PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Item: How do You & Your Team Deal with Item Distribution

MSAksion
Nov 15, 2007, 02:04 PM
Hello PSU Community.

BIG Question - even with RANDOM, IN ORDER, and the ridiculous GIVE FINDER - how do YOU and YOUR team handle the Rares distribution?

Scenario = Lets say Friend One has publically let known that he's looking for RARE WEAPON. Lets say that an entire month of 500% Increased Rare Drop has not produced said RARE WEAPON.

Lets say Friend TWO in the same party as Friend One Finds RARE WEAPON. Friend Two will just sell for PROFIT.

QUESTION = What should Friend Two do?

1) American Way - Keep it. Sega gave it to him fair and square 25% chance of any of the four ppl party or 16% chance with 6 ppl party. When you make it - you can then show it off in Friend One's Face each and every day going "lookie what you coulda had!"

2) Communist Way - Share it. Give it to the one who truly can get the best use out of it. We're a team and friends share items and help each other. When your friend whips it out - you can say "Yup thats what I myself coulda had but its my friend's now and i'm happy with my 6* Riflic"

3) United Nations Way - COMMITTEE DISCUSSION DEBATE the item. Ask the Team what to do with it. Mail people ask for their opinions on who deserves it more. The more people involved the more fair it is. Until half the team argues with the other half.

4) Black Market Way - HUSTLE it. Keep it, use it, and promise a better item later. IF a better one comes along or if your friend forgets hehehe. SIMILAR to American Way but here you might get your friend something cool later on.

My Personal Answer- MOST of the time its number 2. I give everything away to everyone i know. Meteor Cannon, Halarod, Bullet Save. I've given it all to my friends. Hopefully Karma will reward me. If youre a random i just met i'm keeping the puyo aura and kitty claws thank you.

I just wish friends wouldn't GANK and GAFFLE items that i know my friends in the same team would commit Account Suicide to have.

Bad enough they keep it and flaunt it themselves. WORSE that they trade it away and get even BETTER. Like who needs S rank when TWO 50% element +10 grinded weapons are more effective. Not as unique or shiny but they get the job done faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MSAksion on 2007-11-15 11:05 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 15, 2007, 02:08 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Interesting topic! I think the people I hang out with do it the....the American/Communist way. Depends on the situation and how everyone is feeling at that point of time.

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 02:10 PM
I don't have a static team. That said, if I get something that a Fortecher cannot use (and I don't play alts, so *shrug* on that), it's given to whatever member of my party can use it. If there's multiple people, it goes to /random.

Kamiense
Nov 15, 2007, 02:17 PM
Whenever I'm with my party (UP! Crew), we always call the item and if it drops, we will give it to that person. Like I got a [B] Gaozoran Rod and Har / Quick that way. If a [B] Psycho Wand dropped and I was with my team, I'd get it.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 15, 2007, 02:20 PM
Depends on the relationship between the friend, how much each one has contributed to one another, and how well their bond has been up to that point.

If all of those are on the positive check marks, then friend #2 would and should kindly give towards the friend #1. Though friend #2 finds the weapon in the same party as the friend that's been looking for it, and even knows that hes been wanting it, then he should know that giving it would be the right thing to do.

If someone called for it after all when they are in the same party, then it wouldn't be right to keep it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-11-15 11:23 ]</font>

Suz
Nov 15, 2007, 03:10 PM
My team and I give the item of desire to whoever wanted it, or called it first. We don't have any problems giving so and so person the item they're looking for, because we're all different classes. so it works out quite nicely.

stukasa
Nov 15, 2007, 03:16 PM
When playing with my good friend, #2. Whoever needs it most, gets it. When playing with casual friends or strangers, probably #1. I don't mind giving away something I don't need, but so far I haven't found anything that I haven't needed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ken_Silver
Nov 15, 2007, 03:16 PM
*funny how the american way sounds bad to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif*

anyhow, despite the fact that I don't have a static party to play with, I'd do it the communist way *lack of words people? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif * If a WT can't use it and someone else wants it, then it is theirs. I did that before in a random party, and the rest of the team who I didn't give the item to thought that I was insane or a "noob." Only if other random team members were that nice.

UltimateCarl
Nov 15, 2007, 03:19 PM
I don't appreciate the first choice being named "American" way, but...

"Communist Way", myself. Or at least a modified version of it. I don't run in the same group all the time. Even in a random party though, if I get some board I'm never going to use myself (and my PM would have hardly any chance at synthing) I give it to whoever needs it. If it's someone I know I'm going to play with again, however... I always remember it, so that the next time THEY get something I need, I can bring back up, "Oh, remember that one time, when I gave you that totall sweet <rare goes here>?"

Kylie
Nov 15, 2007, 03:19 PM
Depends on the item and the person. If I announced I wanted the item, if I like the person, etc. However, if I felt like the first person wanted and/or needed it more than me, I'd gladly hand it over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-11-15 12:20 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Nov 15, 2007, 03:24 PM
American Way... regardless of item distribution, it's in your teammates' hands. Like Optimus Prime said, it's their RIGHT to come to their own decision about what to do with it. It's fair to make a trade/purchase offer to convince said friend to part with the item (I'm currently funneling all my Polymer finds to Celi-Ka as payment for a Bil De Axe board) and really bad taste to start some drama if they hold out.

I wouldn't remain friends with either the person who wouldn't pass along an item to a friend who really needed it and gave them a good offer, or the person who flipped their lid about an item in a video game.

Inazuma
Nov 15, 2007, 05:02 PM
unless friend 2 had agreed ahead of time to give the item to friend 1, it would be completely up to him to decide if he wants to keep it or give it away. and friend 1 should be able to respect his choice.

Nyreal
Nov 15, 2007, 05:10 PM
I normally respect that calls made by my friends, and I expect them to respect mine. For all the rares that are not called, however, I have it set on Set in Order.

chaoskila
Nov 15, 2007, 05:12 PM
umm i call dibbbz on before it drops buttttt i nvr really get it sooo i guess i do it the amarican way if u get it u keep it

Rashiid
Nov 15, 2007, 05:13 PM
I really don't care. But usually my friends decide to do random

Iduno
Nov 15, 2007, 05:22 PM
for a friend I will respect calls but on random I find calls kind of selfish really, I have no problem with agreeing to trade if its mutually benificial (say 2 people need different things and agree to swap if they get them) but just saying if a particular rare drops you want to ignore the order and take it seems selfish I will respect it with friends because it'd be stupid to fall out over an item, but with randoms not a chance

Kendrik
Nov 15, 2007, 05:25 PM
I usually run with random parties since I haven't developed any teams yet. More often than not, I'm the weakling of the party, so I just go about and pick up whatever is left behind (giving the item to those more worthy of receiving it). However, if I'm running the party, I usually use the system's random item distribution for rares.

I'm not sure which of the poll options that really puts me in.

Reipard
Nov 15, 2007, 05:37 PM
Set in Order | Set in Order.

If I get a drop someone else wants, I just give it to them. I don't gain anything from hoarding rares I don't want or need.

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 05:41 PM
On 2007-11-15 14:37, Reipard wrote:
If I get a drop someone else wants, I just give it to them. I don't gain anything from hoarding rares I don't want or need.Most of this forum (see Reggie for a prime example) would disagree with you to the death.

DavidNel
Nov 15, 2007, 05:42 PM
Set to random. Helping the universe reach maximum entropy sense the begenning of the cup!

-Aurora-
Nov 15, 2007, 05:47 PM
its whoever wants it or calls it when you party with me...if i know u were farming it and i get it then i'll gib http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif!!

Kinako78
Nov 15, 2007, 05:57 PM
On 2007-11-15 11:17, Kamiense wrote:
Whenever I'm with my party (UP! Crew), we always call the item and if it drops, we will give it to that person. Like I got a [B] Gaozoran Rod and Har / Quick that way. If a [B] Psycho Wand dropped and I was with my team, I'd get it.

That sounds about like how it goes with my usual party. Except we don't call items all that often, but when one is called, we respect it.

Noblewine
Nov 15, 2007, 06:34 PM
I set the rares to order and normal to give to finder. I usually trade with anyone but the only thing the people in my party are interested in is Rappy feathers. :/

Broodstar1337
Nov 15, 2007, 06:44 PM
I set both rares and normal drops to Set in Order. Considering the fact that I don't run with anyone I can trust like some of you lucky bastards can, I've gotta make sure I get my fair share of the loot alongside everyone else. Can't call items in a random party.

Mystil
Nov 15, 2007, 06:46 PM
Rares: Set Random
Normal: Give finder

If I'm going to get fucked over with rares, and I'll settle with being fucked over by random selection.

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2007, 06:46 PM
If someone has been wanting that rare for a while, they get it. If not, I may give it to them if they want it. Otherwise, I use it how I please.

Konstanse_Xx
Nov 15, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-11-15 15:46, Mystil wrote:
Rares: Set Random
Normal: Give finder

If I'm going to get fucked over with rares, and I'll settle with being fucked over by random selection.

Seconded.

Mangekyou
Nov 15, 2007, 08:45 PM
This is a good topic. When i'm with anyone who I even vaugely have a friendship with (well as far as my PSOBB days) If i can't use an item and they can, or if they have been hunting it, I'll give it to them. However, if it's something really realllly rare (Lavis Cannon) I'm keeping it. Even if I already have one.

Mangekyou
Nov 15, 2007, 08:46 PM
This is a good topic. When i'm with anyone who I even vaugely have a friendship with (well as far as my PSOBB days) If i can't use an item and they can, or if they have been hunting it, I'll give it to them. However, if it's something really realllly rare (Lavis Cannon) I'm keeping it. Even if I already have one.

Mangekyou
Nov 15, 2007, 08:46 PM

Mangekyou
Nov 15, 2007, 08:48 PM

LS_Aksion
Nov 15, 2007, 09:25 PM
Good topic indeed. keeping a friendship is all that matters to me. we would run the same mission untill it drops. if i cant use it, ill ask around for who needs it the most & if its fair to the others. we started to find & give at least 1 rare in their wish list, then move on to next item in question. that way we'll cover more ground & give better odds of finding it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sinue_v2
Nov 15, 2007, 09:37 PM
Set to Order/Random - and don't give it a second thought. I really could care less about "rares", and if anyone needs something that happens to fall my way - they're more than welcome to it.

Reipard
Nov 15, 2007, 10:23 PM
Most of this forum (see Reggie for a prime example) would disagree with you to the death.

I don't know what to say. They're not me.

omegapirate2k
Nov 15, 2007, 10:24 PM
According to your ratings system, my group is as communist as they come.

-Asheth-
Nov 16, 2007, 03:50 AM
I play alot of random parties there are people that I prefer to play with but sometimes cant get in a party with them. But if Im in a party with them and something drops that is called then I would happily give it to who needed it no problem.

Zarode
Nov 16, 2007, 03:57 AM
What's mine is mine. http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8861/emotcolbertgg4.gif Gotta be a friendly to get it.

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2007, 04:01 AM
It really depends what we're doing. If we're specifically hunting for something, everyone is allowed one called rare (in case it drops, of course). If we were just lvling, then whatever drops to whoever, they keep it.

Rayokarna
Nov 16, 2007, 04:45 AM
With me, through out the 1UP I've been keeping them the giving them to friends and team mates who aint in the party. Because my luck is a little random at time, (I lucked out on a Svaltus Sword as my first drop), I have been known to get the strangest of drops. In terms of that, I've passed on two Gizaha Zashis, Gao Rod, Hithiroki(sp). In return I got a Shigga Desta, Meteor Cannon, Bil De Axe, and a possible back up Meteor Cannon already made.

Awesome stuff.

PhdChristmas
Nov 16, 2007, 05:14 AM
-Rare: Random - its stupid to put it on order when scapes and scape boards are considered rares.
-Normal: Finder - i dont like getting stuff i didn't pick up into my inventory. Pick up meseta sparingly, like an amount that will pay your PP recharge. dont go around the battle scene picking up all the yellow objects like a ridiculous baffoon.

Then if someone get "it" and another one wants and can make most use of it we throw it in that direction. If another player wants it we continue hunting '-'. Though my 6 numero team got torn apart with the 4man limit to 1up stuff. THANKS ST!!!

Neith
Nov 16, 2007, 06:13 AM
Guess I'm a communist.

I usually play with Rare: Set Random and Normal: Set in Order. That way everyone gets a part of the meseta drops and mates.

As for rares, my team usually keeps stuff, unless we know someone else needs it. For example, a Har / Quick dropped in a Neudaiz mission and went to me, but I barely use my fT, so I gave it to the main fT I play with. For things like Storm Lines, finders keepers, since they dropped so often anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 06:23 AM
On 2007-11-15 19:23, Reipard wrote:
I don't know what to say. They're not me.Which is unfortunate. The world could use more considerate people like you. *sigh*

RedMussel
Nov 16, 2007, 06:35 AM
Set In Order, the only thing fair...well for the lucky people lol