don't have the leading stats, we support from afar. It may always seem like we're the personal bitches of Hunters and Forces, but trust me, they hate being without us. We are Rangers, and god dammit we are made of win.

Neith
Nov 12, 2007, 06:54 AM
Wait what- melee was liked? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Maybe so, but Sega with Phantasy Star has a history of giving Gunners everything on a silver platter. One of the most powerful melee weapons in PSO was usable by Rangers. With their ATA, it was stupidly good.

I only recall Rangers being totally broken in PSO (Spread Needle/Frozen Shooter= congraturations you win the game). In PSU, its the same. Ranger classes have a massive advantage over most other classes in 90% of the game. Take the 1Up Cup for example. Ragnus dies much faster with a fG spamming Grenades. Magas is a pain without a Ranger sniping his arms. Onmagoug is easily beaten if a Ranger is laying into his wings. Fakis dies faster in 1st phase if a Ranger destroys his arms to stop the shield. His 2nd phase dies faster to a RA as well, because you can nail him in the face the entire fight, whereas a HU can only make up the damage when Fakis decides to let you.

With that said though, I don't know why there's a lot of Ranger hate lately. I've always considered Rangers to be a valuable party member, most missions are much more annoying without one. What I will say though is that compared to some other classes, Rangers have it somewhat easy.

Anyway, we've had the Fighgunner hate, and the Fortetecher hate, and the Fortefighter hate, it was only natural Fortegunner/Guntecher would get it sooner or later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

amtalx
Nov 12, 2007, 08:39 AM
@UrikoBB3: Right now, you are right. Rangers are a solid choice, but that will change come AoI. I think people are mostly complaining about the Just Attack system, which essentially gives fighters a 50% boost on top of a larger ATP mod boost. Who cares about Boma Duranga when you can chain crit the dragon in beast mode or smash enemies for thousands with Jabroga? And since ATP was boosted without a making the enemies stronger, they all die so fast SE is pointless most of the time. Rangers will still have a use, but its going to be greatly diminished due to the sheer magnitude of fighter's damage output. Of course this is all speculation...

Bitey
Nov 12, 2007, 09:44 AM
Believe it or not, your ATA is very important as a gunner. Just cause you have a ton ATA doesn't mean you can just toss it aside, it DOES show up.

You'll be seeing tons more doughnuts as a beast fG that it'll be kind of pointless to ignore that lack of ATA compared to any of the other races.

Go ahead and continue make-believing that your CAST FG having hundreds more ATA above all of the other races means something.

You can test it out for yourself: a Beast Gunner versus a CAST gunner, both buffed with lvl 11+ Zodial and at the same character/class/bullet level, have the same hit rate versus average leveled mobs.

The game has an accuracy versus evasion equation that caps at a certain chance to hit; as most other MMOs do. Any gunner class, no matter what race, easily reaches that cap versus most mobs while being at a adequate character level, bullet level, and after being buffed by a decently leveled Zodial.

Even if none of that is enough for you to believe it, just ask a Fortetecher how they do with bullets after being buffed by their level 21+ Zodial. Most of them can tell you that with decently leveled bullets they have no problem hitting stuff with Bows and they rarely miss with Cards. *GASP* Surely that cannot be seeing as how in AoI a lvl 110/15 Fortetecher has 666 less ATA than a lvl 110/15 CAST FG...

Theoderic
Nov 12, 2007, 09:53 AM
Rangers only seem to retain their value in AoI during solo missions, missions with Hunters and no Forces versus melee resistant mobs, missions with Forces and no Hunters versus tech resistant mobs, and missions with enemies that are susceptible to DoT SEs, and are about level 150.

Oh and Accuracy matters so much when using guns. The accuracy modifier is a bit less than 100% on bullet arts, and the accuracy using one is lower than using a normal attack with a Saber. Melee PAs have higher accuracy mods, and those probably compensate for the lower ATA mod of a melee class compared to a gunner class. I believe someone made a post about how melee accuracy and bullet accuracy were in relation to one another. At least with melee, there is the option to attacking without the PA, for 100% accuracy should the modifier be below 100% (lol at some of the changes to melee in AoI), but guns have to be used with bullets that have nerfed accuracy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Theoderic on 2007-11-12 07:05 ]</font>

amtalx
Nov 12, 2007, 10:19 AM
On 2007-11-12 06:44, Bitey wrote:

Go ahead and continue make-believing that your CAST FG having hundreds more ATA above all of the other races means something.

I have...and I refuse to play my wife's Beast gunner because if it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif She's a freakin' donut factory. Does low ATA mean that you are going to hit consecutive 0's all the time? No. But you can see the difference if you pay attention.

Starrz
Nov 12, 2007, 03:03 PM
The people who say beast fortegunners miss a ton more than cast fortegunners are the ones not paying attention.

Pillan
Nov 12, 2007, 03:10 PM
They don’t miss a lot more, but remember that all a Cast needs is 1 extra hit every 20 a Beast gets to surpass Beast damage if there was no bonus. Thanks to the bonus, it’s more like 1 extra hit every 50.

So, yeah, you won’t be missing half the time as a Beast, but you will be missing more than enough for Casts to surpass them in damage/time.

Starrz
Nov 12, 2007, 09:07 PM
Which doesn't make or break completion time of a mission at all.

Then you have the point of nanoblasts and SUVs.

IMO Nanoblasts are a lot more useful, especially for a ranged class.

KRKcl17
Nov 12, 2007, 09:24 PM
Beast Fortegunners rape...
Just felt like adding a random tidbit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Back to your serious discussion. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KRKcl17 on 2007-11-12 18:25 ]</font>

RappyRobot
Nov 12, 2007, 09:27 PM
bottom lining it 4 u right now.

fortegunners really are the best. so dont worry. best race 4 it is cast. suv's are going to be amazing in aoi. nothing is better for status effects and the rate of fire with the right weapon and elemental advantage u win end of story. plus trap usage for those bullet resistant monsters. dont have to worry about that weapon percent crap...as long as u lvl your shots up. every weapon in aoi is going to flynch so even the lasers will be good. ultimate grenade art (cant remeber name) that sucks hp is amazing and rips apart bosses and enemies. you take less damage and get pwned less while still doing the same damage outputs (sniping is fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )
so let the hunters run in with their majarra spear and get pwned by jarbas while u sit back, sip some cocoa and kick everythings butt lol

RappyRobot
Nov 12, 2007, 09:28 PM
enough said http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RappyRobot
Nov 12, 2007, 09:33 PM
fyi i have a high lvl beast with spear arts to 30 and high lvl fo with crazy spells so i'm not just talking out my (insert body part here)