PDA

View Full Version : Help a Returner! =]

drakkula
Nov 14, 2007, 02:43 PM
Im thinking of coming back to AOI. I had an 80 lvl char on the pc/ps2 servers but then I got an X360 and restarted from the scratch but got sick of PSU at lvl 20.

got some questions:

1-will the updating system be like psu? (every 2 weeks?)

2-will caves, forest and mines be available from next week on or will we have to wait for future updates?

3-for the ones who have played AOI: has the game got any graphics upgrade? I dont really expect better graphics, but the slowdown on the X360 is annoying (3 players and a foe mob=slow down!! that is bizarre!)

4-last question: have u guys heard Sega saying anything about cheat improvements? Ive seen you can comunicate during boss' animations, but what about the voice chat on the X360? has it been improved?

Im trying to find good reasons to go back online, just hope AOI is more like PSO then PSU!

Thanks in advance!

Anduril
Nov 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-11-14 11:43, drakkula wrote:
Im thinking of coming back to AOI. I had an 80 lvl char on the pc/ps2 servers but then I got an X360 and restarted from the scratch but got sick of PSU at lvl 20.

got some questions:

2-will caves, forest and mines be available from next week on or will we have to wait for future updates?

3-for the ones who have played AOI: has the game got any graphics upgrade? I dont really expect better graphics, but the slowdown on the X360 is annoying (3 players and a foe mob=slow down!! that is bizarre!)

4-last question: have u guys heard Sega saying anything about cheat improvements? Ive seen you can comunicate during boss' animations, but what about the voice chat on the X360? has it been improved?

Im trying to find good reasons to go back online, just hope AOI is more like PSO then PSU!

Thanks in advance!

1) I would assume so.
2) They aren't available on the JPN server yet, so we'll have to wait too.
3) Since it still isn't on the 360, I can't tell you for sure...
4)Again, isn't out on the 360, so....

EspioKaos
Nov 14, 2007, 02:45 PM

Hopefully.

Got to wait for a future update. The Japanese servers are scheduled to see these fields in December during an event called Maximum Attack G. That means that we might see them around spring 2008.

4-last question: have u guys heard Sega saying anything about cheat improvements?

Certain exploits such as the machinegun glitch will be corrected with our next update. I'm sure others will be addressed, too.

I'll let others handle the rest. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-11-14 11:47 ]</font>

pikachief
Nov 14, 2007, 02:47 PM
1: the update system should remain the same

2:All PSO levels and clothes are NOT avaiable at the start, most likely early 2008.

3:There are no graphical updates.

4: sega has said nothing new about voice chat problems since they have said before that it is "microsoft's problem"

also about slow down, i think thats just your connection because i hardly experience slow down even with 6 people and a huge mob of monsters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-11-14 11:48 ]</font>

Zorafim
Nov 14, 2007, 02:48 PM
PSUjp seems to be updating consistently every two weeks. What's more, though, is that each update is a major update. I believe there has been one new mission and clothing set every update. In other words, it's been updating much more quickly than what we've seen.

As for the PSO areas, we'll have to wait longer for those. I think we'll finally see them near the end of the update schedule, like we saw S ranks and AoI on our version.

The graphics seem much better in AoI, and I've heard that the combat is much smoother. I can't elaborate on that, though.

Chatting's the same, pretty much. With the follow system, though, you can chat and run at the same time. That may be helpful.

drakkula
Nov 14, 2007, 02:55 PM
cool stuff guys! thanks a lot......the only thing that really bothers is the updating, but as said above: there have been major updates...interesting...
about the slow down....i cant remember that mission's name, but there were about 5 or 6 enemies and always on the same area there was slowdown...it was in Parum, not the dragon missions, the other one..and the enemies were like small dinossaurs.....im sure it wasnt my connection(lag) it was slowdown. Just hope Sega has sorted this issue out. =]

mizukage
Nov 14, 2007, 07:37 PM
I hope I answered all your questions, even though it doesn't seem to be much help.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Hope it will be even better!

Nope. Wait patiently...

Its the same thing as PSU, but with MUCH MUCH MORE content. Its an expansion!

Yes, all cheats has been patched up, except for a glitch or two is currently being fixed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BaconZero
Nov 15, 2007, 12:26 AM

Sorry friend, but you many be disapointed, lol. Its a whole different game for one thing. And second, if Sega did go back to how the PSO music switched all the time (calm music to in battle then back to calm music after mob was killed), then there actually might be some hope in that. but thats a long shot and this is Sega after all.

No game is promised the same except for Sonic the Hedgehog series, lmao.