PDA

View Full Version : Do people who play solo benefit the most on PSU online?

Saner
Nov 15, 2007, 12:23 AM
maybe, cause they probably get all the drops during their runs, it may take longer but overall their spoils are all theirs. therefore they probably get richer faster, while still leveling at a steady rate, plus no chance of ppl going ahead of finishing mobs they didn't hit. and stuff like that.

but ya any solo players who see any benefits from soloing online?

Sev
Nov 15, 2007, 12:33 AM
Wow, a Saner post... This takes me way back...

Oh right... You asked a question...

I guess it depends on what you're looking for, I mean soloing isn't all that bad, but it really does get boring. If you include the mission reward in the spoils... I'd say you'd benefit more from group runs because you're going to finish quicker... And more then likely the meseta reward at the end is going to outweigh most of what you get during a run in the lower levels. At higher levels, most of the things you'll want you'd need to go on multiple runs for... So it's better to take some friends then go it alone...

Roka
Nov 15, 2007, 12:41 AM
Soloing makes me cry and i've seen more rares in a party then by myself.

Broodstar1337
Nov 15, 2007, 12:43 AM
Sure, the spoils is one person's and theirs alone, but what do the spoils consist of? Common rares? Good weapons? Armor boards? Units? Considering how often the good stuff drops to begin with, probably better to party up with a couple good friends and just go hunting. I remember soloing Demons Above an innumerable amount of times for a Me/Quick and never getting it, but partying up on Deadly Brilliance and nabbing it no problem.

I suppose soloing would be the better option if it weren't so long and boring to get what you want out of it.

str898mustang
Nov 15, 2007, 12:44 AM
I solo a lot b/c of my connection (dial-up, yes I fail). For the most part, u really don't gain money but u do get the drops which makes worth time. I've done 265 SW S2 runs (95% solo'd) and I've gotten almost 12 Sranks from there but no Psycho. It really depends how bad u want the weapon. If solo, u have a definite chance of getting it but joining a random party, and ur chances of getting the weapon u want is lowered severly. I usually have a group of friends who help me though but I solo if they aren't online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: str898mustang on 2007-11-14 21:46 ]</font>

Yoshi_Ayarane
Nov 15, 2007, 12:59 AM
Solo if nobody in my guild is available (or I'm too low level).

In terms of 1up Cup, the loot is... not great, but EXP is nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Umberger
Nov 15, 2007, 01:00 AM
It seems partying up yields better drops, but there's no backing for that other than you'll more than likely be killing stuff faster/getting more runs done faster. Just a placebo effect. =p

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 15, 2007, 03:39 AM
Enemies have ridiculous amount of hp at high levels which isn't very fun alone

mizukage
Nov 15, 2007, 04:07 AM
The only benefit to play solo online is that the player gets to keep all of the spoils at the end of the mission. Other than that, it is completely disadvantageous, because the amount of meseta and experience points gained will be at extra minimal level.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 15, 2007, 04:19 AM
Needs more hamburgers.

Guildenstern
Nov 15, 2007, 06:17 AM
I solo'd from level 1 to level 50 on my alt and about 20 or so levels on my main. I...made a -ton- of money doing it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;; I party now with my three friends from my FFXI linkshell, but I still occasionally go out and solo to work on spells, farm photons, get loot etc. It's a good way to practice survivability and dodging, especially when you're a Newman F Fortetecher with all the defense of a wet paper towel. XD

...Also when you solo you get to skip all the scary and annoying strangers, so it's +1 if you like quiet parties. XD

jayster
Nov 15, 2007, 06:38 AM
I'v seen FAR more rares drop in parties than soloing. Not only that, but I'v got more rares from partying than soloing. I think I'v got 2 S rank boards from soloing and about 15 from partying.

CelestialBlade
Nov 15, 2007, 07:02 AM
Well, depends. In Cup I honestly believe it's faster, EXP wise, to solo C-rank missions (especially Neudaiz) than it is to hunt down A-rank parties. If you're interested in rares this is obviously not the case, but if you can one-hit everything in a C-rank mission then it's some hella fast EXP.

amtalx
Nov 15, 2007, 07:29 AM
You are better off in a party. You will actually end up acquiring items at a faster rate with more people.

DesertGunner
Nov 15, 2007, 07:37 AM
It's true that you get more rares in the end with a party. But I found my most wanted from soloing; my Blackbull.

MSAksion
Nov 15, 2007, 08:08 AM
Yeah i can't stand soloing. Its too boring and too difficult.

I mean if you want to walk halfway backwards through a block to the crystal, go outside, get some more trimate, dimate, scape dolls, just to go back in and waste the again when you COULD have invited a force friend with you.

The enemy already has you outnumbered, might as well even the odds with 5 of your friends. Plus they're your friends! You can chat about stuff and LOL when someone eats a megid or hang out at the hotsprings afterward.

EvilSlacker
Nov 15, 2007, 08:21 AM
One advantage to this game is that you can solo or party when you feel like it. There are definitely times that I prefer one or the other. As for rares, I've gotten them solo and in a good party. So be grateful for the choice. As for getting the money, I am just glad money is still semi-relevant in the game. What ever I haven't found myself, I have been fortunate enough to buy.

Reginaldo
Nov 15, 2007, 11:04 AM
Honestly, the best way to obtain what you want is through trade boards such as the one on this site.

Soulvayne
Nov 15, 2007, 11:25 AM
I mainly solo to level my Bullets but if I have friends online I definetely hit them up for party as Solo'ing can get boring fast unless its killer shot in GoF S2 thats always exciting running for my life as fireballs come through the wall.

Kinako78
Nov 15, 2007, 11:30 AM
I only solo when my friends aren't on. And it's ok, but it gets boring fairly quickly.

Velenro
Nov 15, 2007, 11:55 AM
Hmmm intresting... i play solo alot and in the long run is gets utterly boring i find myself logging off because its that boring... and to me the whole point of playing online is to meet people and be part of a comunity... or is that just me xD soloing has its benefits thats true... but meeting others makes online so much more intresting i think... just my 2 cents

BahnKnakyu
Nov 15, 2007, 12:32 PM
From what I can tell, the amount of time it takes someone to clear a mission increases exponentially as the number of players you have decreases. The problem with soloing is that Sonic Team has made each class *weak* at certain points. They put certain enemies in missions with certain resistances and/or odd quirks about them that makes it VERY difficult to solo unless you are the right class for the job. Try take a Hunter inside Grove of Fanatics - you'll find yourself being useless there unless you bring 50% weapons with you. Demons Above sucks without someone who can apply SEs easily to Tengoghs, and so on and so forth.

As more and more people are added to the party, the overall effectiveness increases not just by the number of people in the party, but far more than that, because each member (if they're skilled players) are properly covering for other party members' weaknesses. i.e. The Hunter/Ranger neutralizing enemies with support PAs while the fT nukes the enemies down to oblivion. If you were to solo as an fT, you'd not only take at least 2x as long to kill these guys, but ALSO have to spend a ton of time casting resta on yourself and dodging enemies while trying not to die while you're at the same time attempting to do damage.

But yeah, solo in PSU sucks since there's no "One Player" mode like in PSOBB.