PDA

View Full Version : pso timeline if any

benover
Nov 12, 2007, 06:57 AM
can some 1 tell me if the phantasy stars games and online and univerve linged in anyway or is it like the final fantasy games.basicky is there a time line from game 2 game. And when pso was out how big was the comonity and how long did it stay on line for dream cast and game cube thanks uall good night

ACH
Nov 12, 2007, 08:09 AM
On 2007-11-12 03:57, benover wrote:
and how long did it stay on line for dream cast and game cube

Untill 1 April 2007

Otis_Kat
Nov 12, 2007, 08:11 AM
I think the Dreamcast went down in September 2005.

Sinue_v2
Nov 12, 2007, 08:50 AM
PSU, PSO, and PS are not connected. Sonic Team says (I believe) they take place in the same universe, but different galaxies.

Addark
Nov 12, 2007, 11:24 AM
If they took place in different galaxies wouldn't the SEED have been threatening the planets in the original RPGs.

However, if the SEED computer and Mother Brain had actually spawned the galactic treat that the SEED we know in PSU... ooooooh. Looks like Chaz didn't kill enough monsters back in the day.

Kinako78
Nov 12, 2007, 11:31 AM
They may not be connected storywise, but they are connected in other ways. Just a few examples:

SEED
[spoiler-box]Mother Brain[/spoiler-box]
the planets that make up each "universe"
Tylor and Landale/Landeel

Sinue_v2
Nov 12, 2007, 12:13 PM
They have nothing to do with each other.

We'll have to see if the SEED are played off as a generic alien scourge just tacked on to provide monsters to kill with no real backstory or significance (which seems doubtful at this point) - of if they are an extension of the Darkness the way the GERM and D-Cellular Factor was in PSO. Because as it stands, the only two common links between PS, PSO, and PSU are the forces of Light and Darkness.

Kinako78
Nov 12, 2007, 12:17 PM
I just posted some common links. Even if they're not tied by their purposes, they're still a reference to past PS games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2007-11-12 10:06 ]</font>

Addark
Nov 12, 2007, 02:14 PM
It's kind of stupid to think that only PSO and PSU would be the only things linked... they have throwbacks to the original series, even from the items. Your Megadrive PSIs all have monomates and dimates and whatnot. If they're going to tie them all together, they're probably going to include the originals as well.

RadiantLegend
Nov 12, 2007, 02:19 PM
while you can have pso costumes in Aoi, it would have been nice to be able to meet your old characters from pso.
(XD guess you can roleplay that on Aoi..... lol)