PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Hiragi-senba

Zael
Nov 12, 2007, 05:34 AM
Hmm... on AotI, is Hiragi-senba still FT-only, or can Acrotechers use it too?

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 06:00 AM
I'm not sure if it is or not, because the way it's worded on JP Wiki is different from the way any other class-specific armor is listed.

That said, I sent a message on AIM to a friend of mine that plays an AT on JP PSU and asked her to go look for one in a store and tell me. When she responds, we'll see. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiryuu
Nov 12, 2007, 08:27 AM
FT-only.

Zael
Nov 12, 2007, 03:10 PM
Dammit :/

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:13 PM
Which is funny, because as a FT, I'd rather be wearing Rabol Asted.

More EVP = More Just Counter = more Gi- spam = more win.

Lamak
Nov 12, 2007, 03:16 PM
God, Hiragi is bull.

-Tidus_415-
Nov 12, 2007, 03:17 PM
On 2007-11-12 12:13, Remedy wrote:
Which is funny, because as a FT, I'd rather be wearing Rabol Asted.

More EVP = More Just Counter = more Gi- spam = more win.

Just counter is a retaliatory attack that is initiated by an appropriately timed button press following the successful guard of an enemy's attack. This counter attack can be of any type (striking, ranged or TECHNIC), however only striking attacks will counter with a critical hit.

So...What's the point again? and also why the hell are you going to be in enemies faces? Step to the back with the gunners where you belong.

Zael
Nov 12, 2007, 03:27 PM
I'm rather annoyed because I have several high-% Hiragi-senbas I won't be able to use as AT.

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:27 PM
Correct, Just Counter is initiated after a successfully blocked attack. What do blocks run off of? *gasp* Why, it's the EVP stat! Who is the third highest (formerly highest) EVP class/race/gender combo in the game? *gasp* Why, it's the female newman Fortecher! What is the highest EVP armor that a 110/15 Foney Fortecher can use? *gasp* Why, it's the Rabol Asted! (not counting armor slotted with Orpad/Legs)

In summary: Block anything that comes at you, and you can keep a storm of Gizonde/Gidiga/Gifoie/Gibarta going as long as your timing is accurate. It's called "playing to your strengths".

Also: trimates. hurrrr

-Tidus_415-
Nov 12, 2007, 04:15 PM
Yeah...You enjoy getting owned by a pack of volfu while crying to a FI to use tornado dance to help you get out. That is if your not already dead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-11-12 13:16 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 04:18 PM
What, you mean the Volfu that only do about 200-ish damage a hit (which I can Dimate or Just Counter Resta away), assuming they're not blocked?

You're talking to the person that uses Gi- techs almost exclusively. I know how to play a front-line Force. I did it in PSO and I do it in PSU and it works just fucking fine, and Just Counter is only going to serve to increase our DPS.

But hey, you just go spinning in your little Tornado Dance. Hope the G forces don't cause any brain damage.

Dragwind
Nov 12, 2007, 04:30 PM
Heh, finally someone else who knows how to use Gi-techs. It's a WT's best tech for use in large mobs due to our also high evasion alongside dfp+hp. Being able to equip higher ranking Tenora armors is a plus as well. Gi techs ftw.

ThEoRy
Nov 12, 2007, 04:59 PM
Remedy makes a good point. Playing to your strengths is a powerful strategy. As a Newm fT high eva is a god send. Unlike fF where blocking nulls your PA, as a fT it affords you the opportunity to attack again very quickly. Especially with Gi techs. Before I had a quick unit, using this tactic allowed me to attack faster than quick users at times when heavily surrounded. Which is where I prefer to be. In the front lines, in the thick of the battle. A real Force doesn't hang back with the gunners. How can you heal the fighters from waaay back there? And contrary to popular belief you don't get knocked around as much as you'd like to believe. fT's are more resilient than you may think(eva and def buffs ftw) Slap on a good elemental armor and a / legs unit and you'll block even more, attack even faster and take even less damage. Nothing a good dimate wouldn't fix anyway. Yes fT's pop mates too. Good ones do anyway.
Come AoI I'll have well over 1000 Eva. Gimme that Tenora S rank armor and an Orpad Legs and my defense will be impenetrable!

Ken_Silver
Nov 12, 2007, 05:26 PM
On 2007-11-12 13:30, Dragwind wrote:
Heh, finally someone else who knows how to use Gi-techs. It's a WT's best tech for use in large mobs due to our also high evasion alongside dfp+hp. Being able to equip higher ranking Tenora armors is a plus as well. Gi techs ftw.

So that's how a WT should use attack techs. I hope that I remember that. I just use foie from the back (and it does suck by the way) when I decide to use attack techs (almost never.) And while I am at it, when does that high evasion for WT's kick in? I'm at level 54 and monsters smack me around like a tennis ball XO )

Remedy
Nov 13, 2007, 11:35 AM
On 2007-11-12 13:59, ThEoRy wrote:
Come AoI I'll have well over 1000 Eva. Gimme that Tenora S rank armor and an Orpad Legs and my defense will be impenetrable! Bad news: We can't wear Rabol Lefba until 111/15, assuming you're female. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif 125 DFP it requires, and we have 124 DFP at 110/15.

And yeah, I'm a Gi- technic fan. Leveled them to 21 almost as soon as they came out, and got them all to 30 in the first week of the Cup, aside from Gibarta. (It feels like it levels slower. Who knows)

Just Counter is going to be a godsend for Fortechers, and probably Wartechers who utilize Gi- techs, too... especially since you guys are gonna get 21+ Gi- techs in AotI.

LTrav2k
Nov 13, 2007, 12:52 PM
On 2007-11-12 13:18, Remedy wrote:
What, you mean the Volfu that only do about 200-ish damage a hit (which I can Dimate or Just Counter Resta away), assuming they're not blocked?

You're talking to the person that uses Gi- techs almost exclusively. I know how to play a front-line Force. I did it in PSO and I do it in PSU and it works just fucking fine, and Just Counter is only going to serve to increase our DPS.

But hey, you just go spinning in your little Tornado Dance. Hope the G forces don't cause any brain damage.

Spoken for truth, I plan to also whore just counter resta even if it doesn't crit... simply because the healing will still be good =)