PDA

View Full Version : In X-Box Live's Current State...

Phoenix_Black
Nov 14, 2007, 08:06 PM
I don't believe we'll be able download AoI from the marketplace... This is really starting to piss me of. Those guys better start fixing their shit pretty damn fast. Isn't Mass Effect coming out next week? We're gonna have to deal with that lag, too.

Hath_Wrobo
Nov 14, 2007, 08:10 PM
It is 6 days away, well enough time for them to get it together. If not, well at least we will still get the updated non-AOI content to hold us over.

Sychosis
Nov 14, 2007, 08:11 PM
Am I missing something?

Phoenix_Black
Nov 14, 2007, 08:12 PM
http://forums.xbox.com/2/16698450/ShowPost.aspx#16698450

Just this...

EDIT: I don't know if they would be down for just a few hours... I mean, they havn't even adressed the current issye for the pass 2 days. Besides, it's not the servers I'm worried about. People have had their dashboards freeze up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phoenix_Black on 2007-11-14 17:15 ]</font>

majan
Nov 14, 2007, 08:12 PM
well remember,the PSU population isnt exactly that extravagant.i dont think we have nearly enough people that will be DL'ing AOI on the day of release to cause a major xbox live meltdown.if we do,fuck it,just another few hours well have to wait for the servers to come back up.I'm just pissed off things got delayed the way they did,but as long as the AOI release date on the marketplace remains strong,all we have to wait till is tuesday the 20th,then everything should fall nicely into place.

then its just up to sega to drip feed us the content.

Kufell
Nov 14, 2007, 08:13 PM
I dont see why we'd have any problems downloading AoI, I dont recall any problems downloading the Halo 3 Beta(Aside the problems on Crackdown's side of things).

majan
Nov 14, 2007, 08:19 PM
On 2007-11-14 17:11, Sychosis wrote:
Am I missing something?

suddenly I am in the same boat.it seems I misunderstood wat you guys meant and responded abotu something totally different.

enlighten me...since the maintenance the other nite I havent had a single problem.

Phoenix_Black
Nov 14, 2007, 08:23 PM
There have been issues of extreme lag, games freezing, dashboards freezing, dashboard glitches(friends not showing up signed in), not being able to sign, ect.

I'm having trouble with lag... It takes forever for me to login. I've seen tons of people freeze and lag out, already. Everyone's mics sound jarbled. I can't even play. It'll take a minute to load something, and thirty seconds for my start menu to open up.

majan
Nov 14, 2007, 08:30 PM
shit.

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-11-14 17:23, Phoenix_Black wrote:
There have been issues of extreme lag, games freezing, dashboards freezing, dashboard glitches(friends not showing up signed in), not being able to sign, ect.

I'm having trouble with lag... It takes forever for me to login. I've seen tons of people freeze and lag out, already. Everyone's mics sound jarbled. I can't even play. It'll take a minute to load something, and thirty seconds for my start menu to open up.

I hate to sound like an asshole (alright, that's a lie), but it sounds like a personal problem.

I haven't had any problems with Live, even before the Maintenance. Neither have any of my friends.

Phoenix_Black
Nov 14, 2007, 08:58 PM
Go to the link I provided. There were also complaints earlier this week about the issues.

AC9breaker
Nov 14, 2007, 09:06 PM
Well about a two days ago I think there seemed to be a problem with multiplayer and call of duty 4. But as of today, I haven't had much problem with it. I think there was a one day maintenance thing but things seem to be smoothing out now. I guess the people who are on for extreme amounts of time are or just logged on at the wrong time where the ones who would have noticed the problem.

McLaughlin
Nov 14, 2007, 09:06 PM
I did. I haven't had any problems. Neither have my friends. I don't think it's as wide-spread as you think.

HalfDarShadow
Nov 14, 2007, 11:13 PM
im not too worried.

a couple days ago. i think the maintence day. a bunch of my friends, including me, couldnt log in to psu, like we did but really laggy, then get disconnected. but thats just one of those days.

and for people whove been having laggish. go to xbox.com/support and go to the part where they show the router nemes/types. like some other people have said, youh might be having a personal problem with the laggen.

and if the dashboard froze b4, it happens, dont get all freaked about it^^

TimeswiperX
Nov 14, 2007, 11:18 PM
No problems here either with PSU (although, Halo 3 & COD4 has been causing a few lag issues), but I'd also be pissed if they even attempt to push back AoI's release date for the 360. Just wouldn't be fair...

omegapirate2k
Nov 14, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-11-14 17:49, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
That sounds like a personal problem.

Fixed for great justice.

Phoenix_Black
Nov 14, 2007, 11:22 PM
Merf... I heard people can't recover their gamertags. I've also had all of my messages diasspear off my inbox then reappear, had only a few people sjow up at a time in my list, droping from 29 to 9, then back again 3 minutes ain't normal. Plus, some of the people's gaming status was all jarbled with random characters. I keep getting disconnected at the most random times, only be able to log back on like it was nothing. I also get random "maintenance" messages when trying to connect to PSU. I don't think it's my router, since this popped up about 3 days ago. These symptoms are common amongst many others.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 14, 2007, 11:31 PM
I noticed a minimal amount of lag yesterday but that was a custom game.

I played halo 3 team slayer last night for about 2 hours no lag what so ever.

No problems here :/

HalfDarShadow
Nov 14, 2007, 11:48 PM
wow phoenix_black.

if it aint your router it has to be either your service provider or your internet. make sure while your playing, that no1 else is downloading anything from your computer/laptop.

trust me on that. it does get laggy lol. but not like that lol^^

Jao
Nov 14, 2007, 11:52 PM
i think everything is going to plan out the way sega said it will be 11/20=p

Broodstar1337
Nov 15, 2007, 12:46 AM
I don't have problems with XBL. I reckon I'll get AOI just fine and so will the vast majority of you guys.

Carlo210
Nov 15, 2007, 12:56 AM
There are problems with Live, though not everyone is experiencing them. This doesn't mean the servers aren't messed up right now, because they are.

StanleyPain
Nov 15, 2007, 04:22 AM
I think the problem is that, ultimately, many of these issues are difficult to diagnose because people often immediately blame XBL rather than a problem on their end. People don't want to admit they're wrong, but in some cases they just might be. I'm not saying people aren't having issues occasionally with Live, but people are far too quick to always blame the servers.

I myself used to have lag issues until I discovered issues with my router that were the problem and have never had any issues at ALL with Live, except TF2 which was a known issue and is now fixed.
I also knew someone who went on a rage like this about Live only to find out the reason for his connectivity issues was due to the 2.4ghz phone network in his house, not Live.

Also, 90% of the times I've heard people complain about connection issues (whether it be Xbox, or a PC or whatever) it is almost ALWAYS a range and/or signal strength issue with the network.
Again....this is not to say that complaints about Live should be dismissed, but I think people need to seriously examine continuous problems on their end before automatically claiming MS is to blame.

StanleyPain
Nov 15, 2007, 05:06 AM
It just occured to me I used the word "issue" a bit too much in that post. Sorry.

DesertGunner
Nov 15, 2007, 05:23 AM
I know why Xbox Live has been slow. A few days ago, a semi hit some major Internet place in Texas, which is where Xbox Live is.

APEXi
Nov 15, 2007, 05:31 AM
not until after that little maint. period (and getting a title update from psu) had i ever locked up on deragnus. now i cant do parum unless im solo without locking up a couple seconds into the boss fight. tried it in 480p tonight, and all it did for me was make my eyes hurt, and still locked up. also, not quite the same but right after that i rejoined the party, went on to do the colony mission and got an interrupt request a couple seconds into the second form after taking down the first form. mind you this took place at around 1am pst, and the most populated uni was, of course, 1, with 3 stars.

amtalx
Nov 15, 2007, 07:39 AM
On 2007-11-14 17:58, Phoenix_Black wrote:
Go to the link I provided. There were also complaints earlier this week about the issues.

That guy that posted is also a complete idiot. Decentralizing servers would make all the things he's complaining about worse. Leaving security up to the developers would be a disaster. Xbox Live actually works very well considering the magnitude. Having 8 million subscribers and hosting bandwidth crushing games is no easy task. MS is extraordinarily good at setting high certification standards and making them work. If a game is laggy or buggy, its because the network code sucks, not because the Xbox live infrastructure is sloppy.

DesertGunner
Nov 15, 2007, 07:47 AM
In other words, blame Sega.

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 08:07 AM
On 2007-11-15 04:47, DesertGunner wrote:
In other words, blame Sega.

Uh...

Seira7
Nov 15, 2007, 10:39 AM
Ive been experiencing Live problems, but they havent been too bad, just some major lag when Im at the dashboard.
Nothing as bad as the other night before maintenance though.

My friend whos a Halo 3 nut has been getting frozen at the dashboard...people have had problems as of late, it seems to be widespread and if you dont have problems with Live, great, but dont act like people are wacky because of it. Kind of rude.

The problems havent been enough to really bother me though, and Im sure whatever kinks there are will get ironed out. *shrug*

Fresh
Nov 15, 2007, 10:53 AM
L O L.... wow people need to chill out AOI is going to be just fine to download. The people who have problems on xboxlive maybe need to fix there router, are running to many comps or systems on the internet at once, or need to stop being cheap and get better internet and stop using dial up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif... I haven't had one problem with lag other than sign in is annoying getting the interuption request once or twice but after that no problems playing.. Now on halo 3, Gears of War or any other game the problem is people using standby and cheating but thats not lag thats CHEATING!!