PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Less Hours = More Rares ?

DAMASCUS
Nov 16, 2007, 03:01 AM
I've heard this phenomena from people and have experienced it myself. It seems like SEGA may have secretly put in a handicap for people with less hours that allow them to get better rare drops more frequently; especially with random rares in effect.

This could just be circumstantial but the original PSU folks had to put in a lot more hours to get to the levels they are at, whereas the newer folks could power level there way up and still not know half of what they're doing...yet they seem to have uncanny luck.

Does this ring true?

Zarode
Nov 16, 2007, 03:02 AM
Sounds like the frustration that happened all the time in PSO, especially in BB. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You're just bitter. ;P

GuardianElite
Nov 16, 2007, 03:03 AM
no its just luck

Skuda
Nov 16, 2007, 03:10 AM
Little thing called 'Beginner's Luck'. Happens on the occasion.

I Highly doubt there is anything in the code that would increase drop rates for newer characters.

Reginaldo
Nov 16, 2007, 03:43 AM
What's my excuse then? I have over 5000 hours and I find alot of stuff.

Majority of that time is afk but still my hours are up there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reginaldo on 2007-11-16 00:44 ]</font>

Zantra
Nov 16, 2007, 03:47 AM
He's confusing this game with World of Warcraft, where they reward you for not playing their game, by giving you more exp, and rare loot. The longer you haven't been playing, the longer the bonus exp. and rare loot drops are in effect. (In WOW)

GuardianElite
Nov 16, 2007, 03:51 AM
heh lame

DAMASCUS
Nov 16, 2007, 04:05 AM
In my own defense this poll is just a curiosity based on what I have heard and have seen it happen several times. I have gotten my fair share so no bitterness on my part.

Although there is also the new arrival phenomena that I may be thinking of. You know, the new arrival pops in and immediately gets the only rare that has shown up the entire day...but that has nothing to do with hours just coding.

Esufer
Nov 16, 2007, 06:07 AM
I also hear that if you stand on the lightswitch in HSM the Kagijabarimanilow becomes stronger.

Remedy
Nov 16, 2007, 06:41 AM
On 2007-11-16 00:47, Zantra wrote:
He's confusing this game with World of Warcraft, where they reward you for not playing their game, by giving you more exp, and rare loot. The longer you haven't been playing, the longer the bonus exp. and rare loot drops are in effect. (In WOW)That only applies to XP, and only accumulates to a level and a half's worth of double XP. Try to research something before you go insulting it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rashiid
Nov 16, 2007, 07:46 AM
Actually, my friend that has the Rattlesnake (only one or maybe theres 2) on our servers had this game since day one, so I think it is fair.

But I too have had this since day 1, and only S rank board I've received was from 1Up.
Its all just random.

amtalx
Nov 16, 2007, 07:48 AM
Put down the crack pipe my friend.

Nyreal
Nov 16, 2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah, this isn't WoW, as someone stated above me.

Rares are simply rare. Nothing more to be said about it. They'll seem to come to you more if you don't hunt them... So I'd like to suggest... Not hunting them...