PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Acrotecher will be the new noob class

Sekani
Nov 15, 2007, 10:56 AM
Discuss (calmly and rationally if possible).

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 10:58 AM
Probably.

__Beeb__
Nov 15, 2007, 11:00 AM
Disagree.

I don't see why. Being relied upon to buff and heal isn't appealing to nubingtons.

Rizen
Nov 15, 2007, 11:01 AM
Well, I think the way you phrase the title will set the mood of the topic. If you want to have a civil discussion, don't use the word "noob" in the title.

Anyway, I think Acrotecher will drop attention because they have exclusive use of S rank whips and 40 Support. Also the fact that they have decent offensive ability (not referring to just melee here), they seem to be a solid class for people to play with.

Aside from that I'm sure every class has people who play it for the wrong reason. Its given in any MMO.

CelestialBlade
AcroFIGHTER might be. I bet a lot of people will choose Acrotecher but won't know what the hell they're doing.

Kinako78
Disagree. Noobs probably only care about being the strongest they can be in whatever field they choose to excel in.

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 11:03 AM
Pre-nerf slicers. Nuff said.

amtalx
Nov 15, 2007, 11:06 AM
Doubtful, the noob classes are almost always melee oriented. It's a lot easier to be al "Duurrr! Mash muh PA button" than it is to try and use a class that doesn't have elevnety-billion HP.

Kinako78
Nov 15, 2007, 11:08 AM
Amen to that, amtalx.

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 11:09 AM
On 2007-11-15 08:06, amtalx wrote:
Doubtful, the noob classes are almost always melee oriented. It's a lot easier to be al "Duurrr! Mash muh PA button" than it is to try and use a class that doesn't have elevnety-billion HP.

What about the old Dumbarta?

Broodstar1337
Nov 15, 2007, 11:12 AM
lol. Acrotecher isn't anywhere close to being a noob class.

Sasamichan
Nov 15, 2007, 11:28 AM
Wonder how many n00bs will have underleveled buffs on AT.

February
Nov 15, 2007, 11:32 AM
I disagree, just because I think the class elitism a lot of you people have is absolutely ridiculous.

CelestialBlade
On 2007-11-15 08:28, Sasamichan wrote:

I'm hoping we'll be seeing a massive amount of buff parties between the end of Cup and the beginning of AoI. I know I need to bump up my GT's buffs and prep my AT's as well.

Kinako78
Depends on what you see as "underleveled".

edit: *agrees with February's post below me*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2007-11-15 08:33 ]</font>

amtalx
Nov 15, 2007, 11:34 AM
On 2007-11-15 08:09, Schubalts wrote:

What about the old Dumbarta?

Noob Dambarta usage: Runs up to the front and tries to cast Dambarta to hold off a mob. Screws up the timing and gets 2-shotted by Go Varhas.

*switches back to Fighgunner*

Kinako78
Nov 15, 2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah, same here. Guess I need to start playing during the day again.

Kinako78
Nov 15, 2007, 11:36 AM
*raises eyebrow* Are you serious?

Sasamichan
Nov 15, 2007, 11:36 AM
On 2007-11-15 08:32, Kinako78 wrote:
Depends on what you see as "underleveled".

Anything below Lv3 buffs.

Sasamichan
Nov 15, 2007, 11:39 AM
Yes. Mind you, this is just buffs. If you are using lv1 or 2 buffs, I may as well buff myself.

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 11:40 AM
On 2007-11-15 08:32, Kinako78 wrote:
Depends on what you see as "underleveled".Anything below 31, just as a FT with anything below 21 has underleveled buffs.

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 11:41 AM
Then go buff yourself. Sorry for not spending days doing nothing but buff parties, as we have better things to do with our playing time.

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 11:43 AM
Days? It takes less than 8 hours to take all four buffs from 11 to 21. Just go join a buff party for an hour or so a day... or do it overnight while you're sleeping. *shrug*

Sasamichan
Nov 15, 2007, 11:43 AM
On 2007-11-15 08:41, Schubalts wrote:
Then go buff yourself. Sorry for not spending days doing nothing but buff parties, as we have better things to do with our playing time.

Then I hope you don't party with me when you are on AT or fT for that matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2007-11-15 08:44 ]</font>

Sasamichan
Nov 15, 2007, 11:45 AM
Go Remedy!

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 11:48 AM
Buff parties do not always have 6 people. Nor do they always exist.

Kinako78
Nov 15, 2007, 11:49 AM
All my buffs are at least level 11. And as for doing it overnight, I'm on PS2, so no chance.

Pillan
Nov 15, 2007, 11:51 AM
Both Acro- classes will be noob classes for the first few months and then people will realize how weak AT is compared to the hunter classes and/or remember their double saber/axe lust and return to FG/fF.

That's how I see it anyway.

Sasamichan
Nov 15, 2007, 11:53 AM
On 2007-11-15 08:48, Schubalts wrote:
Buff parties do not always have 6 people. Nor do they always exist.

There will be some when AoI is released.

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 11:54 AM
They sell turbo-fire controllers for PS2, y'know. And if a buff party doesn't exist... make one? NPCs provide at least two other targets to hit, and they level decently enough with three people.

Rizen
Nov 15, 2007, 11:55 AM
On 2007-11-15 08:43, Remedy wrote:
Days? It takes less than 8 hours to take all four buffs from 11 to 21. Just go join a buff party for an hour or so a day... or do it overnight while you're sleeping. *shrug*

Personally, it took me about 4 hrs to get all my buffs from 6~11-21. Of course, I was spamming with Wand and Me/Quick right next to a cube. Quite costly, but I was willing to dish out the meseta.

Kinako78
Nov 15, 2007, 11:55 AM
On 2007-11-15 08:54, Remedy wrote:
They sell turbo-fire controllers for PS2, y'know. And if a buff party doesn't exist... make one? NPCs provide at least two other targets to hit, and they level decently enough with three people.

I'm not talking about a controller. I'm just talking about I don't want to leave my PS2 on that long out of fear of overheating.

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 11:59 AM
I've left my PS2 on overnight because I was in the middle of an Item World run in Disgaea 2 and couldn't save. Nothing wrong happened with it. Don't cover its fan ports and let it be out in the open and it'll be fine.

And yeah, it's faster with a /Quick and with wands. When I did my buffs, I didn't have Me/Quick yet, and I don't use wands. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

danny_o
Nov 15, 2007, 12:00 PM
On 2007-11-15 07:56, Sekani wrote:
Discuss (calmly and rationally if possible).

Ummm, like Rizen said, you haven't set the tone in a civil manner. I disagree, because Acrotecher doesn't get to use big weapons.

Noob class? Hunter, always and forever!

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-11-15 09:00, danny_o wrote:
Noob class? HunterHUmar, always and forever!Fixed.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 15, 2007, 12:11 PM
Well, if you have a slimline, I can see that happening since the fan isn't as great or big, but..I've left my PS2 (fat kind :3) on for about 34 hours before, since I was doing a 24 hour endurance race in Gran Turismo 4 and kept taking breaks.

So surely..leaving it on for like..8-9 hours will be fine. Besides..back when I used to play a LOT, grinding to level 100, it would be on for at LEAST 11 hours at a time, so..no worries http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Now...*cracks knuckles* to deal with this guy..

amtalx, you seem to misunderstand. You think Fortefighters just, "Durrrr" and hit the PA button all day and it requires no sort of skill to play the type at all?

Now granted, I will say that it is a rather easy type to pick up, since it's your typical Fighter class like any other online game has. It provides you with a lot of defense and attack power, so not much is needed outside of that.

However...

just because this doesn't require the same kind of effort as say, a Fortetecher or a Protranser does NOT mean it caters to cavemen, which you seem to think it does, judging from your reply.

I don't really appreciate you treating me as if I'm some kind of caveman and I have the intelligence of an eggplant, just because I play this type. I have spent MANY MANY hours perfecting my skill with the Sword to adjust to many different situations and continue to work on my skills to this day of changing directions in a swift motion to try and not waste energy or perform useless actions.

Not ONLY do you claim that I'm the type to go, "Duurrr! Mash muh PA button", but you ALSO had the nerve to imply that I was a noob with your statement , "the noob classes are almost always melee oriented". Well, I regret to inform you that your are incorrect and I am not that of which you have labeled me as. So, you might want to go home and do your homework before trying to sound like a "noob" yourself.

Next time you should consider when to let your tongue loose like that. Not everyone here will agree with you. Good day, sir.

CelestialBlade
Nov 15, 2007, 12:17 PM
On 2007-11-15 09:11, Kikumaru wrote:
amtalx, you seem to misunderstand. You think Fortefighters just, "Durrrr" and hit the PA button all day and it requires no sort of skill to play the type at all?

Now granted, I will say that it is a rather easy type to pick up, since it's your typical Fighter class like any other online game has. It provides you with a lot of defense and attack power, so not much is needed outside of that.

However...

just because this doesn't require the same kind of effort as say, a Fortetecher or a Protranser does NOT mean it caters to cavemen, which you seem to think it does, judging from your reply.

I don't really appreciate you treating me as if I'm some kind of caveman and I have the intelligence of an eggplant, just because I play this type. I have spent MANY MANY hours perfecting my skill with the Sword to adjust to many different situations and continue to work on my skills to this day of changing directions in a swift motion to try and not waste energy or perform useless actions.

Not ONLY do you claim that I'm the type to go, "Duurrr! Mash muh PA button", but you ALSO had the nerve to imply that I was a noob with your statement , "the noob classes are almost always melee oriented". Well, I regret to inform you that your are incorrect and I am not that of which you have labeled me as. So, you might want to go home and do your homework before trying to sound like a "noob" yourself.

Next time you should consider when to let your tongue loose like that. Not everyone here will agree with you. Good day, sir.

He didn't seem to infer that every single Fortefighter is an idiot. I believe he's just saying that it's the class that most "noobs" gravitate toward because they seem to think stats will make up for a complete lack of skill. This of course is not a true description of a good Fortefighter, but most people are lazy.

Rashiid
Nov 15, 2007, 12:23 PM
It will not.
People will have their whip fun, but then when they realise that the constant request for resta/buffs are in demand, they will leave A.S.A.P.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-11-15 09:23 ]</font>

Trinitaria
Nov 15, 2007, 12:23 PM
Most will flock to it becuase it is new, however once they start getting knocked down, they will probably regress back to their old classes and leave the true supporters do their job.

So it will be the "temporary" newbie class, yes.

biggabertha
Nov 15, 2007, 12:33 PM
It's so easy to have a spear, Dus Majillion and then mash the PA button and do EXTREMELY well. The 1Up Cup might as well have been called the Dus Majillion Cup because that's what it was. THree people using Dus Majillion and a Force of some kind to heal and buff was probably the most popular and robust team to 10 point missions.

That and the all gunner groups

On topic:

I don't think it'll be Acrotechers that will be the new popular class to be, it'll be Acrofighter or Fortefighter with that swanky new Slicer. It's so easy to use and so very powerful that it be the most popular thing going. Attacking with melee from a distance? YES PLEASE.

(Then again, EX traps on Protransers may be popular too... Not many people can resist a job class when they see S rank in ALL of its weapons.)

Mag_Launcher
Nov 15, 2007, 12:45 PM
On 2007-11-15 09:33, biggabertha wrote:
Not many people can resist a job class when they see S rank in ALL of its weapons.

At least until they see the stats they get when they first start out as one, because those S ranks are gonna be a distant dream for quite a while.

RedCoKid
Nov 15, 2007, 01:05 PM
On 2007-11-15 08:55, Kinako78 wrote:
I'm not talking about a controller. I'm just talking about I don't want to leave my PS2 on that long out of fear of overheating.
My slim PS2 sits on top of a cookie cooling rack.

On 2007-11-15 09:11, Kikumaru wrote:
Now...*cracks knuckles* to deal with this guy..

However...

It's so easy to use Fortefighter, a beast could do it.

waluigi1
Nov 15, 2007, 01:18 PM
It's so easy to use Fortefighter, a beast could do it.
Now I'm not dissing Beasts or anything but that made me lol.

chaoskila
Nov 15, 2007, 01:19 PM
YES SIR lol

Palle
Nov 15, 2007, 02:18 PM
On 2007-11-15 09:17, Typheros wrote:
I believe he's just saying that...they seem to think stats will make up for a complete lack of skill.Perhaps I've misunderstood, but isn't that what almost everyone on this forum thinks? If so, it would explain the never-ending series of requests for info on the 'best' race/type combo, and the hare-brained responses they generate.

It's well and good to play as an elitist as is your wont, but I don't see why it's unacceptable to acknowledge casual play as equally valid.

Personally, I'd rather do B runs with a LV30 Human Fighgunner who has fun playing his "noob" type in his own style than win all the rares in the world while having to play a type I don't want as a race I don't like simply because this community says it's what I'm supposed, or what I should, or what I must do.

For the record, I voted "Disagree."

chibiLegolas
Nov 15, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-11-15 08:51, Pillan wrote:
Both Acro- classes will be noob classes for the first few months and then people will realize how weak AT is compared to the hunter classes and/or remember their double saber/axe lust and return to FG/fF.

Agree. The impulse to go aT to play with whips and ability to heal while lvling up a new class is too tempting for most. A lot of ppl will try it out, but support classes aren't for everyone.

mll
Nov 15, 2007, 02:30 PM
I'd say it'll be the most popular techer class, so for obvious reasons it'll have the most noobs (i hate that term).

Iduno
Nov 15, 2007, 02:51 PM
a few words to the elitists who believe all buffs should be 21+ or in the expansion 31+

A) buff partys feel like an exploit to me (especialy since we won't be able to do them in aoi )

and B) you can just be gratefull for what buffs you're given you ungrateful swines or you'll get none at all, Techers dont have to buff you and if I go acrotecher in aoi (fortecher now) anyone who complains about buff levels is not only getting no buffs but they can heal themselves too!

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-11-15 11:51, Iduno wrote:
<two stupid points>To address point A, you are entirely incorrect. Buff parties still work just fine in AotI, and nothing about them is an exploitation of anything whatsoever.

To address point B, I put out 100% of my best effort when I walk into a party, and I expect that from everyone in my group. I expect quality buffs, good damage output, and actual passion about your job. Acrotechers are support Forces, first and foremost, and if you're going to have some greedy mindset about "i dont wanna level my buffs" and take offense when I ask why you don't have Retier 31 for my TP, then you don't deserve to be an Acrotecher.

mll
Nov 15, 2007, 03:00 PM
And another techer thread goes down the toilet

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-11-15 11:58, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-11-15 11:51, Iduno wrote:
<two stupid points>To address point A, you are entirely incorrect. Buff parties still work just fine in AotI, and nothing about them is an exploitation of anything whatsoever.

To address point B, I put out 100% of my best effort when I walk into a party, and I expect that from everyone in my group. I expect quality buffs, good damage output, and actual passion about your job. Acrotechers are support Forces, first and foremost, and if you're going to have some greedy mindset about "i dont wanna level my buffs" and take offense when I ask why you don't have Retier 31 for my TP, then you don't deserve to be an Acrotecher.

"Deserve" to be a class they want to play? Now this elitist bull is going too damn far. When you pay their 10 bucks a month, you can dictate what level their skills are at, and at NO other time. Do you think that Fortetechers who don't have every tech at 21+ don't "deserve" to be Fortetechers? What about every other class that can take a PA higher than 20? Do they not "deserve" to play their class if they don't have every available PA at 21+? If you don't think the same about classes other than Acrotecher, then shut the hell up.

Iduno
Nov 15, 2007, 03:12 PM
Im sorry but having 40 supports doesn not make acrotechers your heal and buff slaves and people like you who seem to think so are the greedy ones demanding we change the way we play to suit your needs I bet your the kind of person who will die before eating a trimate because a force is in your party and then cuss them out for not running around babysitting you all the time.

Also even if I was misinformed about the buff partys they still reek of exploit, all other skills need you to be actually playing to level and im sure sitting round a cube pressing the buff buttons is'nt how the games meant to be played, altough my buffs aren't the highest they were leveled completly naturaly and that is much more of an achievement then sitting around a cube for a few hours spamming buffs and charging

btw. that was to remedy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iduno on 2007-11-15 12:14 ]</font>

UltimateCarl
Nov 15, 2007, 03:14 PM
Well, one thing you have to consider is that our information so far comes from these here PSOW forums. Granted, PSU doesn't have a huge amount of players and most of them probably know about PSOW, but isn't most of the Acrotecher hype here so far built off of Japanese stats and videos that were posted here? Most PSU players haven't seen those, and as a result, the only real selling points of the class to your "Average Joe" are whips and level 40 buffs.

Personally, I find whips to be an interesting addition but always have seen them as an awkward weapon. Certainly it's not one most people consider "OMG LEETZ", or at least to the extent of a giant lightsaber katana. And level 40 buffs? In what online game has the "buffing class" EVER been the "noob class"?

So, I voted disagree. I'm sure we'll get quite a few PSO-Worlders to jump ship to Acrotecher, and I'm sure they'll have fun. Then some will probably see that it isn't 100% what they expected, and may leave. I don't see it being a popular class. I think these "Acrotecher noobs" are just boogeymen stories we created ourselves.

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 03:17 PM
If a class offers something to a party that they have SOLE dominion over, then yes, it is not an irrational expectation of them to bring that to the table.

Call me elitist if you want, but I called out other FOs in PSO that didn't have level 30 Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure, I've called out FTs that didn't have 21+ Shifta/Deband/Zodial/Retier, and you bet your behind that I'll call out ATs that don't have 31+ Shifta/Deband/Zodial/Retier. I'm not even asking you to get it to 40 - 40 is completely pointless. Get it to the point where it's 25% bonus (or 23% after they end up nerfing support techs - no idea when it happens, but it will), and then level it "naturally".

Support is such an integral part to a party's well-being that yes, I'll be "elitist" over it.

Palle
Nov 15, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-11-15 12:00, mll wrote:
And another techer thread goes down the toilet
Agreed, there's epic douchebaggery afoot and it's high time this site had a blacklist feature. :/

Gryffin
Nov 15, 2007, 03:20 PM
I liked Acrotechers before they were cool :<

Like, before everyone realized whips do pretty good damage, and that the AT's dodge alot, and yeah..... :<

Besides, it's only a noob class if you play as it along with everyone else, and suck at it, or don't use it to it's full potential.

Like figh's without and guns, fortefighters who don't tank, techers without bows, and gunners who don't know when and when not to use things like grenades or shotguns.... and people who don't use traps as protransers.

It's all based on the player http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kylie
Nov 15, 2007, 03:23 PM
Not with me. The class does not make the moron, the moron makes the class.

omegapirate2k
Nov 15, 2007, 03:24 PM
Castlevania characters.

That is all.

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-11-15 12:17, Remedy wrote:
If a class offers something to a party that they have SOLE dominion over, then yes, it is not an irrational expectation of them to bring that to the table.

Call me elitist if you want, but I called out other FOs in PSO that didn't have level 30 Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure, I've called out FTs that didn't have 21+ Shifta/Deband/Zodial/Retier, and you bet your behind that I'll call out ATs that don't have 31+ Shifta/Deband/Zodial/Retier. I'm not even asking you to get it to 40 - 40 is completely pointless. Get it to the point where it's 25% bonus (or 23% after they end up nerfing support techs - no idea when it happens, but it will), and then level it "naturally".

Support is such an integral part to a party's well-being that yes, I'll be "elitist" over it.

Buffs are not integral to the party's wellbeing. Not getting everyone killed is integral. Buffs don't magically activate god-mode for 3 minutes. They help the party, butt they sure as hell are not integral. And NO Acrotechers do NOT have ANYWHERE near "sole dominion" over support techniques. Just because another can get a PA to a higher level than another class does mean that the lower PA class loses the ability to use said PA. Your Fortetecher inferiority complex is just getting stupid now.

And answer my question: Do you think that every class with access to level 30+ PAs needs to have every PA they can use at 21+?

Iduno
Nov 15, 2007, 03:27 PM
actualy acrotechers wont just be difined by buffs, they still get lvl 30 attacking techniques S rank whips (and there will be S grinders so they will be stronger then 9* with 10 grinds) and having PAs and bullets up to 20 isnt bad so an acrotecher should be perfectly functional even without buffs *points to the vidio posted not long ago* the acrotecher in that video was kicking ass so theres proof right there

btw. I do think acrotechers would be wise to buff but I see any buffs and healing given as a bonus and thank the force regardless of the level (I heal and buff also with my techer but also expect people to show some independence if they're going to run off ahead as I only have 1 pair of hands and cannot be expected to be there every time the hunter needs a heal or buff and as stated above do not expect it from anyone else even on my Ff and Fg characters)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iduno on 2007-11-15 12:37 ]</font>

Notos
Nov 15, 2007, 03:40 PM
On 2007-11-15 11:27, chibiLegolas wrote:

Agree. The impulse to go aT to play with whips and ability to heal while lvling up a new class is too tempting for most. A lot of ppl will try it out, but support classes aren't for everyone.

Kay... Just for you, I'll tell you two secrets.
1) Whip suck.
2) AT is not a support class.

Don't make me barge in your house and install aoi to show you.

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-11-15 12:40, Notos wrote:

1) Whip suck.

Other AoI players disagree.

UltimateCarl
Nov 15, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-11-15 12:24, omegapirate2k wrote:
Castlevania characters.

That is all.
OH SH-

You're right! I'd completely forgotten about that... Acrotechers FTW.

Notos
Nov 15, 2007, 03:54 PM
On 2007-11-15 12:42, Schubalts wrote:

1) Whip suck.

Other AoI players disagree.

That's directed to Kay, not you. Whoever you are.

Schubalts
Nov 15, 2007, 04:02 PM
Public post, so I'll comment on it if I want. Only your PMs are private! >:O

Notos
Nov 15, 2007, 04:05 PM
But I'm not going to your house to install aoi. lol

McLaughlin
Nov 15, 2007, 04:19 PM
On 2007-11-15 12:27, Iduno wrote:
actualy acrotechers wont just be difined by buffs, they still get lvl 30 attacking techniques S rank whips (and there will be S grinders so they will be stronger then 9* with 10 grinds) and having PAs and bullets up to 20 isnt bad so an acrotecher should be perfectly functional even without buffs *points to the vidio posted not long ago* the acrotecher in that video was kicking ass so theres proof right there

btw. I do think acrotechers would be wise to buff but I see any buffs and healing given as a bonus and thank the force regardless of the level (I heal and buff also with my techer but also expect people to show some independence if they're going to run off ahead as I only have 1 pair of hands and cannot be expected to be there every time the hunter needs a heal or buff and as stated above do not expect it from anyone else even on my Ff and Fg characters)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iduno on 2007-11-15 12:37 ]</font>

If they want to use Whips mainly, they ought to be Acrofighters. If they want to play with guns they should be Fortegunner. If they want to use Attack Techs primarily, they ought to be Fortetechers.

However, I'd have to call Fortegunner the easiest class to play. You do high damage from areas where you are in no danger of repercussion.

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 04:20 PM
Uh... AFs don't get whips. WTs do, though.

Edit: lol, like anyone would be FT just for whips

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-11-15 13:20 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Nov 15, 2007, 04:25 PM
On 2007-11-15 13:20, Remedy wrote:
Uh... AFs don't get whips. WTs do, though.

Edit: lol, like anyone would be FT just for whips

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-11-15 13:20 ]</font>

Really? Learn something every day.

RemiusTA
Nov 15, 2007, 04:26 PM
you people DO know you can change your class anytime you want...right?

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 04:27 PM
*shrug* I don't play other classes. They bore me.

The_Gio
Nov 15, 2007, 04:31 PM

lol who the hell are you partying with.

Aviendha
Nov 15, 2007, 05:11 PM

Then...what is it? Weaker WT with worse weapon selection? All they really have over WT is buffs - WT's higher lvl Skills and higher ATP more than make up for lacking S-rank whips and their bullets and techs are the same level...

Expecting someone to contribute to the party in the most effective way they can is not unreasonable. I'm not saying everyone should have a pallete of +10 S-ranks and be the "ideal race", but using the right PAs for a given situation is a start. I will call out people spamming PAs wrong for the situation (Tornado Dance/Anga Jabroga/Gravity Break on Ageeta, Any gun other than Rifle/Bow/Nades on a Boss, Regrants on anything that gets launched)

AT may or may not do respectable melee damage, but they are not a melee-based class. They are tech-based and the best way they can contribute to the party in nearly every situation is to use support techs. If you don't want to play support, don't play AT. That is really the only reason to play AT over any other class in the game. As someone said earlier, AT's job is to keep the party a well-oiled machine. This is a duty I both enjoy and perform well on my FT now, so I'll be making the switch. If you're more interested in doing damage, play a damage class (Anything hunter or ranger should work).

Nyreal
Nov 15, 2007, 05:12 PM
I'd say Slicers. Hell, I'm going to abuse them to create an alt. Until the nerf...

Which translates to Acrofighter. Though both of the new classes will be popular for awhile.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 15, 2007, 06:01 PM
Fortefighter and Figunner still greatly outnumber us fortetechers. Many fortetechers will flock to AT though. So no, Acrotechter will not be anything of newb class, cause it will only appeal to techer types, and techer fans don't outnumber melee ones.

I truly doubt hunter nubs are gonna wanna try AT, if anything it will be AF.

Mystil
Nov 15, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2007-11-15 08:28, Sasamichan wrote:

haha, oh it will be a lot of them.

Darkly
Nov 15, 2007, 06:44 PM
A n00b is a n00b and will always be a n00b regardless of class.

ITS A GAME - who cares if a lot of people flock over to a new class and they suck at it, leave them be. Play with your friends, they're not idiots.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 15, 2007, 06:55 PM
On 2007-11-15 11:58, Remedy wrote:
To address point A, you are entirely incorrect. Buff parties still work just fine in AotI, and nothing about them is an exploitation of anything whatsoever.

Sorry I came so late back into this thread, but I'd just like to say I agree with Remedy's post really. Now now..before you get up and start bashing me with stones, I'll explain why first.

It's a VERY simple concept. If I'm out there busting my ass doing the best I can and contribute to the party as an exceptional asset, then I expect the others to be putting forth effort as well and do their damn jobs, instead of doing something half-assed.

I can't tell you HOW many times I've gotten upset at a Fortetecher for not having Shifa to a GOOD level and they keep canceling out my ATP consumable, when it's BETTER than their buff. It's one thing to be working on it and trying to improve yourself, but when they are sitting at level 100 and they don't have a single buff maxed out, you just want to ask them, "Just exactly what HAVE you been doing with that character..?".

They just want to keep casting foie against fire monsters because it's their "strongest" technic. I'm sorry, but..this is STUPID to do. I don't care if it's your highest level, use something more practical! You're doing less damage and making me have to pick up your slack, because you're wanting to fight fire with fire -.-...

Well, what it boils down to for me is this..I think you should at least TRY to show some sort of passion when playing as your character. If you don't like the type you chose, guess what..you can just change types!

I would MUCH rather party with someone who is enjoying themselves and is actually contributing to the party, instead of sitting there complaining about all sorts of things and making me have to do more work because they are putting forth little to no effort at all, then they get all upset when I address they should work on their lower level technics.

So, about the whole "deserving" bit..sure, they are the ones that pay $10 a month to play on that character and you are ABSOLUTELY right (this is addressed to another person, not you Remedy)..they can do whatever the hell they want to with the character, but guess what! I'm ALSO paying $10 to party with your lazy ass!

I'm paying $10 to enjoy myself and if you're taking away that experience for me because you're doing everything in a half-assed manner, I have every damn right to complain and judge you. After seeing such a great Fortetecher, and even the ones who are trying, but may not have such great things..when they all put your work to shame, no..I'm not going to think you deserve to play that type at all.

Have you ever heard of something like, disgrace? Someone who makes a type look so pathetic, you wonder how they could even have the nerve to get online..that's the kind of people we have to party with..the people who spend $10 just like US..who you apparently think we have no right to criticize.

In any case, I don't really care what type it is..if they aren't even putting forth the effort to do their job, I'd rather them not be online to begin with, just to ruin my experience, instead of staying in the party and have the NERVE to bitch at me after I make a statement about you not being a valuable asset.

Take it as you will, but this is how I feel on the matter.

Notos
Nov 15, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-11-15 14:11, Aviendha wrote:

Then...what is it? Weaker WT with worse weapon selection? All they really have over WT is buffs - WT's higher lvl Skills and higher ATP more than make up for lacking S-rank whips and their bullets and techs are the same level...

Expecting someone to contribute to the party in the most effective way they can is not unreasonable. I'm not saying everyone should have a pallete of +10 S-ranks and be the "ideal race", but using the right PAs for a given situation is a start. I will call out people spamming PAs wrong for the situation (Tornado Dance/Anga Jabroga/Gravity Break on Ageeta, Any gun other than Rifle/Bow/Nades on a Boss, Regrants on anything that gets launched)

AT may or may not do respectable melee damage, but they are not a melee-based class. They are tech-based and the best way they can contribute to the party in nearly every situation is to use support techs. If you don't want to play support, don't play AT. That is really the only reason to play AT over any other class in the game. As someone said earlier, AT's job is to keep the party a well-oiled machine. This is a duty I both enjoy and perform well on my FT now, so I'll be making the switch. If you're more interested in doing damage, play a damage class (Anything hunter or ranger should work).

I love how one sentence turns into paragraphs of arguments. I can almost see you pop a vein. Calm down, I'll explain to you. lol

Since AT's buff last one minute longer than fT/GT, so you need to recast them less fequent over the course of the stage. Therefore, you're supporting less. On top of that, tech speed boos for AT makes your recasting extremely fast. You spend about 6 seconds every 5 minutes to cast all 5 buffs, then you're good to go.

On most of the stages, giresta (last 4 minutes) will take care of most damage that your party takes. This is combined with the highest tier buff. You'll rarely need to babysit your party. Of course, if you see buff mobs or mobs with bad SE, then you'll need to ready your heal stick. But you don't need to most of the time. If you're need to resta/reverser, you can put it on a magdog while you attack with a right hand wand or weapon. It'll be very quick so you can intetwine heal and attack even when facing mobs that does tons of damage. And this is why whip is bad. Whip is a very slow weapon even with AT speed boost. If you're using whip, you can't take advantage of AT's quick pace.

All that means you'll have a lot more time attacking if you're an AT instead of fT. And that's why I say AT not a support class. It's better at support than fT. But you spend much less time doing so. AT is a very quick pace class that allows you to attack most of the time. I personally call AT Assault Techer because it is played more aggressively than a fT.

And why are you bringing melee into the argument? That's only good for things with multiple hard points. But you need to run in and set up JA which is takes time. I can spam 3 or 4 foie/rafoie before the fF close in for his majrra. If I want to be evil, I run in with him and spam GI tech while he set up JA. Of course, then he takes out his slicer. But then again, nothing can compete with slicer except a slicer with higher %.

Finae
Nov 15, 2007, 07:37 PM
Read what ppl said, too bad too lazy to respond to any of it.

You should of added a "don't care" option to the poll. I'll play the arcopanzy classes just because its something new and I have a choice of choosing, just because someone says its "nub" doesn't mean I won't try it. So I guess I will be a nub if I play acropanzy, oh jeeze, I'm sooo so mad that you called me a nub because I wanted to try out a different class on my character. Go tell everyone on uni 2 that I am nub because I am AT/AF. Sad thing is, they are prolly AT/AF also haha.

In a party situation, would I care if I'm partying with lets say 5 AF or 5ATs (big lol there)? Nope, as long as they have a brain and a cool attitude I could care less as hey, I'm the sexy beast FF doing all the dmg and taking the hits haha. I might tell friends "you are nub, you are AT/AF," but its a joke and they know it. Serious people on the other hand in which I don't encounter a whole lot, well, they would take serious offense probably. And even then, I keep a calm attitude despite them being very hostile.

Buffs? Lol, I'ma laugh when I see a AT with lvl 1 buffs haha! No offense, but like somebody pointed out above (prolly remedy), cmon, you've had almost a year to get techs to 30 and don't put the classic "real life" excuse on there. This is not a MMORPG where it may take you months to go from 1-100, we're talking about measly techs that can be lvled when you're off from work or school. Now I can see if you are a new player, but if you've been playing this game for quite a while, either you are too lazy to spend x hours lvling buffs in a buff party or you simply just play by yourself all the time and use buff items. Do you call me a elitest after saying that? Well, don't care nevertheless lol.

Most nubs will be AF like others pointed out. Out of the two new classes, Af is not one I'm interested in. AT tho, I am despite its weapon selection http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Aviendha
Nov 15, 2007, 10:41 PM
On 2007-11-15 15:56, Notos wrote:

On 2007-11-15 14:11, Aviendha wrote:

blah blah I talk a lot

I love how one sentence turns into paragraphs of arguments. I can almost see you pop a vein. Calm down, I'll explain to you. lol

Since AT's buff last one minute longer than fT/GT, so you need to recast them less fequent over the course of the stage. Therefore, you're supporting less. On top of that, tech speed boos for AT makes your recasting extremely fast. You spend about 6 seconds every 5 minutes to cast all 5 buffs, then you're good to go.

On most of the stages, giresta (last 4 minutes) will take care of most damage that your party takes. This is combined with the highest tier buff. You'll rarely need to babysit your party. Of course, if you see buff mobs or mobs with bad SE, then you'll need to ready your heal stick. But you don't need to most of the time. If you're need to resta/reverser, you can put it on a magdog while you attack with a right hand wand or weapon. It'll be very quick so you can intetwine heal and attack even when facing mobs that does tons of damage. And this is why whip is bad. Whip is a very slow weapon even with AT speed boost. If you're using whip, you can't take advantage of AT's quick pace.

All that means you'll have a lot more time attacking if you're an AT instead of fT. And that's why I say AT not a support class. It's better at support than fT. But you spend much less time doing so. AT is a very quick pace class that allows you to attack most of the time. I personally call AT Assault Techer because it is played more aggressively than a fT.

And why are you bringing melee into the argument? That's only good for things with multiple hard points. But you need to run in and set up JA which is takes time. I can spam 3 or 4 foie/rafoie before the fF close in for his majrra. If I want to be evil, I run in with him and spam GI tech while he set up JA. Of course, then he takes out his slicer. But then again, nothing can compete with slicer except a slicer with higher %.

Sorry for bringing melee in, I just assumed (foolishly) that like everyone else you were going to be using a melee-heavy AT and kinda just ran with it, my bad.

Back to the support argument, I'm not sure I'm okay with describing the class with best support as "not a support class" but its really just semantics, because I see where you're going with your description of how AT plays, and I get what you mean so...you win. Oh, and the bit about slicers made me laugh a little. And cry a little.

R2R_Crysaki
Nov 16, 2007, 12:45 AM
Disagree

Nai_Calus
Nov 16, 2007, 03:20 AM
As an interesting note, JP ATs and importer ATs play the class like night and day. All the importer ones are obsessed with melee. All the JP ones I've played with have been buff/resta whores and use primarily techniques to attack with some melee thrown in once in a while. I actually don't remember the last time I saw a JP AT use a whip, if I've even seen it. >_>;