PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Question. Popular PA's, new manufactured weapons etc.

Agnostic187
Nov 14, 2007, 04:43 PM
Whats the most popular PA currently for fighters in the expansion?

How frequently used is Absolute Dance.
[b] Is it a good PA?

How popular are Shadoogs?

How popular are slicers?

Are Moatoob twin pistols the way to go? (grinded)

Whats the Double Saber of choice? The new Yohmeis, Nightwalkers or Kubaras?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agnostic187 on 2007-11-14 13:43 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 14, 2007, 05:48 PM
Not sure

Semi-popular. I seen most stick with other left hand weapons

How popular are slicers?
Way too popular...like Double Saber popular

They are nice to use. I have a 5 grinded one and it works nicely.

Cant say, I dont like Double Sabers much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

StkDrowsy
Nov 14, 2007, 06:23 PM
i thought shadoogs were right handed.......? or is that madoogs?

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2007, 06:32 PM
Neither. They're both Offhand (Left hand) weapons.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 14, 2007, 06:33 PM
On 2007-11-14 15:23, StkDrowsy wrote:
i thought shadoogs were right handed.......? or is that madoogs?

lol

They are both left-handed.

R2R_Crysaki
Nov 14, 2007, 06:37 PM
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=155536&forum=22&start=0

Umberger
Nov 14, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-11-14 13:43, Agnostic187 wrote:

Carriguine Rucar has the best base stats (aside from Acc.) of any Double Saber out.

Not sure how they fare after grinds.

Mystil
Nov 14, 2007, 07:04 PM
That would suck if they were right handed LOL.

Agnostic187
Nov 14, 2007, 07:14 PM
I hear the Slicers are getting nerfed? What kind of damage to they put out right now? And how badly is this nerf going to be? Over 1k damage of Nerf?

mizukage
Nov 14, 2007, 07:27 PM
How frequently used is Absolute Dance? Is it a good PA?

A: I don't know, but I am going to get that.
Its a good PA if you like using the Double Saber.

A: No idea. I like them!

How popular are slicers?

A: No idea. I have high expectations of them.

A: No idea. Not sure what you are talking about.

What's the Double Saber of choice? The new GRM's, Yohmei's, Nightwalkers TenoraWork's or Kubara's?

A: I got to admit that I rarely use the Double Saber after I rebuild my main character. Originally, it was my secondary weapon in which my primary was the twin dagger. However, the primary weapon I use now is the twin dagger in which the spear has taken the second place.

However, to answer your question: It is difficult to say, because this completely depends on your personal preferences. If you ask me, they are all good!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-11-14 16:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-11-14 16:28 ]</font>

Umberger
Nov 14, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-11-14 16:14, Agnostic187 wrote:
I hear the Slicers are getting nerfed? What kind of damage to they put out right now? And how badly is this nerf going to be? Over 1k damage of Nerf?

Only the first (store bought) PA's first hit, the weapon's PA will cost more (or PP regens slower...I forget =p), and the ATA is being lowered. The second hit will supposedly still be the same, and the Frag PA will be untouched as far as we know.

They put out way more damage than they need to be doing...just go look on YouTube for some videos.

The nerf most likely will be noticeable, but not to the point that it'll be bumped down too much in terms of usefulness.

Remedy
Nov 14, 2007, 07:36 PM
Like someone else said: Slicers in their current form killed so fucking fast that most players have an unspoken agreement to NOT use them unless doing extreme speed runs.

Deissa
Nov 14, 2007, 07:37 PM
On 2007-11-14 16:14, Agnostic187 wrote:

Slicer PP regen is going down, the ATA on the slicers is going down.

As for Chikkikyo-renjin, the ATP mod is going down from 360% at Lv40 to 280%. PP usage will go up by 20% to 24PP (or 19 if you're a FF)

edit: well, PP regen for A rank slicers is going down, anyway

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cadamar on 2007-11-14 16:39 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Nov 14, 2007, 07:38 PM

Chikkiwhateverthehelltherestofitis, the store-bought Slicer PA, which is so overpowered and so overused that it's getting the nerfbat soon. Next to that, Dus Majarra, Anga Jabroga and Buten Shuren-zan, based on observations from random parties. Buten tends to be used more by hybrids.

[b] Is it a good PA?

I've seen three people use it. None of them had it past L10.

Based on seeing videos of the whole combo offline and seeing people using the worthless first hit, god no. Slow and too much windup. Big ATP mod though. I actually went ahead and bought it so I can see it in use for myself and see if it's worth the bother of putting up with the first part of the combo for the second one, which is about the only good part of the PA. Third hit is pointless from the videos, but then, I don't use the third hit of Dus Majarra much either, so we'll see how/if I like it.

Slightly. Generally among AFs. I honestly don't see many of them that aren't on AFs - FFs and PTs don't get them, of course, and I see a lot of both; but other classes tend not to be using them either - Fighgunners tend to use crossbows or mechs, Wartechers cards or madoogs, GTs again with the Xbows, ATs of course almost always have Madoogs, but most JP ATs I've seen are focused very firmly on support and not so much on damage. (Amusingly, they also almost unfailingly use attack techniques over melee, probably due to attack techniques taking less time than PAs to get out of should someone need emergency Resta.)

Personally, I don't like them and I'd much rather have... Oh, even a Handgun over one. As a FI, I just laugh at the very idea and stick with my crossbows.

How popular are slicers?

Popular enough to be banned in some parties. If not banned, at least two people in a full party will be using one, if not more. About the only time there was only one person using one, there were three ATs in the party, me(I don't use them except for soloing C shit to get it over with), a PT and one AF. XP

If you like the looks/sound and don't mind godawful PP for not that much of an ATP gain. *shrug* I personally stick with a ground Evil Twins, but I like having a good PP reserve should I need it and think Evil Twins looks pwn while I hate the look of the Tenora ones. (Same for Youmei. Ugly.)

Just about nobody uses the Youmei DSes. They're ugly and the ATP is terrible. I see standard GRMs, or Crea Doubles, and the occasional Sweet Death due to them being cheaper than dirt. Mostly Crea Doubles.

Arika
Nov 14, 2007, 07:56 PM
I think it will be more funny to find it out when it come? unless everyone will follow the same think, and no variety

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 14, 2007, 08:06 PM
On 2007-11-14 16:38, Ian-KunX wrote:

Chikkiwhateverthehelltherestofitis, the store-bought Slicer PA, which is so overpowered and so overused that it's getting the nerfbat soon. Next to that, Dus Majarra, Anga Jabroga and Buten Shuren-zan, based on observations from random parties. Buten tends to be used more by hybrids.

You don't mean Hikai?

Nai_Calus
Nov 14, 2007, 08:09 PM
I've actually never seen anybody use Hikai. Buten, yes, Shunbu once in a while(WHY?), but not Hikai.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 14, 2007, 08:18 PM
Buten's getting the bat? Damn.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 14, 2007, 08:26 PM
Cause Shunbu's fast and offensive PA that hits HARD.
Hikai is also infinately faster and stronger than Buten, and I see people using Hikai more often than I see them using Buten. Maybe those guys need to work on getting more PA frags? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Deissa
Nov 14, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-11-14 17:18, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:
Buten's getting the bat? Damn.

No, just the slicer PA. He's commenting on PAs he's seen used the most in regards to Buten

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cadamar on 2007-11-14 17:27 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Nov 14, 2007, 09:19 PM
On 2007-11-14 16:27, mizukage wrote:
How frequently used is Absolute Dance? Is it a good PA?

A: I don't know, but I am going to get that.
Its a good PA if you like using the Double Saber.

A: No idea. I like them!

How popular are slicers?

A: No idea. I have high expectations of them.

A: No idea. Not sure what you are talking about.

What's the Double Saber of choice? The new GRM's, Yohmei's, Nightwalkers TenoraWork's or Kubara's?

A: I got to admit that I rarely use the Double Saber after I rebuild my main character. Originally, it was my secondary weapon in which my primary was the twin dagger. However, the primary weapon I use now is the twin dagger in which the spear has taken the second place.

However, to answer your question: It is difficult to say, because this completely depends on your personal preferences. If you ask me, they are all good!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I just like that he posted this, edited it twice, and doesn't know shit.

Aviendha
Nov 15, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-11-14 18:19, Pengfishh wrote:

On 2007-11-14 16:27, mizukage wrote:
nothing of value
I just like that he posted this, edited it twice, and doesn't know shit.

I was going to point it out too, but I'm long past the point that I am amused how helpful his posts are. Irritation set in pretty quickly.

on-topic:
Everyone does have more damaging options than Shadoogs but if you're one of those Fighs that don't use guns on anything but flying bosses (which is probably more effective in AotI anyway) its a good choice. Yohmei double sabers if you like high pp and can't afford s-ranks. Otherwise no. Assuming you're not one of the rare Fighs who uses twin mayalee, pp probably isn't a big issue so go for the Tenora guns.