PDA

View Full Version : AOI will drop rates actually be better?

RappyRobot
Nov 14, 2007, 08:26 PM
I keep hearing they fixed the drop rate system in aoi to be more forgiving. But is that true? I mean really. I know certain missions will make har/quick almost a common item but is this going to apply to drop rates in general. like I dont know say gaozoran rods? psycho wand ? etc. I mean I personally think if you truly hunt the living the living heck out of an item, u should get it eventually. thier are ppl who hunted har/quick for 10 hrs a day for almost 3 months (no exaggeration lol they really wanted it) and never got it till 1up. (I gave one I got to him cause I felt bad 4 them)
or is this another failed sega attempt.

Deissa
Nov 14, 2007, 08:30 PM
You'll find rares easier on v2 missions.
Things like Crea Doubles and Psycho Wand will drop more readily, but in general, v1 missions are still awful in terms of rare drop rates.

Zorafim
Nov 14, 2007, 08:35 PM
I hear things like 10* weapon boards not being wanted when dropped.

SStrikerR
Nov 14, 2007, 09:03 PM
On 2007-11-14 17:30, Cadamar wrote:
You'll find rares easier on v2 missions.
Things like Crea Doubles and Psycho Wand will drop more readily, but in general, v1 missions are still awful in terms of rare drop rates.

but where will they drop more readily!?

DoubleZero
Nov 14, 2007, 09:03 PM
If I remember correctly, when Sonic Team released Phantasy Star Online, numerous items were exceedingly rare within weapon sets while others were stupidly common (Club of Laconium vs. Club of Zumiurman, for instance). When they released PSO Ver.2, the other items in the weapon sets became more common (Finding a Bravace instead of countless Varista guns).

It seems like Sonic Team has done it again for PSU: Weapons and synth mats drop all the time but Line Shields and Units are incredibly uncommon. Perhaps the same error the first time around is being fixed once again?

Deissa
Nov 14, 2007, 09:24 PM
Crea Doubles and Psycho Wand would drop more readily... where they always dropped. Linear Line and RELICS.