PDA

View Full Version : Master classes?

LanVanDam13
Nov 12, 2007, 02:42 AM
i been reading alot of blogs and i keep coming across "masters" what is a master class like one said gunmaster or fightmaster or magicmaster hell i dont kno inform me please

EDIT: Removed some of the question marks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2007-11-12 08:59 ]</font>

Umberger
Nov 12, 2007, 02:44 AM
We know nothing of them other than their descriptions and names. Any stats or weapon choices you come across are incorrect, or derive from garbage data offline. That's it.

ThEoRy
Nov 12, 2007, 02:45 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=158074&forum=20

heres a bit of speculation here...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-11-11 23:46 ]</font>

LanVanDam13
Nov 12, 2007, 02:47 AM
thanks i hope fortegunner gets bow because on offline the ranger has Srank bow and y cant the fortegunner use S twin handgun i mean we can use a HUGE CANNON S but not two small guns

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LanVanDam13 on 2007-11-11 23:48 ]</font>

Umberger
Nov 12, 2007, 02:52 AM
On 2007-11-11 23:47, LanVanDam13 wrote:
thanks i hope fortegunner gets bow because on offline the ranger has Srank bow

Bows are considered more of a Force weapon than a Ranger weapon (in Network Mode at least).

Reeses
Nov 12, 2007, 10:26 AM
After reading the post a while back about the "master" classes I personally think they are going to be lame. Once they come out, whos going to be any of the other classes, especially if they get S ranks in practically everything,...

The only way my friends and I said we could cope is if they did get to use every weapon known to man....just A rank. That way they are not rediculously strong...

Lamak
Nov 12, 2007, 10:28 AM
Masterclasses are just a reason for me to quit.

FlakariLeader
Nov 12, 2007, 10:33 AM
Personally, even if the master classes are the end all be all of hunter/ranger/force/acro, if I'm not able to keep all my guns I can use as a FI, I'll gimp myself and stay weaker.

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 10:36 AM
On 2007-11-12 07:28, Lamak wrote:
Ironic, because they're a reason for me to keep playing.

Kamiense
Nov 12, 2007, 10:37 AM
If Masterforce could only use Rods, Madoogs and Wands, I'd stay fT. I need my bows.

Sychosis
Nov 12, 2007, 10:37 AM
On 2007-11-12 07:36, Remedy wrote:

Truth.

Reeses
Nov 12, 2007, 10:38 AM
Well yea remedy, then you can like master every spell known to man in one job...lol

For us acros, fighters, and gunners... we'll just be a dime a'dozen... Wouldnt matter which one people picked because we can all use pretty much the same weapons...

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 10:41 AM
On 2007-11-12 07:37, Kamiense wrote:
If Masterforce could only use Rods, Madoogs and Wands, I'd stay fT. I need my bows.
The only things that Masterforce needs for it to be the class for me is 40 (or 50) Offensive techs, 40 (or 50) Support techs, and S (or S2) rank Rods. I need nothing else. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Pillan
Nov 12, 2007, 10:44 AM
Remember that anything we think we know about the Master classes has nothing to do with the actual classes. For all we know, they could just be new expert classes with a 50 PA cap in their respective areas traded for weaker base stats than their forte-equivalents, meaning that they don’t have to make the current classes outdated or act as a new tier if ST doesn’t want them to.

gryphonvii
Nov 12, 2007, 11:37 AM
maybe they will also eventually upgrade all of the other classes as well, like fighgunner could be a prerequisite for a class called gunfighter, which is what fighgunner should have been called in the first place.

amtalx
Nov 12, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-11-12 08:37, gryphonvii wrote:
maybe they will also eventually upgrade all of the other classes as well, like fighgunner could be a prerequisite for a class called gunfighter, which is what fighgunner should have been called in the first place.

The Figh- comes first because their emphasis is on fighting, not gunning.

gryphonvii
Nov 12, 2007, 11:42 AM
but gunfighter sounds so much cooler!

Zorafim
Nov 12, 2007, 11:43 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only person looking forward to being able to use techs on my fighter, or to finally be able to use twin daggers with my lance.

Not to mention there finally being a newman class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-11-12 08:44 ]</font>

amtalx
Nov 12, 2007, 11:45 AM
On 2007-11-12 08:42, gryphonvii wrote:
but gunfighter sounds so much cooler!

Agreed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Telina
Nov 12, 2007, 11:45 AM
Has anyone else noticed how most of the people who are against master classes are melee or gunner classes? Just about every force type i've talked to in game is all about these classes. although forces do stand to gain the most i suppose

XDeathX
Nov 12, 2007, 11:48 AM
Out with the old, in with the new. Soon the expert classes much like the basic ones shall become OBSOLETE.

BigBadWolf
Nov 12, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2007-11-12 07:37, Sychosis wrote:

Truth.

On 2007-11-12 08:45, Telina wrote:
Has anyone else noticed how most of the people who are against master classes are melee or gunner classes? Just about every force type i've talked to in game is all about these classes. although forces do stand to gain the most i suppose

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 12, 2007, 12:11 PM
I wanna see how ST intends to limit the masters, if at all, before I submit my opinion that everyone is just dying to hear.

Hucast-Kireek
Nov 12, 2007, 12:34 PM
For Fighmaster, I only need S rank Spears,Axe,Doubles and Slicers...thats all I ask.

ThEoRy
Nov 12, 2007, 02:21 PM

Don't be ridiculous. Do you really think a MasterForce won't be able to use a rod? Remember that stuff is garbage data and speculation. Nothing more.

-Tidus_415-
Nov 12, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-11-12 08:45, Telina wrote:

Don't you mean hybrids? I'm against it because its fucking stupid. ST is saying "yes lets make hybrids even more useless". I hope these master classes have stupid low stat mods like the current protranser.

Lamak
Nov 12, 2007, 02:25 PM
The reason why the master class idea is stupid this: Why do you we need a few classes that can do it all, when it's a team based game? I think Master Classes can be done the right way, like a Forte Class with level 50 PA cap in the respective type and S rank access, but a low weapon selection. Everyone is acting they would put a class that can do everything. I doubt it. That's just me though

FlakariLeader
Nov 12, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-11-12 11:21, ThEoRy wrote:

Don't be ridiculous. Do you really think a MasterForce won't be able to use a rod? Remember that stuff is garbage data and speculation. Nothing more.

Read carefully.

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 02:40 PM
Theory's stating that if Masterforces don't have bows, he won't join our ranks.

Which is silly, because nukes > bows. Nosuzonde, anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LanVanDam13
Nov 12, 2007, 02:44 PM
i dont care long as they make a new gun class that can use every long rang weapon and gun S

XDeathX
Nov 12, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-11-12 11:25, Lamak wrote:
The reason why the master class idea is stupid this: Why do you we need a few classes that can do it all, when it's a team based game? I think Master Classes can be done the right way, like a Forte Class with level 50 PA cap in the respective type and S rank access, but a low weapon selection. Everyone is acting they would put a class that can do everything. I doubt it. That's just me though

It would be rewarding for those who max out all classes.

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-11-12 11:25, Lamak wrote:
The reason why the master class idea is stupid this: Why do you we need a few classes that can do it all, when it's a team based game?PSO was a team-based game and had three classes.

Pillan
Nov 12, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-11-12 11:51, Remedy wrote:
PSO was a team-based game and had three classes.

I'd argue there were 12 class types in PSO because each race/gender combination on a class doesn't change the class nearly as much as PSO. As examples, HUcaseal, RAmarl, and FOmar's speed bonuses, HUnewearls ability to use techs while HUcast can't, etc.

You couldn't play a HUnewearl like a HUcast but you can play a FInewearl like a FIcast.

Looks like the same thing as the current expert class sytem to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-11-12 12:03 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 12, 2007, 02:57 PM
PSO had classes bound to race and gender. Technically it was 12, do the ability differences within the 3 base classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Schubalts on 2007-11-12 11:58 ]</font>

FlakariLeader
Nov 12, 2007, 03:17 PM
On 2007-11-12 11:40, Remedy wrote:
Theory's stating that if Masterforces don't have bows, he won't join our ranks.

Which is silly, because nukes > bows. Nosuzonde, anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

No...that's Kamiense, Theory thought that Kamiense thought that MasterForces couldn't use rods.

Edit: ...not that it's even relevant since we have no information about them. ¯(º_o)/¯

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FlakariLeader on 2007-11-12 12:19 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:32 PM
On 2007-11-12 11:29, FlakariLeader wrote:

Read carefully.

Read this carefully.
What I'm saying is that for some reason people seem to think that shit is the end all be all. it's not. and according to that shitty list masterforces dont have rods which is ridiculous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-11-12 12:33 ]</font>
edit. In retrospect I realize that came off as way too harsh. So please accept my most sincere apologies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-11-12 12:36 ]</font>

Lamak
Nov 12, 2007, 03:33 PM
Well we're not playing PSO, we're playing PSU. Right now we have classes that can do certain things or a little of two things. If there are classes that can do everything then that's just dumb.

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:40 PM
Everything else about this game is turning into PSO. (FOs doing mediocre damage, melee surpassing everything, etc.) Why not class selection? :V

FlakariLeader
Nov 12, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-11-12 12:32, ThEoRy wrote:

On 2007-11-12 11:29, FlakariLeader wrote:

Read carefully.

Read this carefully. Fuck yourself.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
What I'm saying is that for some reason people seem to think that shit is the end all be all. it's not. and according to that shitty list masterforces dont have rods which is ridiculous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-11-12 12:33 ]</font>
1st Part: Looking at your last sentence, I'm at no fault because you seemed to have misquoted.

2nd Part: I agree.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FlakariLeader on 2007-11-12 12:41 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:43 PM
"That shitty list" is garbage data pulled from the offline files. I'd give far more credence to the topic posted earlier that had a palette layout for Masterforce, Fighmaster, Gunmaster, and Acromaster, as well as requirements and PA caps.

But, y'know, people see one picture and it's ingrained into their braiFUCKMASTERFORCESGETNORODSHURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ThEoRy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:45 PM
Well hey I'm only human after all. You came off a bit condescending yourself so i in turn overreacted a bit which I then realized was a bit harsh so I then apologized. Water under tha bridge?...

RemiusTA
Nov 12, 2007, 03:47 PM
Will you people shut up already? You already know the master classes will be horribly gimped in some way (Fighter having horrible accuracy , force having zero HP, Gunner having lame damage or something), so stop thinking that sega does not know what they are doing because on the contrary to what you people keep screaming, they have enough sense to know what they should and should not do.

There isnt -A- master class, there are three. For all we know, the master classes can have the exact same weapon choices as the Forte, but just much steeper Status curves and higher PA level caps.

Use common sense.

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:48 PM
Well, every time that list has been posted, it's been noted that is garbage data, but sure. :3 Anyone that's willing to learn is a-ok in my book.

Schubalts
Nov 12, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-11-12 12:47, RemiusTA wrote:
Will you people shut up already? You already know the master classes will be horribly gimped in some way (Fighter having horrible accuracy , force having zero HP, Gunner having lame damage or something), so stop thinking that sega does not know what they are doing because on the contrary to what you people keep screaming, they have enough sense to know what they should and should not do.

There isnt -A- master class, there are three. For all we know, the master classes can have the exact same weapon choices as the Forte, but just much steeper Status curves and higher PA level caps.

Use common sense.

4 actually. Acromaster.

RemiusTA
Nov 12, 2007, 03:50 PM
You people are arguing over SPECTULATION. Its retarded. You know absolutely nothing of what they will be able to use or if they will even gain new weapon choices.

Garbage data left over from the PREVIOUS game should tell you the data is absolutely useless.

Edit:

Oh there are 4? Great, even more leverage to tell you your arguements are useless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-12 12:51 ]</font>

majan
Nov 12, 2007, 03:51 PM
what are they?I will make a long obnoxious story short.

there is an update in a few months coming in AOI that will feature "3 new battle types". based on information gathered by hacking into the CD to see all of the compiled data inside of it,apparently it was found that there is data that exists for something called "master classes",so common sense says that the 3 classes mentioned are said master classes.there is tremendous speculation about how they will be classes that will completely encompass all fields,such as gunners who can use good melee and technics,and vice versa with techers and fighters.in reality all it will probably end up being is juiced-up stats and level 50 PA caps for select types,namely gunning,teching,and fighting,with not much more versatility among the classes than what weve already seen.
or it could be something completely different,the truth is,noone knows.

but its hard to imagine that a "master fighter" will be called such because he can not only fight well,but use technics and bullets well too.

wait and see,but dont get your hopes up too much.this idea has been blown extremely far out of proportion and will probably not be as huge and gameplay-changing as everyone is making it seem.

Lamak
Nov 12, 2007, 03:51 PM
I'll make this as simple as I can for everyone who cares about what I have to say.
THERE IS NO POINT TO MASTERCLASSES.

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:53 PM
There's no point to Fortechers, either (come AotI, that is, aside from causing epileptic seizures). We exist. *shrug*

Also, the JP PSU site has announced that sometime in 2008, three new battle types will be released. Five shots of this delicious-looking Jose Cuervo in my fridge says those will be Masterforce, Fighmaster, and Gunmaster.

RemiusTA
Nov 12, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-11-12 12:51, majan wrote:

wait and see,but dont get your hopes up too much.this idea has been blown extremely far out of proportion and will probably not be as huge and gameplay-changing as everyone is making it seem.

It seriously has. Tremendous Spectulation is absolutely no reason to be so strung out of shape.

Why the HELL would a "Master Fighter" be able to use the same weapons as a "Master Gunner" ? Not only is it spectulation, its RETARDED spectulation.

The only thing i can see them doing for the Masterclasses are making them just what they say --Master Classes. They never said Omnifighter or Godfighter, and they never even hinted that the weapon choices would change.

I can see the complaining if they said "OGM MASTERGUARDIAN ALL SRNK LAL" and Broke the game, but you guys are SERIOUSLY blowing this out of proportion.

And everyone keeps saying Fortechers are useless. I have not ever once complained about my Fortecher's damage output.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-12 13:00 ]</font>

LanVanDam13
Nov 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
fortetechers are great i love them in my party and as for the master classes none of this is fact they never mentioned master class just 3 new battle types thanks for info MAJAN

Rayokarna
Nov 12, 2007, 04:17 PM
Why did my topic have to be brought back from the dead, I got enough stick from most of the community anyway.

*sigh*

You people can complain about how the masterclasses will make the other classes obsolete and w/e. Look, we aint got them yet, I shoved out an idea and most tried to ground me into hell cause of that theory. Look here's a newsflash, it ain't happened yet and it wont for a while. If they turn out the way you dont like it, then quit if you dont like. Cause reguardless of how the masters come out, as long as I can change back to PT if I dont like them, then I'm happy, see you all in the topic saying "These classes are shit, there for N00bs" cause all I'll be doing is laughing...

Geez its only a game.

ThEoRy
Nov 12, 2007, 04:31 PM
PSU is serious business...

Dragwind
Nov 12, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-11-12 13:31, ThEoRy wrote:

LOLQFT.

Ryoki
Nov 12, 2007, 04:38 PM
Lol, PSOW is so hilarious.

Psycho_Sonic
Nov 12, 2007, 05:05 PM

XD *high fives ThEoRy*

majan
Nov 12, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-11-12 12:53, Remedy wrote:
There's no point to Fortechers, either (come AotI, that is, aside from causing epileptic seizures). We exist. *shrug*

Also, the JP PSU site has announced that sometime in 2008, three new battle types will be released. Five shots of this delicious-looking Jose Cuervo in my fridge says those will be Masterforce, Fighmaster, and Gunmaster.

I disagree.the 31+ exhibit video gives me new hope for fortetechers.if they can still cast that fast with a har/quick and 31+ spells that will be doing heavier damage,there still is hope for them as masters of doing TECH damage over the faster-casting acrotechers.

lister the tormentor will be a fortetecher(or whatever suceeds it as the main teching class) until the day the servers for this game have been shut down.

my fighgunner on the other hand,it depends.if humans ever surpass casts stats-wise as fighgunners(because they get the class-race bonus which eventually will be quite formidable at very high levels) then I will immediately switch to either fortefighter or fortegunner,or whatever surpasses those classes.call me an asshole elitist but I refuse to be outdamaged by a human after spending all that time levelling a cast for ATP and ATA advantages that eventually would have been crapped on by the puny "versatile" humans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif .

but yes,no info is concrete about this whatsoever.all of what you see is what we have been deducing.there is some stuff that would make sense and probably would end up happening,and still can be wrong of course,and then theres some "speculation" that has gone far off the charts in terms of anything plausible in a balanced videogame.

and yes,this videogame, PSU, is serious fucking business.you can pretend its not,but then check your browser's address bar.you are on a website about it posting on a forum about it.

serious business.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-11-12 14:29 ]</font>

BigBadWolf
Nov 12, 2007, 06:14 PM
On 2007-11-12 14:27, majan wrote:

I disagree.the 31+ exhibit video gives me new hope for fortetechers.if they can still cast that fast with a har/quick and 31+ spells that will be doing heavier damage,there still is hope for them as masters of doing TECH damage over the faster-casting acrotechers.

Acrotecher tech damage is the problem, it's their melee damage. Acrotechers with their low ATP stat melee will completely dwarf FT's Lv. 40 Tech damage. Since this applies to all classes, tech damage in parties will be worthless.
Damage techs Themselves my not be worthless, because all techs and bullets get a flinch effect, and a lot have special effects like burn, and incapacitate.

Unless Sega rebalances the classes (which they won't) techer's only hope is that they reabsorb the broken classes back into Master forms so we won't have to choose between gimped damage and healing.

Yeah PSU is a game, but investing $100s in monthly fees and 1000+ of our human life span only to get your class jacked is definitely not f---ing funny.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigBadWolf on 2007-11-12 15:22 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Nov 12, 2007, 06:17 PM

ditto

Shishi-O
Nov 12, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-11-12 07:44, Pillan wrote:
Remember that anything we think we know about the Master classes has nothing to do with the actual classes. For all we know, they could just be new expert classes with a 50 PA cap in their respective areas traded for weaker base stats than their forte-equivalents, meaning that they don’t have to make the current classes outdated or act as a new tier if ST doesn’t want them to.

th

Ken_Silver
Nov 12, 2007, 06:27 PM
and yes,this videogame, PSU, is serious fucking business.you can pretend its not,but then check your browser's address bar.you are on a website about it posting on a forum about it.

serious business.

You, my friend, win best post of the day award http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Let's get this guy an award http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

In terms of all of the hub-bub, I'll be a WT until the end. I just like how the class feels and how it can do everything that I want a class to do for me. Sure people can play whatever class they want but remember: each player differs from one to another. One WT is a lot different from another WT. It is hard to group people just based on stats. Remember that folks.

Soukosa
Nov 12, 2007, 06:31 PM
More pointless assumptions and arguing over this again? Why does everyone continue to think they're gonna be expert job types when it'd be much more logical if they were a whole 'nother tier of job types? Why does everyone keep thinking they'll be even more specialized than the fortes? Do you all need reminding how much FF is generally hated because its so bent towards melee and sucks in so many places? (In most people's minds at least) If anything, they'll be another tier of job types that use the expert jobs as prereqs and make use of what the expert jobs can do. i.e. They're not gonna be specialized at all but the master version of all of the jobs before them in that particular realm. PSU's sliding towards being like PSO. PSO had anything but high specialization. Wake up people.

On 2007-11-12 12:53, Remedy wrote:

Oh noes! You can't have the strongest support spells while completely pwn0rzing everything with Dam Barta. Poor you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif If you feel that there's no point to FTs than you must suck at the job.

On 2007-11-12 15:14, BigBadWolf wrote:
Acrotecher tech damage is the problem, it's their melee damage. Acrotechers with their low ATP stat melee will completely dwarf FT's Lv. 40 Tech damage. Since this applies to all classes, tech damage in parties will be worthless.
Damage techs Themselves my not be worthless, because all techs and bullets get a flinch effect, and a lot have special effects like burn, and incapacitate.

Ah, another good example of no one that knows what they're talking about. Keep up the good work. If anything, FT is actually quite stronger in Illuminus than it has been before. The raise in TP to counter balance the adjustment to the elemental system means that you'll be doing more damage when not using an advantageous element. The mods on many techs also got raised. That video showing off whip damage with some high percentage whip is pretty much the same damage an FT could do with Nos Diga 20 at several levels lower. Techs are hardly nothing to laugh at. Just because you can't crit on command doesn't mean they're damage is sucky. Pure nuking power is the main advantage of FTs since a well equipped one (which won't even be hard to do) will be able to get those techs off far more often than any melee will.

Shishi-O
Nov 12, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-11-12 12:50, RemiusTA wrote:
You people are arguing over SPECTULATION. Its retarded. You know absolutely nothing of what they will be able to use or if they will even gain new weapon choices.

Garbage data left over from the PREVIOUS game should tell you the data is absolutely useless.

Edit:

Oh there are 4? Great, even more leverage to tell you your arguements are useless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-12 12:51 ]</font>
i

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-11-12 15:34 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Nov 12, 2007, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry Wolf but I have to disagree with ya there(big surprize huh). Tech damage by fT's in a party will not be worthless. Currently, against opposite elements my Ra techs hit 3 targets for about 1200-1500 for around 3600-4500 a pop. Let's not even get into Gi techs.. Come AoI my job class goes up to 15 and my attack techs go up to 40. Not to mention the TP boost I'll be receiving the minute I update to AoI. How can you possibly call that damage worthless?

XDeathX
Nov 12, 2007, 09:59 PM
On 2007-11-12 12:33, Lamak wrote:
Well we're not playing PSO, we're playing PSU. Right now we have classes that can do certain things or a little of two things. If there are classes that can do everything then that's just dumb.

Well, those who have all their classes maxed out to 15 or 20 shall be rewarded handsomely and it is smart for them

pikachief
Nov 12, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-11-12 18:59, XDeathX wrote:

On 2007-11-12 12:33, Lamak wrote:

Well, those who have all their classes maxed out to 15 or 20 shall be rewarded handsomely and it is smart for them

i just think they're like their Forte counter parts just stronger with lvl 50 PAs >.> lol

Pillan
Nov 12, 2007, 10:11 PM
On 2007-11-12 15:31, Soukosa wrote:
Why does everyone continue to think they're gonna be expert job types when it'd be much more logical if they were a whole 'nother tier of job types?

Because anyone can argue that it’s just as logical, if not more, that they’ll be a new flavor to the current tier. Why would ST go through all the trouble of rebalancing the expert classes, increasing their PA caps, and increasing their level caps just to make them outdated 5 months later?

It sounds to me like they intend to do a lot more with the current classes and add even more customization options, which is what everyone that doesn’t play Newman fT seems to want.

But anything either side of the argument contributes is just wishful thinking with no real justification, so the best thing to do is just wait and see what happens and deal with it when we get to it.

PSU's sliding towards being like PSO. PSO had anything but high specialization. Wake up people.

On 2007-11-12 11:57, Pillan wrote:
I'd argue there were 12 class types in PSO because each race/gender combination on a class doesn't change the class nearly as much as PSO. As examples, HUcaseal, RAmarl, and FOmar's speed bonuses, HUnewearls ability to use techs while HUcast can't, etc.

You couldn't play a HUnewearl like a HUcast but you can play a FInewearl like a FIcast.

Looks like the same thing as the current expert class sytem to me.

On 2007-11-12 11:57, Schubalts wrote:
PSO had classes bound to race and gender. Technically it was 12, do the ability differences within the 3 base classes.

Yep, no specialization whatsoever… I would argue the classes are the races and genders in PSO while the races and genders in PSU do the equivalent of what MAGs and materials did to class customization in PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-11-12 21:13 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 13, 2007, 12:03 AM
Oh noes! You can't have the strongest support spells while completely pwn0rzing everything with Dam Barta. Poor you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif If you feel that there's no point to FTs than you must suck at the job.No, it's more a matter of having the worst damage over time output of any class in the game (only exception I could possibly see is GT) while also having sub-par support power. If our damage bites and our support is outclassed, why bring a FT at all?

biggabertha
Nov 13, 2007, 02:35 PM
Attacking TECHNICs never miss (unless you physicially miss the target with your spell), you can carry all of your potential with you instead of running home to grab more melee weapons like the fighters and you can hit things all around you unlike the gunners.

Also, aren't Fortetechers and Forces the only ones who have access to Rods? Reduced cost to TECHNICS and faster PP regeneration makes them last longer in the nuking department, sure, damage may not seem anywhere close to a fighter using Dus Majillion or Dus Daggas but in all honesty, that and Renkai-Buyou Zan is all most fighters know how to do to pull away in the damage department.

Carlo210
Nov 13, 2007, 03:44 PM
Remedy, you're acting like this is FFXI or WoW where a party leader puts together a party. In this game, if you aren't playing with friends, you join parties or get random invites. Some people may not invite a fortetecher and would rather pick up the acrotecher that's standing beside you, but if there isn't ana crotecher there, your fortetecher is likely to get the invite.
I was a guntecher - you'd think I wouldn't get invites as we did the worst damage in PSU v1 (and I was a cast, meaning I couldn't heal worth a shat), but I got invited to parties no problem.

Then again, pretending that PSU is as strict a game as ffxi or WoW makes these discussions more heated and interesting, right?

Schubalts
Nov 13, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-11-13 11:35, biggabertha wrote:

Also, aren't Fortetechers and Forces the only ones who have access to Rods? Reduced cost to TECHNICS and faster PP regeneration makes them last longer in the nuking department, sure, damage may not seem anywhere close to a fighter using Dus Majillion or Dus Daggas but in all honesty, that and Renkai-Buyou Zan is all most fighters know how to do to pull away in the damage department.

But...but I like using Dus Robado and Moubu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

panzer_unit
Nov 13, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-11-13 12:44, Schubalts wrote:

But...but I like using Dus Robado and Moubu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Do you wear a zippered leather mask too, gimp?

(j/k)

Schubalts
Nov 13, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-11-13 12:50, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2007-11-13 12:44, Schubalts wrote:

Do you wear a zippered leather mask too, gimp?

(j/k)

I'll have you know my mask has velcro straps! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sexy_Raine
Nov 13, 2007, 10:32 PM

Yes, it certainly is, I'm glad others agree. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BigBadWolf
Nov 14, 2007, 07:30 AM
This is how I was hoping the classes would be balanced in AoI.

melee
Fortefighter: Best Close Combat melee (ATP, DFP)
Fighgunner: Best Overall damage
Fortegunner: Best Range combat melee + SE (ATP, ATA)
Protranser: Best Weapon selection + Trap damage
Acrofighter: Best Close combat + SE (Traps (Virus), Shadoogs, Cards)

Techs
Fortetecher: Best damage class (for Newmans)
Wartecher: Best Close Combat class (DFP, Lv. 30 Gi-techs, whips)
Guntecher: Best SE class (Traps, Shadoogs, Crossbow)
Acrotecher: Best Support class

Now as far as I'm concerned the melee classes are fine in AoI. It's the tech side that has issues. The Just Attack/ Just Counter system doesn't benefit Forte/Guntecher at all.
Acrotecher's level 40 support beats out all the other tech classes and support techs to a techer is as important as skills are to a melee.
And there SE dealing Lv. 30 melee whips steps on all the other techer classes toes.

You can argue with me that it's not true, but you can't say that the techer classes are even close to as balanced at the melee side come AoI.

This is because all the melee classes benefit from Just Attack/Counter system in some way, and their weapon specialities do not overlap with each other enough to be stepping on each other toes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigBadWolf on 2007-11-14 04:50 ]</font>

Sasamichan
Nov 14, 2007, 07:36 AM
I believe the Master classes is another name for offline Hunter, Ranger, and Force. Just another rumor some n00b started.

Reipard
Nov 14, 2007, 08:34 AM
I believe the Master classes is another name for offline Hunter, Ranger, and Force. Just another rumor some n00b started.

Except they were found in the offline data for AOI, much like the expert types were found in the offline data for PSU. Only a month before Sega officially announced 3 new types.

I assure you, they are no rumor.

Rayokarna
Nov 14, 2007, 08:51 AM
On 2007-11-14 04:36, Sasamichan wrote:

errrm....ok.

I guess you haven't read up on the AOI topic then...all I can do is laugh with this statement...

...>.>

Schubalts
Nov 14, 2007, 08:55 AM
On 2007-11-14 04:30, BigBadWolf wrote:
The Just Attack/ Just Counter system doesn't benefit Forte/Guntecher at all.

This might be because all guns can flinch in AoI.

Rayokarna
Nov 14, 2007, 09:14 AM
Then again, I do thin Fortetechers get it hard come the expansion. The take away of lvl 40 Support was harsh for the fact they have given nothing back in return. For example, if the some of the lvl 31+ spells have movement effects. (for example, the Gi- techs had knock back and the Ra- techs had launch. You get what I mean.). I just think this isn't the end of FT yet, ST will see that the got there balancing a little off. Saying that, AF might get nerfed in the process due to its abnormally high stats and good amount of S Ranks to there name.

All I'm saying that FT have alot of ground to make up in the long run. I have a hunch that the power house techs(call them MasterForce if you want), will be getting the last laugh.

Reipard
Nov 14, 2007, 09:52 AM
They didn't 'lose' level 40 support; they never got it in the first place http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

BigBadWolf
Nov 14, 2007, 12:51 PM
On 2007-11-14 06:52, Reipard wrote:
They didn't 'lose' level 40 support; they never got it in the first place http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Actually in the PSU AoI Beta, Fortetechers did have level 40 support, and Acrotechers had 50, but they took that away.

Schubalts
Nov 14, 2007, 12:57 PM
And Guntechers had whips. And Acrotecher and Acrofighter had no requirements. And the forest was available. It's not a true loss if it was never added to the main servers to begin with.

GuardianElite
Nov 14, 2007, 01:20 PM
well if play that class just for lv 40 techs go Acrotecher than XP

BigBadWolf
Nov 14, 2007, 01:32 PM
Look it's not my fault, nobody reads posts anymore, the balance issues and the now neccesity for Master Classes as already been explained.