PDA

View Full Version : I felt foolish in school today

Sgt_Shligger
Nov 12, 2007, 09:25 PM
We were discussing jokes that we find funny but others around us do not. Something that someone doesn't get because they aren't educated in the subject (wrestling, video games, engineering, etc.)

I decide to give my own example. Brilliant? My humorous joke was the term "Oh, really?" and I also explained it's spelling "orly?" to the class. "Whenever I hear that phrase I have to force back a chuckle. . . It's a running gag on a message board I visit." And as I begin another sentence, some girl cuts me off with the phrase "Oh, really?"

I started laughing. . . And no one laughed with me, they just gave me a "wtf" look http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

DizzyDi
Nov 12, 2007, 09:28 PM
LOL.
I make people laugh with Dead Baby jokes.

VanHalen
Nov 12, 2007, 09:29 PM
I started laughing in class when I heard the phrase "epic hero" from when we were reading "Beowulf" in English class. People looked at me weird ;(

Sord
Nov 12, 2007, 09:36 PM
i actually make some internet speech part of my spoken language. I literally spell out P-H-4-1-L when someone screws up at something. When people ask what I mean, I just smirk and tell them it means they failed.

Weeaboolits
Nov 12, 2007, 09:47 PM
I think the only one that snuck into my everyday speech was ;ohay. Though there were times where I would've like to have been able to say ;o.

._.

Tact
Nov 12, 2007, 09:50 PM
I say lots of Interweb terms in actual conversation. Owned/Pwned, Fail, and O RLY are a few.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 12, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-11-12 18:25, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
We were discussing jokes that we find funny but others around us do not. Something that someone doesn't get because they aren't educated in the subject (wrestling, video games, engineering, etc.)

Wrestling video games have engineers, or what programmers. Those N64 rumbling tumblin' tussles, good stuff. Back for more on VirtualWiizConsole.

Mother roast beef sandwich. Nonsensical nature of it.

The something wrong with Jamaican people or something topic.

DizzyDi
Nov 12, 2007, 10:03 PM
I don't really say any internet lingo.

Solstis
Nov 12, 2007, 10:09 PM
My lingo comes from Teevee, not the Internets. Aside from the word Internets, that is.

Moo2u
Nov 12, 2007, 10:11 PM
I frequently say "I see what you did there" in conversations. People think it's my catch phrase now.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 12, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-11-12 19:11, Moo2u wrote:
I frequently say "I see what you did there" in conversations. People think it's my catch phrase now.

You can tell them to "google it." +1 internet lingo?

They might shoot back "your mom dot com," but what can you do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Weeaboolits
Nov 12, 2007, 10:15 PM
On 2007-11-12 19:11, Moo2u wrote:
I frequently say "I see what you did there" in conversations. People think it's my catch phrase now. I do that on (rare) occasion. >_>;

Edit: Dammit, Haya! >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-11-12 19:16 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 12, 2007, 10:18 PM
I was about to say, that's messed up Ronin, telling people to google yourmom dot com.

Sord
Nov 12, 2007, 10:54 PM
to me it's internet lingo just part of my normal speech. However, I refused to say lol, I will say something like rofflewaffle at times, but it's usualy at a joke of the internet itself, and not my response for saying something is funny. I also won't say "pwned" but only "owned" because the p is merely a typo, it is still supposed to be the same word.

TheOneHero
Nov 12, 2007, 11:22 PM
I chuckle whenever I say O RLY, and don't give a damn if people don't laugh. :3

I also made a shirt that says "Google It". Actually, I have lots of "internet" shirts I've made. >_>;

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 12, 2007, 11:28 PM
On 2007-11-12 20:22, TheOneHero wrote:
I also made a shirt that says "Google It". Actually, I have lots of "internet" shirts I've made. >_>;

You sir are a dorkus malorkis. I say this while using the internet on a gaming forum with a Simpsons (paraphrase)reference and complete confidence.

(sell those on threadless? or your own sort of threadless deal)

BlackHat
Nov 13, 2007, 12:08 AM
Something takes a part of me.
Something lost and never seen.
Everytime I start to believe,
Something's raped and taken from me... from me.
Life's got to always be messing with me. (You wanna see the light)
Can't they chill and let me be free? (So do I)
Can't I take away all this pain. (You wanna see the light)
I try to every night, all in vain... in vain.
Sometimes I cannot take this place.
Sometimes it's my life I can't taste.
Sometimes I cannot feel my face.
You'll never see me fall from grace

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 13, 2007, 12:09 AM
That goes on the back of a Tee, way too long.

Sgt_Shligger
Nov 13, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-11-12 21:08, BlackHat wrote:

Something takes a part of me.
Something lost and never seen.
Everytime I start to believe,
Something's raped and taken from me... from me.
Life's got to always be messing with me. (You wanna see the light)
Can't they chill and let me be free? (So do I)
Can't I take away all this pain. (You wanna see the light)
I try to every night, all in vain... in vain.
Sometimes I cannot take this place.
Sometimes it's my life I can't taste.
Sometimes I cannot feel my face.
You'll never see me fall from grace

BLACKHAT'S A FREAK ONS OME LEASH I DO SAY!

BlackHat
Nov 13, 2007, 12:12 AM
I wonder how well the QC works....

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 13, 2007, 12:13 AM
On 2007-11-12 21:12, BlackHat wrote:
I wonder how well the QC works....

It doesn't (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=159108&forum=14&start=50&75#55).

Sgt_Shligger
Nov 13, 2007, 12:14 AM
It does not work. The max quote limit is now six or so.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 13, 2007, 12:26 AM
[spoiler-box]And you all lose for even trying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/spoiler-box]

Run'd over by the dhycar. -500 points