PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Oh, so it turns out that as a Fortegunner, I'm

Arcturus
Nov 13, 2007, 01:59 AM
Because I don't use the machinegun glitch. I was in a group, and we were about to do a Parum bonus mission. I whipped out my dark rifle (trying to level the bullet). A couple guys said, "Take out your machinegun. Not using it for the mission was bad enough." I argued with them, and they kept insisting that I was useless if I didn't use the machinegun glitch all the time.

Damn glad the glitch is getting removed soon.

Anyone have run-ins with other idiots?

Zantra
Nov 13, 2007, 02:05 AM
On 2007-11-12 22:59, Arcturus wrote:

Yes, all the time. Welcome to PSU.

I don't think, that i've ever grouped with anyone, who wasn't at least a little stupid. Some people laugh at my character's name (Cookie), while some other people are just complete dicks.

Our community is made of suck, and fail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-12 23:06 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 13, 2007, 02:09 AM
On 2007-11-12 23:05, Zantra wrote:
Our community is made of suck, and fail.QFT.

That said, at least you can do damage and have some survivability. You're not a FT - you're not useless. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

pikachief
Nov 13, 2007, 02:09 AM
Because I don't use the machinegun glitch. I was in a group, and we were about to do a Parum bonus mission. I whipped out my dark rifle (trying to level the bullet). A couple guys said, "Take out your machinegun. Not using it for the mission was bad enough." I argued with them, and they kept insisting that I was useless if I didn't use the machinegun glitch all the time.

yup i just tell em "If u think im not good enough without the glitch, i might as well just leave"

and i do.

Tigerram
Nov 13, 2007, 03:42 AM
I like to use the machine guns in the bonus missions, but it only is effective with 90-100 lvl peeps, and that won't guarantee you an S rank if that's what your team was shooting for. I'm also looking at this in an A mission perspective. B isn't exactly cotton candy either.

Don't worry about folks like that though, there's players that strategize, but do it pleasantly. Then there are those you played with. Yesterday, it was me lvl 74 FTG, and another FTG lvl 100. We had 2 FFs at lvl 100. They wanted to S rank Parum EX 3. Well, the other FTG in our pt was using the mech, but he was using lightning bullets. Our pt leader told him to use ice, but he wanted to lvl his lightning rounds. He wouldn't switch to ice after 3 runs at all. Me, I could care less, but the FFs said they were taking a break. I'm sure they just wanted him to try and beat this thing, and we almost did, we kept getting 77 enemies. I'm sure if I was higher lvled we would have S'ed it. They weren't being mean about it either, it's just the player just stuck to his guns lol. This was on the PC/PS2 servers too, but I know it doesn't matter.

Just goes to show you..."Mean people suck."

Carlo210
Nov 13, 2007, 03:46 AM
I was yelled endlessly for pickingup a kubara wood. So I left. Follow in my footsteps.

SolomonGrundy
Nov 13, 2007, 04:23 AM
I whipped out my dark rifle (trying to level the bullet).

these EX missions are timed. I find the fact that you used a non elemental aligned bullet because you wanted to level it a poor/rude decision.

The exception to this is killer shot, on neudiaz (robot/ageeta)

DesertGunner
Nov 13, 2007, 04:51 AM

1. They were right about the first part. What were you thinking?!? You do know that the blackbull board drops in the last boxes, right?

2. They're partially wrong about the last part. Technically, you're inefficient compared to them if they're using the glitch and you're not. But this'll all be over pretty soon and you, me, and everyone else won't be made fun of for it.

mizukage
Nov 13, 2007, 05:04 AM

I just laughed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Since I am a melee, I wouldn't understand the differences all that much. In the offline mode, the machinegun attacks only do about 0-25 damage on the Dulk Falkis, yet my saber does about 150 per hit without using a PA. And so, I have no idea why the machinegun glitch is all that important...

D1ABOLIK
Nov 13, 2007, 05:05 AM
On 2007-11-13 01:23, SolomonGrundy wrote:

I whipped out my dark rifle (trying to level the bullet).

these EX missions are timed. I find the fact that you used a non elemental aligned bullet because you wanted to level it a poor/rude decision.

The exception to this is killer shot, on neudiaz (robot/ageeta)

And you just proved the point of the original post.

________
List Of Gm Factories (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_GM_factories)

Nano-bot
Nov 13, 2007, 07:26 AM
what is the glitch I keep hearing people talk about?

Remedy
Nov 13, 2007, 07:31 AM
On 2007-11-13 02:05, D1ABOLIK wrote:
And you just proved the point of the original post.How so? He has a point (for the EX missions only).

Garanz-Baranz
Nov 13, 2007, 07:46 AM
I still haven't seen the Mechgun glitch myself on PSU, or how it's produced, but it appears to do 2x as much DPS as a normal mechgun o.o

Mechguns are like Shotguns, relyant on base stats and PP. but, I dunno why that matters at the moment.

<.< Just tell those idiots that "It's MY PSU game, so I play how I wish to"

Hrith
Nov 13, 2007, 08:48 AM
Even without the machinegun glitch, Fortegunner is the best class in the game so far.

But using a rifle on an EX mission makes me think they are right calling you useless.

Schubalts
Nov 13, 2007, 08:55 AM
Tell that to the all Fortegunner parties in the first week of 1UP.

shotsfired
Nov 13, 2007, 08:57 AM
using the rifle is not the prob. even brfore the glitch myself and 3 other gunners cleared the ex with rifles. the part that is not good is leveling up bullets. there is a time and place for that, and an EX mission is not one of them. use the proper element and tell them to suck it. i for one use the glitch and it helps a ton, but if someone doesn't wanna use it, they at least should use the proper element.

Rashiid
Nov 13, 2007, 08:58 AM
Don't worry.
If for some odd reason this doesn't get fixed, then you can party with me and my friends.
I boot when people use it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

shotsfired
Nov 13, 2007, 09:14 AM
well arent you a noble one. I hope you at least ask them to not use it first, and give them the option to not use it. I party with many groups, some that absolutely insist on using the glitch, others who dont. I play to please the masses.

Bitey
Nov 13, 2007, 09:21 AM
I find it amusing how people are so serious about this glitch that they spam looking for party messages saying "must have glitch". Mechinegun DPS is low enough that there are several guns that out damage it, constant fire or not. The glitch does absolutely nothing beneficial except maybe save you 500-1500 meseta a mission on photon charges in exchange for doing the mission slower and that is only if you actually need them...

While I praise you for not using the glitch, you disappoint me because your other choice for the mission was a Dark Rifle, which is even worse than the Mechinegun glitch in terms of overuse and poor damage...

Rashiid
Nov 13, 2007, 09:25 AM
On 2007-11-13 06:14, shotsfired wrote:
well arent you a noble one. I hope you at least ask them to not use it first, and give them the option to not use it. I party with many groups, some that absolutely insist on using the glitch, others who dont. I play to please the masses.

Well of course I ask them not to use it.

But if the only weapon they have is a Machinegun on their palette, you already know what their intentions are.....

Schubalts
Nov 13, 2007, 09:37 AM
On 2007-11-13 06:21, Bitey wrote:
I find it amusing how people are so serious about this glitch that they spam looking for party messages saying "must have glitch". Mechinegun DPS is low enough that there are several guns that out damage it, constant fire or not. The glitch does absolutely nothing beneficial except maybe save you 500-1500 meseta a mission on photon charges in exchange for doing the mission slower and that is only if you actually need them...

The glitch can be done multiple times. Each time increases the machine gun's rate of fire and gives it infinite PP. That's why nubcakes do "glitch only" parties and why it's getting fixed fast.

Rashiid
Nov 13, 2007, 09:40 AM
Well the Glitchine Gun will be fixed, because GM's said that 'The patch will create a delay when zooming in and out'

And of course the patcht that will delay the toggling of goggles, which fixes this and the lazy-kannone.

perfectminute
Nov 13, 2007, 09:40 AM

While I praise you for not using the glitch, you disappoint me because your other choice for the mission was a Dark Rifle, which is even worse than the Mechinegun glitch in terms of overuse and poor damage...

Apparently you don't get that it wouldnt be so popular if it didnt out damage everything, Which it does.

Turbobrain
Nov 13, 2007, 09:42 AM
just out of interest and at the risk of going OT to the point of 'too much information'... is this machine gun glitch executed similary to the megiverse glitch? A simple yes or no will suffice;p

amtalx
Nov 13, 2007, 09:44 AM

It depends on who is using it. When done properly, it can strike over 10 times per second. At around 360 per hit, that's over 4,000 DPS. The only weapon that even comes close to that is multi-hitting with a Shotgun. Since that can't be done at range, or with mobility, this machine gun hocus pocus is clearly the better option. However, if the overlap is wrong, it just ends up firing at its normal rate.

Personally, I don't really care what people do. It's going to be gone soon anyway. Then we can go back to bitching about something else.

Rashiid
Nov 13, 2007, 09:44 AM
I...don't know of any megiverse glitch.....
Is it a Pc/Ps2 thing?

Schubalts
Nov 13, 2007, 09:47 AM
Maybe we can go back to bitching about what weapons look the coolest instead of which weapon lets you clear a mission 0.0000000005 seconds faster. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Turbobrain
Nov 13, 2007, 09:50 AM
On 2007-11-13 06:44, Rashiid wrote:
I...don't know of any megiverse glitch.....
Is it a Pc/Ps2 thing?

I know it works best on PC as you can easily alter the 'varaible' that makes it all possible and stack megiverse to crazy amounts.

I know the other 'glitch' to make some weapons like nade's work faster.

As I'm not a gunner, it doesnt really concern me but it would be interesting to know(I guess....).

CelestialBlade
Nov 13, 2007, 11:47 AM
Machinegun glitch doesn't make a good Fortegunner. Who the hell wants to use those over Grenades on something like De Ragnus? And good luck hitting a flying Onmagoug with a Machinegun.

Mr_Confused
Nov 13, 2007, 11:57 AM
If you really want to level up your dark bullets, doing it on a 3 min timed mission where the object is speed is not the best place. Go try out valley of carnage.

Zael
Nov 13, 2007, 12:08 PM
People that need to use the machinegun glitch to clear the EX missons are the useless ones.

Hath_Wrobo
Nov 13, 2007, 12:18 PM
Look people, the machine gun glitch is awesome. Yes it is overpowered, and eventually I would definitely agree to a patch to fix it. But for the time being, it is the best damn thing to happen for this event. Yeah yeah blah blah "My PSU, Ill play the way I want to", that works well in theory, and you can probably find some people who agree with you. It's also funny how non-glitchers use this to justify the way they play, but have a problem with the ones glitching for the same reason. The majority of people at the moment want easy exp, rares, money etc, and using the glitch is the best possible way of obtaining this. Stick with your morals, I'll prefer to have higher leveled characters with more S ranks and money. And yes, I also duped and all that other nice things in PSO. It doesn't ruin the game for me, cause I find it ridiculously hilarious. I play to have fun, I don't follow any moral standard of what I should or should not do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hath_Wrobo on 2007-11-13 09:21 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-11-13 09:18, Hath_Wrobo wrote:
Stick with your morals, I'll prefer to have higher leveled characters with more S ranks and money.Power, no matter the cost, basically.

I've heard that ideal from many places, and none of them are people I'd wish to emulate.

chu-chu-chu
Nov 13, 2007, 12:31 PM
Leveling wrong element bullets in a timed mission, without asking, is pretty obnoxious and selfish. If you didn't want to use the glitch, but used the right bullets to help your party, then I think you'd get more sympathy.

Phoenix_Black
Nov 13, 2007, 12:50 PM
Lol, if it was EX 3.

Remedy
Nov 13, 2007, 12:52 PM
On 2007-11-13 09:50, Phoenix_Black wrote:
Lol, if it was EX 3.Yeah, I was in an EX3 when some Jaggos spawned. The other four people didn't notice them, but they DID notice the fact that I was using Damumegid to take them down.

"WTF WHY ARE YOU USING DAMMEGID"

"Uh... the Jaggos?"

"oh lol"

<Giga/Bullet PP Save goes to a Fortefighter>

majan
Nov 13, 2007, 12:53 PM
on the matter of the OP:it was foolish to level up a bullet PA during an ex mission.should they have gotten on your case?it would have helped matters if you were max dpsing liek everybody else in the party,but the rule stands:all of us are free to play how we damn well please.some things are jsut straight up counterproductive though and i thinkthats wat they were trying to say but oh well.dont party with them again.

On 2007-11-13 09:08, Zael wrote:
People that need to use the machinegun glitch to clear the EX missons are the useless ones.

I cant even remotely say that this makes sense or that I agree with this.how so?if someone wants to solo an ex missoin on B or A,chances are its going to be a tough time.maybe we all arent as powerful as you were going into the cup,and we saw the glitch as the boost in power we needed to squeeze all we could out of hte bonus missions.its all in fun.its not like its bothering any of you,either,the faster we clear the missions,the more S ranks EVERYBODY gets,not just the glitchers.what useless people they are.

Look people, the machine gun glitch is awesome. Yes it is overpowered, and eventually I would definitely agree to a patch to fix it. But for the time being, it is the best damn thing to happen for this event. Yeah yeah blah blah "My PSU, Ill play the way I want to", that works well in theory, and you can probably find some people who agree with you. It's also funny how non-glitchers use this to justify the way they play, but have a problem with the ones glitching for the same reason. The majority of people at the moment want easy exp, rares, money etc, and using the glitch is the best possible way of obtaining this. Stick with your morals, I'll prefer to have higher leveled characters with more S ranks and money. And yes, I also duped and all that other nice things in PSO. It doesn't ruin the game for me, cause I find it ridiculously hilarious. I play to have fun, I don't follow any moral standard of what I should or should not do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hath_Wrobo on 2007-11-13 09:21 ]</font>

its rare that you get a reply to something that makes this much sense,so here it is.basically,this sums up the entire fuckin shabang.I myself am a huge advocate of play how you want,but thats exactly the point here.should this glitch be fixed?is it broken to hell?yes,and yes.will it be fixed?yes.till then,take advantage and have some damn fun.get some S ranks.

Hath_Wrobo
Nov 13, 2007, 12:53 PM
On 2007-11-13 09:20, Remedy wrote:

Stick with your morals, I'll prefer to have higher leveled characters with more S ranks and money.Power, no matter the cost, basically.

I've heard that ideal from many places, and none of them are people I'd wish to emulate.

That's nice, enjoy your guidelines then. It's just a matter of preference, I don't see why it bothers people that whether or not people use this glitch. All I know is this glitch:
- speeds up the mission, thereby giving more exp, money, items per hour
- fun to do (imo)
- makes the EX mission actually doable with 2 people.

I'll admit, I hate the majority of this PSU community as much as the next person due to overpricing, spamming, jackassery, so I solo a lot or play with a small group of friends. The fact is, if you join a random party, understand that the people in the party will not necessarily agree with you on exactly how to play the game.

Once again, I will say, the machinegun glitch is overpowered and I would not want it to last after this event. The thing is, the majority of people currently use it, and whether you like it or not, the party may want you to use it too. So when joining a random party at the moment, be prepared to face problems if you decide not to use it. Complain all you want, but if your only way of playing is with random people, at least be open to using it, or just wait until the event is over.

majan
Nov 13, 2007, 12:59 PM
cmon people,shit,it could be worse.we could be having the same problem the pc/ps2 servers had when the game first came out.I mean,the jackasses now are using machineguns to HELP clear the missoins FAST.then,the useless pricks were hacking into each others rooms and stealing items and zeroing each others pm's and generating ridiculous amonts of hacked money and items that still exist now.at least because of this,the game's economy wont be thrown into nuclear fuckin fallout.

what cutthroat badasses these machinegunners are!!!!!!!the humanity!!!!!!!

amtalx
Nov 13, 2007, 01:31 PM
On 2007-11-13 09:20, Remedy wrote:

It's a game... There's no need to bring the moral high ground into this. I blast people in the face with Shotguns and Rocket Launchers in other games because I like to win. Does that make me a bad person?

The glitch isn't like clearing out someone's storage or zeroing their PM. No one is going to have their hundreds of hours of playtime taken away from them because they saw some guy bending the system to their advantage. Likewise, I don't think glitchers should condemn non-glitchers for not doing the same thing.

drizzle
Nov 13, 2007, 01:39 PM
On 2007-11-13 10:31, amtalx wrote:
It's a game...

... and that's why fairness is one of the most important things. Because it's a game.

e_Tard
Nov 13, 2007, 01:44 PM
To the OP, First of all while I'm sure they were being asshats about it, they do have a point. In a 3 minute timed mission where the best rewards are based on finishing or not, it is rather rude to level a bullet that has no elemental advantage.

As for using the mechgun glitch in general...

Who cares, honestly. People are blowing this whole thing way out of proportion. IMO the board retry glitch of back in the day was more harmful. No one should be forcing anyone to use it, and no one should be bitching this much for others using it.

Inflation? No, not really due to glitch. Try the fact that we're getting 40k+ from a mission that takes 15min without using the glitch. This glitch would have to remain for at least another month before it truly started to affect the economy. Lucky for us it'll be gone in 3 days.

Useless without it? Nope, only to noobs and elitists. In other words, fuck em.

Cries of more S ranks and A units in the market? Good, S ranks and A rank units had retarded drop rates previous to the 1up cup anyway.

Take advantage of it, or choose not to. Just don't hop on the high horse of holier-than-thou because you chose one over the other.

amtalx
Nov 13, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-11-13 10:39, drizzle wrote:

It's a game...

... and that's why fairness is one of the most important things. Because it's a game.

The real victim of all this is the poor Badiras, Navals, Go Vahras, etc. but they don't have a voice because they are all dead. Until this glitch starts removing S-ranks from other player's inventories, I'm going to remain indifferent.

Zantra
Nov 13, 2007, 01:48 PM
I rule in favor of "boys, will be boys". Case dismissed...

But seriously...

I don't know much about this glitch, but I assume it's lag related, and it's probably only on the PS2/PC version.

Since AOI is coming out in less than a week, I can only assume, that the patch they are releasing with it, will fix this issue, and while I won't be using the glitch, since i'm on Xbox 360, I don't mind other people using it. Why? Because we're in the middle of 1up right now, and the more points we get, the more SWAG the community gets as a whole. And, I don't know about you... but anything free in this game, is a good thing.

majan
Nov 13, 2007, 01:49 PM
On 2007-11-13 10:39, drizzle wrote:

It's a game...

I see nothing unfair about the matter at hand.the machinegun glitcher is not taking any rares or money out of your pocket.in fact,in enabling the party to do faster and thus more runs,he is putting MORE money and rares in your pocket.

I see though,maybe you can say that its unfair because without it we wouldn't be getting as many rares and that were over exploiting things because of the glitch.first of all,my suggestion is to live with the couple of extra rares ya get.secondly,this event was made for this purpose.I'm just glad that we discovered this glitch now and not months ago where the game would have been annoying and pointless cus of it.

I enjoy it because now as a fortegunner I can power level my mech bullets so that my fighginner has powerful bullets by the time the expansion hits http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

RadiantLegend
Nov 13, 2007, 02:22 PM
My first question is what is this machine gun glitch that everyone talks about?

Zantra
Nov 13, 2007, 02:24 PM
On 2007-11-13 11:22, Ragolismine wrote:

And, we are not allowed to tell you, because of the forum rules. Google/Yahoo, is your friend.

Feelmirath
Nov 13, 2007, 02:34 PM
On 2007-11-13 11:24, Zantra wrote:

On 2007-11-13 11:22, Ragolismine wrote:

And, we are not allowed to tell you, because of the forum rules. Google/Yahoo, is your friend.

We can say what it is, just not how to do it.

Basically you can get your machine gun to fire at more than 5 times the speed, and it auto-refills PP for some odd reason.

Carlo210
Nov 13, 2007, 03:47 PM
Sounds like something I wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of while it lasts.

RadiantLegend
Nov 13, 2007, 03:51 PM
So its like the laser trick on steriods....

Zantra
Nov 13, 2007, 03:53 PM
This is probably the first thread to talk about the glitch, that hasn't been closed by a mod. Congrats everyone!

SStrikerR
Nov 13, 2007, 04:02 PM
true and simple

whoever uses this glitch sucks at this game and they need to play it like it was made to, not like some asshole hacker who needs to hack/cheat/glitch their way to win.

And for the rifle leveler, the OP, he/she bought the game, pays for it monthely, and it's her/his property, so they can do whatever the fuck they wanna do with it, hell they could even use it to wipe their ass after going to the bathroom. it's still damage, and it's their choice, so either fuck up and play, or leave.

Remedy
Nov 13, 2007, 04:09 PM
Hey, OP, look at it this way.

You are FAR more useful than the FG I just played with - he did not have a single weapon on his palette that could hit Onmagoug in the air. I out-damaged him when Onma was in the air with a bow just by virtue of he didn't fucking have anything to shoot him with (3 Destas, 2 Song for Deaths, 1 9* twin dagger).

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 13, 2007, 04:11 PM
I was booted out of a party last week for not using the glitch. They didn't even ask me to use it (not that I would have). Just... boot. So, PSU has pretty much been dead to me since.

Tita
Nov 13, 2007, 04:29 PM
someone machine gun glitch Uni2's ass plox thx. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

i dont hate anyone who uses the glitch or whatever, i just can't stand, like many of you already expressed, how it has become a requirement.

it's incredible how often i score 8s in uni2 with people who are way higher level than me, and yet i score 10s with my buddies who are theoretically too "underleveled" to handle a 10. ok, we dont clear EX (boo effin hoo?), but we get damn close and we get shit done AND we dont have to put up with wannabe know-it-all turds who i can't even understand because they sound like they're texting their 12 year old girlfriend.

"stick to your guns"
heh.

DraginHikari
Nov 13, 2007, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't count on that glitch being around forever anyway. The full truth on the matter is the 1up has brought the best and the worst out of people in general.

At one hand, I have met alot of nice people and decent inviduals that even if you got the rare they wanted they're good sports about it.

On the other hand, I have for the first time seen excessive bickering over the 'best' classes and people only wanting parties, of this this or this. Suddenly the differents in numbers seem to make a hairy deal out of everything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2007-11-13 13:34 ]</font>

Hath_Wrobo
Nov 13, 2007, 05:04 PM
On 2007-11-13 13:02, Ryan113 wrote:
true and simple

whoever uses this glitch sucks at this game and they need to play it like it was made to, not like some asshole hacker who needs to hack/cheat/glitch their way to win.

And for the rifle leveler, the OP, he/she bought the game, pays for it monthely, and it's her/his property, so they can do whatever the fuck they wanna do with it, hell they could even use it to wipe their ass after going to the bathroom. it's still damage, and it's their choice, so either fuck up and play, or leave.

Nice, enjoy being removed from the majority of parties though with this attitude. It may be your game and you can do anything you want with it, but don't count on anyone putting up with that shit in a party that is going for speed while you decide to level up foie for your beast guntecher.

Zael
Nov 13, 2007, 06:27 PM
On 2007-11-13 13:02, Ryan113 wrote:
true and simple

1st part = yes
2nd part = no

StrongFiend
Nov 14, 2007, 09:44 PM
People love glitches just take your mac out of your palette problem solved