PDA

View Full Version : AoI and the chatpad

galaxy
Nov 13, 2007, 08:34 AM
as of now, the chatpad (that little microsoft keyboard that attaches to your controller, for those who don't know what i'm talking about) is incompatible with PSU. Does anyone know if it will be compatible with the expansion? I bought it specifically for this game, when i'm in a situation where i can't talk on headset, but it doesn't freaking work! *sniff* so i was hoping that they will make it compatible with the expansion.

Remedy
Nov 13, 2007, 08:36 AM
Somehow I doubt it. Don't they want people to use that Texter thing instead?

Pentence
Nov 13, 2007, 09:53 AM
This is why i just use my good ol generic small usb keyboad. 10 bucks and it does the job i need it to and takes up very little space.

Anyway to answer your question we have no idea if it would work with AoI.Since 360 has the only international servers,no ones capable of ascertaining things in advance for us.

DUN
Nov 13, 2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah but psu was the only reason I bought the chatpad and it dont work with it.

Cort1984
Nov 13, 2007, 09:57 AM
yep i use a usb keyboard as well and probadly cost less than the lil peice you got for the controller lol...

chu-chu-chu
Nov 13, 2007, 09:59 AM
If I remember correctly, one of the site admins at the official forums said that they were caught off-guard when the pad was incompatible with PSU. I believe he said they were going to try to get it to work. However, given their less than stellar record of quick fixes on the 360, you oughtn't to hold your breath.

Fresh
Nov 13, 2007, 10:02 AM
I bought the chatpad too.... I sent a email into the people at phantasystaruniverse.com and in the email they wrote me back they said something in the range of they are trying to make it work but it is a very difficult update. So I'm not sure if that was bs to make me feel better about spending my money on a useless chatpad or they are really working on it and we will be able to use it soon.

Rizen
Nov 13, 2007, 10:07 AM
I may as well ask here...

Does anyone know if the Chatpad works wiith the PC if you hook up your 360 controller to it? Would be interesting if it did.

Also, for people using the slim or madcatz 360 controller, does the Chatpad fit on to it?

Remedy
Nov 13, 2007, 10:23 AM
Oooh, that would be amazing if it worked for PC players with 360 pad. I'd consider getting one. XD

MrPOW
Nov 13, 2007, 01:00 PM
On 2007-11-13 05:36, Remedy wrote:
Somehow I doubt it. Don't they want people to use that Texter thing instead?

HEL YEH.

StanleyPain
Nov 13, 2007, 05:24 PM
It has been confirmed that the chatpad DOES NOT work on the PC with 360 controllers.

There's a good chance we may get Chatpad compatibility in early December when the big 360 update comes along. This hasn't been officially confirmed yet, but first week of December when MS introduces the new Marketplace that allows you to download old Xbox games there will almost certainly be the dashboard update. Chatpad might work inside games after that.

Remedy
Nov 13, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-11-13 14:24, StanleyPain wrote:
It has been confirmed that the chatpad DOES NOT work on the PC with 360 controllers.:(

sad foney is sad now

Zantra
Nov 13, 2007, 05:36 PM
It's a lot easier to find a cheap USB keyboard, or to just use the headset and chat. I'd rather not pay for something, that's already been given to us for free.