PDA

View Full Version : A Return of Normalcy. Did you enjoy 1UP?

Rizen
Nov 16, 2007, 02:03 AM
Well! Now that 1UP is over, we can go back to our old lives....or are we?

Anyway, did you enjoy the event? For me, it had its ups and downs.

What say you?

Broodstar1337
Nov 16, 2007, 02:04 AM
I thought it was neat.

Powder Keg
Nov 16, 2007, 02:05 AM
It was one helluva run. On that note, I must be awake in approx 3 hours for work, so goodnight to you all, and all that happy stuff.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 16, 2007, 02:06 AM
It's not normal just yet. We have to get up on them' Ceiling fans fo' there'za flood comin thruuu!

AerisZeal
Throughly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Spent time with friends new and old and even made some new ones.
Not to mention of course, the stuff.

Overall I myself am rather satisfied with the event and the community as a whole for reaching four million points.

Nice work everyone! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

pikachief
i laugh at anyone who didnt like more EXP, more rares, more S ranks, more levels, more NPC's, more money, boosted synth rates, free makeovers and half price on clothes for AOI, exclusive clothes and equipment (formal dress, rappy mode, song for death) and so on and so on...

theres jsut so much from this event idk how u couldn't like it.

CUz to whoever says no.... u know we could've just not have gotten any of this.

Mikura
Nov 16, 2007, 02:07 AM
It was great. Got lots of goodies and rares from it...had some downers due to some friendship issues. (4 man party limit meant I couldn't play with everyone all the time)

Overall though, I enjoyed it. Now to enjoy our rewards and the future AoI expansion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Tomeeboy
Nov 16, 2007, 02:08 AM
Although I didn't get as much time to participate as I would have liked, I thought the event was a blast overall. I don't know about everyone else, but I liked maybe two of the four missions a lot. The other ones... ehh, not so much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Of course, that's all a matter of opinion that probably depends on your level, class, playstyle and what rares you're hunting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Aurora-
Nov 16, 2007, 02:08 AM
Its never over!!!

Weak
Nov 16, 2007, 02:09 AM
It was the most fun I'd had with PSU in a long time.

Except the servers went down when I was 1000 exp from Level 90. Damn. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weak on 2007-11-15 23:10 ]</font>

Shou
Heh, we wont get back to "normalcy" untill all the new missions and the better half of the equipment are out in AoI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shou on 2007-11-15 23:10 ]</font>

RedMussel
It was fun, got some rares i thought i would never find. I got bored of the missions and no one was doing anything else but the club missions, but it still was a fun experience.

Neflite
Nov 16, 2007, 02:12 AM
i enjoyed it made good $ and found some nice stuff.
tho by colony week i was tired of A and made a new chara then got bored agian,
but playin and meetin new peeps was fun. rdy to get back to some fresh 6person partyin

Umberger
Nov 16, 2007, 02:12 AM
I liked it a lot, I think a good portion of people started to get tired of it after the novelty of S ranks dropping like rain wore off. Regardless, it was loads of fun...but I'm definitely ready for some AotI. =p

GuardianElite
Nov 16, 2007, 02:16 AM
almost lved all my classes to max http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Miyoko
Nov 16, 2007, 02:18 AM
On 2007-11-15 23:08, Tomeeboy wrote:
Although I didn't get as much time to participate as I would have liked, I thought the event was a blast overall. I don't know about everyone else, but I liked maybe two of the four missions a lot. The other ones... ehh, not so much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Of course, that's all a matter of opinion that probably depends on your level, class, playstyle and what rares you're hunting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I enjoyed Parum, Neudaiz, and Moatoob just fine... But I absolutely HATED Colony. I -loathed- it. There was not a single thing about it that I liked. In fact, I disliked it so much, I refuse to ever run colony / HIVE ever again. >__>

Jarek
Nov 16, 2007, 02:22 AM
I didn't accomplish everything I had wanted to (I'm looking at you, my missing 6th carriguine blade!), but I still got a lot of things and stuff done (both of my high chars are the same level again, 100). So all in all it went pretty well.
Time to move on.

pionear
Nov 16, 2007, 02:32 AM
If so many ppl liked it, then why only 5 votes for yes?

But it was fun for me...A rush ride of Rare Hunting, Exp gaining, and Monster Killing!

RedMussel
Nov 16, 2007, 02:35 AM
On 2007-11-15 23:32, pionear wrote:
If so many ppl liked it, then why only 5 votes for yes?

But it was fun for me...A rush ride of Rare Hunting, Exp gaining, and Monster Killing!

Becuase there wasent an option with you liking it and AotI in it so you had to choice if you liked the event or your ready for AotI

Blitzkommando
Nov 16, 2007, 02:40 AM
It actually brought me out of not playing PSU for a good five months or so. I'd say that made it pretty successful for me. AotI poses to fix some of the things that I did not like about PSU. Hopefully it can keep me entertained for a while.

Tetsaru
Nov 16, 2007, 02:58 AM
For the most part, the 1up Cup was a blast for me. I got a lot of cool stuff, including a bunch of S-rank weapons ready to synth (waiting on the bonuses, lol), I maxed my main character to 100, and I made some good money. I'm just mad that I didn't get a Blackbull out of it... >X( If anyone has one and doesn't need it, let me be the first to know. :3

I'm very anxious to see what AoI will bring now... I'll probably try out GT and PT again, seeing how they've been amped up, as well as AF and AT. I'll also be making a LOT of changes to my characters' rooms and hopefully make em look awesome. =D

Nisshoku
Nov 16, 2007, 03:03 AM
1UP definitely brought me back to a game I didn't have as much fun with a few months ago. It's also a nice little whet of the appetite before AoI hits our side of the pond. Here's hoping the transition goes smooth, as well as starting one hell of a ride.

TheBlackDeath
Nov 16, 2007, 04:36 AM
I'm gonna have to vote no. Sure I got alot of good stuff even if I didn't get most of what I actually wanted, but in the end it was actually a pretty terrible experience for me because I ended up having to remove three of my good friends. It sickens me to have to do such a thing but I can't stand to play with someone who values a non-existent thing over their own friend. I feel that 1up negatively affected these three people to the point where they were absolutely corrupted with greed and cared more about getting the items than the people they were playing with. I can't stand to associate with people like that so I ended contact with them. Even though I felt justified in what I did I still felt horrible and felt like quitting PSU. So yeah, I really wish we had never gotten this event in the first place and if we get Thanks Festa I probably won't play PSU for it's duration.

HandOfThornz
Nov 16, 2007, 04:50 AM
1up was great!
Drops,exp,meseta and rewards to come have been excellent!
The only thing that suck'd through the entire cup was the laggy-ness, but psu has always been like it,hehe
I thought i'd get anoyied with people abanoning parties etc.. but it did'nt happen that often!

-Ryuki-
Nov 16, 2007, 05:03 AM
Colony wasn't as entirely bad as people had claimed. It was only annoying in terms of getting 10's, but the mission itself was neat IN MY OPINION. I'm a bit upset though, considering I couldn't find myself a Gaozoran board or even the Carriguc (spelling?) board.

If anything, Moatoob was neat in terms of EX missions. Neudaiz was kind of boring because it just seemed like forever, and Parum was.. well, it was like playing memory, but with two cards that were always different XD

Syl
Nov 16, 2007, 05:04 AM
I got everything I could ever ask for (save a SPS) so I'm a happy-as-can-be camper

unicorn
Nov 16, 2007, 07:38 AM
I had fun and I obviously found things I wouldn't find normally, but so many people found SO MUCH BETTER. Yeah, before I didn't have top-of-the-line equipment, and I could claim a spot in a party easily. Now? I look poor in comparison to what some players found. And its not even found technically, its just "given" to them. The absence of my IRL luck definately appeared in this event, in a much larger scale. The rich, lifeless, ugly players (possibly hax0rs too) got all the good stuff.

For the most part, I spent 1up being all depressed and envious. Most of my friends didn't play with me, and I had to play with random parties.

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 07:43 AM
It was okay. I got most of what I was looking for, so that was nice, but the detrimental effect it had on the community was depressing.

Sev
Nov 16, 2007, 07:44 AM
It wasn't bad at all. I've only been participating for the past 2 days, but I managed to be my Platinum Perfect and a ton of Mission Points. Also, the people were generally nice which is a major plus.

Thank you for your patience with this n00b Fortefighter.

amtalx
Nov 16, 2007, 07:45 AM
I got my SPS and a big pile of cash. 'Nuff said.

StrongFiend
Nov 16, 2007, 07:45 AM
i just wanted more exp, never got to play as much as some people!

Callous
Nov 16, 2007, 07:48 AM
I thought it was great!

Micro
Nov 16, 2007, 07:48 AM
I DIDN'T GET ANYTHING! I QUIT!

Ok seriously, I enjoyed 1UP. Easy rares and exp, what's not to love? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2007-11-15 23:06, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
We have to get up on them' Ceiling fans fo' there'za flood comin thruuu!

LOL

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 07:52 AM
On 2007-11-16 04:38, super_luu wrote:
The absence of my IRL luck definately appeared in this event, in a much larger scale. The rich, lifeless, ugly players (possibly hax0rs too) got all the good stuff.Hah, I can completely empathize with that. You just have to take it all in stride and not let it get you down. Trust me, I spent a good week of this cup being ticked off about that very thing. Just go with what fate lets you have, I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nyreal
Nov 16, 2007, 07:54 AM
It was great, but I didn't really get to play all that much.

That said, I did end up gaining around twenty levels... And during the last three weeks of the event I was essentially soloing the entire time. So that considered, I think I did pretty well.

Gen2000
Nov 16, 2007, 09:17 AM
First week with Parum and Moatoob was awesome. I could do EX once and watch 5-6 Sranks drop per run.

Neudiaz...not so much. Any non-robot Temple Neudiaz mission will be boring to me and the EX seems to had got more stingy with the Sranks compared to first week Parum/Moatoob.

Colony...more interesting than Neudiaz but the EX was even more stingy with anything not named Crimson.

Final week, somehow Parum/Moatoob seem to get infected with the same stingy virus the other planets had when it came to gibbing the rawrs (5 days of Moatoob B/A runs and still not even one Tero/Rainbow sighting).

Overall I did enjoy it though I hope Sonic Team learns that the Bruce/HSM style of mission gathering is sloppy. The way it was handled in Firebreak was so much better. I never avoided Uni2 so much my whole PSU life.

SakuraJr
Nov 16, 2007, 09:21 AM
I thought it was a wonderful experience! And plus all the yummy shines I got in the process ^-^

Kinako78
Nov 16, 2007, 09:24 AM
On 2007-11-16 04:43, Remedy wrote:
It was okay. I got most of what I was looking for, so that was nice, but the detrimental effect it had on the community was depressing.

What effect would that be?

Anyway, I had a lot of fun during 1-up. Especially Parum and Neudaiz. That said, though, I'll be happy to get back to my normal routine and to be taking my PM with me on missions again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kaloa
Nov 16, 2007, 09:26 AM
I enjoyed the first two weeks of the event. After that, playing started to feel like a chore. I was sick and tired of it, but I felt like I had to keep pushing myself to make the most out of the opportunity to gain levels and hunt rares.

I'm really happy it's over. Now I have no choice but to relax. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

CelestialBlade
Nov 16, 2007, 09:26 AM
It was a fun event, even if I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to do (like capping).

Though there's a big part of me that's very glad it's over....this event really brought out the worst in some people, and I'm hoping they return to their normal selves now that the event's over. Greed is a powerful force....

Xtian913
Nov 16, 2007, 09:36 AM
I completely enjoyed this event. Got to make some new friends, play with some old ones, party a little with some PSOW'ers (which is always nice), got a ton of stuff, a ton of money, and got to level up my alts a little (wish I would've taken advantage of that a little more...) BUT overall, yes, I had a great time and I'm a bit sad to see it go.

I feel bad for everyone that somehow got scammed or basically just screwed over in the event, because I did see a bit of the greediness that was so prevalent during Firebreak as well. I feel so lucky to have had a static party throughout 95% of the event.

Now that it's over though - Bring on AOI, baby!

EDIT: Typos... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-11-16 06:42 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Nov 16, 2007, 10:00 AM
I managed to get the stuff I was looking for pretty early on, especially since it was nothing special at all, and a couple of unexpected treats just for the hell of it in the last week.

I think the cup was poorly planned for having Mot and Parum overlap and then a week of Nothin-But-Neu... a boring mission with nothing I wanted to get, and no love at all for the people I know who did want S bows or wands.

Bman40
Nov 16, 2007, 10:17 AM
On 2007-11-16 01:36, TheBlackDeath wrote:
I'm gonna have to vote no. Sure I got alot of good stuff even if I didn't get most of what I actually wanted, but in the end it was actually a pretty terrible experience for me because I ended up having to remove three of my good friends. It sickens me to have to do such a thing but I can't stand to play with someone who values a non-existent thing over their own friend. I feel that 1up negatively affected these three people to the point where they were absolutely corrupted with greed and cared more about getting the items than the people they were playing with. I can't stand to associate with people like that so I ended contact with them. Even though I felt justified in what I did I still felt horrible and felt like quitting PSU. So yeah, I really wish we had never gotten this event in the first place and if we get Thanks Festa I probably won't play PSU for it's duration.

awww, how sad, then again, WHO GIVES A SHIT, those people were like everyone else during this time.

Sychosis
Nov 16, 2007, 10:24 AM
Wish it never, ever happened.