PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Memory Card and AoI: Will I need more space?

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 15, 2007, 06:47 PM
Will the AoI system file overwrite the vanilla PSU save data or will it be a separate file I'll need? I like my old data from other games (mostly just clear data and system files) and don't wanna ditch them or buy a new card.

Laonex954x
Nov 15, 2007, 06:49 PM
see what you do about this is you go to closest walmart and you buy.....xbox360 BECAUSE IT PWNS lmao j/k...had to say it

Zantra
Nov 15, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-11-15 15:47, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Will the AoI system file overwrite the vanilla PSU save data or will it be a separate file I'll need? I like my old data from other games (mostly just clear data and system files) and don't wanna ditch them or buy a new card.

I don't think that it will, since AOI is a standalone game. But, if you're worried, just buy another memory card.

Lady_Alexiel
Nov 15, 2007, 07:49 PM
I would hope not. But if anything I would say you will need an additional offline save but your network save will stay the same.

Abarai-Renji
Nov 15, 2007, 07:56 PM
it's simple. just buy a new card. then transfer all your psu data over. but don't worry about the online. it saves everything on the servers.

mizukage
Nov 15, 2007, 10:26 PM
You got a good point, but the fact is that AOI story mode is the same thing as PSU story mode+extra mode with expanded content. For that reason, it is unnecessary to play PSU again once AOI is available. In other words, you don't need another memory card or the need to worry about anything at all. Once you get AOI, run the game, transfer the PSU extra mode save files over the AOI, then finished. If its PSU story mode, it will remain intact, while network mode saves stay on the servers, which will also be intact. Don't worry, enjoy AOI!!!