PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Disapointed

lantis-zagato
Nov 15, 2007, 11:09 AM
Is anyone else disapointed that they found virtually nothing during the entire 1-UP event? I have many other obligations that have kept me from playing for more than an hour or two here and there for most of the month. And it is so disapointing that everyone and their mother is running around with 50 million+ meseta and more S-ranks than they can carry. I guess im just jealous. I have been playing this game since the beginning and will continue to play unless my "real life" forces me to stop, LOL. But did anyone else blink and find the PSU community became very wealthy over night which has caused you to feel left out.

Kinako78
Nov 15, 2007, 11:12 AM
No, I'm not that disappointed really. That's just me, though.

Off-topic: Kudos for the MKR username. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Soulvayne
Nov 15, 2007, 11:16 AM
I'm only disappointed that I was unable to get my hands on a [b] Blackbull as it was the one item I truly coveted, and it seemed like every time my party reached the final boxes its been a [b] Stormline waiting for us. I can't complain though I've received so many S Rank boards (About 30 or so) and as my friends have put it I have no right to whine about not getting items. I think the best thing about this event is the friends I made while doing these missions as I was mainly a solo player before this event came out.

pikachief
Nov 15, 2007, 11:16 AM
i just dissapointed i missed half of this cup >.<

Bliven
Nov 15, 2007, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sad I missed most of the cup. Stupid microsoft and broken xboxes -_-

Ken_Silver
Nov 15, 2007, 11:21 AM
On 2007-11-15 08:09, lantis-zagato wrote:
Is anyone else disapointed that they found virtually nothing during the entire 1-UP event? I have many other obligations that have kept me from playing for more than an hour or two here and there for most of the month. And it is so disapointing that everyone and their mother is running around with 50 million+ meseta and more S-ranks than they can carry. I guess im just jealous. I have been playing this game since the beginning and will continue to play unless my "real life" forces me to stop, LOL. But did anyone else blink and find the PSU community became very wealthy over night which has caused you to feel left out.

I understand what you are saying. Compared to most, I don't have any real rares or anything cool at all. All store bought PA's and weapons (minus the Frying pan and rappy mode)plus my PM is on level 7. I also don't get to play too often either, due to life being so busy. And yes, I feel left out when people are talking about uber rares and 10+ star items and S rank missions as I sit on the sidelines and pull out a dictionary to keep up with the terms. It's like being thrown into a High School Phyiscs class in the 6th grade. But the way I see it, they put in the effort and thus they reap the rewards. I did gain a few levels during 1up but I am still far behind the majority of PSU players. But what can you do? In the end, you and I are screwed. But there is no need to complain about it *not to say that you are complaining http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif* for AOI should make things a bit easier for us.

I am glad that you posted this note though, so that the wealthy, and strong members of PSU don't forget those who struggle to keep up, catch up and afford the high priced goods at the stores. So if you see people online who have little to no meseta to their name and are below level 80, please don't think "sTfU nOoB!!!" We're just the unforunate ones http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Edit: I am on the PS2/PC servers, but being left out is being left out no matter what server you are on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ken_Silver on 2007-11-15 08:22 ]</font>

Kinako78
Nov 15, 2007, 11:22 AM
Well said, Silver.

lantis-zagato
Nov 15, 2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah I have to admit I am probably just being a baby. Other people have had less opportunity to play than I and it is sad in a way that we missed out on such a lucrative event as this. Ty for the kudos Kinako!

Ken_Silver
Nov 15, 2007, 11:26 AM
missing out is never good. But if makes you feel better lantis, ST is supposed to make getting to lv 100 and getting meseta much easier in AOI. So that should help us out a bit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

JAFO22000
Nov 15, 2007, 11:36 AM
With any event, there will be some who are dissappointed. Barring a miraculous string of luck tonight, I was unable to obtain a Blackbull board for a friend who helped me get the items I wanted. It was pretty short-sighted of ST to make FG S ranks harder to obtain. They are all either end box or boss box drops, which have sucky rates.

Besides this unfortunate oversight, all in all I had fun during the cup. It was a nice diversion from running Free Missions and did boost my meseta and EXP along with providing me with enough Kerseline to feed an army (should Kerseline be edible!). I got a Rappy Suit, Rappy Mode, Rabol Rappy (with a decent percentage!), swimwear, formal wear, decs...etc. Also, enough Magical Wands to last me until 2008.

C-0719
Nov 15, 2007, 01:21 PM
i got the 2 s ranks i wanted... but cant seem to find catilium to make it >.< other then that i gave away every other s rank i found

Sha Sha
Nov 15, 2007, 01:26 PM
I barely got my foot in the 1up door and then *SLAM* it closes ><
I didnt even get 1 s rank heck i got barely anything from this other then annoyed "friends"
but hey of anyone has an extra wartecher ot Figgygunner s rank, can i have it?

jayster
Nov 15, 2007, 01:52 PM
I made 25 million in 2 weeks.... This was my end wealth for the whole 3 weeks I played...

-[B] Gizaha-zashi X4 (sold 1 mil each)
-[B] Crea Doubles ( sold 2.5 mil)
-[B] Halarod (synthing)
-[B] Shi-Kikami ( sold 8 million)
-[B] Baji-Senba X6 (synthing)
-[B] Opra-Senba X3 ( synthing)
-[B] Crimson X2 ( sold 700k each)
-[B] Sweet Death X2 ( sold 1 million each)
-[B] Shigga Desta X2 (synthing)
-[B] Gur Bazga (synthing)
-[B] Blackbull (synthing)

I guess I'v been on the rather lucky side of this cup. I'v got almost every board that I'v seen drop.

I feel bad for you guys, but atleast the prices of S ranks have dropped. Maybe AOI will hold better fortune for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-11-15 10:53 ]</font>

Hokokaru
Nov 15, 2007, 02:09 PM
If by wealthy you mean sold all you weps for 3 crimsons that i only use then yes i am http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Galaxia
Nov 15, 2007, 02:12 PM
I got 15 lvls, Rappy suite, formal dress, S rank Gun to sell and had lots of fun!

Hokokaru
Nov 15, 2007, 02:17 PM
I'm pretty sad I missed most of the cup. Stupid microsoft and broken xboxes -_-
Same here, exept I got mine back on the 5th so I got the week of GC mission and the all 4 missions week

Miyuki
Nov 15, 2007, 02:19 PM
To OP, yes there was a lot to gain from 1up, and you probably missed out on a lot, but on the bright side you still have access to a lot as well. I don't know what class you are, but Song for Death is readily available and a great weapon if you're gunner. Rappy feathers are plentiful even on C if you're looking for formal wear or swimwear, rappy suit as well. Just those alone are substantial gains.
One of the best parts of 1up is the abundance of rares and semi-rares to the point where they're dirt cheap. Magical wands for 25k, pumpkinheads for 10k. If you've been playing since the beginning like I have you should have quite a bit of savings, though nothing like the hardcore players, to get at least some of the items you might have been wanting. Though I was quite fortunate during the event, I still had to go out and buy some of the items I wanted, but much cheaper than they were before.
Feeling jealous? Don't even think about it. Life is more important than gaming, and the people who care more about becoming superrich in a videogame than helping out others are simply pathetic. Part of the fun of 1up was friends helping friends do runs to get them weapons they were looking for, trading synth mats, etc. Nobody was worried so much about losing out on selling an item, just looking out for each other. Yeah, sure they're a lot of money out there, but so long as you can get some (maybe not all) of the items you want, you're ahead of the game.
LMK what class you are/what items you might want, and I'll see if I can help you out.

Arcturus
Nov 15, 2007, 02:45 PM
I found a [B] Two-Headed Ragnus. Yeah... that's it. Oh, and a Song of Death too. Wait... everyone has one of those.

YES I'm complaining about a video game. Why? I saw a ton of awesome stuff drop, and I just happened to not be the next one in order to recieve any of it.

ThEoRy
Nov 15, 2007, 04:14 PM
No, no I am quite satisfied thank you very much for asking.

Noblewine
Nov 15, 2007, 10:33 PM
Not exactly, I had fun helping people and making new friends online. I got a couple of rares though I won't be able to synth them until I get my PM Armor and Strike parameters a bit higher. <.<

EphekZ
Nov 15, 2007, 10:36 PM
I got nothing I wanted, but whatever, I didn't really need any of it.

omegapirate2k
Nov 15, 2007, 11:18 PM
I didn't find anything, per se.

But my friends found things for me, if that means anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif