PDA

View Full Version : *casts S/D/Z/R* "ty"

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 04:19 PM
Disclaimer: I use female pronouns to refer to FTs because that's what I play - a female FT. I played a female Force for 5 years in PSO, too, so it's a habit. I'm not knocking male FTs at all.

Probably a pretty controversial rant here, but it's something I've felt I needed to go a bit batty about for a while, hehe.

You ever notice that every time a Fortecher gathers her little ducklings about her and buffs them, there's always a torrent of "ty"s and other silly little thank you macros and whatnot? I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the insincere, pre-written and macroed trinkets of "thanks" that I get for doing my job. If you want to show appreciation, tell me after the run that I'm a good Fortecher - because a Fortecher (at least until the 20th) is both damage AND support, and a Fortecher who is bad at either is bad at her job. The "ty" at the beginning of the mission is okay, I suppose, but I really don't feel I should be thanked for doing my job. I don't thank a Fortefighter every time he kills a mob, nor do I thank a Fortegunner every time he traps a large enemy (though I DO note when a Figunner does it, because god DAMN do most Figunners suck and not use traps). Why should I be thanked for doing my job? Commend me on my performance AT my job, but don't thank me for it. It just seems disingenuous.

Anyways, had to get that off my chest. Go ahead and flame me now. *puts on Fire Yamata-senba*

McLaughlin
Nov 15, 2007, 04:30 PM
I say thanks to Sychosis most of the time when he buffs me. I'm not insincere. If I was being insincere I wouldn't bother saying thanks.

But I suppose being able to verbally tell him adds to my sincerity?

Mwabwetumba
Nov 15, 2007, 05:21 PM
Uhm, I actually take my time to write "Thanks" or some other variation of it to show my gratitude.. since I don't use macros -.-

Mystil
Nov 15, 2007, 05:23 PM
Remedy now I am confused.

You want to be appreciated but you don't like the form of the appreciation..

Ever since you told me "stop thanking you" I've stopped, but it feels weird not doing so.

Make up your mind please.

Perhaps the only way you can understand why "thanking" a force constantly is a big deal is if you're a melee.

Some of them DO NOT heal/reverse/buff AT ALL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-11-15 14:25 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 05:27 PM
Like I said, I'd much rather it be an expression of appreciation at my skills as an FT (which is primarily support) at the end of the mission, not once every five minutes.

IF it's an actual, unmacroed, sincere thanks, than I appreciate it, but those are rare.

Nyreal
Nov 15, 2007, 05:27 PM
Macros are unnecessary... I do thank people sincerely when they buff me. I mean, people act as if its hard to type....

drizzle
Nov 15, 2007, 05:33 PM
I've been thinking of making a 'Thank you' macro to use every time a hunter kills a monster, lol

Remedy
Nov 15, 2007, 05:37 PM
On 2007-11-15 14:33, drizzle wrote:
I've been thinking of making a 'Thank you' macro to use every time a hunter kills a monster, lolI did that for one day during Neudaiz week when I was so fed up with "ty" being spammed at me every five minutes.

It was hilarious. XD

Mystil
Nov 15, 2007, 05:49 PM
Just for the record, I don't use any macros, and type all my stuff out.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 15, 2007, 06:15 PM
Well, I know where you are coming from, Remedy. I'm not a Fortetecher myself, but..I understand what you mean. I have a simple policy of thanking the Fortetecher for buffs at the beginning of the mission, because level 21+ Shifa is just WIN for my Fortefighter :3

However...I don't thank them every time they buff me. I tell them at the beginning and after that, it's just implied. I don't think people should be thanked for doing their job really, it's pretty ridiculous. I don't thank Fortetechers for doing their job, I thank them for giving me awesome buffs.

I got into this discussion before with someone actually. They asked why I didn't thank the Fortetecher in the party more often like everyone else was doing and I said, "Because it would be the equivalent of someone thanking me every time I kill something. It's not necessary to thank someone for doing their job".

I understand most people don't have ill intentions for thanking you, but it gets annoying after a while.

*casts resta* "Thank you for healing me!"

*casts shifta* "Thank you for buffing me!"

*casts reverser* "Thank you for not letting me stay on fire!"

*casts foie* "Thank you for burning the ice monster!"

etc

It gets annoying. If I believe a Fortetecher is doing a rather good job, I will make note of it and explain to that person about my observation, then tell them in a rather sincere and intelligent manner that I believe they are a really good Fortetecher, and I just wanted them to know that.

If you actually take the time to explain your reasoning instead of just simply saying something like, "ur kool", the person will have a more open ear to what you have to say and will appreciate your thoughts and words more.

I can see it now...

"Hey Saber! Thank you for killing that big nasty monster ^_^"

"*grumbles* Eh..whatever. Would you just shut up already? -.-"

I wouldn't want to be thanked after doing every little thing, lol.

So, yeah..that's how I feel about it anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Uncle_bob
Nov 15, 2007, 10:35 PM
The reason why we thank you is because most techers are selfish dicks and don't cast buffs and resta unless it's themselves that need it, and so we are appreciative of the ones that actually support everyone else on their team.

Okay.

Zarode
Nov 15, 2007, 10:40 PM
And this is why Remedy should not party with Zarode! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But I do understand, I think...

maybe...

I get annoyed when everyone says thanks after I heal/buff them. I like it the first time, but I gets old after the third time. <_<; C'est le vie?

mizukage
Nov 15, 2007, 11:08 PM
Remedy, take off the fire element Yamata-senba, nobody is going to flame you. People who dislike getting flamed, which is like 99.9% of the population here will also choose not to flame others.

In terms of appreciation when getting healed or buffed. If it occurs once in awhile, an expression of gratitude would be necessary and seem appropriate.

However, if the heals and buffs are very frequent, such as having it done for more than 10 times in 5 minutes, constant display of appreciation may end up annoying the individual doing the heals and the buffs, which in return hurts the friendship and/or teamwork.

In other words, too much of something good can be possibly bad. It is nice to heal/buff others. It is nice to see expressions of gratitude and see appreciation in return, but too much of either is actually annoying. More over, when a comrade choose to heal/buff another, he/she is not doing it for the purpose of seeing expressions of gratitude, but rather either obligated to the friendship in-between or possibly find it fun/nice to do so.

DizzyDi
Nov 15, 2007, 11:12 PM
On 2007-11-15 19:35, Uncle_bob wrote:
The reason why we thank you is because most techers are selfish dicks and don't cast buffs and resta unless it's themselves that need it, and so we are appreciative of the ones that actually support everyone else on their team.

Okay.

Shizzam.

Sinue_v2
Nov 15, 2007, 11:24 PM
I think the problem is that ForteTechers aren't defined in their roles - and their role in the party is defined by the players choice. They can nuke, support, or both. But players tend to thank FTs and WTs who support because it's their choice. Nobody thanks the WHM in FFXI each time they heal, because that's their job. Their choice was already made when they picked to be a WHM, and that's the ONLY reason why they invited you to the party - to do THAT job.

thunder-ray
Nov 16, 2007, 02:29 AM
omg! that is so funny to me your the first forteteacher that ive heard of that hates being thanked for doing your job. in my opinion i thank FT for heals and buffs all the time not just because its your job i do it because that the polite way to say when someone goes out of their way to cast a resta, buff or giresta. and saying ty all the time doesnt mean that your not being a good FT in the end. and for the record i use "ty" all the time and most of the FT that i say it to dont have a problem with me saying it ether. Plus i think you are a good forteteacher if ive ever played with u before just still cant figure out why u would let one little word that melee fighters say all the time bother you. i just like to say ty because thats the way i was taught what to say when someone does something nice for me in that case forteteachers. and one more thing with a forteteacher around i save a hell of alot of money then i usually do with out one

Skuda
Nov 16, 2007, 04:49 AM
All of my thanks are hand typed, because for some reason, I'm to lazy to type up some macros.

Ironic, no?

thunder-ray
Nov 16, 2007, 04:53 AM
i dont see the differnece between the macros if u ask me they both mean the same thing wether you type ty or thank you they both mean the same thing.

Mewn
Nov 16, 2007, 05:32 AM
I generally thank once for buffs and then don't waste time thanking the fT over and over again.

Don't really care either if no-one thanks me for buffs when I'm playing fT. It's my job as the party supporter, and thanks doesn't kill monsters.

Powder Keg
Nov 16, 2007, 06:11 AM
Terrible.

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 07:29 AM
On 2007-11-15 20:08, mizukage wrote:
Remedy, take off the fire element Yamata-senba, nobody is going to flame you. People who dislike getting flamed, which is like 99.9% of the population here will also choose not to flame others.That's not what I've noticed. *shrug*

And the point about macros versus hand-written responses is that it doesn't show any effort. I put a lot of effort into trying to be a top-caliber Fortecher, so if you want to thank me for it, at least put a little effort in too, okay? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Kimil
Nov 16, 2007, 07:35 AM
Well, if I' even in your party and I thank you for buffs and such, Its not macro'd ever, if that helps =/

mizukage
Nov 16, 2007, 12:14 PM
On 2007-11-16 04:29, Remedy wrote:

Remedy, take off the fire element Yamata-senba, nobody is going to flame you. People who dislike getting flamed, which is like 99.9% of the population here will also choose not to flame others.That's not what I've noticed. *shrug*

In that case, put on a 50% fire element Dulk-senba instead. I will put out the flame for you with this (http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o255/mizubunshin666/suiton_suishoha.gif).

Powder Keg
Nov 16, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-11-16 09:14, mizukage wrote:

On 2007-11-16 04:29, Remedy wrote:

In that case, put on a 50% fire element Dulk-senba instead. I will put out the flame for you with this (http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o255/mizubunshin666/suiton_suishoha.gif).

Dulk Senbas can only be dark. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyhow, Remedy knows how silly a rant this is when s/he posted "Puts up flame X" at the end of the post.

thunder-ray
Nov 17, 2007, 12:59 AM
who gives a flying fuck about effort as long as the person says ty or thanks period you should be happy with just that whatever they say ty or thank you its the same thing. i can see if no one thanked you fo buffs heals ect but which ever way they say it shouldn't be ur concern at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thunder-ray on 2007-11-16 22:00 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 17, 2007, 01:37 AM
Why? Because a disingenuous thanks is worse than no thanks at all.

thunder-ray
Nov 17, 2007, 02:06 AM
WOW even worse then no thanks at all you have got to be kidding me. i would much rather prefer a ty or thanks in my opinion. if you cant accept that well thats somethig that you'll have to sqaure with by youself since your unhappy on how a person thanks you on your abillites as a forteteacher

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thunder-ray on 2007-11-16 23:06 ]</font>

Arcturus
Nov 17, 2007, 02:37 AM
It takes you the effort to hit a few buttons to buff. Plus, you gain the experience from buffing. In return, we should also be able to just hit a couple buttons to show our gratitude.

Would you rather people didn't say anything at all?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arcturus on 2007-11-16 23:37 ]</font>

Kendrik
Nov 17, 2007, 03:22 AM
I thought long and hard before thanking a Fortetecher for buffing me earlier, but I went ahead with it. One expression of gratitude the first buffing, and a thanks/good run after the run was completed. Amazing, this thread actually made me think before acting in PSU.

thunder-ray
Nov 18, 2007, 07:11 AM
i just like thanking ppl for ether resta or buffs for the fact that they go out of their way to do that for me while i fight the mobs and they play the support. being a forteteacher is a tough job simple cuz they have to keep the party alive why the rest do the killing and they do some attack techs when they dont have to heal ppl or buff of course all classes are important and have to do what their classes are made to do.

DrizaSiegmund
Nov 18, 2007, 10:45 AM
Disclaimer: I'm a Fortecher, Wartecher, Guntecher & I only recently started playing melee jobs.

I thank Fighters for the enemies they kill..
at the end of the mission (if it was difficult) I let everyone know what a good job they did.. always.
Because lol, i KNOW what it feels like to be stuck in a Boss with other's who also have low ATP and wonder: "gaah if only we had a Ranger/Hunter right now" etc.

"ty" isn't a rude form of "thank you".. it's an abbreviation O,O
a rude version of "thank you" would be "yeah sure" or "okay now that buffs are up we can continue".

I myself think "Thank you / ty" Macros are very sweet, especially seeing as someone made the effort of decorating their appreciation for techers, ne?

Remedy
Nov 18, 2007, 12:28 PM
On 2007-11-17 00:22, Kendrik wrote:
I thought long and hard before thanking a Fortetecher for buffing me earlier, but I went ahead with it. One expression of gratitude the first buffing, and a thanks/good run after the run was completed. Amazing, this thread actually made me think before acting in PSU.See, that's what I prefer right there. An initial thanks for the first wave of buffs, and a commendation when we split as a party. I really don't need much more than that, hehe. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Also, regarding "ty", it irritates me because I go out of my way to make sure my typing is impeccable when I play (although even I make typos), so it bothers me when people don't make that same effort. Thank you is only 7 characters longer than ty - it just shows that you actually care if you're willing to put out the "effort" it takes to type your thoughts out entirely. As for macros... eh. I dunno, like I said, something about them feels mechanical and insincere, like "well, I better thank her... *pushes F1*", y'know?

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 18, 2007, 01:20 PM
I get what you're saying and it can be rather annoying after a while. The difference between macros and actually typing something out in appreciation for someone is, you can tell when someone is being lazy.

Now before someone gets upset and says, "But it's hard to type while running D:", I have a piece of advice for you. It's called..TRYING -.-

It doesn't take hardly any effort at all as-is to be running and type out, "Thanks" or "Thank you", but it is sad when people have a fucking (pardon the French) macro set for, "ty".

Not to mention, here is another reason why macros can get kind of annoying. In Remedy's case here, someone keeps pushing shift + F2 for their macro, but it was just something designed for any kind of occasion. That's not really fair to Remedy.

So, when someone gives this person their card, they use their "thank you" macro..when someone casts buffs on their character, they push it again, when someone gives them meseta, they push it once MORE.....

there are different ways to show your appreciation about something. One particular way of saying, "thank you" is not going to cover all of those equally. I'm sorry, but..I don't want to see something like:

(( THANK
(='.') YOU
o(_")") !!!!!

every time the person thanks someone for something, but yet..they push shift + F2 every time and don't even bother taking into consideration of the different scenarios.

I'll give you an example of what I mean. You ask your friend for 2 million meseta, so..he agrees and gives it to you. You push shift + F2, then guess what pops up..

(( THANK
(='.') YOU
o(_")") !!!!!

You leave your room, then head out to go on a mission with someone, a techer is in the party, so..after every resta, shifta, whatever..guess what pops up...yep..you guessed it..

(( THANK
(='.') YOU
o(_")") !!!!!

And finally, after a long day of work..you receive everyones card and push shift + F2 again and call it a night..

(( THANK
(='.') YOU
o(_")") !!!!!

Do you understand what I'm trying to say here? Why don't you just take the time to show your appreciation. I've sat down with someone after one mission before, because I actually took the time to type out something differently for different situations and, well..I also typed like I had an education of something past, oh I don't know..5th grade http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

My point is..typing something out to show people you actually are appreciative towards their work and you DO have a brain, instead of just using a macro for, "ty" and "np", you know..actually saying, "Thank you" or, "No problem" can go a longer way than trying to be lazy and stick with, "ty", "np", "gtg", "gn8", "gg", "lfg", etc.

Well, anyway..I'm done ranting for now.

Time for lunch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EDIT: Spellcheck...figures I missed one =_=

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-11-18 10:22 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Nov 18, 2007, 10:31 PM
On 2007-11-15 20:24, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I think the problem is that ForteTechers aren't defined in their roles - and their role in the party is defined by the players choice. They can nuke, support, or both. But players tend to thank FTs and WTs who support because it's their choice. Nobody thanks the WHM in FFXI each time they heal, because that's their job. Their choice was already made when they picked to be a WHM, and that's the ONLY reason why they invited you to the party - to do THAT job.

I think different MMO experiences breed different reactions.

Honestly? My stomping grounds and usual home even now is (the official International servers of) Ragnarok Online. If you want to make any Acolyte, Priest, High Priest or (in the coming year) Bishop wig out, say "heal plz" or "heal me now." In RO, cleric players have retroactively made "plz" into an acronym--Priests Love Zeny, a way of saying "Treat me like a freaking human being instead of a walking potion!"

It was really bad when RO was in its open beta phases because people were downright demanding and rude. This, the clerics of RO want and appreciate courtesy from people and not be treated like a "walking pot."

So seeing the reverse--Techers in PSU annoyed with getting thanked for support during a run--kind of astounds me. I just can't wrap by head around it.

I do play the macros game. I feel the need to be curteous and grateful, and if I'm going to do that in the middle of a fight, I'd rather have a message in proper English with two keypresses rather than "ty." In fact, as myself, I have two thanking macros, one for general gratitude and another specifically for when a techer or someone else saves my shiny metal butt from a knockout.

My WT (future AT), Aragan, instead has a "you're welcome" macro, because he very much follows the same role that he does as my main character in Ragnarok Online; a support/melee hybrid. Fights, heals, buffs, debuffs, cures SEs. (And that's why I'm getting Acrotecher in a few days.)

Schubalts
Nov 19, 2007, 12:13 AM
Off-topic, butt... you're Aragan, Gattaca? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Hurray for Ragnarok Wisdom!

Remedy
Nov 19, 2007, 12:18 AM
Well, I've played a Priest in WoW, a FOnewearl in PSO (for god knows how long), and a High Priest on a couple of lower-rate private RO servers, and I had the same mentality the whole time. Thank me at the beginning of any run for my buffs and support, commend me on my work as a supporter when we're done, but c'mon... During the run? Let me focus on my job and you focus on yours! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

F-Gattaca
Nov 19, 2007, 12:57 AM
On 2007-11-18 21:13, Schubalts wrote:
Off-topic, butt... you're Aragan, Gattaca? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Hurray for Ragnarok Wisdom!

Indeed I am, and here's (http://www.adultimum.net/rw/284.htm) proof (http://www.adultimum.net/rw/250.htm)!

In response to Remedy, I wonder how many people on PSU have played RO legitimately ...I don't think I've found that many here who have (I think Trinitaria, Bloomers, and Sydz ... ) with the exception of iROers I know (like Canopy) who came to PSU, and the RW crew. "Private servers" are such an awful misnomer.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 19, 2007, 01:25 AM
I was playing kRO during the beta testing days and whatnot, where only a select few could sign up and test it out. I played under the name:

Koji Sakujin

I barely made it to Swordsman. The exp was RIDICULOUS ; ;...

I came back after the game was finally released, then played on iRO and found out shortly thereafter, it was going P2P >.<

So, I got up a little past Swordsman, then they said I needed to start paying $10 a month, so I called it quits, then hunted down some private servers later which had as close to the original rates as I could. Best I could find was 1.5/1.5/1.5, but even THEN that was fast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Great..why do I get the feeling someone from PSU is going to create a private server with 3/3/3 and call it, "Gravity Cup" and leave it up for five weeks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

F-Gattaca
Nov 19, 2007, 02:38 AM
I have a very negative view of pirate servers and the people who play on them. There's actually an essay I wrote on my site dated a few years ago (http://www.adultimum.net/rw/soappserv.htm) explaining the significant harm "private servers" and their players cause to an MMO. Every time I meet someone on PSU who brags about the RO pservs they play (or have played), I die a little more inside.

I'd prefer to leave it at that and let you guys contemplate it, seeing how far we've come off Remedy's original topic.

And, in an attempt to bring this topic back around ...

I still feel as Arcturus does on the topic; usually a thanks macro is not very constrictive to my gameplay (especially considering I've picked up a USB controller for playing PSU on my comp). Using macros doesn't necessarily get in the way of my job.

In fact, I admit it--I'm a chatterbox. Especially with characters like Raul DiUragano (I actually have one of the combat voices set to a macro just to play it occasionally during a mission, such as when Raul is charging a group of foes). The best thing about having a controller is that I can temporarily play one-handed, and even allows me to type a short message while on the move.

Stopping to type is a lot more dangerous, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-11-18 23:45 ]</font>

Neith
Nov 19, 2007, 10:39 AM
So because you take the time to type out everything in full, everyone else should too? Last time I checked, PSU isn't a grammar class.

You should be thankful you're getting any acknowledgement at all. Complaining you're being thanked (whether my macro or not) is just stupid. Most parties on Uni 2 don't even use macros, and half the time don't even gather when you tell them to. I usually say 'Thanks!' (macro'd), the first time someone buffs me, and I say it if someone saves my ass (like using a Sol on me or something). It's common courtesy- I'm sorry that it irritates you so much when people are thanking you, but it's really trivial.

I've heard some stupid things in the few years I've been here, but damn..whining that you're being thanked, just because its 1) macro'd and 2) because other classes don't get thanked? Especially in 1Up Cup, I told everyone they did a good job after a mission if it was a public game.

I know that sounds harsh, but I just think it's such a stupidly trivial subject that I'm amazed people get so annoyed about it.

Off-topic: As for private servers, it depends on the context. For a game that is still online, alive and kicking, I don't agree with them. However, when you have something like PSO GC, where the official server is no longer online, I see no harm whatsoever.

Heh, one of the more amusing threads I've read lately.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-11-19 07:41 ]</font>

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 19, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-11-19 07:39, UrikoBB3 wrote:
So because you take the time to type out everything in full, everyone else should too? Last time I checked, PSU isn't a grammar class.

You should be thankful you're getting any acknowledgement at all. Complaining you're being thanked (whether my macro or not) is just stupid. Most parties on Uni 2 don't even use macros, and half the time don't even gather when you tell them to. I usually say 'Thanks!' (macro'd), the first time someone buffs me, and I say it if someone saves my ass (like using a Sol on me or something). It's common courtesy- I'm sorry that it irritates you so much when people are thanking you, but it's really trivial.

I've heard some stupid things in the few years I've been here, but damn..whining that you're being thanked, just because its 1) macro'd and 2) because other classes don't get thanked? Especially in 1Up Cup, I told everyone they did a good job after a mission if it was a public game.

I know that sounds harsh, but I just think it's such a stupidly trivial subject that I'm amazed people get so annoyed about it.

Off-topic: As for private servers, it depends on the context. For a game that is still online, alive and kicking, I don't agree with them. However, when you have something like PSO GC, where the official server is no longer online, I see no harm whatsoever.

Heh, one of the more amusing threads I've read lately.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-11-19 07:41 ]</font>

About your first little statement, I think you need to check again. Anywhere you go and use your language at should be considered "grammar class". I mean, come on...just because you're online doesn't mean you shouldn't speak proper English, then go lazy all of the sudden.

In fact, how about you just start typing in a totally illiterate manner right now. I mean, you know..since this isn't, "grammar class", right? How about you just change all of your posts to, "kthxbai" and "thx! i c wut u meen. i gtg tho. ttyl!!" instead of actually typing out in an intelligent manner, if you don't think it's important to type things out fully.

So, just because I type in English, do I expect everyone else to? Damn right I do. Why? Because it's a VERY simple task and I believe anyone who has got an education past the 4th grade should be able to do so. If not, they are stupid. No two ways about it really.

It's not like I'm asking them to build a nuclear bomb. I'm just asking them to type the language which they have learned, properly. Like I stated before..that is NOT asking for much at all.

The way you represent yourself online is the only thing they have to base on what kind of person you are. If they don't know you PERSONALLY and know that you are just typing, "ty" and "np", etc. because you are just lazy and you CAN actually read and write outside of your online life, then most people will think you're just stupid and don't know how to spell or read at all.

If I talk with someone on PSU and the only responses I get are, "k", "thx", "np", and whatnot..I'm not going to think very highly of the person. That person would not strike me as being very intelligent at all. As opposed to someone who, oh I don't know..actually doesn't butcher his OWN language and types everything out properly, as he should.

I don't care if these people who want to be lazy and go off, and do their own thing. That would be a totally different situation entirely, but..that's not the case. I'm having to DEAL with these kinds of idiots who think the language they have learned, English, only revolves around, "k", "ty", "np", and "gtg".

It's pathetic really. That you don't even know how to talk in your own language, so you develop a new one to communicate to the people who have butchered the language as well.

Oh well, if they want to do it, that's fine. I'll just brush them off as another moron and go about my way. It's not like they would be able to comprehend anything I could say anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-11-19 10:46 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Nov 19, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-11-19 10:42, Kikumaru wrote:
So, just because I type in English, do I expect everyone else to? Damn right I do. Why? Because it's a VERY simple task and I believe anyone who has got an education past the 4th grade should be able to do so. If not, they are stupid. No two ways about it really.

You know what's worse than stupid people though? Assholes. You know the type, who go around hating everyone they come across for any fault they can find to pick on.

TetsuyaHikari
Nov 19, 2007, 02:13 PM
So you're implying that I'm an asshole just because I'm not closing my eyes like a lot of people and just not admitting the fact that these people ARE stupid?

I'll gladly accept being called an asshole, because hey..I'm just telling people the truth. If you want to call me an asshole for stating facts, then you've got more problems than me, buddy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

panzer_unit
Nov 19, 2007, 04:20 PM
Problems like what? I can't even begin to imagine.

thunder-ray
Nov 19, 2007, 09:09 PM
well after readin your message kikumaru about what you felt about marcos i laughed my ass off. im mean seriously who gives a fuck about how people type there things and more importantly just because people type differently then others doesnt mean there stupid and didnt have a education just because thats the way they like to type. i just find sad that you have this problem with those kind of people just because they say ty, or gtg. like ive said before if people didnt waste their dam time taking little shit like that serious we'd all get along. but rather then do that you'd rather judge people just because they dont take the time to type a full thank you or anything else. hell their are some people from different conutrys hat cant type that well but i dont judge them for that id rather try to understand them then judge their grammer. not only are you a asshole but you are a grammer freak someone that needs to stop playing the damn game if hes gonna waste his time judging people on their grammer. i cant stand jackasses like you period!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thunder-ray on 2007-11-19 18:10 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 19, 2007, 09:25 PM
Locked up as its no longer about the OP and now about a different side topic that has gone far enough.

Don't de-rail/flamebait within someone else's topic Kikumaru. Thanks.