PDA

View Full Version : Question about Boma Duranga

DesertGunner
Nov 15, 2007, 07:52 AM
Does it use PP as well or just your health?

Starrz
Nov 15, 2007, 07:55 AM
Of course.

amtalx
Nov 15, 2007, 07:55 AM
Uses PP and reflects damage.

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 08:46 AM
It uses your PP and your FT's PP. =>.>=

DesertGunner
Nov 15, 2007, 09:37 AM
I don't have a FT!!!

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 09:42 AM
I'm talking about the FT who's behind/next to you, diligently keeping your HP up while you spend it for Duranga.

Sasamichan
Nov 15, 2007, 09:48 AM
On 2007-11-15 06:42, Remedy wrote:
I'm talking about the FT who's behind/next to you, diligently keeping your HP up while you spend it for Duranga.

My philosophy on using that PA when im on my fT is "use it at your own risk". (Unless you use it on a boss)

Rashiid
Nov 15, 2007, 09:49 AM
In short terms, It takes health.
When using on mutiple targets/creatures (I.e: De Ragnus, Svaltus), make sure you have a techer that is willing to heal you, because 3 shots = doom.

Or stack up on trimates.

The2dCour
Nov 15, 2007, 09:51 AM
I have a Hampster with a Napoleon hat that keeps me cured during Duranga.
I also wouldnt be too worried about PP using Duranga. Any 9* Launcher has
enough PP to basically take down a boss with a four person group before
running out. Be more concerned about someone tapping you on the shoulder
after two or three targets crit for 1700+.

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah, well, some FTs care about their party. Some don't. *shrug*

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 11:02 AM
Some only care about people who don't spam Duranga on everything they see. :|

Soulvayne
Nov 15, 2007, 11:11 AM
I Dont' really see the point of spamming Duranga during a mission unless its being spammed on an enemy with multiple hit locations. Since on large enemies it either knocks them down or flinches them most of the time. If you are spamming it on a boss and do not have a FT make sure you are quick on hitting trimates on your pallete, I've accidentally killed myself so many times on De Ragnus (pallette had Agtarides as the item to use instead of Trimate) its not funny.

pikachief
Nov 15, 2007, 11:17 AM
my friend gets mad when i dont use it on bosses cuz hes trying to lvl up his resta for Acrotecher XD

he also gets mad when i purposely star atomize everyone constantly XD

beatrixkiddo
Nov 15, 2007, 11:20 AM
The only thing I use Duranga on besides bosses is dangerous enemies like Gaozoran or Olgohmons. If I can pin them in a corner with Duranga, you can sure as hell bet I'm gonna.

Sasamichan
Nov 15, 2007, 11:25 AM
On 2007-11-15 08:20, beatrixkiddo wrote:
The only thing I use Duranga on besides bosses is dangerous enemies like Gaozoran or Olgohmons. If I can pin them in a corner with Duranga, you can sure as hell bet I'm gonna.

You have other elements that you can pin them with.

CelestialBlade
Nov 15, 2007, 12:25 PM
I have no problem with people using Duranga on everything they see if they so wish, but I expect them to bring a proportional amount of healing items with them if they're going to do so. Be prepared for what you're getting in to, don't be 100% reliant on someone else.

Rashiid
Nov 15, 2007, 12:25 PM
Olgohmons = Silence-nade. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

biggabertha
Nov 15, 2007, 12:35 PM
Is it possible to be on full health with Boma Duranga, shoot it, hit four targets with it and then just DIE because you dealt TOO much damage? Or at that point in time, you have too many levels according to your own strength?

Hmm... I guess the above scenario would work if you were Lv. 1....

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 01:21 PM
Maybe if you were a level 1/10 FG with Level 40 Duranga. (possible in AotI)

I do know that one of my friends on JP says he can two-shot himself if he hits all four times.

haruna
Nov 15, 2007, 02:04 PM
Duranga uses PP. It only takes your HP if you do damage so if you miss a lot, your HP won't drain so fast. =P

I've died once or twice due to an unexpected critical or 2 when I thought I could chuck 1 more bomb before taking a trimate. It's not draining so fast I can't anticipate healing.

HFlowen
Nov 15, 2007, 02:05 PM
I tend to die when the grenade is in mid air and something knocks me down without time to get up and pop a trimate. >.o

Tita
Nov 15, 2007, 02:09 PM
i think it's the best PA ever made.
i'm all about huge trade offs for huge damage. if i'm a healer, i dont mind babysitting your ass.
that PA is awesome sauce just in principle.

panzer_unit
Nov 15, 2007, 03:33 PM
A lv1/10 fG wouldn't have the ATA to equip a grenade launcher.

PP capacity's always been the big problem on grenades for me. Even in teams they can whip through a few photon charges. I'm really looking forward to picking up Duranga since it means I can pack a Kubara grenade launcher for more PP/Regen when I'm trying to do crowd control and statuses... because my base ATP is enough that Duranga should still do good damage and in extreme cases it can self-pwn by doing TOO MUCH damage, the super low weapon ATP is almost an advantage.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 15, 2007, 06:42 PM
Just make sure you have enough mates and charges, since Duranga eats both of them like extra-salty popcorn. I can't wait to use Gur Bazga with it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

pikachief
Nov 15, 2007, 07:12 PM
would be a perfect PA if guntechers could use grenade launchers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif