PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about starting

GuardianElite
Nov 14, 2007, 01:52 PM
big enough

Seiyuuki
Nov 14, 2007, 01:52 PM
Well it looks good and fun. But there are just 2 things I need to know before I actually by it.
1)Can it run properly on win2K
2)How big is the population?

What I normally would get is "big enough". Is that implying alot of people still play the PC/PS2 version? is it in the hundreds, thousands, or even maybe a million? (doupt it).

Well thanks anyway.

Mattguy87
Nov 14, 2007, 01:54 PM
im on 360, ive heard the 360 population is bigger than the pc and ps2 but i think its in the low thousands. dont take my word on it though

Seiyuuki
Nov 14, 2007, 02:00 PM
*stabs GuardianElite*
I'd guess its more suited to 360 play (console style play, headset chat n' all).
Unfortunatly I'm not that interested in getting a 360, if I were given one a pressent then hell yeah, but I dont care to buy it.

mizukage
Nov 14, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-11-14 10:52, Seiyuuki wrote:
Well it looks good and fun. But there are just 2 things I need to know before I actually by it.

What I normally would get is "big enough". Is that implying alot of people still play the PC/PS2 version? is it in the hundreds, thousands, or even maybe a million? (doupt it).

Well thanks anyway.

1) Probably not, it depends on what kind of core you got.

2) Big enough implies that you won't be bored and neither will you be solo-ing with NPCs, unless you want to do that for the purpose of leveling..

SabZero
Nov 14, 2007, 02:06 PM
I used to play on Windows 2000 and it works just fine - now I'm on Windows XP Professional and also no issues. There have been reports that it's less than Ok on Windows Vista, so stay away from that one.

If you don't mind spammers, there's a huge population (hundreds) on Universe 02.

Seiyuuki
Nov 14, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-11-14 11:01, mizukage wrote:

On 2007-11-14 10:52, Seiyuuki wrote:

Well thanks anyway.

1) Probably not, it depends on what kind of core you got.

2) Big enough implies that you won't be bored and neither will you be solo-ing with NPCs, unless you want to do that for the purpose of leveling..

Weeeeeell theres proof of my noobieness, I couldent find the minim reqs on the main site, apparently win2K will run it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

On 2007-11-14 11:06, SabZero wrote:
I used to play on Windows 2000 and it works just fine - now I'm on Windows XP Professional and also no issues. There have been reports that it's less than Ok on Windows Vista, so stay away from that one.

If you don't mind spammers, there's a huge population (hundreds) on Universe 02.

Server?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seiyuuki on 2007-11-14 11:08 ]</font>

ssl118
Nov 14, 2007, 02:20 PM
Ha! yeah, it's "big enough" for sure. I really don't ever end up playing with people that I can't stand. And usually if you group with some people for a few missions, you can consider them new friends. In other words, it's definitely easy enough to find people that will help you out when starting as well as party with you anytime. Most people have at least 1 alt so you should be able to find people that will help you level and whatnot. Also I am on PC which I believe your question is regarding.

Seiyuuki
Nov 14, 2007, 02:25 PM
Well concidering it will run and I can get the game disk super cheap I guess I should try it for atleast a month. I've registerd on the site, but I'll have to wait untill my Virgin prepaid Mastercard comes through (I'm ussuming I can pay with this due to the statement that it can be used where ever a Mastercard is accepted?).